Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Server Side Object Container Streaming for those that don't participate in CIG's constant marketing lingo changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Godmode Enabled posted:

Anytime there is a new architecture I'd wait a few months for the bugs to get sorted out. There are a few games that don't work quite right on the new processor.

I considered that but I am a huge nerd and this over rides common sense - See also the funding tracker

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Virtual Captain posted:

Server Side Object Container Streaming for those that don't participate in CIG's constant marketing lingo changes.

... isn't that, like, what all 3d games already do when you're not looking directly at something?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

You fricking heretic. Not going for the Optane solution.

Yeah gently caress that, I have gone rogue.
I miss SCSI tbh

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

skeletors_condom posted:

I really like this comment about "feeling the power of CROSUCKOCS:"

I keep hearing citizens repeating that "ssocs touches every part of the game," what does that even mean? And why can't you put it on the roadmap even if it touches everything? Mission critical tasks always need estimates (at least something).

My hot take is that there is no SSOCS and it's just something they came up with to keep scamming the backers. They are going to move to a model where every planetary system it's own map connected by a QT mini-game bridge. I don't believe for a second that they figure out dynamic on-the-fly map resizing, let alone support for inter-map interaction (e.g. if one torpedo is sent from Map A into what turns out to be Map B).

I see you glossed over all-at-once-ment; a particularly dim point.

Oh, and you're right; there's a huge climbdown coming in terms of capability*, but it won't be Chris that lets people down, it'll be a considered opinion and socialized blame for the entire organisation.

Edit: https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bxzjvt/when_is_server_meshing_coming/eqazha4/ - if you want to follow along.

* "However, the thing to remember is that having servers tied to specific in-game locations is just a temporary stepping stone on the way to the full server meshing implementation. My guess and my hope is that we'll have left this temporary solution behind by the time new systems start coming online, but I'm not entirely sure how everything lines up on the roadmap, so I might be wrong about that.

The reason we're considering having per location servers as a stepping stone at all, is that it would allow backers to begin testing parts of server meshing before all the other work on it has been completed. To start with, we'd put the boundaries between servers out in deep space so that they could only really be crossed during Quantum Travel. That would really limit, how often players and other entities transition between servers, the kinds of entities that need to transition, as well as what can be happening during a transition. As bugs are fixed and we gain confidence with the technology, we may divide locations between more servers. Ultimately though, the idea is not to have any fixed server boundaries. Instead a server will manage the game for a cluster of players. As the cluster spreads out, the area the server manages will grow, and as the players in a cluster bunch up, the area managed by the server shrinks. When clusters of players belonging to different servers overlap, the servers will decide whether to transition players between them, or even to break out a new cluster of players and spin up another server to handle it. In this version of server meshing, servers will only be assigned to locations where there are players, greatly reducing the number of servers we would otherwise need, and allowing the game to scale to higher player counts much more cheaply."

Again, the problem is not about availability of compute, but it's shifting around the data that compute will consume; this is not a trivial problem. Map Reduce is fairly easy because you have a bound, and you can then split that into tracks, but attempting to do the same things with entirely shifting sands as to the _current location_ of a given entity is not fixed anywhere except for the persistence store.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 15, 2019

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

skeletors_condom posted:

I keep hearing citizens repeating that "ssocs touches every part of the game," what does that even mean?

They're the audiophile speaker cables that add a good warmth to the sound.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah gently caress that, I have gone rogue.
I miss SCSI tbh

Yes, I too miss 50 pin plugs and terminators.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

skeletors_condom posted:

I keep hearing citizens repeating that "ssocs touches every part of the game," what does that even mean? And why can't you put it on the roadmap even if it touches everything? Mission critical tasks always need estimates (at least something).

We've had estimates, deadlines and they actually broke it down into several pieces before finally suggesting that they needed the server side OCS; Performance increases clientside by OCS were modest, to say the least, which leads to (current_patch + 1) being the time when they finally get it right.

It was already the thing that was going to fix everything a while back, it didn't fix everything, so now they're pushing hard on the concept of 'server meshing', which is effectively joining up a bunch of EC2 instances into a supercomputer (if you subscribe to the fluff they've been spouting for _years_ about this).

