Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, that's doable too. I just got to thinking that, given you're basically getting virtually your entire team available from the very beginning, as opposed to staggered recruitment like previous Fire Emblems, getting a full support array done between whoever you like (with the exception of cross-class recruitment who would be more difficult) would certainly be doable within the school phase depending on what the rate of points gain is. Which leaves the entirely different post-skip phase to basically already have them entirely done - and that section is probably just as long, if not longer, in total number of chapters.

That staggered recruitment is the real reason you have so many maps to support on in previous games, since if you're trying to A-rank say, Eliwood with Hector/Ninian it's incredibly easy to do within even a short number of chapters - you hardly need the whole game to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From all the previews, it seems like time is tight enough to just get everyone's skills good and poach a unit off another house.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Yeah, one unit is what most previewers mentioned being able to recruit. That's pretty reassuring, that you can't just pick the best students of the other houses, but instead have to make really hard choices. Ups the replay value a lot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This also depends entirely on what new game+ options are there, since the only review out there only beat one route. If we can get a perk that basically gives us more activity points per month on future routes....oh boy.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Is byleth the only one able to marry? Have we seen any other S Rank listings without Byleth?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Endorph posted:

You could just have different dialogue for pre/post-timeskip. The cast here seems way smaller than Fates/Awakening which reduces the amount of supports needed by a lot, so you could use that same workload to have alternative supports for pre/post-timeskip.

The Kotaku article mentioned that one of the supports she did post-skip referred to someone who died during the skip as if they were alive, so this may not be the case, or at least not done evenly.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
There is definitely something we aren't being shown about the classes since the master level classes are for units with level 30+ which isn't attainable pre-timeskip. The lord class modelled by Edelgard in the video is very different from her war phase looks, so there will definitely be special classes available to only the house leaders.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

it seems like hp in general in this game is high. theres a screenshot of level 20 dorothea with 40 hp, and i doubt her hp growth is especially high.

Probably a response to Fates putting HP way, way too low.

Seriously, those were the lowest HP growth rates in the series. In the game that had a staff that cuts HP in half with no way to fix it.

(Fates is a bad game.)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm looking forward to a Fire Emblem that I can't play "perfectly." With every other FE I've always had the urge to look up how to recruit everyone beforehand, to make sure that I didn't miss any units. With 3H it'll be impossible to recruit everyone, so I won't feel pressured to use a guide and can just let the chips fall where they may on my first playthrough.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
:hmmyes:
https://twitter.com/kirszche/status/1149755952050200576

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Carlosologist posted:

just lol if you aren't going to romance Manuela

I wonder if you'll be able to do reclass shenanigans with your prepromotes

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

chiasaur11 posted:

Probably a response to Fates putting HP way, way too low.

Seriously, those were the lowest HP growth rates in the series. In the game that had a staff that cuts HP in half with no way to fix it.

(Fates is a bad game.)

We talk a lot about how this game takes after FE4 in a lot of ways and hell, pretty much everyone in gen 2 has a 100%+ HP growth and like 70-80 HP by the end

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jawdins posted:

There's a spoiler up of the opening cutscene

Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABJiBDlHcQ

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This video is in French, but it does tell us (via symbols) the Strengths and Weaknesses of all the Golden Deer characters.

No Hidden Talents, though.

Have Petra's, as well.

Oh, and a final confirmation of all of Dorothea's strengths and weaknesses.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Looks like it's going to be really easy to make Dorothea a Mortal Savant. Not the first student I'd pick to be a warrior monk, but that's pretty cool.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Swordmaster Petra is easy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jawdins posted:

There's a spoiler up of the opening cutscene

Here's the link

I hope this means Rhea will have high proficiency with fists

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I very much look forward to stupid poo poo like SCCs :getin:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Petra is gonna be a super flexible unit. I can see using her as a Swordmaster, a Hero, a Sniper, a Bow Knight, a Peg Knight, a Wyvern Knight, or even a Paladin.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Junpei posted:

Have Petra's, as well.

“Petra is the granddaughter of their king.”

