Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, and apparently Jackson listened to Cliff talk the feeds again today and then filled in all the cool kids. It would see Cliff has once again potentially fallen down the target list because they've realized that if they just keep him around he'll keep giving his little talks cluelessly and they can figure out what might be happening on the other side of the house.

"Cliff Notes" indeed.

I'm really, really down on this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’m going to wait to see if David makes it back from camp comeback and then decide about hitting the eject button from there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My feeds renew on the 21st which will be after the Comeback Comp return, a new HOH, the first set of noms post Battle Back, and POV. So hopefully that gives a good sense of whether its worth renewing.

But its like $6 so I'll probably hang around just to see someone fall inevitably.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I have a hard time believing that Nick will do anything but just send Jessica to camp comeback. Any thought of striking at the Jacks will be put aside with the comeback happening next week. At least that will give David a pretty good chance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Practical ways this week could go, IMO:

1) Sam has a serious talk with Nick about Gr8ful and that he needs to pick a side, backed by Bella.

2) Kemi blows up on Bella and reveals that Gr8ful have been scheming against them, forcing Nick to move.

3) Nick takes the easy Jess/Kat noms but Jack is convinced hes getting backdoored and burns his power AND Nick's trust in him.

4) Nothing interesting as Jess joins Minority Camp.

I'm... mildly interested.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The 6 Sh66ters are clearly shook and kissing Nick and Bella’s asses. Bella and Nick are preening.

Ana’s being a brat and is annoyed by something. Sounds Jack related. He’s not happy she won’t tell him. She says they can talk when they’re alone.

Ana: Why are you looking at me like that?
Jack: Because I feel like a scumbag. I think that’s what it’s about.
Ana: Why?

Nicole told Kat that people will try and pin the vote on one of them since they were the closest to Kemi. Kat then told everyone that Nicole was trying to get in her head.

Lots of poo poo talking about Kemi. Bella saying her speech didn’t do anything but show her betraying her only friend. Bella’s hot about it. Kemi’s quiet. Kat pointing out that Kemi was saying she was close to Nick and Bella when she was campaigning.

Nick hot and ranting to Tommy about Kemi turning on them when they were her only friends and were trying to flip the vote for her. Nick says he’s hurt personally.

Jackson douchebagging it up with Nick and pins the pinky vote on Nicole.

Holly suddenly real friendly with Kemi. I guess any gossip port in a storm.

Bella/Kemi blows up but nothing is really said. Just yelling stuff about snakes and friends. Kemi tells Bella to relax and walks away, Bella follows her, and Kemi steps back into her face, and Bella grabs her to push her away. Sam busts it up before anything can escalate or BB get involved. We didn’t see who started it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sounds like Bella started whatever was said between them.

Christie and Jack celebrating with Nick about how awesome Gr8ful is. They assure Ana that Nick is “all Gr8ful.”

Ana complaining to Jack that after every big think Jack always runs to Christie and talks game but he never talks game with her. “It loving annoys me.” Jack, “Ok. Is there something that you’d like me to do?” Jack says that his relationship with Christie has existed longer and they talk more socially but he’s “tried to be kind.” They blah blah at each other for awhile but I can’t be bothered.

Jackson and Holly make out a little. Jackson tells her he threw the hinky vote to throw attention off Holly and Ana, but he can’t tell Ana because if Jack finds out their game is over. “I had to.” Holly says Nick is onto her and that he knows she doesn’t fall for his bullshit. She rants some about how she’s clearly the target. Holly told Kemi last night that she was “taking the fall” for Nick/Bella and Nick said “someone” told her that. Jackson’s just doing his “I’m running an amazing game and you stupid woman should just smile and look pretty and let me do it.” Then they try to eat each other’s faces.

Tommy tells Jack and Ana that Nick will put up Cliff and Jess and Kemi helped cement him with Gr8ful. Everyone did great. Everyone is great. Gr8ful is gr8.

Kemi discussing with David and Cliff how uncomfortable she is but she meant what she said. “It just sucks that he won HOH.”

Jackson pushing Nicole as the rogue vote HARD. Holly joining in.
Jackson: Who else is gonna throw a pity vote to Kemi?
Jack: Someone diabolical? I wish I had thought of it.
Jackson: No one in their right mind after that speech would be ballsy enough to give a diabolical vote. Or would they?
Jack: I wish I was that smart.
Jackson: Is it a dumb move?

Christie pushing the Nicole vote thing to Sam. I don’t think she’s in on the scheme. She’s just Christie. Apparently Nicole smiled at the wrong time and she was all nefarious last week trying to paint Nick and Bella in a bad light. Tommy joins and they discuss the plan for the NINE to stay together. Tommy says the three of them are in the same position. Sam plays along and they play up their “Flaming Five” alliance with Nick and Bella.

Nicole and Cliff discussing that the members of Gr8ful are clearly all a group but that they’re basically helpless against it. Nicole discusses the likelihood that she gets framed for the vote. Cliff says he’ll try and push Kat as a target but that “they” only talk game with him to tell him who to vote for. They agree it was a vote meant to frame her. Nicole is pissed she didn’t see the big picture sooner but its all crystal clear now. She feels trapped because Nick and Bella are talking about targeting the Jacks but if they’re all working together then whatever she does she’s betraying one of them.

Kemi is ranting too Sam. Its all random “he said, she said” but the gist is that Jackson told her a bunch of stuff that turned her against Bella and “why would he lie to me?” gently caress these people are stupid. Kemi rants more and Sam humors her. “Its just loving annoying.” I agree, Kemi.

Jack telling Christie about Ana’s insecurities. Christie doesn’t want her to feel that way o robe hurt. Blah blah blah. Jack, “It just needs to be understood, you’re my final 1, she’s not.” Really? That needs to be understood? Jack, “gently caress, she’s in the kitchen. gently caress.”

