Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Extreme Rules live up to the EXTREME Spirit?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I almost didn't realize this was WWE and not late 90s ECW! 2 4.26%
No... it's even more Extreme than anything they've ever done before! 7 14.89%
Wow this show is really cool. Like.... I've never seen anything cooler than this. 7 14.89%
So wait, why doesn't Baron Corbin just kick Becky in the face and pin HER? 31 65.96%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

I wish some people here would stop pretending my opinions are unique to me or I am doing a bit.

For what it's worth I always respect your opinions as being earnest even though I frequently disagree with them and sometimes think you broadcast them a bit extra-loudly because you seem to have a contrarian streak. :)

This has been a good match so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"OH THAT'S RIGHT! NO DQs!" :lol:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
this should have been on the preshow instead of nak vs devitt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

having a story with batshit crazy girls im thinking mmmm maybe if i love her things will work out in the end?

Oh no, I was under no illusions that she would murder the hell out of me. It's just.... you know... have you seen what she looked like in 1992?

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
I passed out after Michael Cole said, "THE ALMIGHTY" the hundredth time and just came to

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Decided to watch this on a whim, and this man is wearing a belt with spandex. Bold.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
when did action bronson start wrestling

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That LMS match had like two good spots and the finish was not one of them.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Luke72w posted:

I passed out after Michael Cole said, "THE ALMIGHTY" the hundredth time and just came to

Your message was truncated. Came to what?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

For what it's worth I always respect your opinions as being earnest even though I frequently disagree with them and sometimes think you broadcast them a bit extra-loudly because you seem to have a contrarian streak. :)

This has been a good match so far!

Saying a crowd reacted for the finish or for the Undertaker isn't contrarianism though. Yet some posters are denying two observable things.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Now Otis vs Strowman would have been a hellova hoss off

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commentators talking about current WWE superstar Rhyno whose non-compete doesn't end I think for a couple days yet so certainly hasn't been on any other wrestling promotion!

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Your message was truncated. Came to what?

Otis saying "UHHHHHR YEAH"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Saying a crowd reacted for the finish or for the Undertaker isn't contrarianism though. Yet some posters are denying two observable things.

rovert. Stop. Please.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Luke72w posted:

Otis saying "UHHHHHR YEAH"

That was dreamy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Commentators talking about current WWE superstar Rhyno whose non-compete doesn't end I think for a couple days yet so certainly hasn't been on any other wrestling promotion!

I like how Otis was doing real work in there and looking like an impressive hoss so of course they call him Chris Farley

They refuse to get anyone over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BIG E must be so confused being the smallest guy in the ring.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
rovert and jerusalem are like a frog and a toad riding bicycles together

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

rovert posted:

I AGREE

I expected worse. So it over delivered and I am not only person who said this.

For example

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1150570422351663105

I wish some people here would stop pretending my opinions are unique to me or I am doing a bit.

You can find someone on Twitter who agrees with any possible opinion. It does not mean anything, and no one is saying that you literally are the only person on earth to think a thing so your attempts at "evidence" to the contrary are entirely unnecessary.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

90% sure it is Tuesday

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Otis rules

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love otis like I loved scott norton

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drew McIntyre posted:

rovert and jerusalem are like a frog and a toad riding bicycles together

"We have to stop watching WWE!" we cried as we reached for another Network billing cycle.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Otis is a funny doofus fat guy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
id let 1992 rebecca de mornay murder me

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I wish super smash bros were in this match

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This is a fun match! Where have this Heavy Machinery been? If you're looking for answers to AEW's product, this is the strongest one they've offered yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love otis like I loved scott norton

How many flapjacks you think Otis can eat?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tucker has been really busting his rear end over Heavy Machinery's WWE run to get noticed along with Otis and I hope it works.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pork chops were loving awesome

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

This is a fun match! Where have this Heavy Machinery been? If you're looking for answers to AEW's product, this is the strongest one they've offered yet.

Yeah Heavy Machinery is like a fun 1990's-rear end tag team and I dig it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

They were really good at their last match against Bryan/Rowan too.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Cesaro/Black is the thing they should run with but yeah Heavy Machinary are great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the popular 'toad and frog' story is actually about a scorpion and a tortoise. and the results are much different. i dont know why people made up that other thing, wrongly, like when people say "for all intensive purposes" and look like they don't even know how to read.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Sanguinia posted:

this is like the worst match to say this with considering aew had a fuckfest 3 way tag last night

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

How many flapjacks you think Otis can eat?

Not as many as Scott Norton, unfortunately

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Otis is drat good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan sneaking in for a tag like a sneaky little poo poo owns

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I can not support heavy machinery until i see a fat guy dive or moonsault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Erebus posted:

You can find someone on Twitter who agrees with any possible opinion. It does not mean anything, and no one is saying that you literally are the only person on earth to think a thing so your attempts at "evidence" to the contrary are entirely unnecessary.

True but I am fairly sure that most reviews will likely agree with me about the finish. Nothing I've said in this thread has been out there at all.

Ultimately I prefer to discuss the show and not me. Can we knock off the needless combativeness?

Jerusalem posted:

rovert. Stop. Please.

I am just expressing my actual thoughts on the show and a lot of which you've agreed with me on.