Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

all FF4 stuff is banked until we go to the moon

Hey, we got Calcabrina And sort of the Giant of Babel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Is there anybody on Excalibur who can craft a Summer Indigo Shirt? Managed to get the mats for it but haven't been able to find anybody in my FC who can make the thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
We might be doing a lot of that with Eden but I still want Ultimecia's castle as an alliance raid

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Silvergun1000 posted:

Is there anybody on Excalibur who can craft a Summer Indigo Shirt? Managed to get the mats for it but haven't been able to find anybody in my FC who can make the thing.

I'm wondering how long it took you/how much it cost to track down those ingredients because they seemed kind of spendy.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

One thing that I hadn't seen discussed (althought I didn't read all the black boxes)
In one of the quests for aether currents in Amourot, the guy mentions that he was trying to make a set of clothes and passing school children invaded his thoughts enough for him to make them child sized. If that's all it takes to ruin a set of clothes, how easy would it be to gently caress up the "will of the star."

Emet-Selch claims to be altruistic, but who knows.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Kwyndig posted:

I'm wondering how long it took you/how much it cost to track down those ingredients because they seemed kind of spendy.

I've done 4 Zonureskin maps and got 2 Indigo Cloths. That's probably a little lucky, but I think they aren't super uncommon. The price should go down pretty quickly.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Flavahbeast posted:

all FF4 stuff is banked until we go to the moon

(ShB Spoilers)

Now that we know that the Ascians we encounter use titles of office as opposed to their true names, since there's the one Ascian whom we always see plotting and planning on the moon there's like a 1000% chance that at some point we're going to confront Elidibus for a proper boss battle and he's going to turn out to be Zemus/Zeromus.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:shepface: In my desire for all the pets and such possible I'm faced with the sightseeing log. I'm looking over this thing and oh boy is this going to be rough. I found one earlier but apparently you can only activate it at 8AM to 12PM server time if it's cloudy. So I guess that's going to be a long term goal.

I have noticed a fun thing, any time I'm running about and find someone else riding a fat chocobo we almost always stop and just stare at one another before going on our way. The secret kinship of fat birds I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just realized that they either intentionally or conveniently closed the plothole of the Eureka thing being done to kill an Ascian who showed up later. It's just a different shard of that Ascian.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Vadoc posted:

Have you also tried going to Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\downloads\ffxivpatch and deleting the folders in there?

Didnt work sadly

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, we got Calcabrina And sort of the Giant of Babel.

Wasn't there a dragoon that got mind controlled multiple times in that ga-Oh no Estinien, get away from the plot!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blockhouse posted:

Here's what I'm really curious about : what's going to be our Warring Triad/Four Lords trial series this expansiion? Warring Triad was signposted in advance but I can't think of anything so obviously "hey you're going to fight this" in Shadowbringers, so it may be more like Four Lords where there's zero foreshadowing and you just find out about the whole thing in a dungeon in the same patch.

I was gonna guess the first one is the escaped experiment from the academia since I don't think we killed it, but it turns out it's the rare fate spawn for that zone so that explains that. With so much of the First still unexplored though, and knowing we'll still somehow get to Nier in the future, it can be anything.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Moons haunted

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

ImpAtom posted:

I just realized that they either intentionally or conveniently closed the plothole of the Eureka thing being done to kill an Ascian who showed up later. It's just a different shard of that Ascian.

That wasn't really a plothole. They killed the guy by dunking the entire island into the lifestream, causing everyone to be swept into that flow. It's not more of a plothole than Thordin eating Lahabrea.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I love Samurai. It loving...owns

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Dancer 80 quest was amazing. Worth leveling the job just for the big scene. :allears:

Not really plot spoilers but amazing scene spoilers:

https://imgur.com/a/RnCKQRO

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1150223494770302976?s=21

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

BrightWing posted:

Moons haunted

...what??

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

*squeezing greatsword into suitcase* moons haunted

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I knew we should have called an exorcist after the moon was resurrected.

This is why Piccolo can't have nice things :colbert:

Squiddycat posted:

I love Samurai. It loving...owns

It does.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I felt the need to record this dialogue option. Grim and heavy as Shadowbringers' story is, they also nail the comedy.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Working on MCH, maybe i'm missing something, but what's the use case for Flamethrower other than "I want to go get a soda and afk"?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Got SCH up to 75, and I think I finally figured out why Holminster feels so loving hard to heal: it has some of the briskest pacing of any dungeon in ShB. Most dungeons have fairly distinct gaps between section gates, but the next pull after each gate in Holminster is close enough to sneeze on, meaning that there's almost no time to recover mana or for CDs to cycle. You're running on empty for the majority of the dungeon; if your tank is trying to wall pull without perfectly cycling CDs to keep incoming damage within your HPS range, everything can go completely to hell.

