Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grouchio posted:

Wait when
The little demon she vomited up in her sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Wait when

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-5-86/

She literally ate a baby. Y'know, unless you accept the premise that Devils are not people like you and me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Likely an unbound/unmasked devil, like the fuel they use for airships.

And even if it is a person, yes, fine, she ate a person. Devils are in fact people. Let's not start this again.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You can see its little itty bitty mask in the panel!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well I'm sure the chicken I'm eating right now had a personality as well, so I guess I'm a murderer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Likely an unbound/unmasked devil, like the fuel they use for airships.

And even if it is a person, yes, fine, she ate a person. Devils are in fact people. Let's not start this again.

It very clearly has a mask. Allison ate a baby.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
And good for her. Babies have had it too easy for too long. It's about time they got their comuppence

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"Unbound ones. Like in devil liquor."

However Abaddon chose to draw it, it was an unbound devil.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yes, an unbound devil baby. monsterous

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No, delicious. Very healthful for young pree!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Unbound ones. Like in devil liquor."

However Abaddon chose to draw it, it was an unbound devil.

Some tequila is made with snake venom in it. Some has a whole snake.

Some devil liquor has liquid devil in it. Some has a whole baby.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Turns out most of the paperwork in the Empire is just tracking to avoid incest.

Supposedly there's an Icelandic app that exists solely for helping potential lovebirds make sure they're not too closely related

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Supposedly there's an Icelandic app that exists solely for helping potential lovebirds make sure they're not too closely related

That does actually exist. Iceland is tiny, significantly more Americans visit the country each year (~400k) than there are Icelandic folks (~330k). And, having visited for a couple weeks, it's not hard to see why, Iceland is beautiful.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gotta admit I was sorta wondering how this thread was gonna square "it's craaaaazy to read any of the statements about devils being fundamentally unlike humans as literal" and "it's cool to eat a devil baby, it's not like it's a real baby, if the comic says they're people the comic is wrong" but I was hoping for more rationalization effort than just yelling both things over and over

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 11, 2019

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's only fair, devils eat humans too.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

gotta admit I was sorta wondering how this thread was gonna square "it's craaaaazy to read any of the statements about devils being fundamentally unlike humans as literal" and "it's cool to eat a devil baby, they don't mind, not like a real baby, if the comic says they're people the comic is wrong" but I was hoping for more rationalization effort than just yelling both things over and over

I'm pretty sure the majority of the people here are joking around about her eating a baby.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm talking about you, genius

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Demiurge4 posted:

Allison still hasn’t killed anyone has she?

She must have killed several dozen over the course of her raid on the bank. There's a few panels that are just her cleaving through folks.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm talking about you, genius

Ok I guess posting proof of what I'm saying from the comic is just "yelling over and over".

I like talking about this comic and its lore, even if the springboard for it is from a joke. So sue me. If it ACTUALLY gets heated again like previous times in the thread I'm peacing out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm pretty sure the majority of the people here are joking around about her eating a baby.

I am deadly serious about her eating a baby.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

And I'm deadly serious that that baby was delicious.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The point is that you and others are making jokes to try to deflect from the fact that reading "Cio and other devils are people just like you and me" can't be reconciled with Allison eating a baby devil to gain the power of tongues.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

well, it can. she's not a nice person and power in Throne is built on very literally preying on the weak.
there's just an extremely specific reading of the story going on with a few folks here that involves declaring like half of the comic is factually incorrect on the events it is depicting, the true record of which is in their headcanon

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 11, 2019

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

The point is that you and others are making jokes to try to deflect from the fact that reading "Cio and other devils are people just like you and me" can't be reconciled with Allison eating a baby devil to gain the power of tongues.
when everybody has to eat baby devils to understand each other you just stop judging people for it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

It is still utterly bizarre to me that after everything that has happened in the comic with Cio, you think that Abaddon is trying to communicate to the readers that devils are not emotional, empathetic beings very similar to humans.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sure it can, I'll do it right now.

That was hosed up and Allison is not a perfectly moral agent.