Class: Commoner

Guess we know what the people of Fodlán think of foreigners...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Junpei posted:

Petra is gonna be a super flexible unit. I can see using her as a Swordmaster, a Hero, a Sniper, a Bow Knight, a Peg Knight, a Wyvern Knight, or even a Paladin.

heroes are male-locked again so sadly the foreign queen can't have a bad rear end cape

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Petra's whole situation as described really makes her sound less as a foreign exchange student and more as a political hostage to keep a conquered territory well behaved. I'm very interested in how it goes.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Zoran posted:

“Petra is the granddaughter of their king.”

Class: Commoner

Guess we know what the people of Fodlán think of foreigners...

You know, that makes me wonder-if Petra's grandfather is the king, what's going on with her parents?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Junpei posted:

You know, that makes me wonder-if Petra's grandfather is the king, what's going on with her parents?

How do you imagine a monarchy works?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Zoran posted:

How do you imagine a monarchy works?

No, I just that as in "What are they doing, why haven't they been mentioned".

Anyway, I can't wait to give Hubert a bow and have him be a magic archer I have been waiting for in Fire Emblem for very long. Mercedes, too.

Oh, can't forget Annette, "Axe Mage" Fantine Dominic.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Petra's whole situation as described really makes her sound less as a foreign exchange student and more as a political hostage to keep a conquered territory well behaved. I'm very interested in how it goes.

If they have the guts to play into that after the plot moves out of high school shenanigans, the game will be far better in my eyes.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

For the love of god let me gay marry anna please intsys

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

If they have the guts to play into that after the plot moves out of high school shenanigans, the game will be far better in my eyes.

I think it's more interesting to go into it when the plot is in high school shenanigans tbh. Even if only kinda brought up through supports.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Geostomp posted:

It ain't, get disappointed and hate it from the start

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think it's more interesting to go into it when the plot is in high school shenanigans tbh. Even if only kinda brought up through supports.

You know, I could really see that. Have her confront Edelgard with the harsh truth of her father’s empire to motivate her into trying to make amends when she takes the throne. It could happen only if you teach the Black Eagles, and result in Edelgard being a more kind ruler in that path, but harsher in the others. Having things like that for all three houses would make the variation more meaningful.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

All the classes have been revealed. How do you avoid being outclassed by horse/flyer emblem in an FE game? In 3H, the answer is to make almost every final promoted class into a flyer or horse. Welcome to genealogy 2: the revenge of horse emblem.

Gdi, there’s no Griffon Rider class?

But there’s one on the Faergus Flag!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

It ain't, get disappointed and hate it from the start

I honestly don't think it's that unlikely. Probably not as something that the like main story interacts with, but something that goes into her kingdom's relationship with the empire and how this relationship has consequences doesn't seem like an impossible topic for supports.

This is the one character from a vassal state, why would it not go into this relationship?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

You know, I could really see that. Have her confront Edelgard with the harsh truth of her father’s empire to motivate her into trying to make amends when she takes the throne. It could happen only if you teach the Black Eagles, and result in Edelgard being a more kind ruler in that path, but harsher in the others. Having things like that for all three houses would make the variation more meaningful.

I don't know if I even need there to be like a big confrontation or anything or for Edelgard to learn that the empire's relationship with its people is hosed up or whatever. But just like Petra and Edelgard's relationship sounds very interesting to me because although they are both princesses Petra is in a vastly inferior position of power due to the relationship between their states and that sounds like it could be a cool dynamic.

I kinda get similar feelings with Dimitri and Dedue as well. The characters sound like they could have cool things going on.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, in the twist of the year, while Lorenz is good in Riding and Lances, as suspected by him being in the Cavalier class several times in screenshots and videos, he also has a strength in-of all things-Reason Magic.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Gdi, there’s no Griffon Rider class?

But there’s one on the Faergus Flag!

maybe it's a master class exclusive to Dimitri

I mean probably not but it'd be neat

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/keepsakering/status/1149703070579924994

:getin:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think "he hides some darkness within" has been in every official description of Dimitri.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think "he hides some darkness within" has been in every official description of Dimitri.

They really want to hammer in his future edginess.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moreso than that, his Dislikes in the Blue Lions intro video being "Fragile Objects" comes off as way more ominous to me. I'm not even sure why, it's just strangely unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oh, crap. He IS McGillis.