Kemi’s ranting to Nicole now. Nicole points out the 8 to Kemi. Kemi tells Nicole that Bella told her Christie heard the Cliff Notes and knows about The Fellowship of the Zing. “I didn’t want to worry you.” Nicole points out that this is bad and she needs to find a way to blow them up. Kemi says the couples are together but she doesn’t think they’re tight because all the back and forth doesn’t make sense. Nicole suggest that Kemi call out that Nick called Holly a bitch and set them against each other. Kemi says she’s going to talk to Holly tonight. poo poo talking the HOH is always a solid strategy, but i guess she can’t be nominated. Kemi boasts that she just “exposed their whole game” to Sam. Oh, Kemi. Nicole suggesting Kemi call a House Meeting and just air all the poo poo the couples have said against each other and hope it all blows up.

Bella’s worked up about something and telling Nick but its impossible to hear her over the sounds of the kitchen. I THINK they agree not to go after Jack. I still say what matters is how Sam handles this.

Nicole tells Kemi she’s pissed at herself because she old Holly and Ana stuff Nick and Bella told her this week and thinks she’ll go up. Kemi complaining about Bella more. Nothing Kemi does will matter because she’s too laser focused on Nick and Bella and they have the HOH. No one will turn against them this week and they have the power. If you want to bust up that group you need to turn Nick and Bella against the Jack Offs, not the other way around. She and Nicole just can’t see that because they’re too emotional.

Jackson tells Jack he threw the pinky vote. Jack calls him brilliant. Jackson couldn’t resist hearing him praise him.

Nicole alone complains some more to the feeds that she made stupid mistakes she should know because she knows this show. “Why am I such an idiot?” She says she got hung up on personal stuff and her need to fit in and missed the big picture and now she’s screwed. Nicole’s kind of spiraling out trying tp figure out the dynamics. She’s like 75% right but its mostly there. She again has no idea what to say to Nick and Bella since if if she tells them what Holly and Ana said it shows her betraying them but if she doesn’t it shows he betraying Nick/Bella. She doesn’t get why Nick/Bella tried to flip the vote.

Nicole: New Yawkers will stab you in the front. Long Islanders will sneak up behind you and stab you in the back.

Ana worrying to Tommy that she’ll get backdoored this week because Ana makes everything about her. Ana says she feels like she’s on the bottom of the alliance(s) and needs to win something to get a voice.

Jack and Christie talking Ana’s insecurities and blah blah blah. Jackson joins. Christie basically says Ana’s made her bed but she doesn’t want anyone to say something because she might get emotional and come at her. Christie says Jack needs to lay low this week. Christie brings up Ana saying he was being “cocky and arrogant” and bringing down his stuff from HOH and saying “I just have to move it back next week.” Jackson leaves. Jack, “I don’t want to do this.” Christie tells him he made his bed. They both agree to “chill a little.”

Jack: But I ain’t gonna change. gently caress that!

Ana telling Tommy she doesn’t think Nicole was the vote but it could have been Cliff. Tommy says it would take a bold move and all the bold players are in their alliance. Ana says it could have been one of them too gently caress with people. Tommy agrees and says its stupid and they should just let go and not let it gently caress with them. Tommy says if someone tries to blame it on someone else, that’s who did it. You know, like Jackson pushing that Nicole did it. Tommy says he doesn’t want to talk about who he suspects it is because then it can come back on him.

Tommy is reminding me of Danny Nucci.

Jack joins and they ask who he thinks is the vote. “Nicole, easy.” Neither agree and say they think it was one of them. Jack, “It would be a ballsy move. He’d probably have to be the best player to do it.” Tommy says he did it but Jack denies. Jack keeps saying it was Nicole and seems super suspicious but Tommy realizes Jack didn’t vote. Jack says Nicole was begging Holly and Ana to vote to keep Kemi. Ana says she was campaigning, not begging. Jack’s rambling some nonsense about how Nicole did it to frame Nick and Bella or something. He has everyone confused. They agree to forget it and Jack gloats that Kemi “kicked Nick and Bella back in our alliance for a week.” They say they’d be stupid tomato a move on them this week.

My toe hurts and I’m sick of listening to Jack.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just listening to the Nick, Bella, Sam talk.

They’ve already figured out that Jackson threw the hinky vote since he’s pushing so hard that its Nicole. Nick notes that he’s never talked game with Jackson and he was all over him as soon as HOH ended. Nick figures Kemi told them that he said he’d backdoor Jack.

Sam: Are we doing that?
Nick: No, no. We’re not doing that.
Sam: Guess we’ll wait for my HOH. Naw, I wouldn’t do it. That’s too bloody.
Bella: No one wants to do it.
Sam: Someone’s going to have to do it eventually, but… we’ll worry about that later.

Thats basically the vibe of the talk. Sam dancing around the idea, Nick shooting it down.

Bella tells Sam how panicked the cool kids were after HOH. She says Ana “looked sick” and it made her nervous. Bella says Jess immediately did damage control with her so she figures she must have been pushing for Bella to go up hard (yep) and she figures Jack was fueling that (yep). Nick repeats how all over him Jackson has been and they must think he’d put them up “which I’d never do, I’d backdoor them”. Nick’s back on the hinky vote and how Jackson is pushing Nicole so hard that it was probably him.

Tommy arrives and agrees with the Jackson assessment and that Ana had the same thought. Nick tells him the Jacks keep pushing Nicole and the vote. Nick says he’s probably putting up Cliff and Jess. Sam asks if Nicole is with them. Nick says Nicole needs to tell him why Kemi is so mad at him. Nick was worried after Kemi’s speech that the vote was going to be flipped on them. Tommy says the vote doesn’t matter and just let them pin it on Nicole. Nick and Bella don’t want Nicole or Kat to go up. Sam asks if taking out Cliff is just doing someone else’s dirty work. Nick says no one’s coming after him right now. Sam says Jess. Nick says he promised Kat she wouldn’t go up because she ratted out some Jess stuff to him. Tommy seems kind of skeptical about Kat’s info but Nick says Kat’s alone and looking for a place to land. Sam asks if Jess could know Kat would leak it and be lying. Nick says Kat said Jess is scared of him and thinks he wouldn’t go home. That’s sounds like complete bullshit but Nick is buying it because it feeds his ego. Sam tries to convince him Jess and Kat are capable of lying but Nick just dismisses it. Nick’s terrible and it says a lot about this cast that he’s one of the people I’m hoping for.

