Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dad should really go get that nose looked at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"If you won you'd never be a bride" oh gently caress OFF Tomo author.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I don't think that's being presented as a correct sentiment endorsed by the author

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

nrook posted:

I don't think that's being presented as a correct sentiment endorsed by the author

Akemi's got a point though, who's gonna walk her down the aisle if Tomo ends up brutally murdering her father? :colbert:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

"If you won you'd never be a bride" oh gently caress OFF Tomo author.

The whole point of Mizusu's arc with Tomo was that said view point was bullshit.

Gimme Five
Jul 10, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Literally the whole point of the entire manga is that that point of view is bullshit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm glad the author has done the narrative and thematic legwork to make that theme both salient, believable, and land effectively as a means to close out the main characters' arcs, and not ALSO follow it up with a joke about her not being feminine enough with a "are you really sure you want her?" line. I'm sure it make it clear that Akemi and Gorou should be admonished for such a worldview in the, what, 2 chapters left?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
He was asking if he's sure because she's a loving idiot, whatever you're putting in there is just projection on your part

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nah youre dumb

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're pretty clearly saying that if Tomo beats up her dad then Jun's gonna have to be the bride, I don't know what's so complicated about this.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tomo is tearing us apart

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad the author has done the narrative and thematic legwork to make that theme both salient, believable, and land effectively as a means to close out the main characters' arcs, and not ALSO follow it up with a joke about her not being feminine enough with a "are you really sure you want her?" line. I'm sure it make it clear that Akemi and Gorou should be admonished for such a worldview in the, what, 2 chapters left?

Carol wont get hugged, we're so close

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
When we lived in japan years ago my wife’s coworker came from a family that ran a fairly prestigious local judo dojo (she’d peaced out and taken a job at city hall instead). Her sister got married to the scion of some other town’s dojo, and instead of the traditional wedding clothes they did the ceremony in blue gi, with him bridal carrying her over the threshold.

Halfway through the reception they went out for a minute, then came back in red gi with her carrying him over the threshold, and his old traditionalist dad was like ‘oh noooooo, my boy, he is unmanned, please help him!’ while everyone else lol’d.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Apraxin posted:

When we lived in japan years ago my wife’s coworker came from a family that ran a fairly prestigious local judo dojo (she’d peaced out and taken a job at city hall instead). Her sister got married to the scion of some other town’s dojo, and instead of the traditional wedding clothes they did the ceremony in blue gi, with him bridal carrying her over the threshold.

Halfway through the reception they went out for a minute, then came back in red gi with her carrying him over the threshold, and his old traditionalist dad was like ‘oh noooooo, my boy, he is unmanned, please help him!’ while everyone else lol’d.

:discourse:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Apraxin posted:

That’s great

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

HenryEx posted:

He was asking if he's sure because she's a loving idiot, whatever you're putting in there is just projection on your part

Some people really want to get mad at this comic.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Apraxin posted:

This is a good story.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Apraxin posted:

that's rad

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Final comic tonight is 3 pages. There are 8 other pages that'll only be in the volume release.

https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1150246836143362048

it's over.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
That was rather anticlimactic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel like I should feel something

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

That's it I guess. :shrug:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Freedom at last.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Hm I'll allow it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's better than i expected after all this bullshit paternal gatekeeping out of nowhere

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Is no one linking it?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is no one linking it?

The only version up right now are speed scans. Dropout's isn't out yet

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Here we go.

Not gonna lie, it kinda sucks. But what else do we expect at this point, I guess.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is no one linking it?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Carol was never hugged. The end.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

A Bystander posted:

Carol was never hugged. The end.

8 pages of carol being hugged, held back for the print release...just so namtab could win...dammit fumita

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
:rip: to the only good thing in my sick sad life.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

drilldo squirt posted:

my dude have you tried mousou telepathy

Anyway it's weird that this ending felt so rushed after a manga that was just so... protracted overall

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

drilldo squirt posted:

i hope now you can move on to a good manga

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The ending was a bit rushed but overall I really enjoyed Tomo-chan

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Tomo-chan was cool and good and I don't regret reading it at all.

The best parts were :carol:, Misuzu, :carol:, all the cute and funny faces, Jun embracing his inner tree, :carol:, three very powerful moms, and of course, in case I forgot, :carol:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All the hiatuses

okay

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well, lets see if fumitas next thing is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple