Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Palermo going bust is not a lol, but this Twitter thread, it is a lol
https://twitter.com/ViciniLo/status/1147197406213222400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Palermo going bust is not a lol, but this Twitter thread, it is a lol
https://twitter.com/ViciniLo/status/1147197406213222400

Fuckin lmao at this. The misspellings of the players names and the insistence on garbagemen like jajalo and balogh being world class are pure Zamparini.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
jesus loving christ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Atalanta's stadium is undergoing renovations and isn't up to UEFA's requirements for playing in the CL, so they are asking around to use other teams. The current ask is San Siro; the city has said it's fine but apparently Milan are being kinda lovely about it and may potentially block which is extremely petty imo. It's the best fit; Bergamo is less than an hour away from Milano and it's not like we're using it :v:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

Atalanta's stadium is undergoing renovations and isn't up to UEFA's requirements for playing in the CL, so they are asking around to use other teams. The current ask is San Siro; the city has said it's fine but apparently Milan are being kinda lovely about it and may potentially block which is extremely petty imo. It's the best fit; Bergamo is less than an hour away from Milano and it's not like we're using it :v:

But it's MY house

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Pity the squad is being dismantled cause those are pretty badass away shirts:

https://twitter.com/Footy_Headlines/status/1148708700577783809

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

New sponsor! Gatorade!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Pity the squad is being dismantled cause those are pretty badass away shirts:

https://twitter.com/Footy_Headlines/status/1148708700577783809

Lol but also those really are quite cool.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Inter fans are also against it; the term they used in their release is "Infesting" as in "It feels like we should smile so as not to be horrified for this decision, for a fanbase that is historically against both Milan teams. We will peacefully block the entrance should the Atalanta fans infest our stadium"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan third jersey also very cool:

https://twitter.com/CalcioFinanza/status/1148876937231814656

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Brescia buying Joronen, for five times the money we paid for him a year ago. An extremely mediocre keeper, that had about 5 good matches last season (one of them being against Atalanta though...). I like this trend of us selling kind of poo poo keepers to Serie A for stupid money, first Robin Olsen now this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Brescia buying Joronen, for five times the money we paid for him a year ago. An extremely mediocre keeper, that had about 5 good matches last season (one of them being against Atalanta though...). I like this trend of us selling kind of poo poo keepers to Serie A for stupid money, first Robin Olsen now this.

How much was the fee? And if the comparison to Olsen is accurate then RIP Brescia.

Looks like a warmup kit...still could be a lot worse.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/statutos__/status/1148905082706157568?s=21

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

:perfect:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

literally loling over here

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/beINSPORTSUSA/status/1016156187442769925

go to 1:52

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PierluigiSci/status/1149059957926612993

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Behold, A Good Tweet:

https://twitter.com/frabiffy/status/1148923843454672901?s=19

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Gigi Galli posted:

How much was the fee? And if the comparison to Olsen is accurate then RIP Brescia.

Di Marzio is saying 5m euros. It was supposed to go through like a week ago, but then they apparently had trouble getting the money. My guess would be that 5m is with potential bonuses. We paid around 800k for him a year ago.

I would say he is worse than Olsen tbh. I never liked any of them much though. But Joronen is absolutely poo poo when it comes to anything relating to kicking the ball. He can barely do goal kicks without sending it over the sideline.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big lols here. Some solid content coming out of this offseason.

Woodenlung posted:

Di Marzio is saying 5m euros. It was supposed to go through like a week ago, but then they apparently had trouble getting the money. My guess would be that 5m is with potential bonuses. We paid around 800k for him a year ago.

I would say he is worse than Olsen tbh. I never liked any of them much though. But Joronen is absolutely poo poo when it comes to anything relating to kicking the ball. He can barely do goal kicks without sending it over the sideline.

