Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

rannum posted:

maybe it's a master class exclusive to Dimitri

I mean probably not but it'd be neat

I can see that, like it would be a special Male Falcon Knight-like class, or a Wyvern Lord like class but they use Lances and Swords instead of Lances and Axes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
h m m

I think 3haus might be dad emblem as a theme, much more then awakening and fates which was both rather family centric in obvious ways

mc (and leonie) both have are tied closely to, you know, your dad/jeralt
annette has gilbert
seteth is his little sister's guardian
marianne is seemly characterized around her abusive? father
the protag trio aren't ruling during the school half, so there's that I guess

then all the other nobles list off who they're related to in their bios, though that's more for noble lineage admittedly.

that's a lot of dad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/323916996657807362/599393076775092224/D_T4kJsX4AA4gjy.jpeg

Gay male options confirmed, or at least a couple more. Very minor recruitment spoilers.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/323916996657807362/599393076775092224/D_T4kJsX4AA4gjy.jpeg

Gay male options confirmed, or at least a couple more. Very minor recruitment spoilers.

One of them has already be stated to be married in prerelease materials, so I kinda doubt this leak.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

well hey, with being to able to s support with Gilbert, I guess children technically ARE in the game :v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It also doesn't make sense that two of mByleth's three gay options are teachers when three of dByleth's five gay options are students.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

golden bubble posted:

All the classes have been revealed. How do you avoid being outclassed by horse/flyer emblem in an FE game? In 3H, the answer is to make almost every final promoted class into a flyer or horse. Welcome to genealogy 2: the revenge of horse emblem.

catherine, shamir and alois all show up in this so I guess the teachers/supports might be recruitable too

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure we've known that for a while. We've definitely seen them in combat and seen them got support points with the like free time activities and stuff.

E:

hopeandjoy posted:

It also doesn't make sense that two of mByleth's three gay options are teachers when three of dByleth's five gay options are students.

Well, that just means there are 2 gay teachers for each gender. So maybe it actually fits!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

One of them has already be stated to be married in prerelease materials, so I kinda doubt this leak.
His wife could die in the timeskip. Its a screenshot from the twitter of a reviewer, i really doubt theyd fake stuff, esp. considering this is the only source weve seen screenshots of the support replay menu from.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are these screenshots from review and/or street date breaking copies? I am surprised we are seeing so much and I thought the release date was the end of the month.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

i mean in fairness in Fates the male option was just some guy exclusive to conquest and the girl option was a child unit exclusive to birthright.
Or the fact there's (seemingly) 3 male options to 5 girl options in the first place.

wacky distribution probably isn't that big a red flag

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Are these screenshots from review and/or street date breaking copies? I am surprised we are seeing so much and I thought the release date was the end of the month.
The games out in 2 weeks and is incredibly long, no surprise people have review copies by now.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah once I saw a reviewer was the one who posted it, I resigned myself to it.

Intsys why. At least there's cute girls to gay marry. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Imo theyre cute old guys

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
If you can't gay marry Professor Crest I'm done with this game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah once I saw a reviewer was the one who posted it, I resigned myself to it.

Intsys why. At least there's cute girls to gay marry. :(

I'm way more into dating the teachers tbh. So they did this for me.

E: Anyway just something i've noticed and can probably be proven wrong instantly, but is Byleth the only unit that can get S ranks? I don't think i've seen screenshots of the support lists for other characters where they have S ranks with anyone but the Avatar.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

Imo theyre cute old guys

who knew they asked naono bohra to write for this game.

(admitting i know who that is is probably trap sprung, but oh well.)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

Imo theyre cute old guys

yeah honestly those options are way more interesting to me than just marrying your male students

except intsys where are the old women for me to gay marry!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

yeah honestly those options are way more interesting to me than just marrying your male students

except intsys where are the old women for me to gay marry!!

From the big leak posted ages ago which has been mostly on the money I remember Manuela being listed as a gay option.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The more ??? thing to me is why there isn’t an even number of gay options with a similar divide between number of student and teacher options.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Gamerofthegame posted:

catherine, shamir and alois all show up in this so I guess the teachers/supports might be recruitable too

They've already revealed that Shamir just wants huge levels.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

From the big leak posted ages ago which has been mostly on the money I remember Manuela being listed as a gay option.

