Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Who in thread title still has a job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
jim&sam and bennington right

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

jim&sam and bennington right

Kumia too even though hes self employed.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Vos was on Jim and Sam today with his wife Bonnie and they literally poo poo on him for at least an hour as I drove to work about how loving dumb he is so yeah.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://twitter.com/BenningtonShow/status/1148267563522121734

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Chris' mom is back?!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rich just getting simple words wrong was a great bit for years in the pre Obama o and a days.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Before Rich Vos, and even before Jim Norton, there was Spaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KCnT853OUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vCluTcgKDo

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
It's been six years since a Jocktober. That really good period of the show from like 2005-2007 was 13 years ago.

Jesus H.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So how's Jimmy Norton doing since he got beaten up in that bagel shop?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Did the Sparks and Spaz tell all podcast ever happen?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

T Bowl posted:

Vos was on Jim and Sam today with his wife Bonnie and they literally poo poo on him for at least an hour as I drove to work about how loving dumb he is so yeah.

Hahaha I just gave that show a listen, it was loving amazing.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The clip is pretty good. It was a little annoying that one day when they were complaining about their youtube channel and management, but is pretty nice for them to have full segments up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNooIHSKHY

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
I unironically enjoy Jim and Sam. This morning they actually have the angry short bagel guy in studio. Might be worth a listen

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Birthday Cake posted:

I unironically enjoy Jim and Sam. This morning they actually have the angry short bagel guy in studio. Might be worth a listen

They have him in every day.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Gonzo McFee posted:

They have him in every day.

You're thinking of the angry short egg white guy.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm super late to the party but how do you even get fired from a podcast? Lol opie is garbage.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Birthday Cake posted:

It was a pretty good episode. They spent the first break commenting on this guys various YouTube videos, never once hinting that he was going to be on the show, then they come back from break and the guy is in the studio, and hes exactly as you would expect him to be.

I cracked up hard when they came back after the interview playing skee lo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

zapplez posted:

I'm super late to the party but how do you even get fired from a podcast? Lol opie is garbage.

He wasnt puttin up da numbas.

He was super low effort on his podcasts too. He would podcast from bars and restaurants, dumb poo poo like that.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

empty baggie posted:

It was a pretty good episode. They spent the first break commenting on this guys various YouTube videos, never once hinting that he was going to be on the show, then they come back from break and the guy is in the studio, and hes exactly as you would expect him to be.

A white Beetlejuice?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I just saw in my town's paper that Rich Vos is performing in an amphitheater for a free show at 6pm on August 1st, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be family friendly. I can't wait to see this shitshow. Rich Vos in NE TN doing a clean set in the daylight.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 25, 2019

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Wanna buy a dryer... door??

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I owe my daughter six dollars for Girl Scout cookies and im dodgin her...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Random question: Which jocktober show started with the announcer giving the quip "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?!" before introducing the hosts? I want to relive that moment.

Morter fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 27, 2019

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Morter posted:

Random question: Which jocktober show started with the announced giving the quip "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?!" before introducing the hosts? I want to relive that moment.

WE'RE JUST TWO GUYS

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Morter posted:

Random question: Which jocktober show started with the announced giving the quip "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?!" before introducing the hosts? I want to relive that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRzlBQ4QSGs

Think its this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJFUTE87L6A

This has to be the best Jocktober by far, one where Opie genuinely brings funny moments and it is because everyone turns on him.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

To be clear, it's not john and jeff. The announcer makes a quick joke and then gives the names of the hosts, as opposed to J&J where they say "We're two guys who think that ____ should ____!"

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So anthony finally is releasing his show for free to podcasts apps for sound only. Its actually not a bad listen, his co-host dave is pretty good. When they get to riffing its the closest to funny old O&A shows. Lot of fast-forwarding when he gets too trumpy though. But with 8 hours of podcast a week for free its a good addition to my

1 hour - Tuesdays with Stories
1 hour - Your Mom's House
3-0 hours - Joe Rogan (varies hard with guest)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

zapplez posted:

So anthony finally is releasing his show for free to podcasts apps for sound only. Its actually not a bad listen, his co-host dave is pretty good. When they get to riffing its the closest to funny old O&A shows. Lot of fast-forwarding when he gets too trumpy though. But with 8 hours of podcast a week for free its a good addition to my

1 hour - Tuesdays with Stories
1 hour - Your Mom's House
3-0 hours - Joe Rogan (varies hard with guest)

Try out Cum Town. You might like it. If you can tolerate the ratio of funny:unfunny of O&A or TACS, you can definitely stomach that of Cum Town, where the gold is much higher a quality and the boring, dumb poo poo like Stav's fat rear end talking about food usually being less bad than Ant screaming about the Dark Menace threatening freedom of speech.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
cumtown is the show that definitely reminds me the most of like 2005 era opie and anthony when we thought anthony was being racist only ironically

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Google image search Dave Landau and ignore everything that guy just said about listening to Cumia's poo poo show

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Morter posted:

I wonder if there's a compilation of every "O&A attack another show" segment. There were a LOT, even outside of Jocktober. I remember there was a segment where they made fun of a show that played some god awful "Hell no to h20!!" parody song. It's been like 12 years and it still pops into my head sometimes.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pillBlue Chew(use code CUMTOWN)the story ends, you wake up in your bed and your lil rear end dick is hard. You take the red pillyou stay in Wonderland, and I show you how racist a former tin knocker from Long Island can be. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

feigning interest posted:

After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pillBlue Chew(use code CUMTOWN)the story ends, you wake up in your bed and your lil rear end dick is hard. You take the red pillyou stay in Wonderland, and I show you how racist a former tin knocker from Long Island can be. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

Hahahaha, hell yeah, bitch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stefan Prodan posted:

cumtown is the show that definitely reminds me the most of like 2005 era opie and anthony when we thought anthony was being racist only ironically

yeah this is how i thought of cumtown when i first got into it (nick's funnier than ant ever was though). i guess i woulda known anthony was legit racist back then if i had known how he got his start in radio.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tony Soprano dating Pepper Anne is one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard in my life.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I still think Brain Parasite Jeff Foxworthy (ft. Inspector human being) is one of the best things ever. (IT WAS THE JEWS!) "Oh, right. Yeah."

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The John & Jeff Show (The John & Jeff Show)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Lol you couldnt pay me to listen to TACS in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Kevyn posted:

Lol you couldnt pay me to listen to TACS in 2019

The intro alone is the most cringy thing in existence and would have been mocked relentlessly back in the O&A days.

The only notable episode is when he got demolished by Bennington.