Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

It's a much better grift than making youtube videos.

Less staying power, though. Even by the horrible standards of women in entertainment, cam girls tend to have very short careers. And from what I've read and seen of Belle Delphine while learning about this bathwater madness it's probably even shorter since she leans heavily into waifu, DDLG, lolita stuff. Given the likely proclivities of her fanbase, she probably only has a handful of years to really cash in, but she appears to be doing that in spades.

Also, it seems another thing she did was sell nude photos of other women with the trollish lede "Belle Delphine sells nudes," implying they're pictures of her, but they aren't. Haha, right? Except she didn't receive consent from any of the women whose images she sold, and some of them might not have been eighteen, so uhh, that's awful.

We certainly live in interesting times.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

Kim Justice posted:

James Charles/Tati/Jeffree Star

To this day, even after reading about it, I have no clue about what the gently caress happened there.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is bath water a euphemism for something? Is this like the time I thought bath salts were those things you get at Lush? Or do I already know the answer in my dead unfeeling heart?

Also Maggie's video was great although I'm always a fan of exposing the horrors of capitalism.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Is bath water a euphemism for something?

It is literally used bath water, friend.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

"You think too much of me, kid. I'm not that clever."

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
There's a semi popular Australian political/comedy Youtuber by the name of FriendlyJordies who released a video of him drinking the bathwater (or does he). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBvY8Yyny2I
Jordies is an "interesting" personality in his own right, being a dyed in the wool Labor shill and someone who despises identity politics and who now mostly releases low effort click baity poo poo but he does put out the odd gem.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not Australian and most of his stuff is focused on Australian politics so I never really watched him, but I do remember from 5 or so years ago he had a video making fun of the shark cull some Australian politician was pushing and i thought it was pretty drat funny, to the point that I still remember it and the person who made it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

You didn't ask me but that poo poo's going for a grand. Buy it, you pathetic scummy loners.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkk

Burn everything to the ground, our species deserves it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Leal posted:

don't worry, we're already well on our way there

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
We could just kill the idiots who’ve poisoned their brains with irony and memes, that’d solve a lot.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Leal posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkk

Hey, it's not all bad. If you pledge to me on Patreon I'll knock 5% off. What a deal!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Should have been a gamer girl but I wanted to "be a professional"...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Belle Delphine is just part of the larger trend of zoomers showing up our generation and making us realize how weak and pathetic our achievements were. Boxxy never thought to sell her bathwater. Although social media with streaming did not exist in our heyday.
Zoomers are selling bath water just for the hell of it while millennials are busy defending this as so very politically important. Millennials ain't poo poo, zoomers are where it's at.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s almost a tragedy that they are the last generation, as indicated by the label. Still, on balance I’m glad it will all be over soon.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every generational epoch after the baby boom is complete and utter nonsense with no clearly defined start or end

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

generation x never ended

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people on twitter: "Can you believe how the upper classes have historically managed to divide the lower classes with completely arbitrary boundaries like race and religion?"

also people on twitter: "NO YOU ARE NOT GEN X, YOU'RE A MILLENIAL. YOU, 50 YEAR OLD MAN, YOU'RE A BOOMER! BOOMER!"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

people on twitter: "Can you believe how the upper classes have historically managed to divide the lower classes with completely arbitrary boundaries like race and religion?"

also people on twitter: "NO YOU ARE NOT GEN X, YOU'RE A MILLENIAL. YOU, 50 YEAR OLD MAN, YOU'RE A BOOMER! BOOMER!"

Dan Nainan? Is that you?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

Dan Nainan? Is that you?

no Dan Nainan is a double idiot for trying to self-describe as a millenial

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Millennials have this sense of... self-centered exceptionalism, for lack of a better term, in writing off the entire process of getting old and out-of-touch as the exclusive territory of the Baby Boomer generation. It feels like we act that we were the first generation to discover this.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s almost a tragedy that they are the last generation, as indicated by the label. Still, on balance I’m glad it will all be over soon.
The label "Gen Z" only stuck because we got loving lazy. Millennials were supposed to be Gen Y, remember? Regardless, they have the right idea: we're all gonna die fairly soon, so have some fun doing it.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 10, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Trolling horny gamers aside, Belle Delphine js a pretty lovely person that is a terf so I can't wait until she's out of the spotlight.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

Trolling horny gamers aside, Belle Delphine js a pretty lovely person that is a terf so I can't wait until she's out of the spotlight.

Someone on SA also mentioned she's a pedo peddler

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Radicalized by the internet in all the wrong ways.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They used to speculate about "something in the water", but between that and the dude who drank toilet water to own AOC that conspiracy theory is gonna end up looking charmingly innocent.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That thing they put in the water? Gurl gamer bath water

All the chemicals from the soap, shampoo, shaving cream, really does a number on ya what the gently caress is wrong with people

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 11, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Belle Delphine seems like a horrible person but there’s something admirable about grifting Horny Gamers™ by implying that soon they’ll be able to see her naked. She truly is the Steven Moffat of lewd Patreon cosplayers

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Alaois posted:

every generational epoch after the baby boom is complete and utter nonsense with no clearly defined start or end

If you were born in 84 or so you're about the right age to not remember the Cold War, to still be in school when 9/11 happens and lose your first job out of uni when the economy crashed in 2008.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

Someone on SA also mentioned she's a pedo peddler

if you mean that’s who she caters to that’s obvious from literally every picture of her.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kim Justice posted:

Someone's following the Belle Delphine poo poo!

You didn't ask me but that poo poo's going for a grand. Buy it, you pathetic scummy loners.

I dunno how far this is from freaking financial domination tbh. It's embarrassing. A joke.

I don't even get the logic behind the bath water thing. Like if it was an article of clothing or like a signed photo or something, that'd be understandable (in regards to what someone might *do* with it). With bath water though, what do you do with it? Smell it? Drink it? Vape it? Mix it with you own bath water? Dump it in a humidifier? Use it hydrate your herb garden? Cycle it into your PC's liquid cooling system? Throw it at people to ruin their day?

Actually, that last one gives me an idea.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

I don't even get the logic behind the bath water thing. Like if it was an article of clothing or like a signed photo or something, that'd be understandable (in regards to what someone might *do* with it). With bath water though, what do you do with it? Smell it? Drink it? Vape it? Mix it with you own bath water? Dump it in a humidifier? Use it hydrate your herb garden? Cycle it into your PC's liquid cooling system? Throw it at people to ruin their day?

“I want her sweat/sex juices, but that evaporates off clothes” maybe? Trying to moonwalk into the mindset of someone willing to shell out money for that makes me feel dirty by association so I’m fine settling with that.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm assuming they cum in it at some point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DgdJbBHSY

:hai:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I think the sad/gross serious answer is that bathwater is easier to sell than underwear and just deniable enough to not cross some sex crime line (I have no idea if she was selling the bath water while she was under 18 and I don't want to google it). You can probably sell up to 40 or 50 jars of bathwater each day without anyone raising an eye, and no one's going to question whether it's real. You sell more than one pair of underwear a day and people start getting suspicious.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's pretty cool that Natalie is now the trans queen of YouTube. I mean, it could have been Blaire White instead for a second there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the right still a big deal on youtube? I haven't heard anything about the usual creeps in what seems like forever--maybe since Carl destroyed his own political party. I assume the comments sections and channels with 100 subs are still out there calling for blut und boden in between fortnite stream archives, but all the big names seem to have faded from the secondary sources where I heard about them. Even old Jordan Peterson seems mostly quiet since getting baffled at that debate with Zizek.

It all seems a long way from 2015-16 when they were what passed for discourse on youtube.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Probably cheaper to get some bottles and print off some labels for them than make a bunch of shirts but signed photos is a good competitior for cheap on their part.

Why people want to buy it is pretty obvious. It's going in their creepy shrines.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
In fairness, there's also the weird secondary market of people buying it to "ironically" drink in Youtube videos to try and go viral.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RLM talkin' John Carpenter's final flick in his Apocalypse Trilogy, In The Mouth of Madness. A movie I saw while feverish and doped on cough medicine which means I thought of it as something like Eraserhead until I finally rewatched it later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6VNAcd1Dgs

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's a good video about a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you mean that’s who she caters to that’s obvious from literally every picture of her.

Apparently one of her scams was selling nudes, but they were other people's nudes and included underage pics.