Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Scy, whatever you decide thanks for the thread and running the guild for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Pivo posted:

What do I do with extra transmute crystals? I have 200 but I have everything transmuted that I need. Can’t transmute stuff from someone else because it binds, right? Feels wasteful. But I don’t have alternate sets of armour or anything I play one class one way (for now, only logging in for crafting and BG)

Transmute random weapons to nirnhoned, then decon and sell any nirn you get.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
I've got a really weird bug.

I own the base game and am on ESO Plus, when I make a new character and do the tutorial in the Coldharbour Prison, when I escape the cell it doesn't prompt me to pick up a weapon from the dead guard outside the cell. I follow Lyris and am fighting my way out with my bare hands (which takes ages to kill things) and when I go outside I have to kill one of those Sentinels, but there's never any there, the quest marker just takes me to a sort of gate/portal thing.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Guys I know we're a telvanni erp guild but c'mon

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yoshimo posted:

I've got a really weird bug.

I own the base game and am on ESO Plus, when I make a new character and do the tutorial in the Coldharbour Prison, when I escape the cell it doesn't prompt me to pick up a weapon from the dead guard outside the cell. I follow Lyris and am fighting my way out with my bare hands (which takes ages to kill things) and when I go outside I have to kill one of those Sentinels, but there's never any there, the quest marker just takes me to a sort of gate/portal thing.

Have you tried attacking the portals?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I was about to ask how this game’s going with it being on sale and because I want a new MMO to play since I have incurable brain worms. Judging from that last post, i take it the answer is “not very good”?

That aside, it’s a bit of a long shot, but if there’s anything comparing this game’s classes and specs to XIV jobs, or just confirmation that the OP is up to date, I’d actually appreciate it. It can’t be worse than BfA’s all-around tire fire or Shadowbringers’ gutted jobs, right?

The PvP, as mentioned, is a shitshow as per usual. The PvE content is very solid. There is an endless glut of questing content that, while varying in quality here and there, is typically very good. There's a crapload of daily quests, solo delves, public dungeons, instanced dungeons, trials (raids) and other stuff to keep you busy. It can be hard to run out of stuff to do in that regard. There's also fluff stuff like housing, decorating said houses, etc.

There is only six classes in the game, but any class can perform any role. So were you to make a Nightblade for example, that Nightblade could be magicka (ranged) DPS, stamina (melee) DPS, a healer or a tank. It all depends on how you spec their skills, attributes and gear. Each class kind of brings it's own flavor to each role.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am greatly enjoying BattleGrounds. It’s non-champion point. One thing this means is that it is easier to set up one character that can do well in PvE and PvP just by switching out gear and some skills, rather than worrying about resetting champion points. It is also small scale combat so for me at least, the performance is much, much better than open world Cyrodil where zerglag is petty common. Imperial city can be kind of fun as well and also has no champion point option.

There are some issues with the match making in BattleGrounds sometimes I think, and it may get worse as I get better... I have had a couple of long waits... but overall really enjoying it thus far, mostly running a magdk molten whip build (the molten whip damage stack is now kind of insane and an easy rotation... ppl complain that there is no spammable, but actually the chains that restore magicka on ineligible targets is essentially a free spammable, gives mobility and that works well enough for no CP. I get stuns from it, which I don’t really understand. With a flame build the dmg is ok.)

in BG there also isn’t really that super tanky meta. There is a lot of glass cannon, hit and run stuff, but not the sort tank or those pure gank builds so prevalent in Champion Point PvP.

I am away at the moment, but just started leveling a stamden and plan to see how much of that I can do in BattleGrounds.

As mentioned the PvE game is pretty excellent.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

I need some serious help.

I've just logged in for the first time since... 2014?

Apparently I was playing an Imperial (EP) Templar with emphasis on Sword/Shield, Heavy Armour, and Aedric Spear. Level 50… CR(?) 10...ish. I have no idea what any of these skills do anymore! I tried carrying on with the quests I had (Cadwell's Silver?) but everything takes absolutely ages to kill and I'm guessing it's cos I'm literally built like a Tank. But I don't think all my other skills are particularly levelled up.

