Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bush actually got in trouble for that. with trump itll be far worse but just another atrocity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Main Paineframe posted:

man, if people thought Bush mishandled the federal response to Katrina, Trump is gonna make people forget all about that

lol 1 in 3 louisianians thought that was obama

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

according to that gauge's list of historic high crests, that gauge posted above topped out at 15.24 ft on the day Katrina hit

also, the forecast has been updated. spoiler: it got worse

man, if people thought Bush mishandled the federal response to Katrina, Trump is gonna make people forget all about that

lol so 5 feet higher than katrina. nice

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol 1 in 3 louisianians thought that was obama

theyre going to blame obama again for not making the levees higher

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

(3) 21.00 ft on 04/25/1927
(4) 20.50 ft on 05/18/1927

almost as high as the great flood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGs2iLoDUYE

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

:rip: nola goons, i am sorry u never got to see the piss tape

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

twoday
May 4, 2005

OH GOD THE SERVERS

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Can't wait for new new Orleans to be built up from the reclaimed ocean

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
New Orleans was Atlantis all along.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

twoday posted:

OH GOD THE SERVERS

wait what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

OH GOD THE SERVERS

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Something Awful went temporarily offline in 2005 due to its servers, which were located in New Orleans, being shut down by Hurricane Katrina. Because of this, Something Awful users created a fund to donate, via the Red Cross, money to Hurricane Katrina survivors. Kyanka donated $3,000 of his own money to the fund, and promised free merchandize to anyone who donated over $10. In the half-day of the fund's operation, it raised $27,695 before Paypal shut it down due to suspicion of fraud. After learning that Paypal would only allow the money to be donated to United Way, which users of the site considered rife with corruption, the money was refunded to the donors.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Can't wait for new new Orleans to raise itself from the reclaimed ocean

In his house at N'ola, dead Doctorjohn waits dreaming

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

twoday posted:

Something Awful went temporarily offline in 2005 due to its servers, which were located in New Orleans, being shut down by Hurricane Katrina. Because of this, Something Awful users created a fund to donate, via the Red Cross, money to Hurricane Katrina survivors. Kyanka donated $3,000 of his own money to the fund, and promised free merchandize to anyone who donated over $10. In the half-day of the fund's operation, it raised $27,695 before Paypal shut it down due to suspicion of fraud. After learning that Paypal would only allow the money to be donated to United Way, which users of the site considered rife with corruption, the money was refunded to the donors.

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

werent the servers in like radiums house in nola or something

twoday
May 4, 2005

I vaguely remember a thread about struggling to keep them running, it was like reading someone posting from inside the titanic

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK I'm packing up. They're flipping the exit ramps to on ramps. Word is spreading because the Coast Guard had an alarming meeting and everyone immediately texted their loved ones. This is what I got:

quote:

Just got out from the call at work. Category I or II, making landfall Saturday, between Nola and Houston. The river is expected to spike at 20’ (including rain/storm surge), the levees are between 20-23’ high and we’re very worried that the river will over top the levees.

The governors office hasn’t talked about this because they’re afraid of “inciting panic”

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
reminder that you assume levee failure at overtopping, however you do not need to overtop a levee for it to fail

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

OK I'm packing up. They're flipping the exit ramps to on ramps. Word is spreading because the Coast Guard had an alarming meeting and everyone immediately texted their loved ones. This is what I got:

best of luck goon sire

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm starting a gofundme for the tropical depression to swing around and hit d.c. instead

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, the water level isn't going to magically just stop one foot below the height of the levees, then?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

100% if this is Katrina part 2, the GOP spin will be WELL WHY DIDN'T THEY MOVE AFTER THE FIRST ONE

Bonus Ben Shapiro chiming in to say "time to sell your house!"

how could Obama do this to us

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh gosh

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lake Borgne looks like balls

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Anyone have any good livestreams from Bourbon Street? I want to relive the Katrina experience, watching some lovely bar webcam showing the water rising. I'll then mistype the forum's address to pretend like the servers are down.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah most of family in nola is going to try to leave now

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Please be safe!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

*While pounding on ill-conceived levee with a bleached human femur* RIDE IT OUT, RIDe IT OUT.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what's the point in the recovery where chud militias ride in to hunt black people for sport

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah most of family in nola is going to try to leave now

I hope they aren't black

cause the cops will shoot them for trying to leave

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

remember how kris kyle bragged that he murdered women and children from the top of the superdome and hollywood hailed him as a hero

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PostNouveau posted:

mods maybe post this as an announcement or something I dunno :smith:

good luck goon, stay safe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zegermans posted:

I hope they aren't black

cause the cops will shoot them for trying to leave

white as hell. also the cops will mostly wait for the levees to fail for that

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

pancake rabbit posted:

:rip: nola goons, i am sorry u never got to see the piss tape

Nonsense, have them all just watch it real fast right now:

:nws: http://ru.pisstape.org/ :nws:

Cannot believe even goons do not know it has already been discovered, and only by goons

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bob Socko posted:

Anyone have any good livestreams from Bourbon Street? I want to relive the Katrina experience, watching some lovely bar webcam showing the water rising. I'll then mistype the forum's address to pretend like the servers are down.

earthcam is p good

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
goddam. I always wanted to see New Orleans. :sigh:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

goddam. I always wanted to see New Orleans. :sigh:

just get your scuba certification

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Giga Gaia posted:

just get your scuba certification

It'll all be toxic and oil filled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

american sniper got a best picture nomination rofl