Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Neltharak posted:

Yes. Plenty of french sites cover it and write things for it, we got loyal citizens here. Unlike all of you FUDsters :chord:

I mean, most of my exposure to it is Canard PC ripping them a new rear end in a top hat every once in a while, so I didn't thought we had that many cultists, save for the old grognard Grenier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

I mean, most of my exposure to it is Canard PC ripping them a new rear end in a top hat every once in a while, so I didn't thought we had that many cultists, save for the old grognard Grenier.

It's mostly him, a few shills on Millenium, and then Star Citizen France. CPC has a bunch of really decent journalists.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shazback posted:

:thunk:

Giving off some serious "Democratic Republic of" vibes here.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how an 'emperor' (descendent of 'Imperator', a victorious commander) promoted 'independence'. From what, exactly?

"Over the years, the holiday and the UEE itself have changed, but the tenets of the day and the values of our collective remain the same: we are stronger together. Together, we struck down tyrannical regimes, made peace and allied with alien races, and forged a legacy of harmony and a commitment to a better tomorrow. Together, we celebrate our great accomplishments from the past and the even greater potential of the future. Together, we solidify our independence through acceptance, inclusion, and mutual understanding. Our distant ancestors in the United States and France celebrated their own great moments of unity, perseverance, and independence in July. Join us in honoring those traditions this Imperator’s Day weekend."

The root of 'Tyrant' is authoritarian sovereign. Why would you name it 'Imperator's day'?

https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/United_Empire_of_Earth
The answer is that what they call 'Imperator' is a chief executive...

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren: BREAKING STANDBY BREAKING :siren:

It's time to CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Nearly two weeks late!

In a game where the big megaciv is an imperial monarchy!

Our options range from "Hundreds of dollars" to "Holy gently caress you have to be loving making GBS threads me"!

BUY BUY BUY!

THIS SHIP COSTS 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS AND ISN'T IN THE GAME

BUY BUY BUY!

Nice of them to officially acknowledge 4th Stimpire Day with a sale. Let us all celebrate our independence from our skeletons this July 14th!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I was saddened and felt grief when my wife's water broke on July 14th.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Neltharak posted:

It's mostly him, a few shills on Millenium, and then Star Citizen France. CPC has a bunch of really decent journalists.

They bloody well can. A good chunk of them come from Joystick, in the grim old days of the 90's. I was sorta bummed one of them (Captain Ta Race) died of cancer a little while back. Mah childhood!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wtf are looking at here?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Please don't post taxidermy. it makes me sad.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Please don't post taxidermy. it makes me sad.

A guy with your specific avatar cannot ask such thing!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

This entire thread is just looking at taxidermy.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Dementropy posted:

Rummage sale:

What does the blimp have to do with Star Citizen?

It's uhhh... grey?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

JugbandDude posted:

What does the blimp have to do with Star Citizen?

It's uhhh... grey?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/sotapromo

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

A guy with your specific avatar cannot ask such thing!

That avatar was successfully freed unharmed!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

What a loving world we live in. Cripes.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pixelate posted:

Are these bundles abnormal? (Other than being stupidly expensive macro pre-orders that is.)

I can see the Constellation Phoenix is 'limited stock' and included in one of the bundles. Guess that counts as rare. Can't see a limit on the packages generally though. Does it stop when the patriotism runs out?

They are in the sense that they're event-driven and will disappear when the event ends. These aren't going to be sticking around long term- but they're lovely values even if you discount that they're broken ships for a nonfunctional game, so I don't know if this is really a pressure sales thing as much as an opportunistic money-grab.

As far as 'rare' or anything- I mean, I guess? I haven't seen any of these for sale in a while but that's because their store is basically just random poo poo except for the big blowout sales. It's a mystery to me how they make any money during the 11 months when their entire stock is hidden from purchasers.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

No, No, NO! that's not how you do it!

