Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://twitter.com/mackaycartoons/status/1149307153808789505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/PayantCody/status/1149343513491980288

the tweeter is a ppc candidate

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also i went on holiday for a week and came back and i'm glad to see nothing has changed in canpol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

actually it's about accountability in government journalism

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

autism ZX spectrum posted:

I was under the impression that a defense force was for internal/coastal defense whereas an army is used to project power. NZ has a defense force, and I think Japan does too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
A defense force has as much to do with defense as a peace officer does with peace

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Excuse me, but I though this was the DEMOCRATIC People's Republic of Korea.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
kill all people named cody

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

oh rock[y dong has a new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Z3nl5qBZc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Canada SPAM - the saga of rocky dong

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

hear me out, genocide but only for white dudes named connor or cody

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Canada SPAM: dehumanize urself and face soshlism

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said today the provincial Progressive Conservative government's cuts to Ontario's education system are "frightening" — and he worries they could undermine the quality of the education his three kids receive at an Ottawa-area public school.

All respect to the Liberals for this simultaneously on brand and laser focused messaging. :kiss:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Another Bill posted:

All respect to the Liberals for this simultaneously on brand and laser focused messaging. :kiss:

Public to anyone who can afford to live in rockcliffe park.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

oh right the "public school" whose catchment area just happens to include all the embassys and diplomats children too. real salt of the earth type of place

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DariusLikewise posted:

hear me out, genocide but only for white dudes named connor or cody

genocide : cool and funny.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

536 posted:

Just change your name

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

you hit the nail on the head, but i will add that non-progressive voices tend to have more money and are much louder so at times it seems like everyone is poo poo.

the brandon east mla is hated because he wont meet with anyone unless you are donating the max to the manitoba pcs personally and through your business and he's not shy about stating that fact loudly while hes meeting with donors in public places

i hope that the pcs dont win and we dont need to deal with every part of our province being sold off for spare parts over the next five years thank u

In the last federal election the conservatives spent something like double what all other parties combined spent. I think they're actually worried that they could lose the seat if a good candidate showed up, but the other federal parties don't seem to care about it.

There are lots of reasons the Brandon East MLA is hated. I have both political and personal grudges against the guy.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just change your name

im not dead yet baby ;)

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018
So when is Doug Ford gonna become Prime Minister?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Awful CompSloth posted:

So when is Doug Ford gonna become Prime Minister?

It's gonna be like 8 years out, because it's Scheer next, then whoever the libs run, probably Morneau or Freeland, then it's Doug's turn, then one of Chretien's kids.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
could be as early as like 2020 or 2021 imo with the following chain of events:

trudeau wins a minority
cons boot scheer for failing to win
ford runs for and wins the federal leadership
liberal minority collapses
ford wins the following election

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

vyelkin posted:

could be as early as like 2020 or 2021 imo with the following chain of events:

trudeau wins a minority
cons boot scheer for failing to win
ford runs for and wins the federal leadership
liberal minority collapses
ford wins the following election

Pretty optimistic.

More realistically, Scheer wins a minority and the Liberals vote with him in lock step to fight the evil NDP.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
I don't think Ford can speak French. Hopefully that would help keep him out. But more broadly, I definitely agree with the prediction of an impotent and more reactionary Liberal minority followed in short order by a landslide victory by the absolute worst the CPC has to offer. 10+ years of Conservative hell while we blow past any reasonable deadlines to save the world from climate change.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I can’t see anything other than a con majority and feel all y’all are crazy but I also live in calgary

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

536 posted:

sorry connor

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Trudeau's done so poorly and anyone even remotely right-leaning hates him. The NDP is essentially a non-party on the federal level. It's the cons for the next 10 years.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Naw not really though. Ontario has serious buyers remorse for our Conservative govt. Also I heard today Scheer's official position is 'wait and see' on gay conversion therapy?

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trudeau's done so poorly and anyone even remotely right-leaning hates him. The NDP is essentially a non-party on the federal level. It's the cons for the next 10 years.

in as much as polls can be trusted, recent polls have the libs overtaking the cons again on the back of ontario remembering what conservative government means

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Trudeau is going to win a majority.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

But can the greens double their number of seats again?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

But can the greens double their number of seats again?

no

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah I forgot that the only votes that matter are in Ontario

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

vyelkin posted:

in as much as polls can be trusted, recent polls have the libs overtaking the cons again on the back of ontario remembering what conservative government means

i think the bigger problem is that scheer is doing the opposite-harper and instead of just telling social conservatives to shut the gently caress and wait their turn, he’s letting them run free and won’t give any straight answers on any divisive issues

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Disagree so much. The guy has worked extremely hard to conceal his all his right leaning hard work. Everytime he mocks a native to their face, he has to come up with a good peoplekind blunder to keep the racist uncles hating him because that is really his biggest appeal.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

We got nazis assaulting pride parades and getting away scot-free, while the victims get arrested for defending themselves. You'd have to be super daft to think "nah the neolibs still got this poo poo" in this day and age. I shouldn't have to remind anyone the last time neolibs tried to detract the opposition as being deplorable, or how our politics are depressingly reliable in being an echo of state-side bullshit.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I don't know what you guys are talking about with this right-leaning Trudeau poo poo. I only follow politics every four years and last time I checked the Liberal party is to the left of the NDP.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Naw not really though. Ontario has serious buyers remorse for our Conservative govt. Also I heard today Scheer's official position is 'wait and see' on gay conversion therapy?

lol

Not just gay conversion therapy. Ontario was an international center for trans conversion therapy for decades. That’s why it’s so big an issue in Canada, it was provincially mandated for years.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
God I hate Conservatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao

https://twitter.com/robertfife/status/1149616296020963328?s=21