Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

Raita is a good artist who has a kink for impossible boob so the next person who tries to look cool and complain about big anime baps in this anime game is now obligated to buy me a quartz pack

Most of his girls look like skeletons with bananas shoved into their shirt. Its fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Most of his girls look like skeletons with bananas shoved into their shirt. Its fail.

This sounds like a direct attack on good girl Shuten.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

book posted:

I’m looking to get into this since I miss the feeling of gacha loving me over among other reasons. Should I wait for a certain event to join or does it not matter?

I think we have a start dash campaign for new players going on now on top of the other things people mentioned, so now is a very good time to join.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoga posted:

This sounds like a direct attack on good girl Shuten.

No shuten looks fine

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So does Raikou. It's his non-FGO art that looks atrocious

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So does Raikou. It's his other art that looks atrocious
Whew, it seems we may achieve peace after all, Ibram...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:hai:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
TIL (Today, I leveled) Bunyan, Waver, Tamamo, Scheherazade, and Da Vinci.

Almost done.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The 1/2 AP campaign at the least let me level up Penth, Scathach and Bunyan so I will call it successful. Penny is performing so well I kinda wanna Grail her.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

book posted:

I’m looking to get into this since I miss the feeling of gacha loving me over among other reasons. Should I wait for a certain event to join or does it not matter?

There’s also a GSSR happening now, among a ton of other anniversary free stuff they’re giving out.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Munched like 10 gold apples so far, down to <20 servants to ascend. I really just want to get everyone to full ascension, then I'm good. loving 10 of those are Lancers though, holy gently caress why.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God bless lightning Prometheus

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd bless him if he showed up in my gssr. storylock ssrs with no event banners ftl

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm finishing LB4 to get more SQ to not get Maou Nobu, and Lakshmibai's second outfit owns a lot.

It's because of her cool hat.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
My last ditch attempts at Bride Umu got me two of her, when I was praying for one. :toot:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tfw u accidentally swtich to your event support list multiple days early

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

book posted:

It's best to start right now, for reasons stated above. If you need help in the game, the second post has a bunch of resources to look at, though a lot of it is out of date. Also, feel free to ask the thread anything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The big tip is that all Servants are good. Unlike other Gacha games, your 1, 2 and 3 Stars Servants are useful.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Well... most servants, anyways. There are definitely some of them that are basically just a liability compared to bringing basically any other option, but especially early on you'll probably just be using whatever you've got and leaning heavily on yout Support to do most of the work for you.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

AbusePuppy posted:

Well... most servants, anyways. There are definitely some of them that are basically just a liability compared to bringing basically any other option, but especially early on you'll probably just be using whatever you've got and leaning heavily on yout Support to do most of the work for you.

For every Shakespeare, a Hans. For every Mephistophiles a Cu Chulainn. For every Balckbeard a Blackbeard.

EDIT: with Bunyan, Nito and a Mordred with a Kscope, got my first 3 round farming session. You are Not Parsley.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 11, 2019

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Shakespeare has 20% targeted np charge with no skill investment, party buster buff, and is entirely reasonable as a budget support. He’s definitely not bad.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Yeah the Bard seems to be okay, if not particularly exciting in most cases. There's a lot of pretty decent 1-3 star servants that can do a perfectly acceptable job of something if you don't wanna whale out, but almost all of them are surpassed by a 4/5 star of some kind that just does things better, with a few rare exceptions. But the game isn't really so hard that you can't get by on them if you decide to.

There are a couple serious stinkers in the FP summon pile, though, and the game is obtuse enough about how things work that it can be a very unfortunate surprise for a new player that their favorite pull is complete garbage, especially if they've invested a bunch of their limited resources into leveling up their waifu/husbando.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnI7yhIWGY

(Although the subject of the song more reflects Hans' attitude towards writing, really.)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shakes is definitely useful in some burst/plugsuit strategies since he can bring a Buster servant with a Kaleidoscope to 100%. I wish he had a support NP rather than offensive, mostly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Threw 3 tickets at Sherlock, got nothing. First 10 roll spat out NP2 Berserker Lancelot and Holmes.
Then the GSSR threw me NP2 Herc, NP2 Cat, and a freaking Archuria. Berserkermania is running wild on me, but between these two I feel like I've used up 6 months of gacha luck. Summer is gonna be an absolute tragedy.

Is there anything that's really worth it in Singularity banners? I know I missed day 1 and SAlter but what else?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shakespeare is probably in the top 25 servants in the game in terms of how helpful he is for what you spend 90% of the game doing. i have mine grailed to 90 on jp and i love the man, he makes farming so much easier.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

HGH posted:

Threw 3 tickets at Sherlock, got nothing. First 10 roll spat out NP2 Berserker Lancelot and Holmes.
Then the GSSR threw me NP2 Herc, NP2 Cat, and a freaking Archuria. Berserkermania is running wild on me, but between these two I feel like I've used up 6 months of gacha luck. Summer is gonna be an absolute tragedy.

Is there anything that's really worth it in Singularity banners? I know I missed day 1 and SAlter but what else?

singularity banners are bad because they're just a mess of all the singularity servants, so you're less likely to get any one specific servant. camelot is the main one that has a generally good quality of servants across the board but i still wouldn't recommend rolling.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
The first Shimosa banner is pretty good, as it is one of the few times the limited Musashi is available, and Motoe, Chiyome, and Hozoin are also on the banner.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just noticed all my Weekly Missions are gone from the menu and it says No Missions (despite having an orange 2 on the button for it), is this a common bug?

dogsicle posted:

singularity banners are bad because they're just a mess of all the singularity servants, so you're less likely to get any one specific servant. camelot is the main one that has a generally good quality of servants across the board but i still wouldn't recommend rolling.
Well, that's good to know, thank you. I would still love to chance the London one but I see the risks now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only reason to roll on a singularity banner is if you want storylocked 3*s. so bedivere or jaguarman basically

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rorahusky posted:

The first Shimosa banner is pretty good, as it is one of the few times the limited Musashi is available, and Motoe, Chiyome, and Hozoin are also on the banner.

it's worth distinguishing between singularity release banners like the one you're mentioning, and the singularity banners during anniversary. the former are perfectly good to roll on since they usually only feature two or three servants you can aim for, compared to the anniversary banners.

but also i wouldn't say shimosa is that high value of a banner, it drops shortly after Merlin and people would benefit more from him than saving through his (last) banner for Musashi.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And even then you're better off just waiting for the class-based banners.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

protip: you gain the most from rolling for the servants you want

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
roll for love

but if u state a desire to roll for wu or summer helena prepare to face justice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rolled for Summer Helena

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Captain Baal posted:

I rolled for Summer Helena

:shittypop:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

HGH posted:

I just noticed all my Weekly Missions are gone from the menu and it says No Missions (despite having an orange 2 on the button for it), is this a common bug?

Check your filter settings.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

2* Servant Saint George remains the best tank in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Third best. Though three of the top four are permanent free servants and the other one is available in the tutorial summon so the point certainly still applies.