Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Is there an HDMI switch that’ll take one input and let me toggle between two displays? All I’m finding are multiple inputs -> one output or mirroring splitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lazyhound posted:

Is there an HDMI switch that’ll take one input and let me toggle between two displays? All I’m finding are multiple inputs -> one output or mirroring splitters.

If you just need 1080p/60Hz or 4k/1440p/30Hz, you could try a bi-directional passthrough switch. Otherwise, there are multi-output switches that would work but are a little excessive.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Stickman posted:

I would avoid the 660p or Crucial P1 for a main system drive. They're based on QLC NAND which trades endurance and performance for lower cost, and performance drops to sub-SATA levels as they fill. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's as many good NVMe deals in the UK, but ADATA's new sx6000 Pro is pretty close (£108) and has better performance and endurance.

The Sabrent Rocket 1TB routinely gets a 14% voucher available on Amazon these days (taking it down to £101.47 at the minute) which is worth a look.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Stickman posted:

If you just need 1080p/60Hz or 4k/1440p/30Hz, you could try a bi-directional passthrough switch.

I think that's what I'm looking for, thanks. I basically just want to switch my desktop's output from my 16:10 monitor to my TV without swapping cables.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Dave Angel posted:

The Sabrent Rocket 1TB routinely gets a 14% voucher available on Amazon these days (taking it down to £101.47 at the minute) which is worth a look.

That's a good find! It sounds like it's a rebranded MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro, so it would probably slot in right around the sx6000 Pro.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Lazyhound posted:

I think that's what I'm looking for, thanks. I basically just want to switch my desktop's output from my 16:10 monitor to my TV without swapping cables.

Is there a reason you don't just connect cables to both your monitor and your TV, and then switch in Windows settings between displaying only on one, and displaying only on the other?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

orange juche posted:

For all you new Ryzen builders getting in on Team Red, there's an important thing you need to make sure is set when you've finished building your PC.

When you first boot up your PC after getting it all put together, ensure that your power settings in Windows are set to Balanced, not High Performance, or Ryzen Balanced (Ryzen Balanced is obsolete and will actually hurt performance and not allow the CPU to control its own voltage or current).

Note the pegged out EDC (Peak CPU current). This is bad during sustained periods, not healthy for VRMs or the tiny little pathways inside your CPU. Ryzen Balanced basically locks your CPU to 8 core turbo frequency at the maximum power capability of your VRM at all times regardless of utilization, because you sure as gently caress won't hit the thermal limit of the CPU or socket most likely. Windows' Balanced power setting allows the CPU to put unused cores to sleep and push 2-4 cores to an increased frequency limit for a millisecond, I've seen quad core burst frequencies of 4.4 GHz instead of 4.025GHz.

This is good advice.

Also, are there any particular BIOS settings worth tweaking for better performance or just leave most things to default?

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Dave Angel posted:

Awesome, thanks. I'll grab that.

The last component I need to decide on now is the GPU.

Does anyone know if there's a good index/roundup of 2070 Super reviews anywhere? I've been combing Reddit etc but there are a million reviews of the Nvidia FE models making it hard to find anything.

e: Looking at the price:performance of the 5700 XT, is it crazy to keep using my old GPU for the next month or so until custom 5700 XTs with better coolers are out? At the moment it looks like very nearly as much performance as the 2070 Super for £100 less, but with a hot and noisy reference/blower cooler.

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 10, 2019

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

Really good words

Edit: I'm dumb I'm so used to GTX, the RTX threw me and made me thing team red, thanks for doing the writeup

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 10, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MZ posted:

This is good advice.

Also, are there any particular BIOS settings worth tweaking for better performance or just leave most things to default?

Depending on your motherboard vendor there may be changes in the BIOS you can make that can basically increase the thermal and power envelope that the system will run in without throttling back, but I've not seen any actual real performance gain from enabling them. They're basically only good for showing off in benchmarks. Just make sure your RAM is running at its rated speed, and then set Precision Boost Overdrive and the Windows Balanced power profile if you're feeling frisky, and you've pretty much unlocked the full potential of the system.

