Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Motto posted:

e: tho seriously I get thinking they lay it on too thick in this particular event, but generally they keep her pretty light and funny and give her actual dynamics with
other characters like Tamamo & Hime, Liz, the gag with Raikou and Serenity, etc to keep her from being too one-note

I really hope Japanese fanart hasn't inflated my expectations for Yokai Girls comedy hijinks once Osakabehime rounds out the cast, but I'm afraid it has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I dipped into my summer 2 quartz supply, but I got SurMo out of it. So that worked out.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Gologle posted:

Field report: Sherlock Holmes kicks rear end.

Yes he does. He also has good synergy with lots of other servants, especially moriarty and waver.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Last night I topped up my quartz supply in the hope of getting some event CEs and got me a Summer Tamamo on my first and only +10 pull, which is as :krad: as you can get!

Also my Bunyan is at :siren: level 90 :siren: and will be level 100 sooner or later. Her skills are also at 10/5/8. She's a farming queen and I have over 30 friend slots available so add me if you want help 3-turning your daily farming missions!

ID: 072,956,452

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've only had Summer Mikon at NP1 forever, but honestly, when it comes to drop kicking archer nuts, she's great to use

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

BisbyWorl posted:

'hey master, if you ever lose all hope, feel free to let me know and I'll drag you under a loving river and hold you tight while you drown.'

Kiyo has some issues.

I mean, yeah, that's like her whole thing, from start to finish. It's why people like her.

Also, god help me, I like Raikou. I could do without the extra-gratuitous jiggling, but she's really no worse than half the other characters in that respect, so I can't be too mad. She for sure is just a carbon-copy of one of the three possible characters that Raita is able to draw, though, with Shuten Douji being one of the other two.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
So it sounds like in JP that from now on the first copy of a Servant you get will autolock. This is a good change that would have saved me the heartache of accidentally burning my Summer Anne & Mary last night.

Reached out to Support, they told me to suck it. So be careful guys and don't be a dingus like me because Support won't reverse any mistakes like that no matter what, it seems.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

Also, god help me, I like Raikou. I could do without the extra-gratuitous jiggling, but she's really no worse than half the other characters in that respect, so I can't be too mad. She for sure is just a carbon-copy of one of the three possible characters that Raita is able to draw, though, with Shuten Douji being one of the other two.

Is Kintoki or Moriarty the third one? How does the fanbook art of Sherlock, Moriarty & Jack fit into this three class system?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AbusePuppy posted:

I mean, yeah, that's like her whole thing, from start to finish. It's why people like her.

i dont remember a character like shuten in valkyria chronicles, where did you see him draw a girl like her?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I dunno, Imca maybe? If we're stretching?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
I feel like there was a short, gloomy, loli girl in Valkyria somewhere or another, though it's been long enough since I played those games that I couldn't say offhand.

Darox posted:

Is Kintoki or Moriarty the third one? How does the fanbook art of Sherlock, Moriarty & Jack fit into this three class system?

Dudes obviously do not count, as FGO itself pretty explicitly tells you during this event.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Raita's FGO artbooks are good and cool and he drew Lancer boys

https://twitter.com/raita_z/status/1010814078304989185

:buddy:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 13, 2019

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Sad Moriarty in the rain is the sexiest FGO-related thing Raita's drawn and if you don't agree then I'm afraid it may be too late for you.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sexy Bartender Moriarty

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hey, I like how utterly absurd Raikou's tits are. It's like Raita's trying to take his fetish as close to 11 as the game's age rating allows, and that's guddamn hilarious to me. It's also underscored by him then turning around and making a design as unironically and genuinely fantastic as Moriarty. It's like, we all know he can do good designs with proper anatomy but gently caress that here have some weather balloons attached to a telephone pole.

