Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Music PHUO: The Killers are the greatest rock band of our generation.

Somebody told me that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Music PHUO: The Killers are the greatest rock band of our generation.

They're not even the best band with "The Kill-" in their name.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They called Jerry Lewis "The Killer", does that count?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They were called the Killers because they killed off the dance rock fad in one fell swoop.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

They're not even the best band with "The Kill-" in their name.

gently caress yeah My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
If anyone kills one of Epstein's clients (and also Epstein himself after he sells everyone out), no matter their beliefs or motivation, they should be lauded as a hero.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

MizPiz posted:

If anyone kills one of Epstein's clients (and also Epstein himself after he sells everyone out), no matter their beliefs or motivation, they should be lauded as a hero.

I don't think this is unpopular, but they should still pay the legal penalty for the murder they committed regardless. Heroes go to prison all the time, like John Dillinger. They are still criminals in the end though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't think this is unpopular, but they should still pay the legal penalty for the murder they committed regardless. Heroes go to prison all the time, like John Dillinger. They are still criminals in the end though.

lmao this motherfucker still in stage 4 of Kohlberg's stages of moral development

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Law and Order is one of the most successful TV shows of all time, I think it's a pretty good stage to settle on.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

murder is still illegal, whether it's lee harvey oswald you're offing, bill cosby, or jeffery epstein. the best course of action in punishing a sick gently caress like that is to have him spend the rest of his life in jail. inmates usually don't take kindly to pedophiles, in the "i'm already in prison, what can they do to me for what i'm about to do to you" way. jeff dahmer got the same treatment.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

He's not going to prison though.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't have anything against tattoos, and don't judge people who have them or anything, but I just can't help but feel that they are kind of ugly and make people look less good than if they'd just stayed as they were.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shibawanko posted:

He's not going to prison though.

according to literally everything, he's facing charges and there is only the slightest sliver of a chance he won't be gotten on these charges.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

spit on my clit posted:

according to literally everything, he's facing charges and there is only the slightest sliver of a chance he won't be gotten on these charges.

He already got "got" before with a slap in the wrist. Everyone involved in his previous "trial" should hang

darkhand has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Jul 10, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

darkhand posted:

He already got "got" before with a slap in the wrist. Everyone involved in his previous "trial" should hang

well that was before the me too movement when people started taking this kind of stuff seriously. you can imagine the riots that'd happen on the west coast if he walks.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I mean, the corrupt Samsung guy walked while half of Seoul was out on the streets. Protests are not very effective at accomplishing things against real power. I seriously doubt he'll really end up in prison, or at least in the same way that a normal person who committed the same crime would.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

spit on my clit posted:

well that was before the me too movement when people started taking this kind of stuff seriously. you can imagine the riots that'd happen on the west coast if he walks.

He got off last time because if his trial had gone on it could've ended up implicating a lot of important people, including the President.

Now his trial could end up implicating two Presidents.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shibawanko posted:

I mean, the corrupt Samsung guy walked while half of Seoul was out on the streets. Protests are not very effective at accomplishing things against real power. I seriously doubt he'll really end up in prison, or at least in the same way that a normal person who committed the same crime would.

i said riots not protests. a protest is where you have a message and you make it known, a riot is unorganized, mass chaos that usually results in destroying the city, or at least the reputation of the city for years to come.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Shibawanko posted:

On the other hand, mass protest was really effective at ousting the previous South Korean President, so :shrug:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Americans aren't going to riot when Epstein walks, they'll just act smug about how they knew he wasn't going to be punished.

It's far more likely he'll end up committing suicide by shooting himself twice in the back of the head.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Americans aren't going to riot when Epstein walks, they'll just act smug about how they knew he wasn't going to be punished.

It's far more likely he'll end up committing suicide by shooting himself twice in the back of the head.

Ah, the Clinton Classic. The first time it'll ever have been deserved

as if americans wouldn't take a chance they can get to riot. it's what those west coast boys live for, life is so boring when you're a trust fund kid, why not wreck poo poo?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

All those famous historical trust fund baby riots

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shibawanko posted:

All those famous historical trust fund baby riots

Who else has the time to fly out to a state and smash poo poo for the next few days?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spit on my clit posted:

Who else has the time to fly out to a state and smash poo poo for the next few days?

Flying out to a state and city they're presumably already in

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Riot Tourism would be a great name for a punk band.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Trap music is absolute garbage manufactured by wannabee rappers who can't rap for poo poo so they put the loud bass or the sadboy beats over their lovely, whiny voice. Lil Nas X is the only man to do good trap music, that's because he can sing. Rap needs a revival, but not like this. Trap/sadboy music only invites mediocre 15 year olds to embarrass themselves on soundcloud.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Riot Tourism would be a great name for a punk band.

Yeah, just don't name your songs stuff like "break poo poo" unless you want the lawsuits.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Riot tourism could work especially if they offered like a platinum package that includes your own squad of riot gear equipped bodyguards and a starter pack of molotovs/gas masks/suggested things to yell. Just so everyone can feel included, even the people who don't care what the riot is about but just want to join.

Anyway, Epstein will get whatever some focus group determines is the minimum sentence the majority of americans will accept while also pleasing Epstein enough to keep him from spilling the beans on his old "friends". There's only one clear sentence if the sentence was going to be based on justice, but that's far too much to hope for imho.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Riot tourism could work especially if they offered like a platinum package that includes your own squad of riot gear equipped bodyguards and a starter pack of molotovs/gas masks/suggested things to yell. Just so everyone can feel included, even the people who don't care what the riot is about but just want to join.

not only is that a horrible idea, it also ensures that no town will have your band play.