Tommy goes into the shower. Nick says he doesn’t want to put up Nicole but he made a promise for “the nine” and Jack kept to it last week. Bella says Jack is nervous but Nick dismisses it and says he was nervous last week too. Sam says “those four” are freaking out but Nick says Holly said they were celebrating. Nick says he’s not mad at Jack being nervous because “he’s the biggest threat to my game, and i’m the biggest to his.” This is all Nick’s ego. Nick says if he wins a power that lets him hijack noms he’d put up the Jacks.

Nicole breaks up the talk. It didn’t seem like it was going anywhere. Sam was obviously trying to push Nick there and Bella was kind half way but Nick doesn’t seem to even be considering it.

Anyway, Nick, Sam, and Bella all assure Nicole they don’t think she made the vote and someone is setting her up. Nick says either Cliff did it or Kat just screwed up and voted for the wrong person. Nick’s such an rear end in a top hat. Nick asks why Kemi is so mad at him and thinks he’s playing both sides. Nicole doesn’t want to get in the middle but says Kemi thinks they threw her under the bus to Jack (which they did). Nick says Jack has been targeting Kemi since Week 1 because she insulted his cooking (this is also true). Nicole says Kemi just wanted to take people down. Nick and Bella complain that they were both up and crying for Kemi that night she went missing and was upset. Bella says she doesn’t even want an apology and doesn’t want to be her friend. Now Nick’s just boasting about his awesome throw. I hate Nick.

Kat asking David why he was annoyed earlier. David was annoyed because Jackson said there was no food in the house and there’s a ton of steaks and meat in the freezer and Jackson had just put four chicken breasts in the kitchen for himself. David dismisses it. He just doesn’t like Jackson because Jackson’s an rear end.

Kat is joking with Ovi and Jackson that she’s waiting for Brett to call her after the game. Kat asks Jackson if he was Brett would he be all over her? Jackson says that goes unanswered. Kat says she doesn’t know what the answer is. “What, just because Week 1 wasn’t live on feeds it didn’t happen?” “What happened?” Jackson leaves.

Holly and Jackson asked Nick to borrow the HOH shower for some shower sex. Kat encouraged Holly. Holly and Jackson are gross and its a shake Kat is weirdly mature about it.

Ana tells Tommy she threw HOH and she’s not telling anyone else, even Holly and Christie. No one cares, Ana. Tommy says this HOH doesn’t matter and none do until Double Eviction. That’s an incredibly arrogant position. Ana says Sam is smart and she’s glad he’s on their side. Sam joins and tells some incomprehensible story about Nicole. The gist seems to be that she’s not a threat. This talk is esoteric and pointless. Sam doesn’t trust these people and they’re in like 3 alliances without him.

David, Ovi, and Kemi speculating on what the Camp Comeback endgame is. Kemi thinks a houseguest vote would “completely compromise the integrity of the game.” Ovi says it would be totally unfair to David. Kemi, “They would never do it.” Kemi doesn’t understand this game at all. “People would hate this season and production would never let that happen.” Yeah, never. Kemi also thinks giving America the vote would be too much power and America has never had that kind of power. Ovi corrects her that they’ve done big stuff like that before. Kemi rambles about how they only vote for powers but not direct affects on people’s games. Nonsense that Kemi thinks is sage.

Ok, Nick, bella, and Sam Rd 2.

Nick says he’s not putting Nicole up because she’d never put any of them up (ehhhhh). Nick asks if “Jack and them” would have hosed up if they had won HOH this week. Sam thinks Kemi did a lot of damage but probably not this week, so he can win back trust this week. Bella says her or Sam need to win next week to be safe, Nick adds Christie. Nick says Kemi could have told them a lot of poo poo and he would have if he was her. Nick says he’s not too worried because he was telling the cool kids everything he said to Kemi. Bella laughs at him that he’s acting surprised that Kemi said he was playing both sides when he clearly is. Nick says he’s mad that she did it publicly, for some dumb reason. It’s a tv show, Nick. Nick asks who was worried when he won HOH, but then dismisses it again. Bella is surprised Ana was so scared and she was doing damage control. Nick again brings up how transparent Jackson’s rear end kissing and vote are. Sam says if Jackson wins HOH in a week or two he’ll gun for Sam. Nick just dismisses it to one of them needing to win at F9.

Ok, I’m over this. They’re just debating what to do at F9. Nick isn’t making the move and Sam doesn’t seem like ehe wants to drop the Gr8ful card even though he clearly hoped Nick would be in a different mindset. This week is hopeless unless someone throws a wildcard.

Bella asks Sam alone what he thinks is best for their game and Sam says its too early to take a shot. He’s worried about Gr8ful but hopeful that the F5 with Christie and Tommy is real. BB leaves this important game conversation but it seems clear where it was going.

At least its another free week without much reason to waste time watching feeds. Hopefully I won't be bed ridden.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Ratings for the show are good but they're beginning to tank a bit. Sure would be nice if the DR finally stepped in a bit to jazz up this poo poo show. They seem determined to protect their favorites though, even though most of the core audience hates them.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 12, 2019

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Casting just wasn't good this year. Even going in there weren't many people who had potential to be interesting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As always I think the house comes down to a couple of big personalties. This year its Jack, Christie, and maybe Tommy all trying to emulate Tyler's game and pushing the house to be complacent and ignore the game ad other recruits go along with it while "smarter" players try and lay low because "its early" and they figure they have enough connections to that core that they'll be able to ride it out.

And then there's my "Tylers and JCs" theory.
Basically everyone in the house has a deal with either Jack or Christie (and Tommy has sworn to everyone that he has their back) and that's our real problem. The Tylers (Jack, Christie, Tommy) cut their deals and make their promises and the JCs (basically everyone else) all see the outline of Level Six/Gr8ful and are worried about it but they trust that their deals with Tylers will cover them.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

As always I think the house comes down to a couple of big personalties. This year its Jack, Christie, and maybe Tommy
The problem with this is no one is particularly interesting. Jack is a pretty bully, Christie is just boring, Tommy is a stereotype.

