Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
lmao that twitter moron fell hook line and sinker for all of Andy NGO’s “I was assaulted” poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
That dork is real mad about retweeting etiquette

Serf
May 5, 2011

haha the farther down you scroll on their tl the more unhinged they become

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Killjoy posted:

lmao that twitter moron fell hook line and sinker for all of Andy NGO’s “I was assaulted” poo poo

Jeff gerstmann on the giant bombast didn’t and made a killer cement milkshake joke

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/EnvySurface/status/1149575482725167104

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

That dork is real mad about retweeting etiquette
i'll never get people getting bent out of shape for stealing memes

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'll never get people getting bent out of shape for stealing memes

They're starting a very serious comedy career and having a joke stolen from them by someone with a real comedy career is like comedian Munchhausen's by proxy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*shares MP3 folder on Soulseek* "hey, uh, why are you downloading that? I just got it from you, didn't you already have this"

"getting my file back, motherfucker" :commissar:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I can kind of understand resenting being denied recognition, when it would've been easier for Jake Flores to just retweet the OP instead of save each individual pic and post them himself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's also kinda dumb to go "lol it's just twitter who cares" when twitter is the way a lot of comedians/podcasters/artists/etc. build their audience nowadays.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I can kind of understand resenting being denied recognition, when it would've been easier for Jake Flores to just retweet the OP instead of save each individual pic and post them himself.

his explanation is that someone texted him just the images

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

his explanation is that someone texted him just the images

meme laundering

the crime of the century

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean he posted "Lmao" on it which kinda implies hes not claiming to have written ti

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dr. Killjoy posted:

"fell?" they're obviously a nazbol or some variant on "anti-woke left"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

meme laundering

the crime of the century

truly more heinous than when bro_pair melted down over tim faust posting some graey alien tree burl memes

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lukewarm take: i like the gimmick of the dollop but after listening to the west wing thing I think it would be so much better if gareth wasnt a comedian

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

At least he loving stopped doing portmanteaus

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not put off by his gimmick of being the perpetual little brother, but I can see why it would get grating

the whole him and David doing these "yeah I'm leaving now" skits way too often is what gets to me

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

It's also kinda dumb to go "lol it's just twitter who cares" when twitter is the way a lot of comedians/podcasters/artists/etc. build their audience nowadays.

No one is building anything out of memes about online drama

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Victory Position posted:

I'm not put off by his gimmick of being the perpetual little brother, but I can see why it would get grating

the whole him and David doing these "yeah I'm leaving now" skits way too often is what gets to me

dave definitely needs someone to bounce his research off of but since gareth is a comedian his job is still to be funny and... i just dont think he's really funny so its cringy af. i love dave anthony though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

yeah Gareth is just plain not funny. I'm not sure how funny anybody could be though when your job is to just constantly improv off of the worst stories imaginable. Maybe it would work for someone who has a morbid sense of humor or a stoic, but it's a fatally flawed model.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Victory Position posted:

Somebody in the Dollop thread pointed out that every episode they do about the first time a woman did a thing, they do the exact same riff. *olde timey stentorian voice* "How can she do the thing?! She's a woman! Where's her penis?!"

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

yeah Gareth is just plain not funny. I'm not sure how funny anybody could be though when your job is to just constantly improv off of the worst stories imaginable. Maybe it would work for someone who has a morbid sense of humor or a stoic, but it's a fatally flawed model.

hell i'd even take Josh from The West Wing Thing. hes neither of those but he doesnt try to be funny, he's just his normal affable self.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I guess when it comes to historical facts, a lot of times it's just inappropriate to seek comic relief.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

-anime av
-twitter account

its locked in

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Somebody in the Dollop thread pointed out that every episode they do about the first time a woman did a thing, they do the exact same riff. *olde timey stentorian voice* "How can she do the thing?! She's a woman! Where's her penis?!"

it's pretty much this for every episode, forever

"oh, *demure voice* well what about this *demure voice more* oh no *demure voice encroaching* nah I'm going to leave now *demure voice demanding* yeah can I l leave now *demure voice loudest* yeah I'm gone now *demure voice shouting*"

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The good dollop voice is Dave's impeccable English accent

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1150115948940144640?s=19

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gripweed posted:

nobody should have to use twitter for anything, and the fact that it's necessary for promoting stuff for your career is just another reason why the San Francisco economy is worse than control by Wall Street. although a lot of Wall Street people went there and that's why the tech industry is the way it is, so :shrug:
now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
why the gently caress were you ever even giving them $5 a month in the first place lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Love watching everyone tell on themselves

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

Even if you knew Adam personally, it would still be embarrassing as gently caress that you thought you had some kind of responsibility to pay for and listen to his girlfriends podcast

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Even if you knew Adam personally, it would still be embarrassing as gently caress that you thought you had some kind of responsibility to pay for and listen to his girlfriends podcast

meanwhile, VanderPod goes unlistened by literally everyone

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
not sure why you'd pay for red scare, even if you wanted to listen to the premium amber eps you can find the pirate links right in the subreddit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Victory Position posted:

meanwhile, VanderPod goes unlistened by literally everyone

yeah they haven't put out an episode in months

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

why the gently caress were you ever even giving them $5 a month in the first place lol

This but every podcast

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

because i'm loving stupid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hahaha

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up,

Wait what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

It’s cause he kept calling her his gf on the pod after they’d gotten engaged