Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Good stage that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Not much GC action other than a nail getting put in Bardet's coffin but I enjoyed it. Kind of don't expect an early mountain stage to be too decisive anyway

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Is this the thread to lol at Van Garderen?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Is this the thread to lol at Van Garderen?

I guess you could do it in any thread, but they probably won't know what you're talking about

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I didn't even realise he was in the tour as my viewing so far has mostly been limited to the pointy end of stages

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i think bikes are cool and whatnot but only really watch the tour so i don't know why the thread likes or hates people particularly - what's tejay's deal besides his loving dumbass name

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

he gets dropped and then cries OP

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
He was America's best GC hope for several years which gave him an amount of hype that consistently resulted in getting dropped on the first big climb and then crying

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This was an awesome stage. That was the slowest I’ve ever seen riders going across a finish line.

I don’t hate Teejay, he just got waaaaay too much screen time on Versus/NBC a few years back when it looked like he might make the podium. Nowadays it’s just tradition to see him crack every year.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
i’d rather watch rusty woods any day

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao, big lad technique ftw

https://twitter.com/daburbs1989/status/1149409091250470913?s=21

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Clearly needs to work on his remounts, but good on him for going for a laugh after that last 100m.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm also going to say that the camera work has been absolutely atrocious so far, but in particular today. We don't need to stare at some rando french dude at the back of the peloton for 3 minutes while someone goes off the front.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yessss love me a cx finish

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Greipel's great. I was thinking he must be getting way too old to ride tours, but he's still 3 years younger than Valverde.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Looks poo poo today

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yep

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
by all the action in this thread, i'm assuming that a freak crosswind storm has cut the peloton to shreds and sent the GC race haywire

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
If they don't hit the slowest time estimate they should make the riders repeat the course in reverse

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Nairo gonna Nairo

Guardian live posted:

27km to go: The word on the street is that Nairo Quintana might have stopped for a comfort break at an inopportune moment, which is why the peloton did not pile on the hurt when he found himself way behind them.

He doesn’t seem the brightest, that boy Nairo. His ongoing reluctance to attack during Tours when he looks like he could punish fellow GC contenders never ceases to baffle me. Still, I suppose if you gotta go, you gotta go. He’s gotta way with it on this occasion.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
worked for Tommy Du

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What a stage

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
what? a stage?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-garderens-tour-de-france-in-doubt-after-heavy-crash/

:rip: van garderen

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Craddocks pic from last year kinda looked similar.

Americans, amirite?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I had it on all day in the pub, watched absolutely none of it till 7km to go then got distracted with 4km left and missed the finish :shrug:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was an ok finish. The scenery was nice to have on while I was working.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

goatface posted:

The scenery was nice to have on while I was working.

this is my barometer for "good stage"

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Tejay’s done. Broken hand.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I lolled so hard at TJ he quit the tour.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i've always wondered why cycling races in the US these days are things like the Tour of California/Utah/Colorado and not city circuits like the UCI Richmond Worlds. Like I don't think people care about the Canadian races too much but they do seem successful on a local level at least

Go for the straightest race ever with a Colfax Classic. :v:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Carlton Kirby has had the most offensive dry cough for the last 5 stages and its driving me up the wall.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

Carlton Kirby has had the most offensive dry cough for the last 5 stages and its driving me up the wall.

Stick it on itv4 instead

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Carlton Kirby exists and its driving me up the wall.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Sagan getting brutalised there. Glad he made it over

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao at these guys getting worried about sagan getting a little wobbly

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They really don't want to let them have the bonus seconds.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

thomas down

e - yeah that bike is totalled.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

*stamps bingo card*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012