Too bad BB always falls into this trap of looking like they will do interesting things (Christie and Tommy knowing each other? What else is going on?) and then just abruptly drop them. The game should be non-stop twists. Wacky stuff like the comp where the house gets trashed and Zingbot and lovely punishments should be the norm not the exception. I haven't been paying too much attention but are there even have nots?

edit: the most interesting person is David. He's at least trying to raise the alarm that if you aren't in the annual giant alliance, you are a target of them. If you aren't running (Jack) or tight (Holly, Ana, Jackson) with the annual giant alliance, you'll be a pawn at some point, if not the actual target when there is not enough resistance from the other side to do anything about it.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 13, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I didn't mean "big personalties" in terms of entertaining TV characters. I mean there's always a few dominant personalities that shape the atmosphere and pace of the house and game. That's Jack and Christie even though they're such terrible characters that the show has to cut out like 75% of what they do to keep them from being cartoon villains.

Anyway, Whacktivity got played. Players were Christie, Ana, Nick, and Jess. Kemi would have been the 5th. Once again everyone's denying having won it. Feeds detectives are leaning towards Jess having won it based on who the cameras watch and that she contradicted herself on something. But Jess always contradicts herself on things so who knows?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christie told Tommy she has the power.

Its a Diamond Power of Veto, meaning she can take down someone and name their replacement.

She can use it anonymously for the next 4 weeks.

That's probably a wrap on the power flipping this season.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 13, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
loving hell. The worst possible people won all the loving powers. Although Jack should be pissed because his blows compared to Christie and Ovis

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You guys know that feeling, when you just want to tell your friend to get over and shut up about that time they were sexually assaulted because it happened so long ago when they were a kid.

https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/s...836752787574787

Ok, so noms have been made. Cliff and Jess are up. Cliff WAS the target but something just happened that apparently shifted the target to a Nicole backdoor. Why? I honestly don’t know. The feeds returned and the entire 9 cool kids were collected in the HOH room. The gist of it is that the two different sides of the Gr8ful alliance were comparing notes about how they’ve been playing Nicole against each other except they were spinning it so that Nicole was the evil mastermind playing 9 people against each other. Everyone in the group was screaming and jumping around and ranting like crazy. Ana was especially worked up. Cliff walked in at one point and Nick tossed him out. They convince themselves that Nicole was the mastermind behind turning Kemi against Nick/Bella, not all the people in the room. Ana calls her a “dumb bitch” and wants to confront her. Christie’s in the room so the same stuff gets repeated a lot. They decide that Nicole is a bully and they want to confront her but Christie decides if that 9 people yell at her she’ll say she’s being bullied so Christie should be the one to talk to her about it.

Nicole is telling Kat, Jess, and Kemi that she went up and Jackson told her “its a bad time” and slammed the door but then Jack walked past her and they let him in.

Nicole: I guess its a house meeting and I guess I’m not in the house.
Kat: Well gently caress me either.

At some point Ovi comes to the room and they won’t let him in. Ovi says its not cool for them to be kicking people out of the room or something. I’m not real sure.

https://twitter.com/VOMinorities/st...861275205275654

The cool kids all laugh at him and Jack makes animal noises. Christie complains that Ovi complained to them earlier that they don’t talk game with the Camp Comebackers but one of them is coming back in the game. Christie and Tommy told Ovi and David to call a house meeting and have a vote to “remove” the “rule” that no one can talk to them. Jackson wants to blow the house up. Jack is just making noises and doing weird things.

Sam is the only person in the room who seems to not be in some kind of frenzy. Christie announces that “this deserves an official name” and they deem themselves the “Undeniable Nine” which becomes the Unde9able. Which they then SCREAM at the top of their voices. I'd be very curious to hear Sam's inner monologue at this point.

Kat then arrives and they actually let her in. She’s pretty and white.

The cool kids are now out of HOH and taking over the kitchen. David - being a cool motherfucker - isn’t exactly hiding that poo poo just got real weird. Jackson gives a line of spiel about how much he needs David back in the game and how good they are. Its amazing how smooth Jackson thinks he is, almost amazing as Kemi falling for it last week. There’s a lot of “What?” “I didn’t say nothing” happening between David and Gr8ful people.

David ends up in the storage room with Christie and Jack and asks “What did you guys do to Ovi?” (like "I'm joking", but really not for real?) Christie snaps on David (again, like "we're cool" but also really not) and says they were talking game and Ovi isn’t allowed to talk game. David’s like “Whaaaa?” and Christie says that David and Ovi should call a meeting and they can vote one whether to change that “rule,” Jack, “This ain’t communism, bro.” Christie ranting about how Ovi threatened them and she and Jack say David’s been playing this perfectly and Ovi “should have kept his mouth closed.” David says he told him he should have stayed out of it. Jack, “Ovi wanted game for Camp Comeback? Well he got it and you received it.”

https://twitter.com/CattyJargon/sta...866597093236736

Ovi breaks this up and Christie leaves. Ovi asks if Jack if they can have a word. Jack very reluctantly agrees. Ovi asks if anything is wrong. “For you? No. I can’t touch you, right? You’re in Camp Comeback.” Jack is being a total dick and Ovi ain’t fooled. Nicole shows up so things get more awkward. Jack says they’ll probably have a house talk this week and Ovi will find out what’s going on. Nicole asks if she’s going to find out. Jack, “You might. I don’t know.”

Nicole: What the hell is going on?

Nicole complains that no one is talking to her. David advises her to play it cool, control her emotions, pick her moments. “Just hold it in, and be ok. That’s the hardest thing to do.” It basically sounds like the advice David has probably been delivered in life because of the color of his skin. Nicole leaves and David tells Ovi the same thing and says Ovi let his emotions get the best of him. Ovi says he messed up. Jack interrupts like a total douchebag yelling and singing. After he leaves Ovi asks if Christie is mad at him. David, “they’re not worried about Camp Comeback.” David says he was trying to calm down the situation and try and clean up for Ovi and kill the awkwardness. Ovi says he just felt bad for Nicole and Cliff and had to say something and David says Ovi can’t speak for others and it might hurt their games. “I just couldn’t help it.” David says it sucks. David says Ovi just has to go out there, be himself, and let everything “defuse” and apologize to people if necessary.

