Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Peter Daou's redemption is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Peter Daou's redemption is better
i got some bad news about his redemption, friend

quote:

In addition to a big fundraising haul, Boylan has also landed a big gun, in convincing Hillary Clinton campaign veteran Peter Daou not only to skip mounting his own challenge to Nadler, but to work with her.

Daou told said after doing his own research on what it would take to unseat Nadler, and then meeting Boylan, he decided she was the better fit, and signed up this week as a senior adviser.

"The more I talked to her the more I thought, 'Wow, this is a very impressive candidate and person,'" said Daou, who ran Clinton's digital operation in 2008 and advised her in 2016. "I think she's really going to pose a serious challenge to Nadler."
everything about Boylan in this article raises a ton of red flags for me

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol i just remembered that voter safari some centrist morons did after 2016. their hypothesis was that most americans wanted compromise. what they found is that most people where highly partisan and just wanted to beat the other side, which was quite disheartening for them. also lots of support for leftists policies. in the end they basically ignored all of their evidence and went with their original conclusion that americans just want compromise

i went looking for it, its even worse than i remembered

"At the Labor Temple Lounge in Eau Claire, nine gruff, tough-looking union men sat around a table. One had the acronym of his guild, the Laborers International Union of North America, tattooed on a bulging bicep. The men pinned the blame for most of their problems squarely on Republicans, from Trump to Governor Scott Walker. School funding, the minimum wage, college debt, income inequality, gerrymandering, health care, union rights: It was all, in their view, the GOP’s fault. A member of the bricklayers’ union lamented Walker’s cuts to public services: “If we can’t help each other,” he said, “what are we, a pack of wolves—we eat the weakest one? It’s shameful.”

But their negativity toward Republicans didn’t translate to rosy feelings for the Democrats, who, they said, too frequently ignored working-class people. And some of the blame, they said, fell on their fellow workers, many of whom supported Republicans against their own interests. “The membership”—the union rank-and-file—“voted for these Republicans because of them drat guns,” a Laborers Union official said. “You cannot push it out of their head. A lot of ‘em loved it when Walker kicked our rear end.”

Debriefing after this particular group, the Third Way listeners said they found the union men demoralizing. “I feel like they can’t see their way out,” Hale said.

“They were very negative,” Paul Neaville, another researcher, concurred.

They were so fixated on blaming Republicans, Hale fretted. “It was very us-and-them.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/on-safari-in-trumps-america/543288/

oh and ofc the "study" was done by third way

babypolis has issued a correction as of 16:57 on Jul 11, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you know what was hilarious? when Ed Lee dropped dead while grocery shopping at Safeway. i hope he's being sodomized by pitchforks

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Thank you

also good: bloody nose Nigel Farage in front of a capsized Cessna

edit: not actually a cessna but you get my point

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what is this from? i hate it

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

In high school (like 1998, maybe) my civics teacher made us read The Disuniting of America and was really upset that we universally hated it and that one student explicitly compared the author to Hitler.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

cenotaph posted:

In high school (like 1998, maybe) my civics teacher made us read The Disuniting of America and was really upset that we universally hated it and that one student explicitly compared the author to Hitler.

me knowing nothing, thinks the title and your co-pupils review make it sound like the Turner Diaries

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Joy Reid

just, like, everything to do with her

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

tinstaach posted:

Joy Reid

she claimed that Russia hacked the internet archive to make her look homophobic in her old blog lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tinstaach posted:

Joy Reid

i find her more pathetic, and occasionally annoying, than funny

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Henry A Wallace was FDR's vice president but we still somehow ended up with Truman instead

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ikanreed posted:

Henry A Wallace was FDR's vice president but we still somehow ended up with Truman instead

fdr blessed the nuclear program back when it started up in '39. nobody told truman about it until 12 days after fdr kicked the bucket lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

if people kept their drat lips zipped, anime might have never been created

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

binders full of women

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

binders full of women

and they settled on Palin!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

and they settled on Palin!!

Wrong lovely Republican candidate

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ikanreed posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ikanreed posted:

whoops that emburrissing

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Sorry what the actual gently caress is this?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

"I picked up a bunch of fake mustaches and beards and grabbed a leftover wig from our recent trip to Japan," [Macklemore] said. The only fake nose he could find at a costume store at the last minute was "a big witch nose."

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Eat This Glob posted:

fdr blessed the nuclear program back when it started up in '39. nobody told truman about it until 12 days after fdr kicked the bucket lol

lol Truman was pathetic in basically every way. His political career was bought by criminals who he was in the pocket of for years, then immediately used nukes when he found out about them, promises unions everything during his re-election campaign and then gave them absolutely nothing. he was honestly a snivelling little loser who happened to inherit FDR’s good will

e: even in his personal life! he begged and pleaded the girl he had a crush on in high school to marry him for 20 years and she finally relented when he became VP

Calico Heart has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Jul 13, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
*1950s republican voice* TRUMAN LOST CHINA

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
should have unleashed Chiang.

:negative:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

holy moly they weren't even dressing up shylock to be this much of a caricature in in the 1930s lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

It’s macklemore performing the hit song “thrift shop,” a song about being cheap

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this picture was kept hidden until after Obama was out of office, so that the Republicans wouldn't be mean to him I guess

rofl

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

A Handed Missus posted:

this picture was kept hidden until after Obama was out of office, so that the Republicans wouldn't be mean to him I guess

rofl

idgi? (Not American so that may be it, or I'm just really really dumb)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

An insane mind posted:

idgi? (Not American so that may be it, or I'm just really really dumb)

that's extremely high-energy poster Louis Farrakhan

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
There are so many people running for president that I only just today remembered that Bill de Blasio is running even though I watched both debates

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

e: even in his personal life! he begged and pleaded the girl he had a crush on in high school to marry him for 20 years and she finally relented when he became VP

lmao i havent dove into his personal life at all, but knowing his career that is the most harry truman thing I've ever read so I dont doubt it for a second

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
that time when less than 50,000 people in NYC lost power and the media breathlessly reported on it like it was the most important story in the world even though at the same time more than twice that many people in Louisiana had lost power and they got far less coverage.

oh wait that's right now lol

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

A Handed Missus posted:

rofl

Obama's incredible milquetoastness is rather bizarre given this and reverend Wright unless of course Obama just seeks power (he did)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Adolph Reed in 1996 posted:

In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway. So far the black activist response hasn’t been up to the challenge. We have to do better.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

im on the net me boys posted:

There are so many people running for president that I only just today remembered that Bill de Blasio is running even though I watched both debates
i like the fact that he's running because it makes NYC media extremely mad. unlike most of the Dems in the race, he isn't complete poo poo

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i like the fact that he's running because it makes NYC media extremely mad. unlike most of the Dems in the race, he isn't complete poo poo

why is he so disliked?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

babypolis posted:

why is he so disliked?

Lazy. hasn't fixed the subways, pitted Asians and African Americans and Latinos against each other with the magnet school reforms. Currently polling in the 30%s in NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

*1950s republican voice* TRUMAN LOST CHINA

they were right

tho I think their preferred course of action was, uh, a lot worse