Obviously, this serves an important narrative function, so I can't be too hard on it, but it does highlight one of the difficulties engendered by SE's internal testing policy: you can't really recreate the same environment of the DF in a testing lab. The pacing's probably fine if you're with a group of people you know and trust, who are willing to adjust to eachother's preferences, and who are all reasonably competent at their job, but it turns into a bit of a nightmare when this isn't the case.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 14, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Australia gets dominos that delivers the drat game + 3 large pizzas and drinks a MSRP value, haircuts and we get jack poo poo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YorexTheMad posted:

Working on MCH, maybe i'm missing something, but what's the use case for Flamethrower other than "I want to go get a soda and afk"?

As far as I can tell it might as well not be on your bar, but there's probably some random situations with a boat load of adds after you've already used up your auto crossbow time where the flamethrower is actually useful.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

YorexTheMad posted:

short version: aoe priority is bioblaster, autocrossbow, flamethrower, spread shot. channel it for three seconds and cancel it into spread shot

long version:

quote:

Its hard to explain without some numbers.

At 2 targets, Flamethrower is technically a gain over Spread Shot (not factoring autos; Im too lazy for that), if we go by Potency per Second. FT = 200pps on 2 targets, and Spread Shot = 144pps on 2 targets. However, the real answer is a bit complicated.

Spread Shot has auto-attacks enabled and generates Heat; things Flamethrower does not have. Heat, obviously is a potency increase of its own as long as it can lead to an extra/more effective Hypercharge in the duration of the PvE encounter. Most of the time, you do get extra uses, especially in dungeons.
Flamethrower vs Spread Shot depends on exactly how we model it. For now, discounting auto-attacks that Spread Shot has, which Flamethrower does not, looking at the below numbers can help understand.

For more detailed info, check out this pastebin @ https://pastebin.com/cMZC4Xrf. It also contains info on 3 tick Flamethrower & why its the safest way to use Flamethrower in an AoE rotation, alongside its extra potency potential.

edit: ah poo poo the pastebin was removed, poo

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
To anyone who has beaten the msq: go watch the opening movie again. See what the gremlin is saying? Now where have you seen that before...

Canine Conspiracy
Dec 16, 2011

Ironslave posted:

That wasn't really a plothole. They killed the guy by dunking the entire island into the lifestream, causing everyone to be swept into that flow. It's not more of a plothole than Thordin eating Lahabrea.

That's not where the inconsistency was. Eureka reveals that the Isle of Val was dunked to kill Emmerololth when the island disappeared in the 2.1-2.2 range. There's a speaking line from Emmerololth in 2.3, during the big Ascian group scene. Shadowbringers ties it up by saying "sometimes when an Ascian gets killed, they just pull another reflection of the same soul off a different shard and give them the same name/title", explaining neatly why he was there to deliver a line after he was supposed to have died.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

short version:

long version:

galaxy brain version: IT'S 100 FREE POTENCY WHEN THE BOSS COMES BACK FROM LEAVING THE STAGE :supaburn:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So DNC question, should I be stockpiling Fan Dances at all or just jamming them out asap?

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Kaubocks posted:

galaxy brain version: IT'S 100 FREE POTENCY WHEN THE BOSS COMES BACK FROM LEAVING THE STAGE :supaburn:

wow that's a nerf incoming

MCH is incredibly fun now. It's fun to alternate between spamming a million tiny shots during overheat follow by big honkin' drill to the face.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YorexTheMad posted:

wow that's a nerf incoming

MCH is incredibly fun now. It's fun to alternate between spamming a million tiny shots during overheat follow by big honkin' drill to the face.

GIGA DRILL BREAK goes through my head every time I hit that button and I love it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So DNC question, should I be stockpiling Fan Dances at all or just jamming them out asap?

save them for the technical finish buff window if possible

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Don't overcap but save them for buff windows.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Another MCH question: Is it better to pop my turret as soon as it's available, or wait until battery is at 100?

Does that change when I get the Queen?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Melomane Mallet posted:

To anyone who has beaten the msq: go watch the opening movie again. See what the gremlin is saying? Now where have you seen that before...

That gremlin was 100% a spoiler free standin for Emet-Selch.

Fun fact, those words also completely apply to himself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

YorexTheMad posted:

Another MCH question: Is it better to pop my turret as soon as it's available, or wait until battery is at 100?

Does that change when I get the Queen?

Either is fine but you do want to fully charge for Queen.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Question about a post game dungeon. Yo what the gently caress is up with the Twinning, am I just bad at video games all of a sudden. This first boss was wild and by wild I mean "I kept wiping to the same mechanic despite my best efforts, and since I was the healer this lead to a chain failure as there was no rez." Is Akademia easier? It would be one thing if it felt like I was learning the fight, but it's not even tense, it's more like in the 10-20% zone of the boss I will get smeared by adds even if I avoid cracking a tube. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Save them for cooldown buffs.