Gr8ful (or Unde9able) have taken over the kitchen area and are still openly talking about it and being dickheads, making things uncomfortable awkward for everyone else.

Nicole’s a mess. Cliff advising her to just treat it as a game but Nicole says no one is even talking to her like a human being. Cliff says even if “they” aren’t willing to be decent she should be the “better man” and try not to let it get to her. David continues to be a cool motherfucker and checks in on Nicole and Cliff. David asks if they’re going to come out and Cliff says “they won’t chase me away.” David does his same “keep your cool, control your emotions, get some power” speech.

Jackson and Holly hug and Jackson says they “dodged a bullet.” They ask if they played it off well. It sounds like the whole mess started by Nicole outing to Nick and Bella the stuff Jackson and Holly were saying against Nick/Bella and they just managed to spin it around. Jackson, “They got caught they can’t do anything, we got caught we can’t do anything.” Holly is going to try and figure out where Kat is at. Jackson says he’s gonna quit pushing the pinky vote. They make out some.

Nicole is crying by herself and talking to the feeds. It’s what you’d expect. She’s hosed, she knows it, and people are treating her like poo poo. Which just sucks.

Ovi also has a private moment with the cameras where he’s trying to get control of himself in the storage room as the sounds of the cool kids ranting and raving can be heard.

Ana: Oh that dumb bitch. I literally want to grab her by the face…

So there you go, guys. Nicole is the new evil lying bitch of BB21.

BB21’s star.

https://twitter.com/hannah_hcb/stat...869123406635008

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 13, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I flashbacked to 5:25 PM. Tommy, Jack and Christie are talking game and Ovi walks into the room and sits down. Jack says “To be honest, I’m balls deep in game talk so you gotta go.” Christie says she hates that they “have” to say that. Ovi rather politely says he loves them and he means no disrespect but someone is coming back from Camp Comeback and if they refuse to talk game with him it puts him in a weird position because other people are talking game with him. Christie says those people are disrespectful. Huh? I think Christie may really think it’s a game rule. Like they have the power to institute actual game rules. Tommy suggests that Camp Comebackers call for a vote to amend the rule and allow them to talk game. WHAT THE gently caress AM I LISTENING TO!?!? BB jumps to kittens right after this so noms must have started.

I loving hate these people and I really have a hard time seeing myself renewing my sub in the 21st.

Also I really want to post this article in the main show thread but I don’t know if it pushes the lines of feed/spoiler talk. There’s so much that the show isn’t airing this year that its really hard to talk about the game in there without saying something that hasn’t been on tv.

https://twitter.com/realityblurred/status/1149657684808855554

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Ugh, there’s been a lot of unpleasant stuff with this show in the last five years or so but I can’t remember a nadir like this. They thought Camp Comeback would be a good twist but it’s made things worse. David is doing all he can to make the most of his second chance and it’s not going to matter, even if he makes it back. Cool kids v outcasts has been a running theme the last few years but this is aggressively ugly. Usually production has a few tricks to change a runaway narrative but I don’t even know what they do now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, so here's what I think happened.

- Last week Nick and Bella were trying to push Nicole into going against Holly and Ana this week if she won HOH.
- Also last week Holly, Ana, and Jackson were pushing Nicole to go against Nick and Bella if she won HOH.
- In the course of these conversations Nicole was foolishly too honest with both sides as she wasn't sure who to trust. Unfortunately she trusted Tommy who led her to say that she felt "interrogated" and "bullied."
- Sam hinted to Nicole about the 8 and suddenly she realized that she hosed up talking to both sides of that and if they're an alliance then she was trapped between them.
- Nicole decided to tell Bella and Nick about the cool kids pushing them as targets. This was 100% true, but appeared to happen off feeds around noms or the Whacktivity.
- Bella confronted Tommy about this and Tommy lied to protect Gr8ful.
- Somehow all of Gr8ful were brought together and Jackson and Holly were confronted on the very true fact that they were targeting Nick and Bella. They spun it as lies Nicole created and threw back the stuff Nicole had told them about Nick and Bella.
- Tommy introduced the "interrogated" and bully" stuff that he put in Nicole's mouth and everyone lost their minds.
- That's when the feeds came back and everyone was in a deranged frenzy and calling Nicole evil.

So Nicole got trapped between the two sides of Gr8ful targeting each other and trying to use her to do their dirty work, they got caught and both sides spun it out on Nicole to save face and Tommy spurred up the mob with his manipulations to help unify Gr8ful against a mutual enemy. And Christie because that's Christie's game.

I just caught Christie and Tommy telling Nicole a very selectly edited version of what happened in the HOH. Nicole rightly calls it bullshit that she wasn't allowed in the room to defend herself or giver her side. Christie and Tommy offer a bunch of bullshit excuses about high emotions and blah blah blah. I should give more details but I'm completely disgusted by these people and especially their treatment of Nicole.

Afterwards Unde9able called a meeting to debrief and complain more about Nicole. Any excuse for Christie to hold court and talk more and for the cool kids to act self righteous and martyred.

Nicole broke down badly and Kat comforted her. Tommy and Christie got to her and she’s worried she’s the “house villain” and a bad person, which Kat assures her she isn’t and things change fast in the house. Nicole correctly points out that she’s screwed because if she tries to correct the issue with either side the other side will just deny it.

Nicole: They screwed over Ovi, hard. They screwed over Kemi, hard.

Ana’s complaining to Tommy about Jack wearing Christie’s necklace or something. Somehow Ana manages to do this EVERY TIME some other drama is happening. Almost like she wants the attention. Tommy suggests that Jack is deliberately doing it to try and push Ana away for their games. Ana whines about how much it upsets her and how she distanced from Christie now. Tommy says everyone loves everyone. Ana says she sees no future with Jack so she rather just be friends “who hook up sometimes.”

