Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The trade paperback release of Kill Six Billion Demons by Image Comics was one of two key reasons I ended my 1000+ book, 25-year graphic novel collecting hobby. Still can't bring myself to read it.

Edit: ooh, lovely snipe. To cut to the chase, volume 1 was A5 format, volume 2 was bit-wider-than-A4-and-bit-taller-than-normal-graphic-novels format. Infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

bump_fn posted:

can someone post teh one parody comic where faye time travels back to save her dad and he says "two of you!" and kills himself it always makes me lol

That and the one where she finds her dad's note about the hostess cream pies are the two best comics that ever came out of questionable content

Both written by the Dr mcninja guy!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sinburger posted:

When the artist isn't busy with life stuff, they update twice a week which is a pretty reasonable pace given the quality of the updates.

Oh yeah, it's not on them, it's me. I just can't stay invested enough to keep up long term for one page updates a few times a week, I have to just forget it for a while and catch up in a big chunk.

I appreciate the huge amount of skill and work that goes into drawn stuff like that, I just feel bad because even when I completely love it each page is only like 30 seconds or a minute of my time.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

holy mother of god this was difficult to find

though in the process i did find the questionable content wiki, which contains every flavor text from every single comic ever made. which is terrifying for several reasons. a monument to the banality that humans can achieve

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
IIRC Jeph saw this edit and thought it was pretty funny

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's not an edit, it's a guest comic on his website!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do like that some things from my youth are still going. Even if I prefer the newer things.

Also I can recommend Lancer as an RPG because it owns and all of the current art is done by the K6BD person!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zelder posted:

though in the process i did find the questionable content wiki, which contains every flavor text from every single comic ever made. which is terrifying for several reasons. a monument to the banality that humans can achieve

Okay, with zero context this is kind of darkly funny (I've never read this comic). He apparently hates his own daughter so much that when faced with two of them he immediately pulls the trigger?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lmao

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Okay, with zero context this is kind of darkly funny (I've never read this comic). He apparently hates his own daughter so much that when faced with two of them he immediately pulls the trigger?

it's probably more that he was already suicidal and couldn't process that both time travel was real and that he was suddenly looking at two copies of his daughter

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zelder posted:

Both written by the Dr mcninja guy!

Was is just a fever dream or did Dr. McNinja have a guest comic where time travellers killed Hitler and then giant hasidic jewish people destroyed the world? I seem to recall both Hastings and the guest artist being suprised that it would be considered anti-Semitic and had to be convinced to take it down.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Speaking as a Jew, I want to see more hilariously giant hasidic enemies in comics. Let their black hats block the sun and their payot sweep the cities clean.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Seldom Posts posted:

Was is just a fever dream or did Dr. McNinja have a guest comic where time travellers killed Hitler and then giant hasidic jewish people destroyed the world? I seem to recall both Hastings and the guest artist being suprised that it would be considered anti-Semitic and had to be convinced to take it down.

That does sound like the comic that's in the original omnibus, I can check when I get home!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Zelder posted:

I've always liked the callback to the bully pulpit time machine too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Way back when QC was fairly new, just a couple years old, it got a bunch of attention for revealing that character's father had killed himself, and that's one of the reasons she had trouble forming relationships. In a better comic that had done more character work and earned it it would have been a good moment, and the fans liked it well enough and it was handled better than Loss or some poo poo. QC also regularly ran guest comics. That one was by the author of Dr. McNinja. Fans didn't appreciate it so much. It stayed up for a surprisingly long time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seldom Posts posted:

This was real. It was supposed to be an absurdist joke about the idea that Hitler thought he was somehow saving Germany and the world from Jewish people, and it might have worked if anti-Semitism wasn't a real and persistent problem.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Sanford posted:

The trade paperback release of Kill Six Billion Demons by Image Comics was one of two key reasons I ended my 1000+ book, 25-year graphic novel collecting hobby. Still can't bring myself to read it.

Edit: ooh, lovely snipe. To cut to the chase, volume 1 was A5 format, volume 2 was bit-wider-than-A4-and-bit-taller-than-normal-graphic-novels format. Infuriating.

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. That counts as infuriating to you?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Just Offscreen posted:

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. That counts as infuriating to you?

Dunno what Sanford was getting at but printing that luscious, complex art in A5 format is diabolical

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zelder posted:

That does sound like the comic that's in the original omnibus, I can check when I get home!

FactsAreUseless posted:

This was real. It was supposed to be an absurdist joke about the idea that Hitler thought he was somehow saving Germany and the world from Jewish people, and it might have worked if anti-Semitism wasn't a real and persistent problem.

Thanks for confirming my weird memory.

edit: I still really liked Dr. McNinja, and this guest comic http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/16p5/

Seldom Posts has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jul 10, 2019

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Way back when QC was fairly new, just a couple years old, it got a bunch of attention for revealing that character's father had killed himself, and that's one of the reasons she had trouble forming relationships. In a better comic that had done more character work and earned it it would have been a good moment, and the fans liked it well enough and it was handled better than Loss or some poo poo. QC also regularly ran guest comics. That one was by the author of Dr. McNinja. Fans didn't appreciate it so much. It stayed up for a surprisingly long time.

It's actually still up on the website, and as far as I can tell it's never been removed. It was just hard to find because typing Hastings into archive didn't work and then putting "questionable content go back" "questionable content two of you" "questionable content time machine" and "questionable content singular good comic over 15 years" into Google turned up bupkis.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I read through Kill Six Billion Demons last time someone brought it up here. It's mostly really good (especially the world design, which is some amazing art and ideas)

But it also runs into the same problem pretty much any longrunning webcomic has, every page is so quick that I just feel like dropping it for a couple years after catching up, just so there's a reasonable amount of plot to digest.

TBF this page is clearly just ripping off that new-ish James Cameron movie.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The Moon Monster posted:

Titanic?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Moon Monster posted:

TBF this page is clearly just ripping off that new-ish James Cameron movie 1990 Japanese anime thing

Bingo!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Moon Monster posted:

There's plenty more interesting and creative stuff but my :effort: ran out while image searching.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Seldom Posts posted:

For the record, it was made by Rene Engström (Anders Loves Maria)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You cursed not only this thread but every computer system ever invented. Congratitutions.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

It's like the daffy duck fighting the animator cartoon, but terrible

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I saw that and immediately thought of you guys in this thread, I knew you'd love it

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Sanford posted:

It gets worse!

The third one is smaller than the second one, but bigger than the first.

Supposedly there's going to be some bigger hardback combining them or something, because they really screwed these up.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

500 good dogs posted:

I saw that and immediately thought of you guys in this thread, I knew you'd love it

More like 500 Bad Dogs

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

This is terrorism

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1149193215058358273

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

absolutely not

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Zelder posted:

ahahahahaha its still so good

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I think we can all agree that guest comics bring out the best in QC, and often the guest writer too.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Elfface posted:

I think we can all agree that guest comics bring out the best in QC, and often the guest writer too.

What does it say about a man if he regularly encourages better, more talented guest artists to poo poo all over his boring milquetoast comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Riatsala posted:

What does it say about a man if he regularly encourages better, more talented guest artists to poo poo all over his boring milquetoast comic?

What does it say about better, more talented guest artists if they are only able to produce a good comic as guest artists?