OCS itself was released in 3.3, November 2018. Network bind culling followed shortly afterwards. The first allows a 'container' to stream itself after an initial definition, which should allow for a network socket to handle the load of rendering a specific container, but increases network contention, and because you're essentially using UDP, any network hitches tend to result in incomplete builds. Network Bind Culling is about interest management at the networking level, meaning that it _calms_ the object streams to ones you care about.

The larger problem that they have is network latency. Amazon runs a bunch of shared occupancy hypervisors. You don't get to choose which hypervisor you're running on, so a few heavy users of Amazon (ourselves included, although I'm avoiding AWS like the clap) do the over-provision and measure dance to make sure that we're getting the best performance that we can screw out of a commodity service.

Seriously, if they manage what they're claiming, there's a couple of segments of industry that will be incredibly interested; they currently work on short-lived lambdas that are entirely self-contained and come close to the original definition of 'agents' that was doing the rounds in 1998, but to be honest, people with more money and effort have attempted to do this. Beowulf clusters were a big deal at one point, but they've been superseded. Hell, you can get some pure CUDA compute devices at the moment, but they're massively vertical. And don't come close to EC2.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6pRpEnrlc&t=93s

Bear in mind[sic] that the thing that he describes with the 'cup' is the persistence store. This is a big database that actually knows where poo poo is, and can be queried to build a location. This is computing 101 stuff.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 15, 2019

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, I too miss 50 pin plugs and terminators.

Plextor BURN proof for lyfe
At the turn of the millennium I got a 'proper job' - only one I ever had, it was working at the UKs biggest PC parts place, and I was the top sales dude - simply because I knew about PC stuff well enough to spec and complete orders quicker than anyone else.
It was all done on the phone :v:
Man, the poo poo I knew back then about PC stuff was insane, it was in the period when AMD released the first Athlon, and the race to 1ghz PCs was on.
That was a cool time, I should think of some stories, like, when a component came back as faulty what we used to do was put a small circular sticker on it, not test it and put it back on the shelf, if something came back with 3 stickers on it, we'd test it ha ha

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousBlazingFriseeKeyboardCat

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Plextor BURN proof for lyfe

I tried reading your post and got a buffer underrun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

I tried reading your post and got a buffer underrun.

:v:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Dialling that end user flight experience right in there, well done CIG devs.

Honestly, does CIG even bother with QA any more before they shovel the latest lashed up patch out the door?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Landing Successfl

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I don't know how the situation is in other countries, but with the all the foolproof plug-and-play nowadays (I mean...seriously....putting together a PC is so loving easy these days) I see less and less young people beeing even slightly interested init, opting for either consoles, tablets etc., and not even interested in pre-built PC systems. I hear from teachers that current pupils don't even know what to do when they are confronted with a computer mouse.

We clearly need someone to save this!

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Hmmm, I decided to go for a Ryzen 3900x and a m.2 drive, I am going to benchmark SC and see what happens after the upgrade :v:

Might be better for you since you're not in Canada but I ordered my 3900x last sunday evening and my order still hasn't shipped because the processors are backordered.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

There is only one man for the job, Chris Roberts.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

There is only one man for the job, Chris Roberts.

Our savior!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tuo posted:

I don't know how the situation is in other countries, but with the all the foolproof plug-and-play nowadays (I mean...seriously....putting together a PC is so loving easy these days) I see less and less young people beeing even slightly interested init, opting for either consoles, tablets etc., and not even interested in pre-built PC systems. I hear from teachers that current pupils don't even know what to do when they are confronted with a computer mouse.

I still remember building a batch of 5 cyrix PCs and finding out that setting the jumpers for the FSB and clock speed was not how they were meant to be done. None of them booted.
Usually, say with an AMD K6 500mhz CPU you'd set the FSB to be 100mhz and the multiplier to be 5 using jumpers, simple, the cyrix though had gently caress knows what, it was written on the chip, to get 266mhz you did some mad poo poo like 23 x 12 or something.
They were fun days, we had a guy who's nickname was '10 gig baz' cos he got a 10gb hard drive and it was earth shattering at the time, we'd laugh at how the hell is he going to fill that?