Nicole tells Kat that Bella came to her and said “Jack and Michie say you’re the rogue vote and want you gone”, which is totally true. That seems to be what started all of this. Nicole explains to Kat the clear cool kid hierarchy with kat being outside the bubble. Kat seems receptive to it. “I’m not an idiot.” Nicole thinks Bella set her up, which probably isn’t true, but is a reasonable assumption. Bella’s much more sloppy than manipulative. Kat stays an open ear and reassuring friend as Nicole vents and tries to work through things. I hope Kat doesn’t betray this but I have a bad

Nicole: Problem is I went to one side about the other side, and I still had nobody so I went back to this side… so I’m officially one of those people who are playing both sides of the house… but I wasn’t playing both sides I was just communication with both sides so I could figure out where I fit in.
Kat: I know. Trust me, I of all people know exactly.

Jackson and Holly have joined Tommy and Ana so Tommy fills them in on the Nicole talk. Turns out Kemi tricked Christie into the room and then split. That’s funny. Tommy says he told Nicole that if she had been let into HOH she would have “been ripped apart.” Jackson asks if “we should be putting people on blast”? Tommy says they just spin it as “they” (Nick and Bella, I guess). Tommy says Nicole is crying and he feels bad. Holly says she feels bad too “but” it makes her a target and gives them an easy week. Jackson agrees that its better to be a dick and set up and sacrifice Nicole over being human.

Holly: My heart doesn’t want to say that and it feels unnatural even saying that… but game wise…

Tommy voices concern that both sides will have the same stories but Cliff comes in to go to bed so the conversation awkwardly fades out.

Nicole continues to cry and vent to Kat. At the same time Ana’s saying she feels bad for Nicole so she asks Christie to go be there for her. Because Ana can’ t actually do it? We get fish for some reason and when we get back Kemi, Ana, and Holly are checking up on Nicole. Nicole says “kudos to them on great gameplay” and Kat gives her a nice pep talk about focusing on her being a good person (but you know, you might get backdoored in the game soon). Holly says on a personal level everyone loves her “but on a game level I don’t know what the gently caress.” That was less comforting. Holly drapes an arm over Nicole and calls herself a “big sister.”

Jess and Jackson are elsewhere saying that Nicole’s insecurities are messing with her.
Jackson: She didn’t do anything. You didn’t do anything. But you’re up.
Jess: Well she’s not up.
Jackson: Well… no… but I think she knows…

Bella tells Christie that after the Kemi and Nicole thing she needs some time without something blowing up in her face. Christie says that’s fair if she’s burnt out and needs time. Yeah, but… Nicole has to talk to people before she gets backdoored.

Ana: I have to go brush my hair because its getting really gross, but I love you and we can talk about this tomorrow.
Nicole: I’m so sorry.
Ana: Don’t be sorry. It’s fine. So many emotions. I cry too when I’m upset.

Tommy is trying to explain his version of events to Bella but they’re both confused because Tommy’s game has gotten complicated. Sam joins. Tommy says he thinks Nicole is going to try and throw them under the bus and work with “the other side.” Tommy says this is all a mess but he has their back. Bella says sticking with the majority just makes sense for game sense. The feeds actually leave this to show Ana brushing her hair. Maybe they thought it was just an excuse to go talk to someone else?

Bella pulls Christie and Jack into the Tommy and Sam talk so they can all get their stories straight. Bella is planning out the “honest’ conversation they’re going to have with Nicole and Christie volunteers herself to be the neutral party in the room. Bella sends Tommy to go get Nicole out of her bed to have the meeting now.

Tommy asks Nicole if she wants to get out of bed to go talk to Bella. Nicole says Bella was nasty to her earlier so she’s not in the right place. Kat encourages her to go talk so she doesn’t wrestle with it all night. Nicole asks Kat and Tommy to be part of it, but Kat doesn’t think she should be but she does give some advice on how to handle it. Nicole says its going to dig a deeper hole and Bella is going to start screaming.

Holly and Ana saying they don’t trust Nick and Bella. Then Ana asks Holly if she had fun with Jackson in the shower. Holly, “Where are the cameras?”

Bella has come to Nicole with Tommy mediating. Nicole says she came to Bella in confidence and put her trust in her and she doesn’t feel there was a need for it to go to the rest of the house. Bella says she felt the need to fact check the stuff she said with other people she had connections with and things that didn’t make sense to her. Bella basically says the big “house” meeting happened by chance and people got angry. Bella is being terrible and says Nicole had “the audacity” to share with Nick and then try and get him nominated which is “disgusting.” and swearing on her grandmother’s life “and then Christie told me your grandmother was dead.” Nicole’s been quite but interjects that she said “grandmother’s grave” and Tommy confirms. Bella jumps past that and says Nicole was “spoon-feeding lies” to her and called Nick and her “bullies”. Bella’s rambling and throwing a million accusations and insults at Nicole. “I think its disrespectful to this game, I think it dishonors what you bring into the game, and I don’t need it.” Bella says given all that she doesn’t want to have a one on one with her, doesn’t trust her, and never wants to have this discussion again. Nicole hasn’t been able to say anything yet and laughs at the absurdity of it. Bella says she’s not here to listen. Nicole, “So you were just here to plant a lie.” Bella starts to get WORSE and Tommy ends this.

Bella leaves. Tommy apologizes and says he didn’t want it to go this way “but let it marinate” and “its a process.” He says Nick is less emotional so maybe she’ll get a chance to speak to him and again apologizes for how that went. Nicole says despite all the lies Bella said she let her speak and didn’t interrupt her. Nicole points out all the nasty stuff she said. Nicole says its fair she brought the Kemi situation because “there’s a common denominator.” Tommy wants out.

Bella is ranting to cool kids (and Jess) about what a monster Nicole is and how she has no regrets in the game. Tommy joins and says Bella was very well spoken and said nothing over the line. He says the grandma thing might have been misconstrued because she DID say “grave” and not “life.” Bella is ranting more and making a really strong case for her being the worst of a bad bunch.

