Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Extreme Rules live up to the EXTREME Spirit?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I almost didn't realize this was WWE and not late 90s ECW! 2 4.26%
No... it's even more Extreme than anything they've ever done before! 7 14.89%
Wow this show is really cool. Like.... I've never seen anything cooler than this. 7 14.89%
So wait, why doesn't Baron Corbin just kick Becky in the face and pin HER? 31 65.96%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pretty boring for most of it. Some good spectacle spots. This match needed actual heat to really work and it never had a prayer of getting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The crowd was super into the ending of the match which is good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I still can't help but hear THEMONSTERMENG every time I hear someone say that Braun is The Monster.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol ECdub chant

good lord

Philadelphia was Always Bad

that match was a flaming pile of poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

Totally exceeded expectations and the crowd went crazy for the finish. Good stuff.

lol sure bud

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

lol corey

"It's hard to tell what the height was..."

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
there are still so many matches left on this card.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AJ vs Ric O'Shea is probably going to be the MOTN.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Ok so no camera angle showed the impact into the Mystery Zone.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish the show was over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

ahah awesome

80s rebecca de mornay is one of the most beatiful women in the entire history of mankind

Watching The Hand That Rocks The Cradle and thinking,"Yeah she's a murderer but.... you know.... who am I to judge....?"

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Wait I mean Impact Zone!!!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol sure bud

You are just trolling at this stage. Explain what I am wrong about? I didn't come into the match with high expectations and the first half was boring but it ended great.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Karl has jaundice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol sure bud

The crowd absolutely was 100% super into the ending of the match. There's no disputing that, even if the mystery cube was silly and the ref counting while staring at a blank wall was kinda dumb.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The crowd absolutely was 100% super into the ending of the match. There's no disputing that, even if the mystery cube was silly and the ref counting while staring at a blank wall was kinda dumb.

The crowd would be into literally anything right now. They want to justify buying a ticket so bad they're cheering for a Lashley match

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

And they cut just prior to him crawling toward it so you knew he was still moving and going to break through.

STill liked the spot though

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah they popped huge for Kool-Aid Braun

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

If I hear “history” one more time...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

You are just trolling at this stage.

I don't think the match really exceeded expectations Rov, I was tuning out for pretty much all but the last 5-6 minutes.

I agree you're right that the crowd was way into the ending though. The match just felt heatless and forced to me even though there were a few neat bits.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not saying the ending wasn't alright - I'm saying the match was garbage throughout

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Hey, look! Fat guys!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This should be a crowd pleaser.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Thought he was going to rip off Steiner math

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
i missed almost all that match besides the ending so i agree that it exceeded expectations

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Heavy machinery are Blue Pill Hard

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Thought he was going to rip off Steiner math

i wish he had

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

I agree you're right that the crowd was way into the ending though. The match just felt heatless and forced to me even though there were a few neat bits.

Both things are very accurate. The match suffered the same issues that most WWE LMS matches do, but they did a pretty good job of working it so the crowd bought into it, and the Kool-Aid Man spot at the end was a great visual even if they had to make the ref look dumb to do it (he should have been shot from below counting from the top so BRAUN! bursting out on the level below him came completely by surprise).

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The crowd would be into literally anything right now. They want to justify buying a ticket so bad they're cheering for a Lashley match

loving lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Was the Taker match good? I didn't tune in until Cesaro/Black

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After hearing this commentary team again for the first time in a while somehow Marvez is still better

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Umm

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
wow look at this dead crowd lmao!

wow look at this crowd trying to... justify their ticket purchase??? what a poo poo match!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
in... instead of the worm, otis does what, otis, otis does the caterpillar instead

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think the match really exceeded expectations Rov, I was tuning out for pretty much all but the last 5-6 minutes.

I AGREE

I expected worse. So it over delivered and I am not only person who said this.

For example

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1150570422351663105

I wish some people here would stop pretending my opinions are unique to me or I am doing a bit.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Big Thourf Marrius looking ready tonight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

spongeh posted:

wow look at this crowd trying to... justify their ticket purchase??? what a poo poo match!

I'm glad you're enjoying the show

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

If you like Oldertaker matches then this is the best one he’s had in a hot minute

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Watching The Hand That Rocks The Cradle and thinking,"Yeah she's a murderer but.... you know.... who am I to judge....?"

having a story with batshit crazy girls im thinking mmmm maybe if i love her things will work out in the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

spongeh posted:

please don't make fun of me