Pilz posted:

Might be better for you since you're not in Canada but I ordered my 3900x last sunday evening and my order still hasn't shipped because the processors are backordered.

Yeah, there is a short delay here too

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
We had a customer (this is at a different place, a small shop where I worked on Saturdays mainly before the proper job) called Cliff, he was in his 80s I reckon, and he used to bring his PC to us in one of those 2 wheeled shopping carriers that old folk love, he drag it to the shop, PC bouncing around all the way and every time it was because of an issue with his hard drive, it always needed scan disking to write out corrupt sectors.
So, we'd do that and he'd pick it up, always delighted that we'd fixed it. He never once paid us any money, instead he'd give us 'gifts' - We did the work cos we felt bad really, so it was OK. I remember he 'paid' us once with a jar of marmalade and a loving potato.
We'd act surprised and happy, and he'd be on his way.
He'd pack his PC up in his trolley and wander off, PC bouncing away behind him, and a couple of weeks later the cycle began anew.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

JugbandDude posted:

Landing Successfl

As you can see, the new hover mode cleared those noclipping issues right up.

Flight near the ground is now extremely fidelitous and looks great

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

... isn't that, like, what all 3d games already do when you're not looking directly at something?

This is just a CIG rabbit hole in my opinion. The shortest way I can summarize this as bullshit is: CryEngine doesn't have this and is actually architected against it. So trying to hack it in after the fact has taken 6+ years and seemingly gets worse with every patch.

If they were smart they'd have given up trying years ago. Hopefully all we are seeing is some pretend progress but I think Chris is dumb enough to think a couple interns can figure it out if he keeps enough pressure on them.

You can jump back to page 5069 to see more talk about this but here are two combined posts that are quite good if you need more in-depth dissection of why everything CIG says regarding playercount/streaming/culling is a misdirection:

PederP posted:

The version of CryEngine they based everything on has a multiplayer library which is awful in many different ways - even for a map-based game with a handful of players.

They're trying to use an engine which is full of horrible abstractions, horrible architecture, horrible dataformats and all kinds of horrible - to make something it absolutely cannot do. The many hacks to make it look it might work has made everything even more horrible.

They would have to start completely from scratch designing an actual MMO architecture. It doesn't matter what hacks and band-aids hide behind their buzzword vomit. Don't try to make sense of them.

A short effortpost/rant about why it doesn't matter what optimizations and fixes they make:

Very roughly speaking multiplayer games can be architected in one of two ways*:

1. Players run a client which presents state as given by a server, but which has no authority itself. Player actions are sent to the server to be incorporated into the global state, but the client only does simulation and state tracking for gameplay reasons (dead reckoning, lag compensation, rubberbanding, preloading resources, etc.). The server has a model of the world, but an attempt is to limit or eliminate any knowledge of the nitty-gritty of the client software (animations, models, etc.).

2. Players run a client which functions by synchronizing state directly with a server and/or other players. The networked state is encapsulated inside various entities and systems - and there is little to no decoupled world state which the client has to interpret and use to build a presentation. The presentation is the state.

An example to illustrate the difference:

Player B flies his spaceship into sensor distance of Player A.

1) The clients are given "abstract" data updates - there is enough information to determine what ship model to load and where to put it, but all data is essentially decoupled from the nitty-gritty of the engine. There is no "binding", because each client is just displaying data given to it. If you wanted to, you could essentially have different clients connected: like a decouple AI server agent, a webpage showing ship positions in some system, a statistics system building hotspot data for player activity, etc.

2) Players A and B are told to spawn a new network-bound entity to represent the other player. Whenever state of A and B changes in their client software, the property updates are sent to the server which forwards them to the other client. This has the advantage that no special protocols need to made, no special simulation needs to run on the server, and you can use a modified client as the server. You can go full peer-to-peer or you can have a server mediator to sanity check and prevent cheating. But you have a challenge in determining synchronization granularity and frequency. It's also much harder to have NPCs and non-trivial AI actors with this approach.

