Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Why the gently caress isn’t this called the LiteSwitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Lite did exactly what I hoped it would: make me not regret my original Switch purchase.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Extremely ready for GameCube Virtual Console in 2026

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Louisgod posted:

The Lite did exactly what I hoped it would: make me not regret my original Switch purchase.

:same:

I only bought mine 3 or 4 months ago too

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well I finished RE4, that ruled.

“Hey Leon, you wanna log some overtime back at my place?”
“No thanks.”
-credits-

Also I made it to the last guy with my rocket launcher, 10 magnum rounds and 5 grenades. It was pretty over when I walked in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ragequit posted:

I have FFT on my phone and I Do Not Want To Play It On There

on the flip side FFT was excellent on an iPad.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Rolo posted:

Well I finished RE4, that ruled.

“Hey Leon, you wanna log some overtime back at my place?”
“No thanks.”
-credits-

Also I made it to the last guy with my rocket launcher, 10 magnum rounds and 5 grenades. It was pretty over when I walked in.

He then proceeds to hit on his boss and gets shut down

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's too bad they didn't opt for putting the SD card behind a cover that requires removing a single Phillips screw to open again.

Ya know I missed this drama but I've seen it as the thread title for what feels like years. Did goons really struggle that much?

Watch them not include a charger because they know the target audience already has a Switch and will buy a Switch Lite because sure why not take my money Bowser

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Just a quick question to you nerds. I've seen the Bitdo suggested, but I can't remember the model. I'm assuming it's the SN30, correct?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LethalGeek posted:

I have to admit I didn't think they'd make a straight up hand held only version of this thing and have some game incompatibility.

there is no incompatibility except Labo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

d3lness posted:

Just a quick question to you nerds. I've seen the Bitdo suggested, but I can't remember the model. I'm assuming it's the SN30, correct?

Yes, that’s the good one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Switch Lite is incompatible with goons.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

less laughter posted:

there is no incompatibility except Labo

Except things that require joycons detached. Just because you can get around that by buying more stuff doesn't mean it isn't incompatible out of the box.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes, that’s the good one.

Thank you! :)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is the screen still plastic?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rolo posted:

Is the screen still plastic?

Almost certainly. This is going to be at least as kid-safe as the original. That means shatterproof plastic which is tough to break but unfortunately easy to scratch.

(so get a glass screen protector if you don't like scratches, folks)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

Ya know I missed this drama but I've seen it as the thread title for what feels like years. Did goons really struggle that much?
If anyone actually complained about the SD slot location on the 3DS they were probably a dirty pirate because it's supposed to be something you pop in once and then forget about, not something you're constantly needing to access.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

American McGay posted:

If anyone actually complained about the SD slot location on the 3DS they were probably a dirty pirate because it's supposed to be something you pop in once and then forget about, not something you're constantly needing to access.

Nah, the pirates installed a FTP app on the 3DS to sideload content.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

d3lness posted:

Yes, SN30 or SN30 Pro. Non-Pro is basically a bluetooth SNES controller, Pro has added thumbsticks and bumpers to give it a full modern controller layout. Only downsides versus the Switch Pro controller are poorer rumble, no NFC reader, and it can't wake the Switch from sleep mode. Upside is the d-pad is better.

(The SF30/Pro, if it's still available, is the same thing but with Super Famicom-colored buttons.)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We're missing the most important discussion about the Switch Lite:

Does it fit pants pockets?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Whoever was highly estimating the knowledge of the general public regarding video games - other than the aforementioned Wii U debacle, I had a friend at university I had to painstakingly explain console upgrades to. Like, that the PS1 can't play PS2 games, 2 can't play PS3 games, etc.

I'd think sequential numbering to be as straightforward as it gets but she just wasn't understanding it. Eventually she got there when I compared it to DVD players playing CDs but not vice versa, or DVD players not playing Blu-ray.

I'd not call her stupid, it's just a blind spot. I had a moment of realising how much dumb gaming knowledge I have that I just assume people know.

Generally always assume the worst; if any small part of anything could possibly be misunderstood, assume at least one person has done so. Idiotproof your poo poo.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

We're missing the most important discussion about the Switch Lite:

Does it fit pants pockets?

My switch fits in my sweatpants pocket :cool:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I once was stuck in a return like for 10 minutes behind someone trying to return Minecraft for the 3ds because their kid didn't have a New 3DS

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't have any real use for a Lite but I am happy that there is a market for it.

Weirdly enough, I don't ever take mine out of the house. I can't use it at work and my commute entails a packed train. Only thing I can do is listen to stuff and maybe look at my phone sometimes.

I'm already salivating for a Pro Switch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

hatty posted:

Can't wait for gamecube games to be Switch Pro exclusive

i wouldnt worry, sounds like the "switch pro" is just silent upgrading of normal switch parts, nothing major. also lol if you think we're playing GC games this gen without a gamecube/wii/dophin/thatweirdnvidiathing.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
"Pro" and incremental console upgrades can die in a fire.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Add a Gamecube Virtual Console except remaster each game and charge $60 each.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Here's a fun question. Would you pay $20/year for SNES games if it turns out to be a completely separate thing from Nintendo Online?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

Here's a fun question. Would you pay $20/year for SNES games if it turns out to be a completely separate thing from Nintendo Online?
No. Also that's not a fun question.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's a fun question for me.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Mega64 posted:

If it were access to every SNES game, sure

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not a Children posted:

If it were access to every SNES game, sure

Yeah I'd be fine with that.
Pocky and Rocky time!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would prefer to purchase the games I would want to play rather than paying for a subscription for the theoretical benefit of other I will never play

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d pay an upwards of $5 more per year for SNES and GBA games

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’d pay that for advance wars alone.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I’d pay a lot of money for some sort of all access pass to the vintage Nintendo library, I’ve been wanting something like that forever. The NES stuff you get with Switch Online is nice, but man it would be neat for them to really take that idea farther.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I want some goddamn Gamecube and N64 to be offered on Nintendo Online.

Maybe I will mod my WiiU, its currently just collecting dust anyways.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

The regular Switch feels comfortable as hell to me in handheld. A huge step up from my N3DS XL which cramps my hands up if I play more than an hour at a time.

Too big too heavy cant take a hand off to drink a beer and go through some dialog boxes without it feeling awkward

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kris xK posted:

I want some goddamn Gamecube and N64 to be offered on Nintendo Online.

Maybe I will mod my WiiU, its currently just collecting dust anyways.

I keep saying I will and I've got an SD card all ready to go I just can't be added to finish it.

Unless you don't have to buy Brain Age to do it now

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mega64 posted:

I can't believe Mother 3 will be exclusive to the Switch Lite.

Not true, I have it on my GBA. Regrettably I’ve never learned Japanese.

Anyway, the Switch pro is just gonna be a 42 inch TV. It comes with a sofa with Mario’s face on it called the joycouch. You heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Gonna suck next year when the PS5 is out and the switch is like 10 years behind.

why

it's still gonna have better games