What can I do here to get killing? I'm not that fussed about doing instanced dungeons any time soon, I just bought all the expansions and I want to quest and explore! I guess I'll need respec skills and attributes and also I'm not really sure what I'm doing with these Champion Points.

Edit - thanks for the previous reply about the tutorial!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
My advice is to use this website. You don't have to follow the builds exactly, often you can't due to lack of CP or gear, but it's a good starting point.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Ah looks pretty good, if I wanted to carry on being the sword-and-board type would I have a really bad time in terms of zone questing? I'm looking at the "Templar Tank Build PvE" guide (aka the "Paladin.")

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Why not start a new character? You can learn the game again, getting to 50 is easy, and after that point you'll have two classes to choose from.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

count_von_count posted:

Transmute random weapons to nirnhoned, then decon and sell any nirn you get.

Awesome idea, can't wait til I can implement it in 50 days ... when the research completes...

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Pivo posted:

Why not start a new character? You can learn the game again, getting to 50 is easy, and after that point you'll have two classes to choose from.

I like this plan.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is the op still up to date?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

I don't think it has been updated in a while and Scy mentioned abandoning it.

Just ask here or in the discords.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

underage at the vape shop posted:

Most of the core gameplay information is still valid, just ignore the parts about builds and addons, join the discord and I have a stickied post with all the addons I use/used.

Faction irrelevant since lol pvp is a mess. No info about Wardens or Necromancers because I never added it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
NVM, that was a dumb question, I'll just use my sorc to get middling cp160 gear for my stamblad to use once he's lvl 50.

I am curious if it's worth getting blue set items from normal dungeons then upgrading them, or if that's a waste of time/resources. Do vet dungeons drop completely different sets, or just better versions of the ones dropped in normal dungeons?

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 6, 2019

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Inspector 34 posted:

NVM, that was a dumb question, I'll just use my sorc to get middling cp160 gear for my stamblad to use once he's lvl 50.

I am curious if it's worth getting blue set items from normal dungeons then upgrading them, or if that's a waste of time/resources. Do vet dungeons drop completely different sets, or just better versions of the ones dropped in normal dungeons?

The latter. Running norms for gear is absolutely a valid strategy unless you need monster helms or the jewelry from a set, because upgrading jewelry is crazy expensive to do.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lol the leaked patch notes were real and it's causing a shitstorm on their forums. The changes might keep me interested a bit longer, waiting to see if they can actually pull off performance fixes.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
So having not played in awhile, but wanting to take my time and enjoy the atmosphere, I am kind of stuck on mods not working since the newest expansion. Things like Skyshards, Lorebooks, and the multiquest one. It might be because I rolled a new character in Elsewyr, but are there any mods working along these lines still?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ditch lorebooks and skyshards, get Map Pins

Alternatively, ditch em all and wait for update 23 when you can buy Skyshards AND Guild Skill Lines :homebrew:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

oh great

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Ditch lorebooks and skyshards, get Map Pins

Alternatively, ditch em all and wait for update 23 when you can buy Skyshards AND Guild Skill Lines :homebrew:

Wait, is this actually a thing now, because I'd consider throwing 5-10 bucks if I can get the Skyshards behind the other factions PvP gates (the ones near the Elder Scroll holding places). Probably wouldn't do it, but I'd consider it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Airspace posted:

Wait, is this actually a thing now, because I'd consider throwing 5-10 bucks if I can get the Skyshards behind the other factions PvP gates (the ones near the Elder Scroll holding places). Probably wouldn't do it, but I'd consider it.

Not how I works I gather. I think you have to have already gotten all the shards in a zone. Then you can purchase that zone for other characters. I think that’s right.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Still doing guild invites here?
Looking to play and craft with other NA goons
@Notatapir

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Airspace posted:

In order to purchase skyshards you need to have obtained the achievement for the specific zone you want on a previous character. This way it doesn't become blatant P2W (I've bought Craglorn Skyshards on several characters because lol gently caress doing Craglorn ever again).

The skill lines will also work the same way, you'll need to have fully leveled up the desired skill line beforehand.

