Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
IMHuO, as a 1000 owner, the 2000 is the better looking system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As someone who owned both, I like the 2000 better. The ergonomics, internal storage and microsd charging trump the screen for me, because for all the love the 1000 screen gets, people never mention that the 2000 screen is still a really nice IPS panel

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
both vitas....

are good as hell

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It occurs to me that the Vita might be the platform with the most MGS titles. MGS 1 and VR missions, 2 and 3 in HD, Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, Peace Walker.

Dat's a lotta Kojima.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

As someone who owned both, I like the 2000 better. The ergonomics, internal storage and microsd charging trump the screen for me, because for all the love the 1000 screen gets, people never mention that the 2000 screen is still a really nice IPS panel
Yeah, when I was shopping for my Vita, I made the mistake of trying to search for display quality comparisons. Turns out a lot of 1000 owners (at least, around the time the 2000 came out, which is when most of the articles and posts I found were from) are hyperventilating dorklords who acted like the 2000's panel was like looking at a 1980s Tiger Electronics game smeared with Vaseline.

I wound up buying a 2000 because, like you said, literally everything else about it is better, and it turns out the screen is still pretty loving good.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm an old Vita owner with a 1000 and I think the OLED is real good looking but if I were to buy a system today with both options I'd take the 2000 for the quality of life improvements

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Proprietary cables obv suck but if you need one or spares, they can be had for p cheap on aliexpress like most things

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It occurs to me that the Vita might be the platform with the most MGS titles. MGS 1 and VR missions, 2 and 3 in HD, Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, Peace Walker.

Dat's a lotta Kojima.

MG1 and 2 are also present in MGS3HD. Snake’s Revenge (blech), Ghost Babel, the phone game, 4 and both halves of 5 are all you’re missing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

Proprietary cables obv suck but if you need one or spares, they can be had for p cheap on aliexpress like most things

I got two on Ali for about €4

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

My vita’s hacked now. The sd2vita should get here in the next couple days

Hopefully I can figure out how to make the thing play Turbo CD games

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It's as easy as using Retroarch ever is. Vita supports the mednafen core though so PC Engine runs great.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Stop making me feel bad about my 1000 you dicks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Play the one you’re with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

It's got the prettiest screen of any electronic I own, games old and new look amazing on it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Steve Yun posted:

I've had both and I like the 1000 better. I think the thickness makes it more comfortable and the OLED is loving stellar.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love my curvy Vita.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My oled Vita had weird splotches on the screen that would show up in a dark room when the screen was mostly dark. It was very weird :iiam:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My oled Vita had weird splotches on the screen that would show up in a dark room when the screen was mostly dark. It was very weird :iiam:

Think that's true of almost all 1000s/most OLEDs from that era.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

that's because the screen is made of organic material and different parts of it die before other parts die

vita means life

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
All Samsung AMOLEDs from that era do that, it doesn't really affect anything.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hi again thread!

A friend of mine sold me their Borderlands 2 Vita for cheap! It even still has the 8 gb memory card!

I'm so dang eager to play some persona that I gonna try to get it on wifi and see if Persona 4 & 3 will fit on 8gbs.

Before I buy them tho is there a benefit to buying the physical version of a game like Persona 4?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benefit is having the space free on your memory card :v:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Hi again thread!

A friend of mine sold me their Borderlands 2 Vita for cheap! It even still has the 8 gb memory card!

I'm so dang eager to play some persona that I gonna try to get it on wifi and see if Persona 4 & 3 will fit on 8gbs.

Before I buy them tho is there a benefit to buying the physical version of a game like Persona 4?

Being able to sell it and not having to install it on the MC - just remember that the save game is linked to the bubble that's created as the cart is insterted, same as the downloaded games, so you either have to back up the save game or never remove the bubble (not that's a huge hassle, but that's a badly thought out system).

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Herr Tog posted:

P3P and P4G should fit fine on that memory card, if you buy the physical you'll save some space. Keep in mind that if you hack and use sd2vita for storage, you won't be able to use physical carts at the same time.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thank you thread~ I think I'll go with the physical cart since persona 4 is on my mind so heavy right now.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Hacked vita trip report: retroarch crashes frequently. It’s a bummer that home brew emulators are still jank a f in the year of progress 2019. Better than nothing, and it’s cool that I can use an SD card instead of a memory card for games I buy from the store if I set it as ux0, but I’m expecting to mostly keep using this for playing actual vita games

Unless the ten or so games I care about come out for switch (or in the case of FFX/X2 get a massive price drop). If that happens, RIP vita

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

You could use emulators through Adrenaline, emus on PSP have more years of work and improvements upon them so they run games better overall.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I've never liked retroarch, there are separate emulators that are all nice and stable for psp/vita so if you can't find a good one for vita you're basically guaranteed a good one on psp.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I saw the other day that someone was working on getting hardware acceleration going on RAVita, so that should be nice.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
yeah, get yourself Adrenaline and the psp homebrew browser. It has a nice bilinear filter built in too if you're into that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1153654272656994305

Time's up on hacking.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Motherfuckers

I hacked my Vita but was holding off on a free weekend to do the PSTV. Oh well!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Motherfuckers

i think this'll only affect you if you upgrade to this new official firmware

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I guess i picked a good time to hack my vita :coolfish:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Motherfuckers

What firmware is it right now? If you haven't turned it on it should be fine to hack. If it already downloaded the update but you haven't installed it yet, you can also still hack it - Vita can't autoinstall updates without your approval.

e: if you unfortunately had that pstv on 3.70 ofw, then try and follow this method ASAP to get trinity and downgrade to 3.60/5

Ignis fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 23, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ignis posted:

What firmware is it right now? If you haven't turned it on it should be fine to hack. If it already downloaded the update but you haven't installed it yet, you can also still hack it - Vita can't autoinstall updates without your approval.

e: if you unfortunately had that pstv on 3.70 ofw, then try and follow this method ASAP to get trinity and downgrade to 3.60/5

I've got a PSTV on 3.68, with StorageMgr installed and SD2Vita set up. I want to downgrade, but I can't find any information on how to do this if I'm already using SD2Vita - it seems like the main guide and other places assuming I'm starting from scratch. Any advice?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

After regressing the firmware you have to reinstall the hack, that's why all the guides mention how to install things from scratch. You won't lose any other data, but your sd2vita won't work until you get henkaku back working. This guide and its follow-up for 3.60 should cover a couple extra modoru-related steps.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thanks! Downgraded to 3.60 and everything I've tested is working as it should be.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/TweetVitaReview/status/1154029383826444288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So what are the odds the system patch was to force players of that baseball game to patch up?