It's fine to leave the boost behavior on default in Ryzen Master, because it very explicitly states that AMD won't warranty your stuff if you turn on PBO. I don't know how they can check, short of you physically destroying the CPU with voltage or something.

I've been running PBO since I built my 2700x PC when Zen+ launched , and haven't had any problems yet.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 10, 2019

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Instant Grat posted:

Is there a reason you don't just connect cables to both your monitor and your TV, and then switch in Windows settings between displaying only on one, and displaying only on the other?

Yes, macOS.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just want to throw this out there that the Corsair Vengeance 650M PSU I got from Amazon exhibited super annoying and loud coil whine when idle. I ordered a replacement, and it did the same thing. Not sure if Amazon got a bad batch or what. I ended up getting a SeaSonic S12III 650W PSU instead which is up and running without any issue. From what I read, the S12III uses a "dual Mag-Amp secondary side" instead of a "DC-DC secondary" — I have no idea what that means, but the dude on Reddit who mentioned this said the Mag-Amp circuit is fine, it's just not as efficient as DC-DC. Anything to worry about? The S12III has the same 5-year warranty the Corsair 650M has.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

For people with older AMD motherboards:
https://youtu.be/oRaZ2Txv13M
Midrange B350 runs R9 3900 stock and works with PB on R7 3700! Perf difference from x570 is within single digit percentage points. I didn't expect that kind of support to be honest. I imagine boards will last significantly less time on that loads, but noone specs hardware like that for 24/7 number crunching work.

alex314 fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 10, 2019

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The VRM temps aren't fine. Most VRMs in cheap boards are rated for ~12 months of use at ~120c. At the 140c they hit that motherboard is going to die sooner rather than later.

I agree with the sentiment, though. Any AM4 platform is fine provided you get a sufficient VRM+VRM cooling setup. With a 3600/3600x that board would have no problems, and with a 3700x it would do fine with anything that provides airflow over the VRMs. Whether that's from using an air cooler or just slapping a fan near there.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 10, 2019

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Stickman posted:

The B450-A Pro is roughly equivalent to a Tomahawk, so it will be fine with anything up to a 3900X. The VRM is the same, but cooling is ever so slightly worse.

Ryzen stock coolers will get you very close to the precision boost overdrive limit and there's really not much performance to be had going beyond that. That goes double for 3rd-gen Ryzen - just let the boost do it's thing and don't bother trying to manually overclock. The stock coolers are louder and hotter than aftermarket coolers, though, so a Mugen 5 is a fine choice if noise is important. (E: what OJ said - the 3600's stock cooler has less overhead than the 3600x's)

The RGB fan kit you linked comes with a controller box. You connect your fans to the box and connect the box to an internal USB 2.0 header, and then the RGB and fan speed are controlled through Thermaltake's software.

PWM fans just mean that they're controllable with a pulse signal instead of by directly varying the voltage. That generally increases the precision of control and makes them controllable at lower RPM than DC-controlled 3-pin fans. Setting up fan curves is usually pretty easy in bios, but the default fan curve is usually pretty good.

Thanks, missed this edit yesterday. I'll see if I can find out if the others are coming in stock soon otherwise that might do.

I'm also now curious to know more about the onboard sound in mobos. I always figured they were about the same but I heard even the Tomahawk is worse than the Carbon. I imagine the A Pro is the same as the Tomahawk. I have Audioengine A2+ and Senn HD599 so it would be nice if they sounded good.

I also didn't realize mATX is as popular. I don't see reviews as often. Are they used with overclockers?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do any of you have x570 board up and running yet?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Is there anywhere to go for benchmarks below ultra settings, especially at 1440p?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Time to let go of my trusty 2500k/GTX970 setup. Go play on a farm upstate, little buddies.

I would like to make sure that I haven't set myself up to run into some glaring incompatibilities or dumb choices, so here we go (don't mind the inflated price for the 3900x from PC Partpicker, no idea why they can't find any of the many units at MSRP):

Gaming at 3440x1440@100Hz max on a G-sync monitor and willing to drop a setting or two to stay in the 60-100fps range.

