Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Oh for gently caress's sake.

(This was a bum rap but) This will make the way America chaos-dunked on sort-of-old-guy Admiral Stockdale look really tame by comparison. He won't even be aware he's at a debate, he'll wonder why he wasn't dropped at the supermarket like he thought he'd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Heh, Harris defending Pelosi after reaming Biden about racial insensitivity.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

(This was a bum rap but) This will make the way America chaos-dunked on sort-of-old-guy Admiral Stockdale look really tame by comparison. He won't even be aware he's at a debate, he'll wonder why he wasn't dropped at the supermarket like he thought he'd be.

It's possible, but he's on a livestream right now and he seems reasonably sharp. Totally possible that he's just on one of his good days, who knows, but if he's as sharp as he is right this minute, he'll be fine.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Gravel's far more lucid than Biden.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

He won’t be at the debate unless someone drops out or he gets a couple good polls. He’s the 21st candidate to qualify but only 20 candidates are making it. The tiebreaker is top three polls out of the list of reputable polls the DNC is using. Every other candidate has at least three polls at 1%, he has one.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
nice ageism lmao , Gravel will destroy the imperialists Biden , Warren and Harris .

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

They're going to need to significantly clear the minimum donor threshold to make it into the top 20.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

Gravel's far more lucid than Biden.

Right. You know me, the Biden stan. Isn't it OK if I want Biden, Gravel and Tulsi to all gently caress off together?

Pinterest Mom posted:

He won’t be at the debate unless someone drops out or he gets a couple good polls. He’s the 21st candidate to qualify but only 20 candidates are making it. The tiebreaker is top three polls out of the list of reputable polls the DNC is using. Every other candidate has at least three polls at 1%, he has one.

Yeah see I was wondering about that. Good. The system worked, again. Now tell the Chapo teens to get the gently caress off my lawn.

Punk da Bundo posted:

nice ageism lmao , Gravel will destroy the imperialists Biden , Warren and Harris .

He won't even get on stage. If he does, 100% chance he nods off at some point.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Why would anybody hate Gravel , the most anti war and principled person on stage besides Bernie and Marianne, makes no sense.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Right. You know me, the Biden stan. Isn't it OK if I want Biden, Gravel and Tulsi to all gently caress off together?

You're still wrong that just because Gravel is old that he wouldn't know where he was.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

You're still wrong that just because Gravel is old that he wouldn't know where he was.

It's a safe assumption.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Nope! His voice at the debates is actually pretty loving important.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

It's a safe assumption.

Why? Just because he's old and you don't like him?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

Why? Just because he's old and you don't like him?

That's part of it, yeah. Also because he thinks Jews did 9/11.

King of Solomon posted:

Right. I can't wait to hear about his last trip to The LensCrafters and Country Kitchen Buffet.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just continue to be confused at folks that watched that loving clowncar debate and think Gravel will be allowed to say anything.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

That's part of it, yeah. Also because he thinks Jews did 9/11.

He doesn't think that, but clearly you've already made up your mind and any amount of proof otherwise will just be ignored by you.

Edit: it is amazing how easily people will just lie and accuse candidates of anti-semitism

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

He doesn't think that, but clearly you've already made up your mind and any amount of proof otherwise will just be ignored by you.

Well he doesn't buy the story that the guys we have proof did it did it so that's usually a prelude to the Jews Did It thing so it just seemed like the logical next step.

Maybe at the debates he'll tell us what really brought down Building 7.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Well he doesn't buy the story that the guys we have proof did it did it so that's usually a prelude to the Jews Did It thing so it just seemed like the logical next step.

Maybe at the debates he'll tell us what really brought down Building 7.

See again you've just created your own little fantasy so that you can accuse Gravel of being anti-semitic based on 0 evidence.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Right. I can't wait to hear about his last trip to The LensCrafters and Country Kitchen Buffet.

What the gently caress is this? Dude is lucid. He'll talk about poo poo that matters. His voice will be far more relevant than Tim Ryan, or John Hickenlooper, or even idiots who are actually polling well like Harris or Buttigieg.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This guy saying unhinged stuff about Gravel is really sad , Gravel thinks Dick Cheney did 9/11, and he’s not unfounded that America has done tons of false flags.

Gravel hasn’t hurt anybody with imperialism like Biden , Harris , and Warren have .

