Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The UNIST numbers are pretty good relatively speaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tekopo posted:

1.5k is pretty good even not relatively speaking.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekopo posted:

They're crazy good for being a niche anime game that came out 4 years ago

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

UNIST (or its next iteration) might make it to next year's lineup, but BBTAG is loving gone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna miss GG this year

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I think the samsho numbers are great. Feels like maybe more than what I remember for KOFs in the past maybe? Not entirely same audience probably, but still is cool for an SNK fighter to get good support.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The past couple KOF games were lucky to break 400, except for that one time they gave out free Mai shirts to everyone that entered and they got like 1000 signups

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

samsho is much easier to learn as your secondary game than KoF

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm gonna miss GG this year

same but SamSho making such a big return is great. Hope the game gets supported for a long time, SNK deserves the success. I guess I'm not surprised DBZ dropped lower now the homogeneous nature of the game is in stone.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

samsho is much easier to learn as your secondary game than KoF

The difficulty of picking up KoF is woefully overstated imo. Tekken is a hell of a lot harder to play, doubly so if we're talking about KoFXIV.

Not that your statement is wrong.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Double Bill posted:

UNIST (or its next iteration) might make it to next year's lineup, but BBTAG is loving gone.

I’m not so sure about BBTAG being gone, it’s likely but also we are supposedly getting a second DLC series which might increase interest.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
its going to get replaced with gbvs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hobojim posted:

The difficulty of picking up KoF is woefully overstated imo. Tekken is a hell of a lot harder to play, doubly so if we're talking about KoFXIV.

Not that your statement is wrong.

Its just 3x the characters as samsho when it comes down to deciding to enter a second tournament

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

granblue will definitely replace something next year, cygames has been a big evo sponsor the past couple years in preparation for this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really hoping their other GG project is out by next year that they've been kind of talking about for a while.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

In Training posted:

I'm really hoping their other GG project is out by next year that they've been kind of talking about for a while.

Looking forward to it having twice as many systems and half the sales

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They said they need to simplify the next gg and make it accessible in an interview after dbz came out so im worried what they mean by that

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Its just 3x the characters as samsho when it comes down to deciding to enter a second tournament

Sure. Like I said, the comment wasn't wrong. I just hate when people use that as an excuse to not play KoF.

You hear it all the time. "Oh the game looks great, I'd love to play it, but unfortunately it's just TOO HARD!"

XIV is so easy to pick up new characters it's not even funny. It's like learning an SFV character. Once you learn how the game works using three characters isn't hard at all, you don't need to do any links at all, much less difficult ones (some exceptions apply) and the famed super-difficult combos don't exist anymore in XIV.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
play 98

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I do

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Just a general statement

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Real hurthling! posted:

They said they need to simplify the next gg and make it accessible in an interview after dbz came out so im worried what they mean by that

Hopefully it's just arcane stuff like variable wakeup timing but the less complicated stuff like character specific routes stays.

I hope they don't do an autocombo system, but if they do then it's like UNI's smart steer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There are 100% going to put autocombos on every button

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ya this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

There are 100% going to put autocombos on every button

Yeah it's this

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

They probably just mean removing guts and condensing the types of roman cancels down.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
everything gatlings into everything

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dragon enthusiast posted:

everything gatlings into everything

Making GG into Melty Blood would improve it, I agree.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

They probably just mean removing guts and condensing the types of roman cancels down.

Danger Time triggers on every clash, new roman cancel to get on accident and tripping.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

There's a lot of fat to trim from GG, I think there's a good middle ground between where it is now and something dead simple like granblue. I think I would enjoy it as long as characters still feel as unique as they do in rev2.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Lemon-Lime posted:

To simplify things, YRC and FD have been combined into one input that blocks chip damage, slows down the game, and eats your opponent's inputs as long as you hold it down.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mechafunkzilla posted:

To simplify things, YRC and FD have been combined into one input that blocks chip damage, slows down the game, and eats your opponent's inputs as long as you hold it down.

SFV's alt-tab was truly ahead of its time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Saint Freak posted:

SFV's alt-tab was truly ahead of its time.
It must be an intended feature since it works on the console version too by connecting and disconnecting a USB device. (or so I hear)

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Matches are determined by button mashing in order to fill a meter that will activate their IK. Joystick directions are used to determine which one of 4 possible variations comes out. I have a leaked video of how the rounds will look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdSA-1-yVw&t=195s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I could see character specific combos being taken out so everything works on everyone

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

I could see character specific combos being taken out so everything works on everyone

Why would you need Venom like this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hate character-specific combos, but I sidestep that issue by just learning the Bad Version of a combo that actually works on everyone and not thinking too hard about it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Melee refugees

Please keep political talk about the southern border out of the FGC thread, thanks

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the next gg adds another new arcane mechanic for Venom, copy-pastes xrd 6p, and he still gets progressively more poo poo on by buffs to universal defensive mechanics (and is still high tier in spite of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tbh I'll play Guilty Gear XxxXzilerator no matter what if it doesn't have blitz or yrc