Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Welcome Burnout Brother.

I waited until I was fully out of the dealership parking lot before laying stripes.

https://imgur.com/a/PDdICfS(Turn on sound)

Can you imbed mp4s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

TheFonz posted:

Welcome Burnout Brother.

I waited until I was fully out of the dealership parking lot before laying stripes.

Can you imbed mp4s?

https://i.imgur.com/PITqqyf.mp4

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Thanks Boss.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I bought a mk4 TDI with a blown motor to replace my E46, because I love self harm

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's a mighty crack. I know we all love Mk4 VWs, but I didn't know they blew motors like that? I guess anything can, with the right care.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

Welcome Burnout Brother.

Thanks nice to be here.

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

If you don't my asking, what'd you get it for? I was debating a 392 Challenger before I bought my (4th) wrx, and the charger has been catching my eye lately.

Sent you a DM.

Ether Frenzy posted:

What's the break-in period/when are you going to do a burnout?

500 miles. The 245 rear tires are totally inadequate so im going to roast the rears as soon as possible and get some 275s on there. :cool:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I've got a 1986 Bronco II project. The motor and everything else have been gone through and it runs great, but now it needs some upholstery and a new fender since the previous owner was apparently not a great driver. I loving love this thing and it hasn't given me any trouble since I had the TFI module moved away from the firewall. At some point I'm replacing the injectors with carbs, because I'm a dick and I hate poo poo I can't easily fix myself. I'm never selling this thing.

My fiance Dank AF won't post his own stuff but he's got a 1976 Nova, a 1986 Fiero and a 1988 Honda Civic that's a project because for some reason he loves those.

[/url]

The Fiero's 4cyl engine just got bored out into being a 2.6ltr, and the Nova has an 8cyl motor so it's way overpowered too. The Nova is gorgeous, all dark purple on the outside and dark blue and black on the inside. Lots of rust from sitting in a field for fifteen years, but that's not a hard fix.

We also turned a bus into a house once, but sold that last year. The bus was a 2001 New Flyer and ran on CNG.

So anyway hi I'm Scathach and I think we have a car problem. We've been looking at houses and deciding what we buy based on parking space.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I actually was just thinking I hadn't seen a Bronco II in forever.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The fact I can haul stuff but still do a u-turn on a thin road and park anywhere made me fall in love with these things. It's not even terrible on gas. I don't know if I got lucky and got a good one or what.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TheFonz posted:

Welcome Burnout Brother.

Can you imbed mp4s?

Sounds sick do a burnout

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Bronco II is my wife's all time favorite. Only car/suv she even cares about really. Great color.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Scathach posted:

The fact I can haul stuff but still do a u-turn on a thin road and park anywhere made me fall in love with these things. It's not even terrible on gas. I don't know if I got lucky and got a good one or what.

Haha yes, the turning radius on those is hilarious. I guy I knew had one and I didn't believe him the first time he said he could do a uturn in the road without having to stop.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

always be closing posted:

Bronco II is my wife's all time favorite. Only car/suv she even cares about really. Great color.

A few years back this old man was selling one in a local town with like 70k but it was an automatic :negative:

I was v disappointed. It was in incredible shape.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I used to have a manual but changed to an auto when my anxiety hosed me up for a couple years. I'm cool staying with auto as long as I still have my all-wheel drive when the snow hits.

The Bronco reads at 47k miles. At first I figured that was more like 147 but the interior shows it really doesn't have a lot of drive time. The carpet is pretty much in perfect shape. The guy I bought it from said it was sitting in some old lady's garage for years before he bought it so the mileage might be right. Honestly though I'm just going to keep fixing it as we both get old and lovely anyway so it doesn't really matter.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Crustashio posted:

I bought a mk4 TDI with a blown motor to replace my E46, because I love self harm

Really curious how they managed to blow that up. Those things generally run forever with only basic care.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Crossposting from BWM thread, someone needs to make this happen!

Duckman2008 posted:

Why buy a Ford Raptor when you can buy the Weiner Mobile?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/clt/d/house-springs-oscar-mayer-weiner-mobile/6926001317.html

The Weiner Mobile was manufactured in 2004 at Craftsman industries in St. Charles Mo. This is one of only 8 remaining in the United States. It is built on a Dodge Ram 2500 chassis. Has a 5.9l Cummins motor, with an Allision transmission. It is not perfect. It has been in my storage lot at 21 and highway MM for about 8 months. We last had it on the road in November of 2018. It starts and drives if you jump start it. Will need fresh batteries for sure. Also smokes a little, it will run and drive to get it back to your house or shop, but in the spirit of honesty I think it will need injectors in the next year or so. The windshield is cracked and will need to be replaced, it is about $1200 and I believe the price reflects that. It has some tree scuffs on the passenger side from entering a campground last year, more then likely could be buffed out. The interior is in very good shape but will need a through detailing. The door still works, there are a few interior lights that need new bulbs. The Pictures are as of last November. Currently looks the same just some bugs and dirt that need to be washed off. I will get some more current pictures next week after the holiday.