Nice plusvalenza! It seems like a small amount of cash but that’s not nothing for a newly promoted club. I wonder if he’ll start; I honestly have no idea who their starting keeper is.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Atalanta_BC/status/1149303718006931457

Check out Pessina's bag (third pic) :heysexy:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is it false hope to think juve might drop a lot of points the first half of the reason with the squad turnover and new manager with a vision that takes awhile to hold?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

lmao, especially at the autographs

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

Is it false hope to think juve might drop a lot of points the first half of the reason with the squad turnover and new manager with a vision that takes awhile to hold?

Certainly possible, but it still wouldn't prevent them from being prohibitive favorites, imo. They had a really show start in Allegri's 2nd or 3rd season and still stormed back.

I'm probably more worried about the 2nd half than the first half, if Sarri still does the thing where he runs out the same lineup in all competitions.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Nah they'll win at a canter and it wont even be a question. The players are too good, and Sarri, while stubborn, is a good manager. He got incredibly close with Napoli and they were pretty much inferior in every position.

Milan and Inter have apparently given their approvals for Atalanta to use the San Siro for their CL matches so all that remains to be seen is if UEFA will be so kind as to make it so their matches don't happen at the same time.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Nah they'll win at a canter and it wont even be a question. The players are too good, and Sarri, while stubborn, is a good manager. He got incredibly close with Napoli and they were pretty much inferior in every position.

And while it isn't serie a, he got off to a decent start with Chelsea despite the short preseason, so his system taking a while isn't a guarantee with a certain quality (at least relative to opposition) on hand.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

..... It's inter's year.....

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

I want to get back into following the league and gonna just bandwagon the cool atalantas

Bring back the tank/fighter jet parade

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Next year is always our year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

mods

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Seltzer posted:

Ban this sick filth

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter will put up a fight for sure, I think they’re in better shape than Napoli unless Hamez actually goes there. Fourth is anyone’s guess.

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Inter will put up a fight for sure, I think they’re in better shape than Napoli unless Hamez actually goes there. Fourth is anyone’s guess.

Hell, I wish. But take a look at this squad though:

To me, this does not look like a 'put the pressure on Juve' side. Maybe a 'qualify for top 4 before the last matchday' side, which I guess would already be an improvement.

Unironically, I think Napoli has a chance. All the other big squads have changed coaches and will undergo a transitional period, which they have already done with Ancelotti (an excellent coach). This is probably the best chance they'll have in quite some time, especially if they do in fact grab James.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

BrBa posted:

Hell, I wish. But take a look at this squad though:

To me, this does not look like a 'put the pressure on Juve' side. Maybe a 'qualify for top 4 before the last matchday' side, which I guess would already be an improvement.

Unironically, I think Napoli has a chance. All the other big squads have changed coaches and will undergo a transitional period, which they have already done with Ancelotti (an excellent coach). This is probably the best chance they'll have in quite some time, especially if they do in fact grab James.

I guess depth is the real concern here. Also Barella is a bit of a gamble as good as he is. Did the Lukaku deal go through?

Conte gets real results out of total garbagemen though; that’s the real reason I think Inter has a lot of hope this year. It’s the main reason I wanted him at Milan.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I guess depth is the real concern here. Also Barella is a bit of a gamble as good as he is. Did the Lukaku deal go through?

Conte gets real results out of total garbagemen though; that’s the real reason I think Inter has a lot of hope this year. It’s the main reason I wanted him at Milan.

Inter and United opened negotiations today in regard to Lukaku.

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, United wants 85 million lmao. I hope Inter aren't dumb enough to pay that, they're already looking at Rebic as an alternative.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/news/fifa-introduces-innovative-approach-with-launch-of-new-disciplinary-code

RIP Lazio

Although lol this is never actually going to be applied

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Palermo are officially dropped down to Serie D as they failed to register with any league in time; not like they were going to be able to anyway. Venezia are going to take their place in Serie B.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-B/12-07-2019/ufficiale-palermo-escluso-serieb-ripescato-venezia-340807582138.shtml (in Italian).

In less depressing news, Lapadula is now a Lecce player so hopefully he get some continuity. I always liked that guy!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/Inter/status/1149755306659815424

Nick Stretcher confirmed, probably the only good news I'll get this summer.