Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The PS5 will have no gaems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kris xK posted:

I want some goddamn Gamecube and N64 to be offered on Nintendo Online.

Maybe I will mod my WiiU, its currently just collecting dust anyways.

Every system generation will always start over at offering NES games, slowly build to offering SNES games, then never reach N64 games before the next console comes out and starting over at NES games again

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

The PS5 will have no gaems

For the first year or so, I suspect the majority of games will be PS4 and PS5 with the only difference being graphical since the system is supposedly going to be fully backwards compatible.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Every system generation will always start over at offering NES games, slowly build to offering SNES games, then never reach N64 games before the next console comes out and starting over at NES games again

You are the uncle that works at Nintendo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PS5 will have no games until Bloodborne 2 like its predecessor

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I managed to crack the protector on my Switch's screen. The screen itself is fine, but there's a little crater in the bottom right now and it's bothering me. These protectors are supposed to be removable, right? How hard is that, if I ever want to replace it?

Goddammit, now I'm really loving mad. Today has been awful and now this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ps5 will have the whole ps4 library so i will be playing all five uncharteds again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

ps5 will have the whole ps4 library so i will be playing all five uncharteds again

But there are 6 uncharteds???

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Barudak posted:

But there are 6 uncharteds???

Golden Abyss wasn't on the PS4 library

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Barudak posted:

You are the uncle that works at Nintendo

Nintendo literally hired a man named Bowser and he is also my uncle.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Your Computer posted:

why

it's still gonna have better games
dis

Like I'm aware that there are good games on PS4 that I need to play but I keep playing my Switch instead and now they're starting to bring the games I wanted to play on PS4 to Switch and I don't care about graphics or frame rates because Portable so I'll probably end up playing those on Switch too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bigass Moth posted:

Nintendo literally hired an EA executive to replace Reggie.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know it is the Switch thread... but I got to a level in Dr Mario World that might as well be considered unbeatable unless you buy more diamonds to extend the timer. And you only have 5 chances to learn the level before they want you to buy more lives.

gently caress that poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

I know it is the Switch thread... but I got to a level in Dr Mario World that might as well be considered unbeatable unless you buy more diamonds to extend the timer. And you only have 5 chances to learn the level before they want you to buy more lives.

What level? I'm at 115 and haven't run into any "impossible" levels yet.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Pollyanna posted:

I managed to crack the protector on my Switch's screen. The screen itself is fine, but there's a little crater in the bottom right now and it's bothering me. These protectors are supposed to be removable, right? How hard is that, if I ever want to replace it?

Goddammit, now I'm really loving mad. Today has been awful and now this.

Usually they're easy to remove yeah. Which brand did you get?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Has this been posted here? https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...GWj3FFRJVUoB8w4

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
Ok, I'm probably looking too hard into this but for a couple seconds in the trailer it shows a pro controller with what looks like the player LEDs on the front like with the Dualshock 3.

Crazy conspiracy theory but maybe nintendo is finally adding a headphone jack to the pro controller? Or it could just be a reflection and I'm overthinking this whole thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's the charging indicator light. No idea why it would be activated in this shot but it's not really out of the ordinary.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Louisgod posted:

The Lite did exactly what I hoped it would: make me not regret my original Switch purchase.
Also, this. I'm fine with my Switch as is so I don't need a Lite but my refusal to buy a whole new 3DS just to play Xenoblade sucked because I did want to play it. So I really don't want to go through that again with a Switch Pro. The Switch is fine as-is. :colbert:

Unless they release it soon with a solid amount of exclusives/improvements to old games in which case gently caress it,

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

That's the charging indicator light. No idea why it would be activated in this shot but it's not really out of the ordinary.

The charging light is on the opposite side of the USB-C port, actually. It's likely a studio light.
I replayed that section way too many times :spergin:. it'd help if the video was 4k60 but you work with what you got.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

Which one? I’m in the 50s without spending a cent and it’s felt fair so far. It feels much better designed than most puzzle mobile games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'd buy a Pro right now if the battery life was 50% better.