I am going to throw in some single PC streaming as well (1920x1080@30/60, at lower resolutions if required, will have to find the sweet spots depending on a per game basis), some video editing and hobbyist dabbling with Blender as well.

I am thinking RAM's so cheap I might as well go 32GB. Could I expect to mildly overclock the Ripjaws or are they on the lower end? I don't feel like spending EUR 200 more for 3600 speeds. Even at stock, that should be totally fine, right?

I am aware that the mainboard needs a BIOS update. The etailer offers updates for around EUR 30,00. I argued with myself to put those EUR 30,00 towards a X570 board, but the chipset fan makes me irrationally angry.
Some manufacturers are planning to add temperature control to their chipset cooling solutions, but still...

GPU is a placeholder for the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC (EUR 529,00), as that one is currently not available in PCPP for me.

Will be using my current Fractal Design R5 Define and SSDs/HDDs as mass storage in addition to the M.2.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (€1319.70 @ Amazon Deutschland, don't mind the price, see above)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (€139.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€149.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€217.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€504.99 @ Alternate)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€108.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €2439.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-10 16:50 CEST+0200

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 10, 2019

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

mcbexx posted:

Time to let go of my trusty 2500k/GTX970 setup. Go play on a farm upstate, little buddies.

I would like to make sure that I haven't set myself up to run into some glaring incompatibilities or dumb choices, so here we go (don't mind the inflated price for the 3900x from PC Partpicker, no idea why they can't find any of the many units at MSRP):

Gaming at 3440x1440@100Hz max on a G-sync monitor and willing to drop a setting or two to stay in the 60-100fps range.

I am going to throw in some single PC streaming as well (1920x1080@30/60, at lower resolutions if required, will have to find the sweet spots depending on a per game basis), some video editing and hobbyist dabbling with Blender as well.

I am thinking RAM's so cheap I might as well go 32GB. Could I expect to mildly overclock the Ripjaws or are they on the lower end? I don't feel like spending EUR 200 more for 3600 speeds. Even at stock, that should be totally fine, right?

I am aware that the mainboard needs a BIOS update. The etailer offers updates for around EUR 30,00. I argued with myself to put those EUR 30,00 towards a X570 board, but the chipset fan makes me irrationally angry.
Some manufacturers are planning to add temperature control to their chipset cooling solutions, but still...

GPU is a placeholder for the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC (EUR 529,00), as that one is currently not available in PCPP for me.

Will be using my current Fractal Design R5 Define and SSDs/HDDs as mass storage in addition to the M.2.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (€1319.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (€139.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€149.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€217.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€504.99 @ Alternate)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€108.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Something is wrong here, the 3900X shouldn't be costing €1319 :psyduck:.....

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

MZ posted:

Something is wrong here, the 3900X shouldn't be costing €1319 :psyduck:.....

Bolded it for you ;)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

quote:

I want to be really clear with you that you are not going to hit 60fps on most new games. You can probably get yourself in the 60-100fps range on games that are designed to run fast over be pretty (PUBG, Apex Legends, War Thunder etc). At lower res you will be absolutely fine but no amount of money you can throw at a system today will reliably get you 60fps.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
For streaming and high quality gaming I would: X470, 3900x, 16GB of DDR4-3600 (CL16 or less), and a 2080 SUPER (7/23 release) if you have the funds... but maybe I'm crazy.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Only 16gb RAM?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VelociBacon posted:

Only 16gb RAM?

Yes? It's still plenty for gaming and streaming these days imo. If you are gaming/streaming on the same system it's the processor that you want to be great for encoding/trasmitting (as well as a great ISP). I haven't had any issues hitting a cap RAM wise, ever, with 16GB. Maybe more dedicated high quality gamers and streamers can chime in though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yes? It's still plenty for gaming and streaming these days imo. If you are gaming/streaming on the same system it's the processor that you want to be great for encoding/trasmitting (as well as a great ISP). I haven't had any issues hitting a cap RAM wise, ever, with 16GB. Maybe more dedicated high quality gamers and streamers can chime in though.