Nicole tells Kemi that Bella is crazy. Nicole runs off all the insults Bella threw at her including the grandma stuff. Nicole’s NY comes out and says if Bella wants to start pulling her family into it she will “get thrown out of the game punching ups in the face.” Nicole’s fired up. Nicole calls her immature and Bella says she can’t even form coherent sentences.

Bella tells Nick about how Nicole laughed at her (she laughed after 10 minutes of Bella ranting and then saying “I’m not here to listen”). Nick calls her Vanessa Russo. He “diagnoses” her as a sociopath. Feeds skip out at that point. Nicole wants to talk out what she can do next but Kemi’s kind of just focused on how crazy Bella is and how she’s imploding her game.

Tommy telling Jack and Christie that he convinced Bella that she’s coming off as the villain so he convinced her not to have a big group talk, which is best for all of them so they can brush it all off on Nicole and Bella. Christie says Nicole probably told lies but Bella did too. Talk switches to noms. Jack thinks Jess has the 3rd power and its POV related. Jacks’ told them about his power but they’re not telling him about Christie’s. Christie says Nick and Bella will want Nicole out but she still wants Cliff out. She’s got some theory about Cliff will kill the Double Eviction HOH.

Nick is telling Tommy that he considered putting the Jacks up after Nicole told them her stuff but knew he couldn’t do it without talking to Sam, Christie, and Tommy. The two rant a whole bunch about Nicole. Nick says she hosed herself because she was safe this week. They’re ranting like crazy and think Nicole is an evil mastermind who is fabricating tears, convinced Kemi to give her eviction speech, and has orchestrated everything against them. Nick is completely frantic. He declares that he’s done talking to everyone in the house but the 9 and Kat. Bella likes Kat.

Ok, I need to stop and sleep. Why am I still watching these assholes? What’s wrong with me?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's a small touch of Bella's "talk" with Nicole last night.

https://twitter.com/VOMinorities/st...945092930596865

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 13, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV players picked. Jess picked Christie, because she’s an idiot. Cliff picked Kat, because he’s an idiot. No clear indication of who the 6th player is but it’s not Nicole. Nick is dead set on backdooring her. Nicole is not stupid and knows that.

Christie told Jack she has the Diamond POV.

Christie, Tommy, and Jack named their F3 “Lots of Love”. Because they don’t understand the meaning of “irony.”

Nicole told Cliff that Christie heard his Cliff Notes (Bella told her during the brief moment last night where they were trusting each other and being honest before all hell broke loose). Cliff in turned groveled to Jack to save himself.

This happens a LOT.
https://twitter.com/bbclipshow/stat...095624781619200

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I am surprised CBS even let that happen. The first 3 eliminated players were the 3 brownest, and Jessica is not far behind them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seemed like they might have been in Christie's ear about it. She was bringing up the optics of sending Kemi out after David when she was having her meltdown about it. But they usually cut away when anyone started to expand on it.

They also definitely said something to Jackson because he freaked out for awhile and he's spoken of "the optics" a bunch of times. And he and Kat had an exchange that basically went "They're trying to spin it into a racism thing./America always will."

And maybe they tried with Jack. They gave him a warning about his Kemi ranting and he was transparently trying to bullshit how much he loved and respected Kemi last week.

But ultimately when you tell an rear end in a top hat that they might be doing something racist their instinct is usually to say "gently caress you, you're the real racist." If they were people open to listening to critcism and reflecting on themselves they probably wouldn't be the people they are.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Man, I really didn't think the completely ridiculous mob mentality poo poo could coalesce in this way, this early, without the direction of returning figurehead like Paul, but man was I wrong.

CBS and the producers don't seem to care either. They readily gobble that poo poo up, edit it, and spit it out all shiny and clean for mass consumption.

It's absolutely shameful. They really need to clean house. Robin Kass also always washes her hands of her part in it at the beginning of every season. Robin, try harder. It's loving obvious you and your team expand as little as effort as possible to vet most of these fucks. The producers have a say in who gets picked, but you're the one who brings these assholes to them. It's not one "bad apple". Over half the cast is terrible.

I guess ultimately we deserve this. The world is falling to poo poo, where empathy and patience are foreign words that no longer have meaning. Big Brother is now just more readily reflecting this state.

CBS needs to consider putting the Houseguests through a bias and mob mentality training seminar before the seasons start.

Teek fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 14, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everything's apparently blowing up again tonight, but I'm watching Luchasaurus KICK loving rear end and having a really great time watching wrestling for the first time in years. So I'm not ruining that by turning on the feeds.

I'll just give you this.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...220148873187328

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The last 6-7 seasons it seems like we are happy there are no returning vets, but then a few weeks in it's "ugh, maybe they need a vet in there." But then, the attractive, young, and unemployed demographic isn't our finest.

^^gently caress yeah Luchasaurus and Jungle boy were great

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've said it before, I think veterans introduce a fundamental "mature" aspect to things because they've experienced how easily people can lose control and perspective so they try and keep things from getting there too quickly. Unless its just Paul who strives on that poo poo.

I was really hoping the rumors of Camp Counselors would turn out to be true this season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Speaking of Austin, was season 17 the last decent season? I think so. I can't really recall anything bad in it. Vanessa got a bit nuts, but it was mostly game related nuts, which is at least a bit more understandable.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think I'm done with this season and these gross people. A therapist suggesting somebody's lying about their mental illness is vile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB17 COULD have gotten mean. There was a cool kid majority at the start and Jason, Meg, Jeff, Jackie, Clay, and Shelli all seemed clearly capable of it. But Vanessa and Austin managed to flip things and the power shifted enough and with enough crazy twists and turns that I don't think there was ever the time for things to really get bad.

There were moments with Vanessa/Jeff and Vanessa/Becky. And Clay and James nearly "fought." And lets not forget Aubry. But the mob mentality never had enough momentum to develop.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
So it seems like people are siding with Nicole
and understanding that Bella does lie and twist everything. Christie and Jack explicitly saying they want to keep Nicole, Christie going so far as to say she won’t vote her out even if she’s a lone vote. Something encouraging, at least

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not really siding.

