Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you should toxx this one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
regarding BLM chat, don't forget they got ANOTHER movement tool in the fact that Xenoglossy is instant and you can hold up to two charges of it, so you're by no means required to use it immediately.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

regarding BLM chat, don't forget they got ANOTHER movement tool in the fact that Xenoglossy is instant and you can hold up to two charges of it, so you're by no means required to use it immediately.

BLM has an absolutely absurd amount of mobility now.

You get:

One assured Fire 3/Thunder 3 proc, which allows you mobility (and if you go for Fire 3 a free refresh on time too)
Random thunder/fire 3 procs, thunder proccing often enough that you can reliably throw it around if you absolutely need to move and do damage.
4 instant casts with relatively short cooldowns
2 instant-cast giant-rear end nukes
Instant movement to anyone else
Warp back to your laylines if they're down.

Short of mechanics that require an absurd amount of movement you can go without much itnterruption in your rotation for a real long period of time.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hey if you guys want a good samurai LB3 macro i got one for you, designed to be as incorrect and annoying as possible

/p oh u think ur so cool huh? *takes out sword n does flip *
/p *teleports behind u n decapacitates u blood spurts from ur neck*
/p 翻訳サービスはオフラインです
/p no so tough r u now huh? *flicks blood off sowrd* sayanara

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Adept Nightingale posted:

As Emet sort of alludes to, I think the WoL getting pulled to the First legitimately thrw the Ascians the first real curveball they've had in ages. Elidibus has been winging it since, amd has no real clue what the right move is to get things back on track.

That does make sense, especially since Emet was confused as gently caress how the Exarch managed to accomplish not only time travel, but travel to an entirely different shard through the rift, with his body (and an entire Allagan construct) intact, and they missed their chance to get time travel info from Alexander, and they seemingly have no way to visit the creator's of Omega however many billions of light years away, assuming they even still exist.

... wait.

Did Midgardsormr and Omega preexist the Sundering?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MechaX posted:

Sort of. It's stated during the Omega questline that Hydaelyn is just a single planet, and that it's relatively unique in how it's been fragmented into parallel realities. The planets Omega and Midgardsormr came from had no such history, which is why they're all unbelievably strong compared to a single person on Hydaelyn. Midgardsormr did come to Hydaelyn post-Sundering, but it's highly likely both he and Omega existed before that point.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MechaX posted:

That does make sense, especially since Emet was confused as gently caress how the Exarch managed to accomplish not only time travel, but travel to an entirely different shard through the rift, with his body (and an entire Allagan construct) intact, and they missed their chance to get time travel info from Alexander, and they seemingly have no way to visit the creator's of Omega however many billions of light years away, assuming they even still exist.

... wait.

Middy and Omega are from an unsundered star, and they probably landed after the sundering considering the First's lack of dragons.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
One thing I haven't seen discussed at all in this thread is...

How the gently caress are we going to get the Scions back to the Source?

I'm assuming that's going to be the focus of 5.1/5.2?

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Finished leveling AST and turned to WHM and not to drag up that discussion from a few days ago but jesus christ, it's like night and day. AST feels like a constant uphill battle in all content while WHM just strolls around like a god with three tools for every situation, each one with about twice the potency necessary to handle it. It doesn't really matter that AST can clear the content when it feels this lovely doing so.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Middy and Omega are from an unsundered star, and they probably landed after the sundering considering the First's lack of dragons.

yeah, they did, since middy made a pact with hydaelyn, so A. hydaelyn existed in the first place and B. she was king poo poo rather than zodiark

Mordiceius posted:

yeah, they say explicitly "we still gotta figure that out but it can wait for now" in the denouement

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, they say explicitly "we still gotta figure that out but it can wait for now" in the denouement

And they're sending you specifically back to fill in everyone on what's happened. That's a hell of a meeting with all the national leaders we didn't get to see...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

And they're sending you specifically back to fill in everyone on what's happened. That's a hell of a meeting with all the national leaders we didn't get to see...

To be fair "Everyone almost died through magic bullshit, I stopped it is like every Tuesday for the WoL.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
This expansion gives me a reason to use my paladin lion mount. Lots of people asked me where they get the Sin Eater lion from.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair "Everyone almost died through magic bullshit, I stopped it is like every Tuesday for the WoL.

I'm thinking more along the lines of trying to explain Amaurot and the origins of the Ascians, Zodiark, and Hydaelen.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, they did, since middy made a pact with hydaelyn, so A. hydaelyn existed in the first place and B. she was king poo poo rather than zodiark

Did they every mention whether we're in a particularly sustained part of time syncing up, or are the twins going to be like 35 by the time we get them home?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Krabboss posted:

The tank-melting aspect of ShB dungeons becomes less of a thing as you go up in levels I feel. The last couple feel easier and more like what tanking HW/SB felt like. The expert dungeons, even in just AF gear, also feel pretty speedy and not too life threatening.

The big thing for sch and ast is that they get a lot of oGCD healing, since all their new stuff is healing, so their effective throughput only goes up even as they lose power from relative ilvl decrease. By 78 I had no problem telling tanks to go ham on SCH, and AST felt a lot better with intervention at 74.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Draxion posted:

Did they every mention whether we're in a particularly sustained part of time syncing up, or are the twins going to be like 35 by the time we get them home?

