Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

bike tory posted:

Also the best meme that the internet has produced is obviously the one about throwing car batteries in the ocean. Such a rush.

BillyC has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Jul 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

bike tory posted:

Also the best meme that the internet has produced is obviously the one about throwing car batteries in the ocean. Such a rush.

And completely legal!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Those Autozone dicks have been guarding Area 51 for years, trying to keep aliens from the truth about the totally legal rush of throwing space batteries into the ocean.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Image Captcha memes are usually solid.

I love Car Batteries in the Ocean.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it thrilling and legal to throw my used car batteries into Area 51?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Is it thrilling and legal to throw my used car batteries into Area 51?

Only if it's through some alien portal to a far off ocean world.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
What if the reason UFO's keep dipping in and out of water is because they're throwing out their used car batteries?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Area 51 has nothing to do with aliens. It's where the US military tests advanced stealth aircraft that can elude Autozone AA and drop car batteries into the ocean without getting shot down.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh my god yes. This is so sublime

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Data Graham posted:

Oh my god yes. This is so sublime

Yeah, I’d have to put Inglip near the top of the list.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kheldarn has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Jul 17, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Showed you my milky navel, pls respond.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Showed you my milky navel, pls respond.

My desires are... unconventional; milky navel, all-time musky bobs.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
you think that's bad, try and move an image in LaTeX...

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have to use Google docs for work. Its a bit like using MS word 15 years ago.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

DG for Life
man

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We live in a sewer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jerry Cotton posted:

We live in a sewerciety.

Fixed

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

From our very own something awful forums

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phy posted:

From our very own something awful forums

Wasn't this a smilie at one point in time?

The naming convention for smilies being hot garbage means I can't find it, so even if it is one it might be lost to the ages.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Alright, who turgled?

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Memento posted:

Wasn't this a smilie at one point in time?

The naming convention for smilies being hot garbage means I can't find it, so even if it is one it might be lost to the ages.

:backtowork:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bike tory posted:

Are you suggesting that any of the images I've posted itt has been anything short of my absolute favourite meme/macro??

I like that this has stock watermarks because somewhere someone knew this image would have value.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I wanna look up more Inglip comics, but I'm afraid I'm gonna find out that it, like everything else from 4chan, has been taken over by pedophiles, nazis, or nazi pedophiles.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwsiqQa1pw

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
I don't want to go all internet historian here but I feel like image macros became a thing more on tumblr than SA. As far as I can remember they were unfunny for a while then they gestated a bit on tumblr and got pretty funny then SA got on the bandwagon a bit after that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Tumblr (stylized as tumblr and pronounced "tumbler") is a microblogging and social networking website founded by David Karp in 2007 and owned by Verizon Media.[1][4][5][6][7] The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users' blogs. Bloggers can also make their blogs private.[8][9] For bloggers many of the website's features are accessed from a "dashboard" interface.

As of May 5, 2019, Tumblr hosts over 465 million blogs.[10] As of January 2016, the website had 555 million monthly visitors.[3]

Something Awful (SA) is a comedy website housing a variety of content, including blog entries, forums, feature articles, digitally edited pictures, and humorous media reviews. It was created by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka in 1999 as a largely personal website, but as it grew, so did its contributors and content. The website has helped to perpetuate various Internet phenomena,[2][3][4] and it has been cited as an influence on Internet culture.[5] In 2018, Gizmodo placed it as 89th on their list of "100 Websites That Shaped the Internet as We Know It".[6]

The website has been involved in a number of notable events. These include a conflict with the Spam Prevention Early Warning System, a Hurricane Katrina relief fund being caught in PayPal's red tape,[7] an exhibition boxing match between Kyanka and movie director Uwe Boll, and the creation of the Slender Man.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Steve Holt! posted:

I don't want to go all internet historian here but I feel like image macros became a thing more on tumblr than SA. As far as I can remember they were unfunny for a while then they gestated a bit on tumblr and got pretty funny then SA got on the bandwagon a bit after that.

The SA meme thread started out as an ironic showcase type thing because memes/macros were frowned upon here. We were never a source of original meme content outside the AYB type stuff and Photoshop Phridays.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
PSP is less meme and more absurd art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Steve Holt! posted:

Pretty sure the whole I can haz cheezburger cat meme originated here, and while people point to memes going back a lot further, it was probably the real progenitor macro. Internet says that was ~2003, so several years before tumblr even existed.