Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

At least they folded the letter this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
3.14 is close enough for intercontinental missiles, so 3.11 is probably close enough for anyone else.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

How hard is it to miss a continent, though?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Skwirl posted:

3.14 is close enough for intercontinental missiles, so 3.11 is probably close enough for anyone else.

3.11, not great, not terrible.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Lol at anyone who actually believes in a religion whether it’s one of the bad ones like Christianity or Muslim or the good ones like Episcopalian or Shinto

:agreed:

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Yep no life skills need to be taught, she’ll be asking for Yoda rides to the playground at 25

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

life is killing me posted:

Yep no life skills need to be taught, she’ll be asking for Yoda rides to the playground at 25 900

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stoatbringer posted:

How hard is it to miss a continent, though?

It's for calculating the diameter of the cake at the Yemeni wedding.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

90% of the things kids say in this thread that's not 5yo owning sjw atheists or w/e sound completely plausible, they really do say the most insane poo poo p much constantly

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, "Yoda ride" is more shit_that_happened_but_is_mildly_amusing_at_best.txt

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

sebmojo posted:

90% of the things kids say in this thread that's not 5yo owning sjw atheists or w/e sound completely plausible, they really do say the most insane poo poo p much constantly

:ssh:
Most of the goons ITT have multiple court orders forbidding them from going near actual human children.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://www.facebook.com/CraftyMind...1&__tn__=EEHH-R

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Even my nan who doesn't own a smartphone or computer knows its not called "the google".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The_White_Crane posted:

Most of the goons ITT have multiple court orders forbidding them from going near actual human children.

Most goons can also tell the difference between shrimp and pastries.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Even my nan who doesn't own a smartphone or computer knows its not called "the google".

I own both and have said the Google :colbert:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Most goons can also tell the difference between shrimp and pastries.

Hey, I learned from that experience! I can even recognize a crab now! :colbert:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

The_White_Crane posted:

Hey, I learned from that experience! I can even recognize a crab now! :colbert:

That's a loaf of bread.

Doy! :v:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mng posted:

That's a loaf of bread.

Doughy! :v:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
D’ough!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/cchmir/my_boyfriend_proposed_to_me_with_customprinted/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The_White_Crane posted:

Is...is this a self own.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That seems totally plausible?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bike tory posted:

That seems totally plausible?

Yeah Richard Garriot (creator of MTG) proposed to his wife with a custom card. Some nerd back in the 80s managed to get a custom tetris cartridge made for a Gameboy that featured a proposal when his girlfriend beat it.

A single custom card seems easy as hell. I bet dome companies would do it for free if approached correctly. If not a decent looking counterfeit is probably way cheaper then renting the billboard at a baseball game or whatever.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've seen high quality home made cards for various games, including personalized "us" (as in, the characters, stats, and abilities were based on us in real life) for some.
That card thing seems completely plausible.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
One of the guys from Three Panel Soul/Mac Hall wrote a video game with the proposal to his girlfriend as the ending.
poo poo is adorable.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Well forgive me for just assuming it was some bullshit posted on Reddit for upvotes for whatever reason. I just don't believe good things can come out of this hell timeline

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Len posted:

Well forgive me for just assuming it was some bullshit posted on Reddit for upvotes for whatever reason. I just don't believe good things can come out of this hell timeline

It might be, but it's a simple enough thing you'd have to start assuming that about every cute proposal story. And that way lies madness.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wish my proposal was STDH.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skwirl posted:

Yeah Richard Garriot (creator of MTG) proposed to his wife with a custom card. L

Richard Garfield?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I mean this proposal story included pictures of all the relevant cards and poo poo too. Would be an awful lot of effort to go through in order to get a few internet points.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Richard Garfield?

Yeah, Gariott's the Ultima guy, right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Gariott's the Ultima guy, right?

That's David Mitchell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bike tory posted:

I mean this proposal story included pictures of all the relevant cards and poo poo too. Would be an awful lot of effort to go through in order to get a few internet points.

It's two cards which wouldn't be hard to fake. But maybe I'm just too grim and pessimistic to believe any Reddit feel-good story is true

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The creator of Gloomhaven released a huge chunk of the art assets so people could homebrew content. This was probably trivially easy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's David Mitchell.

Isnt that the guy who started selling hot sauce because he cheated at Pacman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Danaru posted:

That must be like half the male population.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Danaru posted:

Billy Mitchell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pneub posted:

Billy Mitchell.

No, he wrote Piano Man.