Anyway, Epstein will get whatever some focus group determines is the minimum sentence the majority of americans will accept while also pleasing Epstein enough to keep him from spilling the beans on his old "friends". There's only one clear sentence if the sentence was going to be based on justice, but that's far too much to hope for imho.

if there's any chance of epstein squealing on a certain ex-president, he's getting their RIP treatment.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The only detective from law & order SVU better than Stabler is Finn, but the show has still kind of sucked since Stabler left even with a higher dose of Finn. It needs both imphuo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hot sauce above 1 million scovilles is just masturbatory, whether it uses extract or not. My friend got me an early birthday gift of a 2.2 million+ sauce and I have to finish it to be polite, but it's agony. The first third of the bottle I raced through wasn't bad, but the poo poo settles at the bottom and gets harder as you go. Now that I'm down to the bottom half remnants just a moderate dab makes tears pour out of me like i'm watching a nicholas sparks movie, and then there's the sweat. And then there's the fact that for the next 24 hours your burps taste like carolina reaper and your abdomen will spasm randomly as if it's asking you what the hell you were thinking.

But it was a gift, so I appreciate it. But I hope they don't buy it for me again.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Hot sauce above 1 million scovilles is just masturbatory, whether it uses extract or not. My friend got me an early birthday gift of a 2.2 million+ sauce and I have to finish it to be polite, but it's agony. The first third of the bottle I raced through wasn't bad, but the poo poo settles at the bottom and gets harder as you go. Now that I'm down to the bottom half remnants just a moderate dab makes tears pour out of me like i'm watching a nicholas sparks movie, and then there's the sweat. And then there's the fact that for the next 24 hours your burps taste like carolina reaper and your abdomen will spasm randomly as if it's asking you what the hell you were thinking.

But it was a gift, so I appreciate it. But I hope they don't buy it for me again.

Mods please change his name to "yeah I blow my rear end out"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Clam Chowdown posted:

Mods please change his name to "yeah I blow my rear end out"

My rear end after that sauce is the forbidden rear end. Nobody should have to eat it. You would expect it would rocket right out of you, but no, it actually blocks you up and it's slow and excruciating.

The sauce itself is delicious though before it fucks you up, props to Sean Evans and Hot Ones.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
America getting to compete in sports as one country when they are so gigantic with half a billion people is unfair. Like, no poo poo they get more medals than everyone else

If you counted Europe as one country then Europe gets even more medals than America. Duh!

It's unfair to pit a country of 330 million people against, say, a country of 9 million

What I'm saying is, America should only get to compete in world sports as their individual states :getin:

Collapsing Farts has a new favorite as of 11:44 on Jul 11, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Collapsing Farts posted:

America getting to compete in sports as one country when they are so gigantic with half a billion people is unfair. Like, no poo poo they get more medals than everyone else

If you counted Europe as one country then Europe gets even more medals than America. Duh!

It's unfair to pit a country of 330 million people against, say, a country of 9 million

What I'm saying is, America should only get to compete in world sports as their individual states :getin:

Sports are inherently unfair. It's kind of the point. If all the competitors were evenly matched then the winner would be essentially random.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't understand why corked bats are against the rules. If they provide an advantage, why not just let everyone use them? There, now the field is even. Banning them just means that some people are using them secretly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I don't understand why corked bats are against the rules. If they provide an advantage, why not just let everyone use them? There, now the field is even. Banning them just means that some people are using them secretly.

Same but for steroids. We wanna make baseball entertaining again? Well, then tons of home runs and bench clearing roid rage brawls are the way to go.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Solice Kirsk posted:

Same but for steroids. We wanna make baseball entertaining again? Well, then tons of home runs and bench clearing roid rage brawls are the way to go.

Steroids can have bad side effects. But corked bats hurt no one

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, we already did that.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The short answer is that if you allow steroirds, you are de facto requiring them, since the kind of people who are competing at the top level are the same kind of people who would sacrifice their health for a win; you're making it necessary to be competitive.

Thus, not only are you encouraging steroid use, you're encouragin excessive steroid use, and you normalise it in the training pipeline, so it becomes expected of any up-and-coming athelete, meaning, A) all the kids are on roids, and B) if you want an advantage you need to start little Chadworth on the juice as early as possible, and use more than is safe

Sports people already push their bodies past the limit; if you move the limit past where is safe, people die or destroy their bodies in the pursuit of that extra .001s (because people are dumb like that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

TheMaskedUgly posted:

The short answer is that if you allow steroirds, you are de facto requiring them, since the kind of people who are competing at the top level are the same kind of people who would sacrifice their health for a win; you're making it necessary to be competitive.

Thus, not only are you encouraging steroid use, you're encouragin excessive steroid use, and you normalise it in the training pipeline, so it becomes expected of any up-and-coming athelete, meaning, A) all the kids are on roids, and B) if you want an advantage you need to start little Chadworth on the juice as early as possible, and use more than is safe

Sports people already push their bodies past the limit; if you move the limit past where is safe, people die or destroy their bodies in the pursuit of that extra .001s (because people are dumb like that)

Sure but I still think it's a bad idea