Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

The major doubt that you can customize Byleth is that their faces actually show up in cutscenes. Corrin and Robin very deliberately were hidden in cutscenes.

Yeah they did a lot of first person shots, and for Robin had a few where the hood was pulled up to hide all the facial features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

you can do their hair color at the very least, though, so even that doesn't really make sense

if you can change the color of a texture you can also do light non-rigging changing model edits too
you can't do their hair color. their hair color changes as part of the story.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
How many super saiyan forms does Byleth get?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Jawdins posted:

How many super saiyan forms does Byleth get?

At least five.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

At least five.

there should be a ng+ option and each time you go through a route you gain another level
only once you reach super saiyan god super saiyan will you be able to reach the [ True End ]

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I do wonder if we can get some sort of carry over option when we go through the routes.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

rannum posted:

there should be a ng+ option and each time you go through a route you gain another level
only once you reach super saiyan god super saiyan will you be able to reach the [ True End ]
And then, once you hit the final level cap, the game switches to Disgaea. We already have the demon name, and D3 was an academy settting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
No, not the worst disgaea please.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

not a bot posted:

Dimitri sounds like a dweeb.
Sounds a lot like Yuri Lowenthal to me. There was this moment from the first Nier game where he played a mechanic who went absolutely apeshit over the death of his younger brother, so that bodes well for the second half.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
My impression after the E3 trailer was that Dimitri was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch and Claude was voiced by Lowenthal but I guess my vocal recognition is off

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't wait for Dimitri to turn into Gig from Soul Nomad.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Is it just me or did the Blue Lions trailer have some small graphical upgrades?

I don't remember the metal bits of armor/uniforms being a bit shiny before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's been graphical upgrades pretty much every time we've seen the game. Wouldn't be surprised if the final game has some slight improvements over the E3 live demos.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Modern graphics engines are designed to scale to the capabilities of the system, and one strategy used for that scaling is to enable or disable effects (either dynamically or statically) based on available resources. Aside from being the signature feature of the Switch, it is also means that as the developers improve the efficiency of some parts of the rendering, other parts can afford to look better. Minor graphical touch-ups are also often added late in development after everything more important is done, plus performance tuning being saved for later when the program is relatively stable. That's why it's normal for games to look and run noticeably better at launch than in previews.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't wait for Dimitri to turn into Gig from Soul Nomad.

I can't wait for Soul Nomad to get a goddamn English rerelease. :argh:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The Golden Deers seem like the chillest House to me therefore they are the ones I'm going to pick.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Endgadget had an article up but it's gone now, someone copied it before it went down. Some interesting stuff, there will be major decisions which affect the story so there will be some variety even when replaying with the same house. The game has NG+.

There is a big "flashpoint" around 10 hours in, which is most likely the timeskip as it says in article Nintendo has said talking about what happens after is a no-no. The writer rushed through the game and it took 45 hours so it's definitely longer than the DS games and majority of game will happen after timeskip. According to the article the writing is good, everyone has a personality and acts according to it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

10 hours in is significantly faster than i expected, even accounting for reviewers needing to blitz through the game asap, i thought it'd be more 50/50 split

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Sounds like the game is going to be more war than school. I guess this means you will be best off specializing your unit's training straight away because you'll get precious little time to develop them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rannum posted:

10 hours in is significantly faster than i expected, even accounting for reviewers needing to blitz through the game asap, i thought it'd be more 50/50 split
They said that the timeskip happens 10-11 chapters in, accounting for normal FE game length of 30ish that's the 1/3rd point, and then you figure lategame maps and cutscenes are longer and 1/4th sounds right.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jawdins posted:

Sounds like the game is going to be more war than school. I guess this means you will be best off specializing your unit's training straight away because you'll get precious little time to develop them.

The school mechanics will be there even in the war phase. The lessons are just changed to military drills.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

Yeah they did a lot of first person shots, and for Robin had a few where the hood was pulled up to hide all the facial features.

I'm perfectly happy to sacrifice customization to avoid awkward scenes like we had in Fates and, to a lesser extent, Awakening. Honestly, I never projected myself on any of the avatar characters: they all had their own personalities to some extent.It wasn't always developed, but they felt like characters on their own. Such as Corrin being awful, Robin being surprisingly good, if bland, and Chris basically not existing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

You’d figure a lot of people would get annoyed if the school portion dragged on so it makes sense that it’s like a quarter to a third of the length

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol at the first lines of this preview literally being 'three houses is the game fates should have been'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They also only managed to get one student from another house to their side, so yeah, it's about what I thought. There's no hard cap, but you have such little time and the requirements are high enough that you can only get one or two.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Endorph posted:

lol at the first lines of this preview literally being 'three houses is the game fates should have been'

They know their audience.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
fire emblem will never release its death grip on my heart

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Time limit, my worst fear

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I am choosing to remain hopeful that the game will actually be good

may seiros have mercy on my soul

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

the year will be 2026 and people will be handwringing over the new FE being a fates

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

rannum posted:

the year will be 2026 and people will be handwringing over the new FE being a fates

Fire Emblem Fates 2: This Time We Actually Named the Continent

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game will be good

it may or may not be great

but itll be good

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Minus Green posted:

Fire Emblem Fates 2: This Time We Actually Named the Continent

No, he's MY sensei!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Endorph posted:

this game will be good

it may or may not be great

but itll be good

I'm excited to pledge my allegiance to house Golden Deer and kill the leaders of the other two houses.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Even though you are my enemy I respect your determination, and honor you: the game: the series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Even though you are my enemy I respect your determination, and honor you: the game: the series
issuing a correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the child hunting loptyr cult. you do not, under any circumstances, 'gotta hand it to them.'

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Endorph posted:

issuing a correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the child hunting loptyr cult. you do not, under any circumstances, 'gotta hand it to them.'

Actually you do, because they'll just kill you and take it if you don't hand it to them. "It" being your child.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The english website is up, the most notable thing (since we've seen all this and way more through famitsu) for us is probably all the characters have a few voice lines to hear their VO https://fireemblem.nintendo.com/three-houses/characters/

except byleth, anyway.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

yeah i think sothis is definitely voiced by cassandra lee morris

maybe bernadetta is voiced by christine marie cabanos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Manuela posted:

I'm a professor, a physician, a songstress.... And available.

I love her