The 6 Sh66ters KNOW Nicole is being set up because they're the ones who set her up. Nicole told the truth that they were plotting against Nick and Bella. They were exposed. They lied and set up Nicole to take the heat from Nick and Bella.

They don't give a single poo poo about Nicole. THEY did this. But they recognize that there's no reason to vote Nicole out when she's 100% gunning for Nick and Bella. Nick and Bella might not be happy about that but they don't have any real social power in the game. They've been destroying all of it with this kind of behavior. At this stage even Sam might ditch them.

Plus Christie and Tommy are probably savvy enough to realize they can spin this in the DR as Nick and Bella being the villains and them being the voices of reason who save Nicole. Now BB gets its clean edit where they can ignore Jack, Christie, and Tommy's roles in this (and maybe Jackson, Holly, and Ana), ut it all on Nick and Bella, and make the people who set it all up look like the heroes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kat won POV.

I'm not gonna turn on feeds because gently caress those assholes, but she'll almost certainly use it on Jess and Nicole will go up. That sets up the scenario where Nick and Bella will want Nicole out and Christie has made it clear she wants Cliff out with Tommy and Jack backing her. I can't imagine Christie losing that fight. My only question is how Sam will handle things now that Nick and Bella are fully self destructing.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I’m surprised at how poorly CBS seem to be handling the cool kids alliance this year. Brett and Winston and level 6 had their fans, as did Cody and Jessica, but no one likes Gr8tful. Casuals don’t like them, live feed viewers particularly dislike them and for the first time seem united in their hatred of this group, but CBS is still trying to shove them down everyone’s throats, when all they are doing is killing enthusiasm for the show. They are not really catering to anyone with their edits. The way the season played out is also not really that much of a surprise given the houseguest profiles we got. The only deviation from expectations has been the same the last 2 years - the gay woman is part of the cool kids alliance while the pretty blonde Texan girl is not.

What really drags this season down is how badly everyone wants to be one of the cool kids. We have had despicable houseguests plenty of times, but this year everyone wants to be one of the cool kids even when it’s clear they are not part of them. In prior years the outcasts figure out that they are outcasts and band together.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Credit" to that probably goes to Christie, Tommy, and Co keeping up this whole "Gratitude" attitude in the house. Its a very strange, culty atmosphere. They're absolutely ostracizing and bullying players but they make a concentrated effort to include everyone in the action and present it as a "house feeling." Like the whole insane "Camp Comeback can't talk to people" thing. They've managed to get it to a place where they act indignant if anyone dares "disrespect the house/game" by questioning it. Or like Christie was ranting tonight that Kemi had the audicity to sit down in "Christie's room" when Kemi has "her own room", the segregated camp upstairs.

David picked up on that IMMEDIATELY when he was trying to deprogram people and point out that when Jack, Christie, and Tommy say "the house", they don't mean the house, they mean themselves and their alliance. But the powerful voices in the house are so adamant about it and so many people go along with it that everyone else is scared to speak out.

I'll never really get over them not airing that bullying House Meeting and how they literally threatened every HG to promise not to speak to David in the HOH room at the HOH's request before noms. That summed up this house so completely and CBS is deadset on not showing that side of things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, Kaitlyn hosted the POV.

I feel like the fact that CBS is so big on bringing back the BB20 cast should be a big warning sign to us.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Maybe, just maybe, the DR will put the fear of God into Nick and he'll do something crazy/dumb and put up Jack as the replacement nominee. I mean, there's an outside shot he could see that putting up Nicole would be useless, so maybe he could be talked into taking his Jack shot now.

I know I'm probably foolish, but man that would certainly be a way to kickstart this season and turn it around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He can't do it. Nick and Bella have made such messes of their games and burned so much good will and social power that they don't have anyone left but Gr8ful and Sam. A week or so ago when they had Kemi and Nicole on their sides it was an option. Now they've taken it away from themselves with their behavior.

And sadly this probably makes next week pointless. Short of a David HOH it seems obvious that everyone will either do Nick/Bella or Jess/Nicole or Cliff. And even if David won his way back in and won HOH and made the move we need putting Jack and Christie up... Christie has a Diamond POV.

Its why my only real curiosity at this stage is what the hell Sam does. He can't rely on this Nick/Bella/Christie/Tommy alliance once Christie and Tommy make clear their intent to go against Nick and Bella's wishes on the votes. I think he's smart enough to realize staying hunkered down with Nick and Bella after all this is toxic. He's gotta know he's screwed if he goes down with Gr8ful without Nick and Bella. So what the hell does he do?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 14, 2019

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Teek posted:

Maybe, just maybe, the DR will put the fear of God into Nick and he'll do something crazy/dumb and put up Jack as the replacement nominee. I mean, there's an outside shot he could see that putting up Nicole would be useless, so maybe he could be talked into taking his Jack shot now.

I know I'm probably foolish, but man that would certainly be a way to kickstart this season and turn it around.

It does seem like Christie and co trying to save Nicole could be some line in the sand against Nick and Bella. Unfortunately, it feels like that won't come to light until after the Veto Ceremony. And even when it does come up, the other side of the house is too fractured and has too many ties to Christie or Jack that it feels unlikely a true counter alliance could form. And even if by some crazy miracle the stragglers do come together, Christie can always use the Diamond Power of Veto whenever they try to make their move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Maybe the scenario where Nick/Bella turn and a true counter-alliance looks like this: in an effort to preserve their pride and pass the blame, Nick/Bella end up blaming Jack for all of their problems and scapegoating him as the mastermind that made Nicole act crazy. Nicole and Cliff and the Camp Comebackers all seem smart enough and self-interested enough to humor Nick/Bella while they have power and a chance to get some numbers, and they all have their own Anti-Jack Cult Rally in the HoH room.

And then Jack gets evicted and immediately wins Camp Comeback and he and the 6 just win every HoH for the rest of the season except for one where Christie uses the DPoV.... :(