Compendium posted:

Sexy Bartender Moriarty
Oh my gently caress this is real and it's amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I wish Nobukatsu was playable.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Compendium posted:

Raita's FGO artbooks are good and cool and he drew Lancer boys

https://twitter.com/raita_z/status/1010814078304989185

:buddy:

God, Cu has SUCH a "come gently caress me" look in his eyes.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How are you supposed to do the crabs challenge quest? Buff removal I presume?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Omobono posted:

Buster chains I think.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Omobono posted:

CEs that have an inherit "Damage Plus" like Volumen or servants passives like Core of the Goddess. Angra's NP also completely bypasses all defenses and resists so it's arguably the one time he's truly able to shine. And yeah buster chains.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:psyduck:
Final wave is a 50k crab at 99% damage reduction if not higher. A buster chain is like 7k in fixed damage.

E: yeah now how to make Angra deal 50k damage. I do have Kiritsugu for taunt shenanigans.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Omobono posted:

:psyduck:
Final wave is a 50k crab at 99% damage reduction if not higher. A buster chain is like 7k in fixed damage.

E: yeah now how to make Angra deal 50k damage. I do have Kiritsugu for taunt shenanigans.

Angra at 100 with normal Fous is about 12K HP. Slap on a level 80 Golden Millennium Tree for another 5K HP (2K base + 3K after 10 turns), double Merlin for another 6K HP for a grand total of 23K HP.

At NP5 he deals triple HP lost, so if you can bring him down to 1HP exactly he'll be able to deal 60K damage.

ezpz

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I still haven't pulled Angra. All the world's evils indeed.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I dipped into my summer 2 quartz supply, but I got SurMo out of it. So that worked out.
Ditto, 60 quartz and she appeared. Seems like it's a surfing season this year.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Omobono posted:

Another option to the ones mentioned already is to use dots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7Zq0MK1Aw

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Done. Volumen Gilgamesh, Prisma Cosmos Tamamo, support Merlin, 32 turns.

NPs do not get the buster chain bonus by the way :suicide:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Poison/Curse/Burn also work, so if you have someone who applies that on their NP and can loop decently (Serenity is decent) they can go through them pretty fast. Insta-kills work too, I'm pretty sure.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

Man I wish Nobukatsu was playable.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Went into that challenge without knowing the gimmick. Was forced to stall with Merlin/Waver for 35 turns until the curse damage chipped the boss hermit crab to death.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It was mentioned already but I still want to post the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxMHQZRqAU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"Super My Home Daddy"

...what?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Finished the crabs with Merlin waver tama and just let curse damage do all the lifting. Only took 37 turns.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The 4* CE Covering Fire has one of the highest flat damage boosts in the game and almost everyone should have 1 or 2 lying around that they've never used. It's the best CE to use for the crabs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

This finally went my way after a couple of ill advised attempts, the humiliation of which I will let dissipate into the ether of discord.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 14, 2019

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i gotta be honest I generally try to do challenge quests but this one is too irritating and four star Fous are just not strong enough bait

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's not really that irritating, hell, there's a video of basically all Berserkers doing it in 21 turns in 9 minutes. I did it in like 24 turns with a poison gimmick and a support Shuten.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nitocris is cool and all, but I wanted Sherlock. :negative:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Big thank you and shout out to Thinking, who I do know is a goon, for keeping their MLB Kaleidoscope on Scat. It is an enormous help with the Gazer boss on the Cavern node for farming iron. Unfortunately I don't think our times usually sync up, cus I almost never see you on my Friends list, but still, it's appreciated.

EDIT: Is there a way to hide the UI? Since this is the last time this event is going to be run, I want to take a picture of my big dumb Simulated City for posterity, but the HUD is getting in the way of Marie's glorious 50 foot tall statue.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 14, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
got hessian lobo when i wanted moriarty but eh, i'll take it.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Still enjoying this game. Need to add some friends, so please accept me if you can spare it.

ID: 923,217,830
IGN: Denghis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The fact that the stupid crab can no-sell the DEF-ignoring NPs and requiring Buster chains of regular attacks to damage it quickly enough is a wonderful, yet annoying, trick and I applaud DW for doing it. The Fou's still mine, though. gently caress that crab.