This is a good QoL addition IMO, because gently caress having to grind Mages/Fighter's/Undaunted/Psijic over and over again on new characters.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Haji posted:

Still doing guild invites here?
Looking to play and craft with other NA goons
@Notatapir

Account not found

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

So here's what might be a dumb question that I'm overlooking an easy answer to, but is it possible to use the outfitter to change the look of your offhand weapon? If so, how?

EDIT: And just like that I figured it out.

Taliesyn fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 8, 2019

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Don't suppose @Robzilla could get a NA guild invite.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Scyantific posted:

This is a good QoL addition IMO, because gently caress having to grind Mages/Fighter's/Undaunted/Psijic over and over again on new characters.

:agreed:

I'm curious what will replace caltrops in the next patch. I hear Soul Trap (or whatever it's called) is hitting like a truck thus far on PTS.

Also, the screeching on the official forums about the new patch has reached a fever pitch. It's glorious.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Just looking forward (I'm still at the dizzying heights of CR 136) how does dual-speccing work, if at all?

I'm currently running a Templar Magicka DPS build but once I start fancying doing dungeons, how much work would I have to do to reconfigure myself into healbot-mode?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Beefeater posted:

:agreed:

I'm curious what will replace caltrops in the next patch. I hear Soul Trap (or whatever it's called) is hitting like a truck thus far on PTS.

Also, the screeching on the official forums about the new patch has reached a fever pitch. It's glorious.

Soul trap is going to be bonkers for sustain too. Throw a few STs on some trash adds during a boss fight and get back fat resources when they die to cleave :black101:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I used to use Oblivion's Foe as a sustain set. Soul Trap will be crazy now with that if the 5pc actually works.

I don’t really understand what exactly they are trying to get at with this next patch. And it seems to kind of gut magdk... which is weird, though I admit that Molten Whip was crazy good when stacked right in no cp campaigns, BG, etc.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Methinks they're trying to reign DPS in a fair bit, as well as overhealing in endgame and PvP before the (eventual) CP rebalance. Power creep and DPS numbers have become insane in recent years.

DPS will go down; rotations will change a bit due to the lengthened AOE duration; some skills will die, others will become useful in their place. Nothing much new there. But some of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense though, particularly on the healing front. As it stands on the PTS you could potentially go through vet trials with two tanks and ten bow/bow stamina DPS with Vigor slotted.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

at last, the age of bow/bow supremacy has arrived six years later

now the game can truly be an elder scrolls game with stealth archer ascendancy

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I just spent a bunch of gold and collected mats to upgrade all my gear on my petsorc, all I'm missing is the vMA lightning staff. And they are nerfing petsorc ...

I wonder what other sorc builds are fun.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I ran a non-pet build for a long while and liked it. I respec'ed her to stamina now and I like that even more.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I've been away for a few months and I came back to my magblade... and it's absolute dogshit now. What in the gently caress did they do? My DPS dropped and my sustain is in the loving toilet, and that's with adding heavy attacks, an absorb magicka glyph, and swapping to the stam incapacitating strike for the additional sustain. Doing the same rotation as pre-patch (that I can do in my sleep) I can barely get through a 3 mil target dummy without running dry and that's with chugging pots.

I've always kept my subscription active even on breaks because I liked popping into the game every now and then and I accumulate a nice surplus of crowns. But jesus christ this is the first time I've logged in after a break and didn't feel like playing because the game feels lovely.

Edit: Yeah, this just isn't fun anymore. For the first time in 2 years I'm CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION. Hopefully they unfuck this mess.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 10, 2019

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
I do two things in this game that I can say, without hubris, well. One is Magblade PVP and the other is healing vet trials.

Now, granted, I cancelled my sub last month due to how lovely PVP has become with the retarded faction locking, and after these patch notes...ehhhhhhhhhh. I won't be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

DoriDori240 posted:

I do two things in this game that I can say, without hubris, well. One is Magblade PVP and the other is healing vet trials.

Now, granted, I cancelled my sub last month due to how lovely PVP has become with the retarded faction locking, and after these patch notes...ehhhhhhhhhh. I won't be missed.

Oh my god, I didn't even see those patch notes. Jesus Christ, what kind of design philosophy is "make everyone weaker and have them run out of resources constantly"? They just keep making damage and sustain worse and worse with every patch.