Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ThermoPhysical posted:

How has Marvel been treating him in the comics lately? I think they're trying to make this mirror the comics as to who's popular and who's not.

He was dead until relatively recently. Now he's the leader of the team in a book that's on the short list of worst runs in the history of the franchise. It's not a great time to be a fan of Cyclops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Marriage Night posted:

Because Gabby is wonderful. And her interactions with Daken are actually strangely charming. She’s the most socially well adjusted of the Wolverine family.

Yea she and Deadpool bonded instantly. She also has a sidekick, Jonathan, an actual Wolverine, who was given to her by Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl assumed that all anime themed heroes are able to communicate with their namesakes.

In short, she is the best.

I have to go with a Waifu Squad

No Rogue or Magik so Psylock has to be the 4th. Wait, is Gwen legal?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gwen is like 19-20. And I assume you meant to type animal themed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Great question.

Gwen is a spider.

Thank you.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Wanderer posted:

He was dead until relatively recently. Now he's the leader of the team in a book that's on the short list of worst runs in the history of the franchise. It's not a great time to be a fan of Cyclops.

Cyclops was never good

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Gwen is like 19-20. And I assume you meant to type animal themed.

The other way works too. Sailor Moon can talk to both sailors and moons.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Deafpool, Spadey, Ghast Rider, and Iron Man

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

actually surprised how easy this was to make choices

hype hype hype

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

ThermoPhysical posted:

. Then there's Crystal...the lone Inhuman.

We've already seen Black bolt "speak" in the game, he might be playable too

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rufio posted:

switch can't render enough disk space for all the nut facts we would be given.

Ftfy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Less than a week, mutie lovers!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/the_dlc_packs_for_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_wont_be_sold_individually

DLC will not be sold separately so definitely get the season pass

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

$20 for three packs is pretty reasonable.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pylons posted:

$20 for three packs is pretty reasonable.

Definitely, especially for what it adds

quote:

"Playable characters, modes, and additional story," 

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The comments section is full of crazy people wringing their hands at DLC

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I can buy the season pass after I get the game right? Like, make sure I like it enough to invest further?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

The comments section is full of crazy people wringing their hands at DLC

lol the best comment is by the absolute genius who thinks each pack is 20 bux so it's actually 60 bux he has to pay.

If this is anything near the amount of content we got for Hyrule Warriors and we get really cool modes and stages out of this in addition to characters, 20 bucks will be a steal especially if the base game is as great as it looks.

Feenix posted:

I can buy the season pass after I get the game right? Like, make sure I like it enough to invest further?

no reason why you couldn't, the 20 dollar pass is the default and only way to get the 3 packs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Feenix posted:

I’ll confirm this as yes. It has been said so. It’ll remain on sale for $20.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Since this is a Nintendo game, I wonder how they use the HD rumble. Imagine feeling webbing like ARMS.

Feenix posted:

No. You must buy the DLC today or be banned.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Pretty much rolling with this crew. Black Panther was OP as poo poo in MUA2, wonder if he'll still be or they will nerf him.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much rolling with this crew. Black Panther was OP as poo poo in MUA2, wonder if he'll still be or they will nerf him.

This kind of what my crew looks like, but I'd swap Wolverine out for Cyclops\Storm\Wanda. I really want Phoenix in this though. That xmen pack needs to be Gambit, Rogue, Jean, Iceman and Omega red for playable villain.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

bushisms.txt posted:

This kind of what my crew looks like, but I'd swap Wolverine out for Cyclops\Storm\Wanda. I really want Phoenix in this though. That xmen pack needs to be Gambit, Rogue, Jean, Iceman and THE JUGGERNAUT for playable villain.

FTFY

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm thinking juggs is gonna be playable like venom already, since there's a specific villain synergy and venom isn't a part of it but magneto is.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I tried to play some of X-Men Legends 2 on PSP the other day.

I really, really need M:UA 3 now. Dark Phoenix is completely OP and is 100% immortal.

Also there's the glitch that made Iron Man immortal too in X-Men Legends 2. That was fun. They couldn't fix it either.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

if I had to guess--and assuming Cyke and Piotr are just NPCs--the Xmen pack would be Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Crossing fingers the story content will be XORN or some batshit crazy stuff like Cassandra Nova/Onslaught.
I assume to make the packs slightly cheaper to make the X-men pack will have Cyclops and Colossus and the Knights pack will have Jessica Jones if they're not in the base game.

Just like Team Ninja's Fire Emblem Warriors had DLC of NPCs from the base game.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I hope Jessica Jones can buff herself by drinking an entire bottle of Jim Beam.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wanderer posted:

I hope Jessica Jones can buff herself by drinking an entire bottle of Jim Beam.

Oh she fuels her entire body with that stuff. It’s where her superpowers come from.

Hell, I have the same powers. Let me drink a lot and I’ll punch holes in walls too*!

*to build more room in the house. Sometimes you gotta knock a wall down

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I assume to make the packs slightly cheaper to make the X-men pack will have Cyclops and Colossus and the Knights pack will have Jessica Jones if they're not in the base game.

Just like Team Ninja's Fire Emblem Warriors had DLC of NPCs from the base game.

How was the DLC for that anyway? Pretty decent for the price? The only recent DLC I've gotten is Spider-Man PS4 and the costumes were good but the story was really, really hard.

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
I really can't wait for this game. I'm so hype for this game. When it was announced I bought a switch just to play it.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

How was the DLC for that anyway? Pretty decent for the price? The only recent DLC I've gotten is Spider-Man PS4 and the costumes were good but the story was really, really hard.
I actually didn’t get it. I did for hyrule Warriors and if it’s at all the same it was a lot. I don’t think it was possible to actually beat the hyrule warriors game and dlc. There were so many maps/challenges added.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
this game looks atrocious compared to Marvel Heroes

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NoMas posted:

Marvel heroes was super lame compared to Xmen legends/Ultimate alliance. MUA 3 gonna own.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

NoMas posted:

And then you stretch marvel heroes to a decent resolution

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I liked Marvel Heroes a lot later in its lifespan, MUA was also a staple of my late teens. We can love both

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

SoR Blaze posted:

I liked Marvel Heroes a lot later in its lifespan, MUA was also a staple of my late teens. We can love both

Hell, somewhere on my computer, I have the original M:UA theme...

EDIT: Found it! But someone already put it up on YouTube sooo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtGhDN9RIY8

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 14, 2019

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Magic and cosmic 24/7

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 14, 2019

trem
Sep 17, 2009
my team is 4 gambit bulges

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Someone got a leaked copy of the game and has confirmed an alternate costume:

... Of sorts. It's a palette swap.

Hopefully actual alternate costumes are still a feature

eonwe