I mean I'm very very glad of that but she's just an older woman, not an old woman, if you get me? She's probably only like 30. I dunno, I just wish women in fire emblem were allowed to be as old as men often are.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

that leak said linhardt was the only male option and listed hilda as a female option, which the person who gave this info out has said isnt the case. it also didnt list mercedes, while this perosn does. im going to guess the leaker was just straight up wrong about gay options.

also, obviously this person doesn't feel like teachers are too big a spoiler to give info on, so the two spoiler f/f options aren't teachers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

that leak said linhardt was the only male option and listed hilda as a female option, which the person who gave this info out has said isnt the case. it also didnt list mercedes, while this perosn does. im going to guess the leaker was just straight up wrong about gay options.

also, obviously this person doesn't feel like teachers are too big a spoiler to give info on, so the two spoiler f/f options aren't teachers.

I swear that leak mentioned Mercedes as an option and that Linhardt was the only gay option for guys they knew about but there could be more. But maybe I am getting leaks confused.

Also, I thought the person who posted about how 2 of the gay options for Female Byleth were spoilers and the person who posted the options for Male Byleth were different people and so I just assumed the former didn't want to reveal the teachers were recruitable or something. That's my bad if those were both from the same person though, I wasn't intending to spread misinformation. Even if posting about leaks of not 100% accuracy is basically that.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I swear that leak mentioned Mercedes as an option and that Linhardt was the only gay option for guys they knew about but there could be more. But maybe I am getting leaks confused.

Also, I thought the person who posted about how 2 of the gay options for Female Byleth were spoilers and the person who posted the options for Male Byleth were different people and so I just assumed the former didn't want to reveal the teachers were recruitable or something. That's my bad if those were both from the same person though, I wasn't intending to spread misinformation. Even if posting about leaks of not 100% accuracy is basically that.

They definitely said that Linhardt was the only one they knew of but that they had been told there was more.

e:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're both from the same person, yeah.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I should pay more attention.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why dont IS want my fujo gold...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

fujos are into old guys these days

source: moriarty fate/grand order

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

this but unironically

Endorph posted:

fujos are into old guys these days

source: moriarty fate/grand order

i blame tiger and bunny but in like. a good way.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 13, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
One of the choices is pretty cute tbh but the other... Unethical.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tbh I wrote the screenie off because I thought flayn was like twelve but then again, manaketes...

golden bubble posted:

They've already revealed that Shamir just wants huge levels.

drat the news comes to fast for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

tbh I wrote the screenie off because I thought flayn was like twelve but then again, manaketes...
Also five year timeskip

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Theyre just taking a cue from P5 amd assuming we're all daddy/mommy fuckers

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Also five year timeskip

that's true

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Theyre just taking a cue from P5 amd assuming we're all daddy/mommy fuckers
I loving wish there was a mommy in the female romance options

I guess mercedss has that energy but i want to call shamir zaddy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baseless speculation here, but if there's a couple of spolierish gay options for the ladies the first one that comes to mind is Rhea, since she's the only named member of the faculty or church who we've yet to see as recruitable. Though I guess the safe guess is that it could be romance options for characters who haven't been revealed yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Baseless speculation here, but if there's a couple of spolierish gay options for the ladies the first one that comes to mind is Rhea, since she's the only named member of the faculty or church who we've yet to see as recruitable. Though I guess the safe guess is that it could be romance options for characters who haven't been revealed yet.

smart money would 100% be on sothis and rhea.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

I loving wish there was a mommy in the female romance options

I guess mercedss has that energy but i want to call shamir zaddy

solidarity

I don't like Mercedes' voice at all though which sucks. She's still my priority recruit to black eagles, so I can have all the bi girls in one house.

I had decided that well before we even knew she was an f/f option which is nice. I think there's some good potential in her being a former (possibly exiled?) Adrestian noble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Merce sounds like her english va is trying a bit too hard to be breathy, yeah. Fe healer asmr.