Boom, reconciled.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

They can be emotional, empathetic beings and still be obligated to feed on peoples' souls to sustain themselves. A bunch of emotional, empathetic beings with extremely cruel metabolic requirements they're fully aware of but have limited control over would sort of tend to produce the kind of culture we see amongst devils. In fact they seem to wrap a lot more of their identity around insisting this is all fine, actually, than the human inhabitants of Throne who casually do ten hosed up things before breakfast by choice.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 11, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I still don't agree on the "obligated to feed on peoples' souls to sustain themselves" part since they CAN eat, but it hasn't really been clearly answered in the comic or RPG whether they can get the flame they need from food or not. Given the fact Cio has committed to not hurting anyone, yet still seems to be sustaining herself just fine (and seems to be obsessed with cooking) I think they can. But that's still my speculation so w/e.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kill six billion pedants

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I suspect the answer is "sorta, for a while". Everything is fundamentally fire but Princess needs to be two-fisting entire cows nonstop because non-sapient animals are an extremely weak source of the flame, and Cio is pretty clearly not fine or over her devil problems at all.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 11, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I still don't agree on the "obligated to feed on peoples' souls to sustain themselves" part since they CAN eat, but it hasn't really been clearly answered in the comic or RPG whether they can get the flame they need from food or not. Given the fact Cio has committed to not hurting anyone, yet still seems to be sustaining herself just fine (and seems to be obsessed with cooking) I think they can. But that's still my speculation so w/e.

A devil that denies itself the particular vice of directly consuming the flame of humanity will always be weaker than one that does not. They are fundamentally beings of consumptive vice.

Cio cooks because she likes to.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Patware posted:

kill six billion pedants

Oops now I'm dead :(

I suspect the answer is "sorta, for a while". Everything is fundamentally fire but Princess needs to be two-fisting entire cows nonstop because non-sapient animals are an extremely weak source of the flame, and Cio is pretty clearly not fine or over her devil problems at all.

Yeah, which is all stuff they'll have to deal with eventually. The idea I take issue with is suggesting that it's futile and bound to failure for devils to successfully go against that nature, and I, again, find it utterly bizarre for someone to suggest that's the stance the comic is trying to take with Cio. And same with Angels and White Chain. It'll be hard, but, I mean, character development and changing as a person is hard.

Anyway. Like I said, don't wanna get too heated and drop down this rabbit hole again.

wiegieman posted:

A devil that denies itself the particular vice of directly consuming the flame of humanity will always be weaker than one that does not. They are fundamentally beings of consumptive vice.

So maybe she's fine with being weak if it means she doesn't have to hurt people anymore.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

They can be emotional, empathetic beings and still be obligated to feed on peoples' souls to sustain themselves. A bunch of emotional, empathetic beings with extremely cruel metabolic requirements they're fully aware of but have limited control over would sort of tend to produce the kind of culture we see amongst devils. In fact they seem to wrap a lot more of their identity around insisting this is all fine, actually, than the human inhabitants of Throne who casually commit atrocities by choice.

Your earlier observation that, if salads could scream and beg for their lives every time you tried to eat them, human society would likely be just as sociopathic as the Devils are portrayed, was pretty spot on IMO.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
You... you guys don't hear the lettuce scream and the tomatoes cry?

wiegieman posted:

Yes, but she spends extra on organic ingredients even if they have more food miles, so she's still getting that sweet sweet vice.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I weep for the onions whose lives were lost in the making of my dinner

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ultimately the story's going to leave a lot up to interpretation and that's a good thing, we don't need a wookiepedia dor devils. All we absolutely know for certain is that this is Throneglish for "I wuv yoo Mommy":

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Organic devil babies feel more pain, and are therefore more delicious.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ultimately the story's going to leave a lot up to interpretation and that's a good thing, we don't need a wookiepedia dor devils. All we absolutely know for certain is that this is Throneglish for "I wuv yoo Mommy":

Pretty sure it's "Ah, gently caress! That is the last time I go on a three-day bender..."

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

baby demons are the unidentified meat lumps of Throne. Meat skewers? Baby demons. Steamed buns? Baby demons. Pie? Baby demons. Pizza? Oh you know I love that topped with baby demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't get what we're supposed to be reconciling. Throne is shown to be a vile den of evil and immorality corrupted to it's core. You can probably get goblin steaks right next to your demon fetus pie.