Not sure it really NEEDS a faster chip

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I'd buy a Pro right now if the battery life was 50% better.

For a second I thought you meant the controller, which already has a ridiculously good battery life.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

One of the most common complaints about a lot of switch ports is about performance issues. If the new cpu actually made some noticeable improvements on that end, it would be interesting to see. I don't think most people are going to go out and find a new model switch considering that there will most likely be no way to tell from the outside what has the newer chip.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

One of the most common complaints about a lot of switch ports is about performance issues. If the new cpu actually made some noticeable improvements on that end, it would be interesting to see. I don't think most people are going to go out and find a new model switch considering that there will most likely be no way to tell from the outside what has the newer chip.

Like imagine if you didn't have to do so many loading screens in Monster Hunter GU, or if you could have all modes in FIFA. Small poo poo like that isn't small, it's huge.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

If there were a noticeable performance improvement, I think there'd be a new SKU. The new chipset is probably about standardizing on whatever the Switch Lite uses, to lower costs. Battery life might improve if the new chipset is why the Switch Lite's battery is better.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
The original switch is an interesting gadget that feels slightly underwhelming; the internals are old and it struggles to run even launch games consistently well. The joycons are an excellent idea that are not necessarily executed particularly well. It's been two and a half years now, I am hoping some of the slightly underwhelming aspects might be addressed in a hardware revision (slightly faster processor perhaps, more internal storage, more secure joycon rails, improved joycon Bluetooth, smaller bezel etc) sooner rather than later - preferably this new lite doesn't push back a standard switch revision too much.

I'm happy all those people who play handheld are getting a cheaper, seemingly more robust device but I personally feel that this is a switch which removes all the interesting hardware bits, leaving you with a two hundred dollar shell that plays switch games.

I'm also one of those weirdos who thinks labo is extremely cool and I hopefully the switch lite doesn't do so fantastically well as to make Nintendo reconsider hardware innovation. I bet the profit margins on this thing are much higher than the normal switch too.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I hope they go big and make the next switch bigboy a portable tv

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Switch XXXL is a 60" Curved LEDTV with half of the Xbox Duke on each side.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Is the Switch at a dead end as far as a PS4 Pro type upgrade? A die shrink is not going to give it much more power and it seems like the Tegra doesn't have a successor in videogames. There are chips like the Tegra X2 but they're made for cars, not gaming.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The Switch Final Form is just a private movie theater constantly streaming Let's Plays. Instead of an IR sensor, you can just buy a real hot dog at concessions and play along for 1-2-Switch.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

There are chips like the Tegra X2 but they're made for cars, not gaming.

It's used in car entertainment systems, I bet it could be applied to a game console. And if Nintendo needed a more powerful chipset for a Switch successor, I'm sure Nvidia would be happy to build it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dude I can drive

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Is the Switch at a dead end as far as a PS4 Pro type upgrade? A die shrink is not going to give it much more power and it seems like the Tegra doesn't have a successor in videogames. There are chips like the Tegra X2 but they're made for cars, not gaming.
There's no such thing as a dead end. Just because there's no a publicly facing successor to the Tegra X1 doesn't mean they aren't or can't develop something for the upgraded Switch.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Which one? I’m in the 50s without spending a cent and it’s felt fair so far. It feels much better designed than most puzzle mobile games.

Challenge 1B probably

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rolo posted:

Is the screen still plastic?

But is it matte or glossy?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Depends how long it's in the oven

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What if you take off a screen protector?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's a part of the reveal video where's they're going over all the ways it's been optimized for portable play and a big shiny sun pops up on screen and I thought for sure they were gonna mention a matte or anti-glare screen but then they didn't actually mention anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Things I'd want for a pro model: 1) an OLED screen, 2) HDR support, and 3) build quality upgrades. #2 would require a hardware upgrade so it is less likely. If it was just #1 and slightly more robust hardware on the structural weak points of the console, that would probably be worth the upgrade price.

Sadly I doubt a nice quality 6.2" OLED screen is really viable at the price point they would be shooting for.