I only bring it up because I feel like if you're streaming you're also likely recording + editing clips and highlights etc and I'd think you'd want the 32gb of RAM just for that. I could be way off.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone know anything about these Arctic case fans? https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00119A-P12-Black-Pressure-optimised/dp/B07GB5JRTZ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
The previous iteration of these seem to be on a lot of Best Case Fans 2019 lists when I'm doing google research. I don't want lights on my fans and these seem decent for the price point.

Edit: dang I might just buy the 5 pack even though I probably won't use all 5 fans https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00119A-P12-Black-Pressure-optimised/dp/B07HC782D5/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 10, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zotix posted:

Do any of you have x570 board up and running yet?

Yeah I do.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Alchenar posted:

I want to be really clear with you that you are not going to hit 60fps on most new games. You can probably get yourself in the 60-100fps range on games that are designed to run fast over be pretty (PUBG, Apex Legends, War Thunder etc). At lower res you will be absolutely fine but no amount of money you can throw at a system today will reliably get you 60fps.

Apex Legends doesn't seem to be very optimized at the moment. I run around 120-162 fps @ 1440p (2080ti, 7700k@5ghz). I may be a bit cpu constrained at the moment so ymmv. I'm figuring 3900x should get me up to 162 1440p flat, at least I'm hoping.

Just throwing that out there for that game specifically.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Is there any way to have a windows .iso with the latest updates preapplied? (legally of course, I already have a license). I'll be building a new system soon and it would be nice to save some time updating.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Thanks, missed this edit yesterday. I'll see if I can find out if the others are coming in stock soon otherwise that might do.

I'm also now curious to know more about the onboard sound in mobos. I always figured they were about the same but I heard even the Tomahawk is worse than the Carbon. I imagine the A Pro is the same as the Tomahawk. I have Audioengine A2+ and Senn HD599 so it would be nice if they sounded good.

I also didn't realize mATX is as popular. I don't see reviews as often. Are they used with overclockers?

Your Audioengine A2+ has a built-in DAC (digital-audio converter), so if you plug it in to a USB port it will bypass the onboard audio entirely. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a headphone jack, so you'll still be using the onboard audio for your headphones.

Onboard audio on cheaper boards (like the Pro-A and Tomahawk) usually use the Realtek ALC892 codec, while top end boards use the higher-quality ALC1220 codec. Board amps will also vary, but that information is very hard to find. The basic rule of thumb is that if your headphones aren't loud enough you'll want an external amplifier and if you're noticing distortion or static you'll also want an external DAC. I think there's a DAC/amp thread around somewhere, but the Schiit Modi 2 (DAC) and Schiit Magni 2 (amp) seem to be highly recommended. Unfortunately the Magni 2 seems to be out of stock everywhere and the Magni 3 is quite a bit more expensive than the 2's firesale price.

mATX has kind of been the odd duck out - most motherboard manufacturers haven't bothered making high-quality mATX boards for the last few generations. The B450 offerings top at at about the feature set of the Tomahawk (in the MSi Mortar), and those boards have been discontinued. Apparently ASRock has releasing a high-quality X570 board, though!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Which board are you using?

Also, are there any pc toolkits that any of you recommend? I know they aren't needed, but I'd like to have an all I one kit for the future.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Alchenar posted:

1440p isn't 4k and the 2070 Super is only slightly less powerful than a 2080/1080 Ti. If you look at Babeltech's benchmarks, there's really only a few games that dip below 60 on ultra settings, and those are mostly still in the 50-60 range. The 2070 Super is definitely the new go-to 1440p board - the 2080 and 2080 super are such marginal gains that they're really not going to be worth the extra $100-250 for most people.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 10, 2019

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
What's the max voltage suggested for pumping into ddr4 to work out my max OC... I trust goons more than the internet as a whole.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Stickman posted:

1440p isn't 4k and the 2070 Super is only slightly less powerful than a 2080/1080 Ti. If you look at Babeltech's benchmarks, there's really only a few games that dip below 60 on ultra settings, and those are mostly still in the 50-60 range. The 2070 Super is definitely the new go-to 1440p board - the 2080 and 2080 super are such marginal gains that they're really not going to be worth the extra $100-250 for most people.

