Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Evolve Eevee from the buddy window, just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Do 7 km eggs ever hatch anything other than babies (outside of the regional events)

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
They hatch Alolans: Sandshrew, Geodude, Meowth, Grimer, and Diglett, which can all be shiny now.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
To make things easier, the evolve button on your eevee will change from a question mark to a picture/silhouette of an Espeon or Umbreon depending on if it’s night or day.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
And also make sure you're somewhere where the GPS signal won't randomly drop out, because if the game loses GPS while you're evolving you'll end up with a Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon because reasons.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks, everyone! I've already earned the 2 Candy, so I just need to evolve. And I'm guessing it'll work the same way for the Evolve Eevee Into Umbreon At Night quest, so that'll help.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i know the monster is determined when you get the egg but is shininess as well ??

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have so many dang Groudon. Missed the Kyogre week entirely cuz my phone shat the bed. Separate issue. Point is bring on Armored Mewtwo! I'm ready for something different!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I have two (2) Dittos. are these worth any sort of gently caress or can I just render them into candy

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

indigi posted:

I have two (2) Dittos. are these worth any sort of gently caress or can I just render them into candy

You can use them in raids to determine the moveset of the raid boss; whether that's remotely worth it compared to "throwing in a random pokemon and reading the charged move off the screen" is left as an exercise to the reader

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Basically no, Ditto doesn't have a use besides being a gimmick. They copy everything of its opponent except its stamina, which for Ditto is 134 and that's comparable to an unevolved Nidoran (130) meaning it's beat up very easily. You can maybe scare off kids or newbies as a gym defender but that's about it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is the Jump-Start Research quest limited time or is it here to stay? I wanna use a Lucky Egg on step 5 but I won’t be able to see anyone for the trades till the weekend.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Is the Jump-Start Research quest limited time or is it here to stay? I wanna use a Lucky Egg on step 5 but I won’t be able to see anyone for the trades till the weekend.

Apparently it goes away on Sept 2nd.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

DizzyBum posted:

Apparently it goes away on Sept 2nd.

It only goes away if you don't start it. As long as you've started it, even so far as to just see what the first tasks are, you'll be fine.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Caught my first Armored Mewtwo and it is 10-10-10. I feel like I won a lottery I shouldn't have been playing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Loser_Rex posted:

It only goes away if you don't start it. As long as you've started it, even so far as to just see what the first tasks are, you'll be fine.

Are you sure about this? I'm currently on step 5 and won't be able to trade until mid September and was considering making an alt just to trade with

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are you sure about this? I'm currently on step 5 and won't be able to trade until mid September and was considering making an alt just to trade with

You're good.

Didn't have much luck finding a raid group, and the ones on the discord sounded like they had a bad time trying to get enough people, but I did get the last Groudon that spawned and did a few smaller raids, so it was a nice couple of hours in the sun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

does anyone have any images of mewtwo before the fight where he's all bound up in the armor

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got my armorboi

To bad about the base stats, but looks cool

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I had a day off and in the end made just under 1.5 million XP today thanks to an ultra friend, finishing a ton of research tasks, and grinding level 5 raids/catching Pokémon with the extra long lucky eggs on. The extra catch XP really adds up if you’re somewhere you can catch continually + are using the quick catch trick. Definitely feels like this is going to be my best day XP-wise for a really long time.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

oddium posted:

does anyone have any images of mewtwo before the fight where he's all bound up in the armor

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how long will the extra XP last?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

indigi posted:

how long will the extra XP last?

https://p337.info/pokemongo/ for all your timer-related needs, but it's got about 5.5 days left on it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

BDSMtwo

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I'm basing it off former time related special research (Spiritomb) that my sister has not come close to finishing and still has banked.

Potentially could be different this time but I doubt it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just looking for a "beat 5 raids" pokestop.

Must I travel the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to find one???

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Man that's the fastest I've gone from "okay cool" to "eh" on a raid cycle so far, a new record

at least Cress had a shiny version

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just looking for a "beat 5 raids" pokestop.

Must I travel the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to find one???

Some of these things are just incredibly rare. I've still never seen the "catch a dragon-type" research and I've been rummaging for a "hatch 3 eggs" for months, too.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Wait are specific pokestops locked into giving specific research quests?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Wait are specific pokestops locked into giving specific research quests?

Per 24 hour period, excepting when quests change in the middle of a day because of an event startin/ending

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Caught a shiny Machop! Great because I missed it when they spawned high.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
I ended up friending way too many people to regularly gift to. Are most people okay with me opening gifts even if I don't send one in return most of the time? I feel like that's okay since exp is the main point, but I do end up feeling kinda selfish. What's the consensus on that?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Sezza posted:

I ended up friending way too many people to regularly gift to. Are most people okay with me opening gifts even if I don't send one in return most of the time? I feel like that's okay since exp is the main point, but I do end up feeling kinda selfish. What's the consensus on that?

The daily send cap is higher than the daily open cap, and urban players will frequently spam-send gifts far more frequently than they open them. If you reliably open gifts there’ll be people who live on pokestops begging you to friend them.

e: I’ve got 70 friends and frequently I’ll not be able to send out a full load of 10 gifts at a time

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Foreverial tied-up and delitized mewtwo with baloney hame and cheese tongue

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

uh what?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Grassy Knowles posted:

hell, same

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how you post on this forum and ain't ever seen this

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 11, 2019

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
:psyduck: :psypop:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

The Sezza posted:

Opening gifts only is great for me. The open limit actually makes people who don’t send gifts very helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Got a %98 IV armored Mewtwo last night. It might be a mostly useless trophy, but it's mine.