MMOs should never pick option 2. It doesn't matter if they implement fantastic Bind Culling, OCS, Serialized Variables, etc. The approach is anathema to an MMO with a persistent world, a high PC/NPC actor count and massive scale.

They're building the state synchronization into the completely wrong layers. And they're not the first or last to do this. Most game engines have a basic multiplayer game implementation with state synchronization because it's relatively easy to create, doesn't involve maintaining dedicated server software and is agnostic to the genre of the game.

You can build impressive prototypes (and some very specific types of games) with a state synchronization architecture - but if you're doing an MMO, you need to scrap that thing and build server software which is (at least in principle) engine agnostic. CIG never took this step.

If you're backing a crowdfunded MMO the #2 thing you need to look at to see if it's viable (#1 is the presence of known scam artists) - is whether they're building proper servers. It's much less important what engine they're using than whether they're able to build a custom server architecture - and are doing so early on.

To sum up: it doesn't matter how much they optimize the CryEngine network engine. It doesn't even help if they rip it out completely and rewrite it from scratch. The only way for them to deliver an MMO is to start making MMO servers. But that cannot be retrofitted into their current codebase, and would probably require throwing away the majority of it.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

nvm... double post (of sorts).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No, it's server-side. It's basically their buzzword for Interest Management and Load Balancing: If no player is close to space station X then the server doesn't need to load any component of that station. If a player gets close to X then the server has to become aware of it and, if this increases its load to an unacceptable degree, it sheds the responsibility of handling space station X to another server.

Most modern games actually do not do this because it is better to design a game that uses instances and the like to avoid that sort of error-prone architecture.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Dementropy posted:

Rummage sale:

is that a loving lead balloon? how apt.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I still remember building a batch of 5 cyrix PCs and finding out that setting the jumpers for the FSB and clock speed was not how they were meant to be done. None of them booted.
Usually, say with an AMD K6 500mhz CPU you'd set the FSB to be 100mhz and the multiplier to be 5 using jumpers, simple, the cyrix though had gently caress knows what, it was written on the chip, to get 266mhz you did some mad poo poo like 23 x 12 or something

That was the DX4 era of Blue Lightning. Cyrix were competing with Athlon and IBM for the clocking market. DX2 worked off 2x clock multipliers, DX4 was 3x, but there was an amount of uncertainty when you had a three-multiple base clock speed. Played havoc with Vesa Local Bus at 33MHz.

Those were interesting times, I never thought that Plug'n'play would actually work, but going EISA payed off in the long run.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

I hear from teachers that current pupils don't even know what to do when they are confronted with a computer mouse.

I know adults like this, so I shouldn't actually worry. I will laugh heartily at the number of otherwise normal and well-considered people that assumed that the generation following mine (X) would somehow be entirely immersed in computing to the degree that they would be some form of 'native'. You know, the same way us Seventies kids know everything about the internal combustion engine.

People forget that you have to have a will to doing this kind of thing, and right now it's mainly a rush to 'build an app' coming from parents, which is quite a long tail.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

That was the DX4 era of Blue Lightning. Cyrix were competing with Athlon and IBM for the clocking market. DX2 worked off 2x clock multipliers, DX4 was 3x, but there was an amount of uncertainty when you had a three-multiple base clock speed. Played havoc with Vesa Local Bus at 33MHz.

Those were interesting times, I never thought that Plug'n'play would actually work, but going EISA payed off in the long run.

Vesa/Cyrix chips where easy upgrades to get some life.

But EISA....let me dig through a pile of floppies.

Any work on Microchannel?

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Hav posted:

Would it not be PR ratings instead? In the Pentium era, if Intel had a 200 MHz Pentium, AMD and Cyrix had a "PR-200" or similar that was clocked lower than 200 MHz. It was supposed to be Pentium-equivalent. It wasn't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Virtual Captain posted:

And it must be pointed out again and again that this is basic poo poo that games do and most of them never bother to give it fancy bullshit names because they aren't trying to appease their cult with fake updates.

