Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It hasn't been the same since somebody mentioned a gold boat would sink and he wimped out and said it would only be gold-plated :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
He even said he wouldnt care if it sank

But im forever disappointed Bryan promised the finisher for him and Tom would be the double stump puller and they havent even used it once

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"People keep needling me."

"I can't because you're not around much."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

But im forever disappointed Bryan promised the finisher for him and Tom would be the double stump puller and they havent even used it once

Clearly it should be them getting a guy in the corner and doing alternating chops at increasing speed until they both do the Kojima rapid-fire ones and then the guy does the Flair flop.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"She's a big one!"

:stare:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Dave referred to him as Jason Alexander again in this week’s newsletter.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lid posted:

They've only had one match and it was against the really old Rock and Roll express. This second match they might pull it out, stretch the poo poo out of the promise.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

They've only had one match and it was against the really old Rock and Roll express. This second match they might pull it out, stretch the poo poo out of the promise.

"Just take those old wrestlers off the shelf..."

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Angry_Ed posted:

"Just take those old wrestlers off the shelf..."

:discourse:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Juice interview is a nice 30 minute listen. Most interesting detail is Braun had hosed up knees dating back to NXT and they still made him do all the drills.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

obv wwe signs everyone then gets them injured doing infinite overhead presses and other dumb combine bullshit so they can lock them up even further

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1149777117434900480

Dave seems to consider Jim a real friend which is a little messed up since sometimes Jim doesn't extend him remotely the same courtesy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't even understand what there is to debunk about the gold boat. Did he script the rant or something?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1149777117434900480

Dave seems to consider Jim a real friend which is a little messed up since sometimes Jim doesn't extend him remotely the same courtesy.
God dammit, Dave. Don't be all boys will be boys about it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

meltzer is older than cornette so of course he's out of touch with reality to a degree

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

meltzer is older than cornette so of course he's out of touch with reality to a degree

Be fair to Dave Meltzer.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a boat made out of gold could easily float if it were engineered properly. you can make a boat out of anything as long as you make it the right shape.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dave, like most people of his generation, thinks of bigotry as a disease you have that exists independently of your actions rather than a way of describing things you do.

If you live with somebody and they never do the dishes, they don't get to dodge that poo poo by saying "but in my heart, I know I'm a dishes-doer."

I don't give a poo poo what's in your heart. The dishes aren't done.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a boat made out of bigotry floats by holding down the waters of progress

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Dave comes from a time where not being homophobic means you don't bash in someone's skull because they're gay. Not being really just means you don't go to Klan rallies. It's stupid and dumb and a bummer that he's still sticking to that poo poo. Cornette is probably cool to gay people he knows but has also shown that he has outdated and homophobic views about gay people in wrestling and just sees someone like Sonny Kiss as a comedy act.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sonny Kiss as a comedy act.

His signature spot is repeatedly ramming his opponent’s face in his rear end.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

dsriggs posted:

His signature spot is repeatedly ramming his opponent’s face in his rear end.

Who hasn’t seen an MMA match finished with such gluteal savagery.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1149536483553902593

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1149118364167487489

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1149547126457659392

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1149634383466258432

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1148763229948186625

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edit

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 13, 2019

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

he's got an rear end of steel

That's not a comedy act?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Comedy act might not be the best way to put it then. My point is that Jim keeps saying that they need to explain Sonny and why he belongs in the ring and that's not something he asks of masculine wrestlers. He also wouldn't use a homophobic slur to describe a more masculine looking wrestler. I think he'd be fine with Sonny if he was getting jobbed out with no offense. I also will say I don't think he's overly homophobic but his dislike of Sonny is obviously influenced by societal homophobia.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I like that casual Juice sounds exactly like promo Juice. I’ve never heard someone say “pedal to the metal” in real life before.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sonny Kiss is a fabulous dude with an even more fabulous rear end, what the gently caress is there to "explain" about his gimmick :psyduck:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I would like to know why Sonny is in the ring. Does he like slamming his butt against people, or is that just a means to an end? The man is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Comedy act might not be the best way to put it then. My point is that Jim keeps saying that they need to explain Sonny and why he belongs in the ring and that's not something he asks of masculine wrestlers.

That I can agree with. Considering how little backstory he gave to guys like Davey Richards & Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards when he was working at ROH, he wouldn't be batting an eye if Generic Wrestleman showed up in that match without a story.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Sonny Kiss seems really cool, but if this were any other wrestling company, under any booker in the last 20 plus years, I would expect everything involved with him to be a trainwreck. I assume that is where the initial bad reaction from Cornette comes from. His dumbass doubling down on it though is on him being an argumentative rear end in a top hat.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

this is the match they were bitching about? it goes like 2 minutes and gets across that nailz is a scumbag piece of poo poo with no regard for the rules. i am not saying it is compelling but i think they may have been overreacting a little

the ref looks new japan levels of impotent, however

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

I like that casual Juice sounds exactly like promo Juice. I’ve never heard someone say “pedal to the metal” in real life before.

I can't help but think Juice learned to talk from wrestling promos.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

lost my old email posted:

this is the match they were bitching about? it goes like 2 minutes and gets across that nailz is a scumbag piece of poo poo with no regard for the rules. i am not saying it is compelling but i think they may have been overreacting a little

the ref looks new japan levels of impotent, however

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1149844262650990592

Hyperbole is kinda Bryan's deal lol.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

friday night and agreeing with rovert time for a long hard look in the mirror

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Benne posted:

Sonny Kiss is a fabulous dude with an even more fabulous rear end, what the gently caress is there to "explain" about his gimmick :psyduck:
He still thinks everybody starts out as a generic CAW and you pepper in bits of their past into their gimmick and that's their character.

So when you have a guy like Sonny Kiss, he's like, "I don't get it. His gimmick is that he's effeminate? Why isn't this being made clear on commentary?"

When Sonny's just being Sonny and Jim doesn't understand that lots of different kinds of people wrestle without making the things that set them apart from what you think of when you think "wrestler" their gimmick.

I've put up with Jim Cornette for years because it rules when he shits on dumb things, but one of those "dumb" things was "that wrestler's queer," with a giant side of transphobia when he was talking about it, and now I can't help but think of that when I hear his voice, so I'm kinda' done with Jim Cornette.

But I was fair to him.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Comedy act might not be the best way to put it then. My point is that Jim keeps saying that they need to explain Sonny and why he belongs in the ring and that's not something he asks of masculine wrestlers. He also wouldn't use a homophobic slur to describe a more masculine looking wrestler. I think he'd be fine with Sonny if he was getting jobbed out with no offense. I also will say I don't think he's overly homophobic but his dislike of Sonny is obviously influenced by societal homophobia.

Cornette’s point was made in the context of the battle royal and how they didn’t explain a single person to a new audience. Going in blind I honestly would have thought Sonny Kiss was an offensive stereotype gimmick too to be honest, and I’m saying this as a gay guy who doesn’t put a lot of trust in how wrestling handles LGBTQ issues. I only knew because I’m familiar with AEW and Sonny

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

The comedy there is he's got an rear end of steel, not that he's a gay man and the other wrestler is specifically terrified of that. There's a difference between him and Danshoku Dino or first years of Goldust

as a gay man idk about this one bud

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
If sonny kiss showed up in new japan i wouldnt buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bout to see an "as a gay man," argument being done by 15 different people all against eachother for the first time right here in wrestling hut. now that's cool