First you announce "SHIP SALEPROMOTION"

Then you give it a cool, hip sounding name like The Refactornator
Only $420.69 fresh cash only
Buy now because the price will never be this low again. Prices will go up the closer release comes.
Then you make up some marketing BS like "best medium-small fighter-thing-doer in it's class" or "punches above it's weight"

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Sarsapariller posted:

They are in the sense that they're event-driven and will disappear when the event ends. These aren't going to be sticking around long term- but they're lovely values even if you discount that they're broken ships for a nonfunctional game, so I don't know if this is really a pressure sales thing as much as an opportunistic money-grab.

As far as 'rare' or anything- I mean, I guess? I haven't seen any of these for sale in a while but that's because their store is basically just random poo poo except for the big blowout sales. It's a mystery to me how they make any money during the 11 months when their entire stock is hidden from purchasers.

Cool, does fit within the shape of Agent's info then I guess.

Think I'm just keen to see if this stuff coalesces

TheAgent posted:

• package benefits (???) of sqlude being pushed at q3 2019
  • buyers of certain pre-order ship packages will get in game benefits including the ability to order other PCs (wtf??) into action

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Krycek posted:

No, No, NO! that's not how you do it!

First you announce "SHIP SALEPROMOTION"

Then you give it a cool, hip sounding name like The Refactornator
Only $420.69 fresh cash only
Buy now because the price will never be this low again. Prices will go up the closer release comes.
Then you make up some marketing BS like "best medium-small fighter-thing-doer in it's class" or "punches above it's weight"

But is it a pocket carrier?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

But is it a pocket carrier?

Yes. Also yes to any other question you might have. Whatever you can dream, theory-craft, imagine, this ship will have it all and will do that thing better than any other ship except for the next ship, which will make this one obsolete. NO TAKEBACKSIES!

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1149432399660494848

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

fess up. Which one of you fudsters is this?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Why does Lethality pine so hard for games in which most of the game time is spent doing nothing and moving? I bet he loved the original EQ stare at the spellbook for 5 minutes between fights.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Star Citizen: Too bad if people don't like it

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Why does Lethality pine so hard for games in which most of the game time is spent doing nothing and moving? I bet he loved the original EQ stare at the spellbook for 5 minutes between fights.

He also loved waiting on the docks because he missed the last boat to Butcherblock by 30 seconds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Krycek posted:

He also loved waiting on the docks because he missed the last boat to Butcherblock by 30 seconds.

why did i play that loving game

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Pilz posted:

One of the devs did go on record saying that they expect the EA release to be a bit of a hot mess but they see it as necessary for testing the game beyond what they're able to do with just the studio team working at it

I'm encouraged by the lack of bullshitting the devs have been pumping out. I am concerned by how many times I'm hearing "We aren't really sure how that'll work yet". At least if it is a hot mess and people are mad they have only themselves to blame for expecting the next coming of Christ.

Oh loving wow. This is StarBase?

Someone please sell me a loving bridge please. Without having visited a single time their forums or discord or whatever, I had totally bought into the quality and polish shown in their promo videos. Silly me. I guess this is exactly what happened and still happens to shitizens.

These guys are not going EA because they need "players to test" (that is another bridge right there if you buy it). They EA because they are running out of money and have to ship in whatever shape the game is in. gently caress 'em. gently caress 'em all.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 13, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Answer the Call is an ARG by CInotG that's been going on since 2015.
A phone number is called and if it's not answered the SQ42 release is postponed by a year.

The number is Kevin Costner's mobile phone.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

me at first glance: heh imagine this was real

me after clicking the link: :suicide:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Supplemental:

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 13, 2019

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I like laughing at this video game that is a piece of poo poo video game

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

"You're the toxic element, that's why you think everyone else is toxic"

Soooo close to self-awareness...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes community who immediately labelled the guy who asked for gameplay videos a troll, it's everyone else who's toxic.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Citizen #1: I want my elevator fidelity!!!

Citizen #2: The elevators are still tier 0, you just wait for the final build!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
It is known how tojal behaves, no need for extra bits.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

quote:

:agesilaus: :bravo: :five: :downsbravo: :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Me, a Hiigaran UEF frigate captain: "breach in starboard deskeletonization chamber"

Funding critical... We're breaking up

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 13, 2019