Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Haha it looks like they just found whatever random aircraft they could within easy flight distance and plan on having them do a flyby. What a waste of effort. Also, it's supposed to rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Watch him call them the "Bluebirds."

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:yooge: Here comes your favorite, the Blue Falcons

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Thunder Angels

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nick Soapdish posted:

:yooge: Here comes your favorite, the Blue Falcons

This or calling them "the finest pilots in the air force" is extremely plausible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's not cockswain anymore. It's cockson.

(yeah I know it's not far off being right, but he definitely overemphasized the wrong syllables)

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 5, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Did anybody get to see the "show?" I'm curious what actually happened.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Did anybody get to see the "show?" I'm curious what actually happened.

The speech would have been boilerplate if he hadn’t sundowned during it. Flyovers were as expected. Tanks but no tanks were in the VIP section

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Theory. Whole thing (especially how apolitical the speech was, especially for him) was just trying to bait the left into “protesting america’s Birthday party” to continue the narrative that the left hate ‘Murcia.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ActusRhesus posted:

Theory. Whole thing (especially how apolitical the speech was, especially for him) was just trying to bait the left into “protesting america’s Birthday party” to continue the narrative that the left hate ‘Murcia.

Possibly. But I also think that attributes too much forward thinking

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
In fact, we got the opposite, with Lou Dobbs seeing it as a great opportunity to poo poo on the military:

https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1146760530033614850

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

McNally posted:

Possibly. But I also think that attributes too much forward thinking

Eh. Can’t stand the asshat. But I’m starting to think he’s more calculating (or at least his strategists are) than people are giving him credit for.

At the moment, I think his odds of reelection are very good. *cringe. Shudder. Cry*

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Any Chiefly types still in that can give me a straight answer on what is actually required out of the whole induction thing for putting on E7 if I make it?

I'm tad at the moment and my date to go home would land right in the middle of the dumb games season. Local chiefs are obviously a bit reluctant to say any part of the hollowed event isn't necessary.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 6, 2019

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Not a Chief, maybe this year, but technically the only thing actually required is the CPO Selectee Leadership Course, which is uh, a week or something. SEAL/SWCC for example, tend to do just that bit since it's required. Obviously, if you don't go through the initiation season then word will get around or whatever.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
Nothing you do will be right.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

tacopie posted:

Nothing you do will be right.

:chiefsay:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Laranzu posted:

Any Chiefly types still in that can give me a straight answer on what is actually required out of the whole induction thing for putting on E7 if I make it?

I'm tad at the moment and my date to go home would land right in the middle of the dumb games season. Local chiefs are obviously a bit reluctant to say any part of the hollowed event isn't necessary.

No worries shipmate. You can always go through it next year after your already pinned. Lol. Real talk: you get pinned regardless if you take the required course. Depending on your community you may or may not get "blackballed" from the mess if you don't do initiation. Pro tip: take the one week course where you're at if you can and jump in the process when you get back and they'll catch you up. They'll spit and slobber about it, but theyll do it. Or at least I've never seen it not happen for anyone who wants to do it. If your tad allows it, just do it there while you're there and finish when you get back. Good luck!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ckubeNBC/status/1148045526375514112

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

ADM Davidson moves one step closer.

piL fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 8, 2019

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
make Buttplug the CNO for all I care as long as he brings back beards

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/USNINews/status/1149116203593609216

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wonder how much magnetic deviation he has to account for with a nose like that.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Strong chance he thought he was nominating Stinger from top gun.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cgdhopkins/status/1149668397233217537

Bring back shipboard animals

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Imagine the benefits of a kennel with dogs to relax with off hours.

lol no just give them some training on a computer on how to reduce stress by working harder

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Don’t forget a goat on a tiger cruise cost Captain Banigan his job.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DustyNuts posted:

Not a Chief, maybe this year, but technically the only thing actually required is the CPO Selectee Leadership Course, which is uh, a week or something. SEAL/SWCC for example, tend to do just that bit since it's required. Obviously, if you don't go through the initiation season then word will get around or whatever.

A SWCC Senior Chief was telling me how while he was on some crappy deployment like Bahrain or whatever he had to do whatever weeklong initiation when he picked up. So he would constantly force them to cancel by getting the base to close down whatever training area they planned on using on account of “NSW needing it for training.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

Imagine the benefits of a kennel with dogs to relax with off hours.

lol no just give them some training on a computer on how to reduce stress by working harder

Yeah but then some overworked E-4 will have to clean up after them and get yelled at.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Marines bring working dogs on amphibs all the time. The handler just carries around baggies to clean the dog poo poo up. Seems like you could put a therepy dog on board and make it one of the RP's extra duties or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Until you get some dumb rear end in a top hat who decides to gently caress with/rape/kick/kill the dog.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don’t forget a goat on a tiger cruise cost Captain Banigan his job.

Banigan lost his job because he was a grade A rear end in a top hat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vulturesrow posted:

I know that. It’s much more fun to blame it on the goat, though.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know that. It’s much more fun to blame it on the goat, though.

The irony of the whole situation for me is that one of the findings was basically overworking the crew and the guy who endorsed that was Adm Mewbourne, a guy who had almost 0 concept of work life balance.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
of course the CAC certificate activation process that is supposed to make everything more secure requires Internet Explorer running loving Java

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Cerekk posted:

of course the CAC certificate activation process that is supposed to make everything more secure requires Internet Explorer running loving Java

If you're not a fan of old trusty IE11 they probably have some Firefox 60 laying around

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Usually that nets a promotion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Usually that nets a promotion.

I mean he made it to O-6 and a major command billet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There are still ~220 billets above. He's just getting warmed up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

There are still ~220 billets above. He's just getting warmed up.

He would warm up on his stationary bike he had installed outside the captain's cabin. He would bike on it wearing bright colored spandex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

The irony of the whole situation for me is that one of the findings was basically overworking the crew and the guy who endorsed that was Adm Mewbourne, a guy who had almost 0 concept of work life balance.

God I loving blacked his name out of my memory loving CAPT Dee Mewborne (did a cruise with him as skipper, he picked up rdml off it) jesus just seeing his name makes me remember that hosed up cruise where he kept volunteering us for extra poo poo, skipping port visits to do show of force poo poo. He had the whole ship keyed up as gently caress and we did mock small boat swarm drills every other day without fail.

I recall we had 3 successful suicides that cruise and God knows how many attempted ones that failed.