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

What the gently caress is this? Dude is lucid. He'll talk about poo poo that matters. His voice will be far more relevant than Tim Ryan, or John Hickenlooper, or even idiots who are actually polling well like Harris or Buttigieg.

You're breaking my heart. Tell all those assholes to gently caress off too. I love that by making GBS threads on Gravel somehow I confer love for Tim Ryan on myself. Nice counter argument.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

You're breaking my heart. Tell all those assholes to gently caress off too. I love that by making GBS threads on Gravel somehow I confer love for Tim Ryan on myself. Nice counter argument.

Can you write you fan fiction where you make up Gravel saying anti-semetic things somewhere else?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

By making GBS threads on Gravel, particularly in the manner which you're doing it, all you're really doing is making yourself look like a huge rear end in a top hat.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

By making GBS threads on Gravel, particularly in the manner which you're doing it, all you're really doing is making yourself look like a huge rear end in a top hat.

Right. Let's all talk about how 9/11 was a false flag engineered by Dick Cheney instead, that will own those Centrists!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Right. Let's all talk about how 9/11 was a false flag engineered by Dick Cheney instead, that will own those Centrists!

Yeah, he's not going to do that. Even if he still believes that's true, he's not going to bring it up at the debate because it's completely loving irrelevant 18 years after the fact. He's instead going to talk about modern, relevant issues, like the tremendous harm we're inflicting upon the people in Central and South America.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

King of Solomon posted:

I didn't realize that the purpose of the debates was to hear random voices.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I gather you didn't watch the last two debates then.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just continue to be confused at folks that watched that loving clowncar debate and think Gravel will be allowed to say anything.

Even if he only answered one question it would probably still be a better use of our time than letting people like Hickenlooper and Yang talk lol.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

The problem is if you made it so every fellowship program had to be paid, you cut off the amount of people that can participate in such a program. I

Wow no way, if you pay your workers you don't get to take advantage of a ton of free labor, whodathunkit.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Think of all the people across our economy who don't get to get free "experience" because of the oppressive wage system where bosses have to pay for the labor they get qq

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Lightning Knight posted:

Even if he only answered one question it would probably still be a better use of our time than letting people like Hickenlooper and Yang talk lol.

Still not sure why folks (not you) ITT think this notion and mine are mutually exclusive.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pinky Artichoke posted:

ahh yes , a very influential leftist senator is a “random voice “ . but the other 18 people nobody knows who they are is more important ?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Still not sure why folks (not you) ITT think this notion and mine are mutually exclusive.

Who do you actually think should be at the debates? Everyone? No one but Bernie and Warren? Only the people polling at least 5%? What criteria are you actually running with?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pinky Artichoke posted:

yeah thats why they are grabbing literally random people off the street instead of putting requirements of needing 65,000 donors to demonstrate public support

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

Who do you actually think should be at the debates? Everyone? No one but Bernie and Warren? Only the people polling at least 5%? What criteria are you actually running with?

Only candidates who agree with forumsposter VH4Ever on a selected set of litmus issues

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

Dude I love how now the idea is "no, actually we need MORE than the 20 person shitshow we have now!!" because that's the only way Gravel gets in. Sure, 5% and above is worthwhile. But this is a clown car. You aren't going to tantrum me into seeing it any other way. Not when the current criteria lets the Crystal Lady and five redundant white guys get on stage.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Talk about making a mountain out of gravel.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Dude I love how now the idea is "no, actually we need MORE than the 20 person shitshow we have now!!" because that's the only way Gravel gets in. Sure, 5% and above is worthwhile. But this is a clown car. You aren't going to tantrum me into seeing it any other way. Not when the current criteria lets the Crystal Lady and five redundant white guys get on stage.

So if its a clown car why get so drat mad that Gravel might get his 5 minutes?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

So if its a clown car why get so drat mad that Gravel might get his 5 minutes?

It's pointless. But sure, knock yourselves out. But when Biden wins because we were loving around with retired old fossils now instead of having a more reasonable, non-absurd process to select the right candidate and we get him or 4 more years of Trump, don't come crying to me about wasted time dicking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crystal lady brought a million times more to the debate as bennett, tim ryan, swallwel, hickenlooper, delaney, de blasio, and moultoon did put together

gravel would as well