Yeah but the post that was replying to was talking ultrawide which is many more pixels than regular 1440p. It’s gonna work and be playable but I’d expect closer to 45-60 rather than 60-10 on maxed settings. There are 1.2 million more pixels to drive in ultrawide than than regular 1440p. The extra resolution you’re throwing on top of regular 1440p from that benchmark is 880x1440.

Edit: corrected some numbers but point still stands.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 10, 2019

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

pigz posted:

Apex Legends doesn't seem to be very optimized at the moment. I run around 120-162 fps @ 1440p (2080ti, 7700k@5ghz). I may be a bit cpu constrained at the moment so ymmv. I'm figuring 3900x should get me up to 162 1440p flat, at least I'm hoping.

Just throwing that out there for that game specifically.

With a 2080ti and 9900k@5ghz also 1440p I get around 130-180fps, fyi with everything maxed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What's the max voltage suggested for pumping into ddr4 to work out my max OC... I trust goons more than the internet as a whole.

Depends heavily on the ICs on the sticks, but I would advise going to youtube and watching Buildzoid's video on DDR4 overclocking.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

mcbexx posted:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (€1319.70 @ Amazon Deutschland, don't mind the price, see above)

Some recommendations:

CPU: The 3900X isn't likely to give you better gaming+streaming performance than a 3700X currently, and that probably won't change for many years. You'll get a bit better rending times in Blender, but I'd think about whether it's worth the premium now vs just upgrading later.

Motherboard: The Ultra Gaming is pretty marginal for a 3900x, unfortunately - it's VRMs are worse than an MSi B450 Tomahawk or Pro-A. It also doesn't have CPU-less bios flashing, so you'd need to be sure your getting a pre-flashed board. The MSi X570 version of the Pro-A (or MSi X570 Gaming Plus) have slightly better feature sets than the X470 Aorus Ultra and much better VRM, but I'm not sure how much they're selling for in Germany (or if they're even available). Otherwise I'd go for the MSi B450 Pro Carbon AC. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the absolutely massive number of back USB ports.

Storage: The ADATA sx8200 Pro slightly outperforms the 970 EVO Plus for €70 less.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Yeah but the post that was replying to was talking ultrawide which is many more pixels than regular 1440p. It’s gonna work and be playable but I’d expect closer to 45-60 rather than 60-10 on maxed settings. There are 1.2 million more pixels to drive in ultrawide than than regular 1440p. The extra resolution you’re throwing on top of regular 1440p from that benchmark is 880x1440.

Edit: corrected some numbers but point still stands.

Ah, you're right - missed that. UW is ~35% more pixels, so you'd expect 20-25% less fps than 1440p. You'll still hit 60+ on ultra/high settings in pretty much everything but the newest AAA games (Ubisoft, especially), where you might want to turn down a setting or two. Incidentally, that increase in pixels is right around the power increase of a 2080 Ti over a 2080, so I'd expect a 2080 Ti to run 1440p UW at pretty close to the same performance as a 2070 Super/2080 on 1440p.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lobstertainment posted:

Is there any way to have a windows .iso with the latest updates preapplied? (legally of course, I already have a license). I'll be building a new system soon and it would be nice to save some time updating.

I'm pretty sure the Windows 10 installation media creation tool makes installers/isos with the updates pre-applied, but I'm not 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone know anything about these Arctic case fans? https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00119A-P12-Black-Pressure-optimised/dp/B07GB5JRTZ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
The previous iteration of these seem to be on a lot of Best Case Fans 2019 lists when I'm doing google research. I don't want lights on my fans and these seem decent for the price point.

Edit: dang I might just buy the 5 pack even though I probably won't use all 5 fans https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00119A-P12-Black-Pressure-optimised/dp/B07HC782D5/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1

I've never seen those before, but going by reviews they look decent enough for the price. If you get some to use as case fans, you'll want to get the F12 (optimized for airflow) rather than P12 (optimized for pressure, i.e. radiators/heatsinks).

E: For most cases, you'll hit diminishing returns (or even reduced cooling) if you go past 2 intakes and an exhaust. It depends on the case and what you're cooling, though!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 10, 2019