Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Finally got around to watching Into the Spiderverse, like how the visual effects changed at times based on who's viewpoint we were supposed to be following.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

That Italian Guy posted:

Spiderman Far From Home post credit:
I wonder how frequently Nick Fury has used Talos as a body double. When he get dusted, Maria Hill calls him "Nick" instead of Fury and in Captain Marvel he goes a great lenght about how no one, not even his mother calls him by name - in fact, he realizes his boss is a Skrull cause he calls him Nicholas.

There’s also this(link doesn’t have Spider-Man spoilers but you still may want to stay away if you haven’t seen it) https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Nick-Fury-Actually-Skrull-Disguise-Theory-45903753

In captain marvel fury says he can’t eat toast cut diagonally, but he was seen doing so in age of ultron. People caught this prior to far from home.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

According to Watts, Real Fury attends Stark's funeral and the switch is some time after that. Ultron was just an oversight, since the line was written like 5 years later and I guess nobody noticed.

Edit: Of course this is just the intent of Spider-Man's director and Marvel can easily change any of that down the line if they wanted to. They've done things like that in the past.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Jul 11, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

According to Watts, Real Fury attends Stark's funeral and the switch is some time after that. Ultron was just an oversight, since the line was written like 5 years later and I guess nobody noticed.

Unacceptable. Reboot the entire franchise.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
George Lucas smirking somewhere reading about this.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Sam Elliott is another guy who has always looked old. I recently watched Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid and he is instantly recognizable in that. He looks like he’s in his mid-40s, despite only being in his mid-20s at that time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Does that mean in Winter Soldier Talos is the one they see in the bed recovering to motivate Cap, while real Nick is getting healed for reals by space magic?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

bunnyofdoom posted:

Does that mean in Winter Soldier Talos is the one they see in the bed recovering to motivate Cap, while real Nick is getting healed for reals by space magic?

Actually Talos is everyone, all the time

Epic Doctor Fetus
Jul 23, 2003

beanieson posted:

Actually Talos is everyone, all the time

Another doppleganger moment in Spider-Man Far From Home: He is also pretending to be the person in charge at Midtown High School, making him the Talos Principal.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Sam Elliott is another guy who has always looked old. I recently watched Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid and he is instantly recognizable in that. He looks like he’s in his mid-40s, despite only being in his mid-20s at that time.

He looks mid-20’s, maybe early 30’s here.

Granted he looks like a 30 year old who is dating high schoolers.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Nothing subtle about that shirt :eyepop:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Strong ‘Tom Byron on his way to gently caress Traci Lords’ vibe here.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The old dude look really worked for Sam Elliott in Roadhouse, because he does look like an older guy but then you see his body and you're like goddamn this guy is absolutely ripped. He's supposed to be playing like the best bouncer that ever lived so it was perfect for the role.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

He looks mid-20’s, maybe early 30’s here.

Granted he looks like a 30 year old who is dating high schoolers.

In no way does this dude look like he’s in his 20’s. He could maybe pass for late 30’s.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Imagine swooning over Sam Elliott when you're in middle school. WTF Teen Beat?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kramdar posted:

Imagine swooning over Sam Elliott when you're in middle school. WTF Teen Beat?

I've talked about this before but my grandma dated him back in highschool. She said he was so charming that her mom fell in love with him (though nothing came of it).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inzombiac posted:

I've talked about this before but my grandma dated him back in highschool. She said he was so charming that her mom fell in love with him (though nothing came of it).

I can believe that (except the parenthetical).

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, Sam Elliot totally hosed your great-grandmother.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

That's only what they tell you.

Say hello to your real grandpa.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I should be so lucky!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Yeah, Sam Elliot totally hosed your great-grandmother.

He gave her the beef.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Epic Doctor Fetus posted:

Another doppleganger moment in Spider-Man Far From Home: He is also pretending to be the person in charge at Midtown High School, making him the Talos Principal.

boooo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I dunno if this counts as a subtle movie moment:

But I was watching Up the other day, and looked up who the voice actor for the kid was. It is Jordan Nagai.

And apparently, because the voice actor is Asian, they decided to make the character he plays also Asian.

It plays no part in the plot, or story or anything to do with the film, but watching it with that knowledge you can see that they do give the kid slanted eyes, and I had never noticed that before.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
PYF Subtle Movie Moments: One Character Was Asian

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Unmature posted:

PYF Subtle Movie Moments: One Character Was Asian and I didn't notice it

Fixed that for you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did you really not realise the kid was Asian?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

EmmyOk posted:

Did you really not realise the kid was Asian?

Truly, a mistery for the ages.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, I guess I should have put it in the other thread.

I thought he was just a fat annoying kid. I was impressed that they had an Asian character that wasn't a caricature or stereotype.

But it seems that it wasn't that subtle, I am just an idiot. Whoops.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They show Russell’s mom at the end too and she’s fairly Asian as well. But it is a nice touch that the character had absolutely no Asian stereotypes to the extent that he’s named Russell.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Krispy Wafer posted:

They show Russell’s mom at the end too and she’s fairly Asian as well. But it is a nice touch that the character had absolutely no Asian stereotypes to the extent that he’s named Russell.

If only they'd named him Kenny, right?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Isn't he a bit of an overachiever?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Atomic Blonde is weirdly absent the male gaze in its shooting. Yeah, it's full of nudity and sexily dressed ladies, but it's all shot in a very relaxed manner, and none of it feels lecherous or voyeuristic.

I might be projecting a bit here, but in attitude it feels a lot closer to how my bi/lesbian friends would want a sexy action movie, and now im curious what the response to it was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ferrule posted:

Isn't he a bit of an overachiever?

The Asian stereotype is more shut-in study nerds, not outgoing extracurriculars. (enough that suddenly universities and employers got very interested in extracurriculars on resumes when it was Asian kids topping the score charts)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Asian stereotype is more shut-in study nerds, not outgoing extracurriculars. (enough that suddenly universities and employers got very interested in extracurriculars on resumes when it was Asian kids topping the score charts)

Yea, Russel is just a boy scout as in he is part of the organization and by personality.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Atomic Blonde is weirdly absent the male gaze in its shooting. Yeah, it's full of nudity and sexily dressed ladies, but it's all shot in a very relaxed manner, and none of it feels lecherous or voyeuristic.

I might be projecting a bit here, but in attitude it feels a lot closer to how my bi/lesbian friends would want a sexy action movie, and now im curious what the response to it was.

It made 100 million worldwide

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
The license plate for the Delorean is OUTATIME. How the gently caress did I not notice that before?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Every previous time you saw the movie, during that shot where the plate was spinning around between the flame trails, you were distracted in some way? Blowing your nose? Making dinner? Reading a book with the tv on in the background? An NHL goalie walked in and started practicing in front of the screen like it was a net?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maybe he was distracted by the superimposed shot of Doc and Marty with the fire trails, the one that has Marty standing the middle of the fire.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Phy posted:

Every previous time you saw the movie, during that shot where the plate was spinning around between the flame trails, you were distracted in some way? Blowing your nose? Making dinner? Reading a book with the tv on in the background? An NHL goalie walked in and started practicing in front of the screen like it was a net?

I was looking at it the wrong way and thought it was his name since TIME backwards is EMIT...

.... which I've also now only just figured out.

I am not a smart man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

CityMidnightJunky posted:

.... which I've also now only just figured out.

You and me both.