The Exarch specifically says that for the foreseeable future time is flowing at the same rate between worlds, yeah.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Spoiler/speculation time:
I've been trying to speculate on how the next five patches will go. Generally, x.1-x.3 is wrapping up the current expansion and .4/x.5 is lead up to new expansion. So judging by that, I am assuming that we will spend the next 3 patches focused on the First. Mainly, I am assuming, working to get the Scions back to the Source. But then I wonder, where do Elidibus and Zenos fall into this? My initial thought was that one of them will be foiled by 5.3.

Keeping that in mind, I think Zenos will be put on the back burner until 6.0 when we invade Garlemald proper.

As for patches 5.1/5.2/5.3, I assume we'll start off with the initial fallout from all the events as well as working on a plan to get the Scions back to the Source with a culmination of fighting Elidibus's new plot. I don't know what the main plot of 5.1 will be but I feel like x.1 stories always tend to be the weakest of the patch cycle (at least we'll have the NieR raid). I could see 5.1 ending with a stinger showing Elidibus's new Warriors of Light. From there, we could take 5.2 and 5.3 of open conflict against these new WoL as well as that creating a solution to getting the Scions back to the Source (maybe we defeat these new Warriors of Light and they give their lives so the Scions can go home?) Either way, we foil Elidibus's plot.

From there, maybe Elidibus goes back to Zenos to try to figure things out and Zenos mercs him and takes his power, thus powering Zenos up and creating a more formidable foe for 6.0?

But to throw a wrench in the works, it seems like the Eden raid questline is going to feature Thancred/Minfilia. So they have to stay on the First until at least 5.4. Maybe Thancred decides to stay on the First forever?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Draxion posted:

Remember that everyone's bodies are still back in the Source. Presumably, when everyone returns they shouldn't have aged any more than their bodies did. It might actually be a little weird for some of the people who've been there for a while, to leave for 5 years and return 5 years younger close to where they left off.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

As SE has demonstrated, they tend to wrap up their story by x.3, so they can start laying the groundwork for the next expansion.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Minrad posted:

The big thing for sch and ast is that they get a lot of oGCD healing, since all their new stuff is healing, so their effective throughput only goes up even as they lose power from relative ilvl decrease. By 78 I had no problem telling tanks to go ham on SCH, and AST felt a lot better with intervention at 74.

Yeah I've just unlocked Fey Blessing and having just the one additional oGCD is enough to make pulls smoother. I imagine the HoT on Sacred Soil helps too but I've literally never stood in an upgraded Soil yet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Mage is the best class in the game. Give in and accept it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
soul chat

the Warrior of Light is just Jet Li in The One

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Re: Black Mage chat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Xenoglossy's not a drat word

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sure it is, it just has nothing to do with blasting things with gigantic amounts of magical power.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoglossy

We're basically uttering Power Word: Death in a lost language

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Xenoglossy's not a drat word

It super is!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dear Square, where is my cutscene of Gaius inside the Ultima Weapon, controlling it like the Megazord?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

soul chat

the Warrior of Light is just Jet Li in The One

FFXIV ending revealed!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Namnesor posted:

Wrong

We're basically uttering Power Word: Death in a lost language

That spell isn't even that impressive any more, especially after it got turned into a talent. :colbert:

Oh wait, Power Word :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Black Mage is the best class in the game. Give in and accept it.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my fabulous exploding magic roses.

Red > Black

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

and it also fits perfectly with Enochian, which is an occult language

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cabbit posted:

That spell isn't even that impressive any more, especially after it got turned into a talent. :colbert:

Oh wait, Power Word :v:

It's okay Cabbit, SPriest can't hurt you here.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hmm, maybe the SSS Titania EX dummy is just overtuned, because I'm getting it down to 6%. Maybe it assumes you have full Ronkan?

someone talks about beating it with only 2 Ronkan pieces and AF4 gun

Hmm, maybe I'm just poo poo at the game.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Ibblebibble posted:

Hmm, maybe the SSS Titania EX dummy is just overtuned, because I'm getting it down to 6%. Maybe it assumes you have full Ronkan?

someone talks about beating it with only 2 Ronkan pieces and AF4 gun

Hmm, maybe I'm just poo poo at the game.

Nope, it's just overtuned. Don't stress about it. Your dps is probably pretty solid if you can get it that low before timing out, honestly.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hey, convinced the wife to buy the game and start playing on Tonberry with me, only it's marked as a congested realm?

Any idea what sort of timeframe there is for that to be turned off so we can play together?

SirSamVimes posted:

It's okay Cabbit, SPriest can't hurt you here.

:golfclap:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hmmm, these Ishgard lads are dicks. Also I kinda thought I would be getting into it with the magitek empire about now but here I seem to be stuck on solving another primal, slightly disappointing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So on BLM chat with thirty s sharpcast, I've figured out you can do a super forgiving version of the rotation if you burn it on fire 1. 2x fire 4, sc f1, 2x f4, f3. Gives you plenty of time to move and react while giving the same amount of f4s. Probably less dps than thunder3 but...gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Caidin posted:

Hmmm, these Ishgard lads are dicks. Also I kinda thought I would be getting into it with the magitek empire about now but here I seem to be stuck on solving another primal, slightly disappointing.

I assume you're in the low 40's quests getting ready for Garuda? Garlean presence ramps up pretty soon. And yes, Ishgardians are dicks.