I purchased this truck back in 2012 from Oscar Mayer. I took it around for several years to show it off and always planned to one day turn it into a drag car. I always wanted to go fast in the wiener mobile. Unfortunately my wife was pissed the day I bought it and has never gotten over it. I fear if I keep it any longer I will be put out on my butt. I have a letter from Oscar Mayer stating that we can continue to use it with the Oscar Mayer logo as long as we send in a copy of current safety inspection, pictures of the Weiner, and insurance. I just sent this in last November before we went on a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks, so you should be good until November of 2020. This is my baby and I really do not want to get rid of it. Please do not low ball me I know what it is worth. Text is best for me as I work alot show contact info . I go to bed at 8pm so please no calls or text after 8. I will be available to show it evenings and most weekends by appointment only. Asking $7500.00 firm! Clean and clear title, trades welcome!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Only $7500? Well that's tempting.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Enos Cabell posted:

...planned to one day turn it into a drag car.

I like where this guy's head is at. poo poo, you could even keep the Cummins and take it to one of those Super Bro Diesel shops and get like 1000 ft/lbs out of it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Rollin' coal in the Wiener mobile.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I like where this guy's head is at. poo poo, you could even keep the Cummins and take it to one of those Super Bro Diesel shops and get like 1000 ft/lbs out of it.

Super Bro Diesel Shop is my new band name.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Super Bro Diesel Shop is my new band name.

Name of the next generation Mario Kart.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Scathach posted:

I've got a 1986 Bronco II project. The motor and everything else have been gone through and it runs great, but now it needs some upholstery and a new fender since the previous owner was apparently not a great driver. I loving love this thing and it hasn't given me any trouble since I had the TFI module moved away from the firewall. At some point I'm replacing the injectors with carbs, because I'm a dick and I hate poo poo I can't easily fix myself. I'm never selling this thing.

You bought a car and somehow became the perfect Bronco II owner. You don't happen to have just turned 70, have you?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

DJ Commie posted:

You bought a car and somehow became the perfect Bronco II owner. You don't happen to have just turned 70, have you?

I'm 33 :shrug:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Ran into a dude with a super nice 76 town coupe at the grocery store.

The 70s were just better, we have to go back.

And I thought your car was big.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

NitroSpazzz posted:

Really curious how they managed to blow that up. Those things generally run forever with only basic care.

This is a BEW (cam driver injectors). It's not quite as stout as the ALH , but will generally go for awhile. I plan to do a teardown once I have a new motor in. I know the PO, he takes care of his stuff. We think it's just a fluke failure, it happened instantly while just cruising along.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Crustashio posted:

This is a BEW (cam driver injectors). It's not quite as stout as the ALH , but will generally go for awhile. I plan to do a teardown once I have a new motor in. I know the PO, he takes care of his stuff. We think it's just a fluke failure, it happened instantly while just cruising along.
Ouch that sucks. Look forward to a tear down.

Also if you don't mind me asking I'm curious what you paid for a replacement motor. I've considered picking one up for ....things

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

TheFonz posted:

Welcome Burnout Brother.

Can you imbed mp4s?

i wanna see you race that rs3 haha

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not the most exciting car, but it's exciting for me. 2019 Mazda 3 5 Door AWD.

Sumbitch has radar cruise among other adaptive driving tech.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Nice! :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not emptyquoting.

My brother just got a CX5 Grand Touring for his wife and that thing is legit nice. The only problem is it's got the normally aspirated motor and for $33k, it should have more power than it does.

The electronic implementation is top-notch, though. It's got HUD with sign detection that shows the current speed limit on the road you're on and some other things... pretty cool stuff.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

um excuse me posted:

Not the most exciting car, but it's exciting for me. 2019 Mazda 3 5 Door AWD.

Sumbitch has radar cruise among other adaptive driving tech.

huh, where's all the chrome bits??? (I like it like this).

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

So I've had this truck for a while now, guess it's time to post now:

2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD

I got it with 75000 miles on the odometer in July 2017 100% stock.

Since then I've put 35000 miles on it by using it as my daily driver and adventure vehicle.

It's been to ten states and one Canadian province.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXiTLEIYBp4

Driving it can be occasionally challenging.

It's a cool vehicle but the really nifty part is the people that I've met along the way and made friends with. I was feeling pretty bummed a few years ago and kind of pushed away the few friends I had. Between the dogs and the adventuring I'm in a much better place now.

Paying the dog tax, meet Lemmy and Leeloo!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Very cool, do you DD that?

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Very cool, do you DD that?

Yeah I do.

I'm lucky enough to have an 11 mile commute. I'm actually looking to pick up a small car to commute in to save on gas, add fun, and also enable me to take on projects on the truck that will take it off the road for longer periods of time such as fitting it for a second battery + solar array + charge controller to support longer trips into the back country.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

All diesel, all 5 speed manuals, all Land Cruisers. That HZJ70 in the back there is having the DMV inspect it as we must do on everything we import Monday morning. The LJ78 in the middle is what we daily drive, and the HDJ8 in front has an appointment at a local specialty shop for some suspension work. We've never had them all in one place yet so figured we could take some ~social media~ pics to build OUR BRAND.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

V2 bitches

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Disrespectful showing off.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Worse panel gap than a Tesla

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Sick now do a burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I already seent it on Instagram and you got my ❤️ there. That was a good turnaround on the rebuild.