None of this, none of it, absolutely none is new or cutting edge in any way. All of this was done decades ago.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/1150828051036430336

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sarsapariller posted:

God I would absolutely loathe a game where NPC's engaged in the level of cockfuckery that people get up to. Sometimes you just want to wail on a punching bag for a while, you know? I don't want to hyper-optimize my flange capacitors or whatever just to loving shoot some chilldankli in their flying bong ships.

Yeah, basically only in pure competitive pvp games do NPCs behave anything like players. In most games NPCs are intentionally dumber and weaker for a reason. But lots of people don't understand why things exist in games.

Ironically if anything I think going the other way is the smart move. Like how in Titanfall they had NPC mooks that were easy to shoot even if you were bad at FPS games. Some people didn't like that but people are dumb; its a good concept and I'd like to see it in more games.

Imagine if in battlefield there were actually like a thousand dudes running around, and all the actual humans were officers. You could have squads of AIs actually hanging together and behaving the way a military squad should, and following their officer's orders, rather than just a bunch of yahoo kids playing like quake with a ww2 skin.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

skeletors_condom posted:

A backer comes close to getting it:

:eyepop:

Star Citizen: the name of CR joins Ponzi and Madoff in the infamous anals of history

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

Ironically if anything I think going the other way is the smart move. Like how in Titanfall they had NPC mooks that were easy to shoot even if you were bad at FPS games. Some people didn't like that but people are dumb; its a good concept and I'd like to see it in more games.

It is in quite a few games! They're just mostly MOBAs, unfortunately, and come with all the MOBA trappings that ruin the enjoyment of the game for everyone except those who are already good at/enjoy MOBAs.

Too bad, because I've always wanted that same thing - a Battlefield-like game where the players play the heroes, and I always enjoy every game that meshes co-op and PvP. Titanfall 2, Destiny 2's gambit mode, L4D's versus mode... All of them are a ton of fun, and Dark Souls' very different (but also very fun) form of invasion appeals a lot to me, and I'm looking forward to Doom Eternal's version of it.

On the flipside, bots designed to feel like players... Are not fun. I remember buying Brink on release for Xbox 360 (I know, I know) and a particular problem for the version on that platform was that the servers (or peer-to-peer connection, whatever it was in that game) couldn't actually handle enough people to fill up a game, so every game would be more than half bots. It got even worse once the player count (very quickly) dipped too low to sustain any full games, but even on launch, almost every game I played was half or more bots, and you could REALLY tell.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Too Big To Fail huh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Contingency posted:

Would it not be PR ratings instead? In the Pentium era, if Intel had a 200 MHz Pentium, AMD and Cyrix had a "PR-200" or similar that was clocked lower than 200 MHz. It was supposed to be Pentium-equivalent. It wasn't.

Yeah that was there angle, it was always funny, they were the poo poo tier PC which was fine, but Cyrix was all "aaactually it says 233 right on the chip :smug:" and it just totally wasn't - I have loads of fun memories from back then, that shop was a pit of financial despair but a constant laugh

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Usually, say with an AMD K6 500mhz CPU you'd set the FSB to be 100mhz and the multiplier to be 5 using jumpers, simple, the cyrix though had gently caress knows what, it was written on the chip, to get 266mhz you did some mad poo poo like 23 x 12 or something.

I remember misjumpering a loving expensive six-channel workstation-level ATA RAID system once, can't even remember the manufacture. Took half a day to get it working, and three weeks later, a firmware update killed the whole thing. Support (rightly so) simply answered with "lol, RAID is no backup, fool, just restore from backup".

Good days, good days ;) (of course I didn't have a backup, because I planned to get that up and running next

e: Promise :argh:

tuo fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 15, 2019

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol that no mans sky is adding another free giant expansion, that changes them from opengl to vulkan and gives full VR support (including consoles)

just lol

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lust is on her mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Sarsapariller posted:

I think that's a lot of what distinguishes Citizens from your average human being at this point. The few Citizens that actually play the game as opposed to just posting about it have made a routine out of jumping through all the gameplay hurdles required to do stuff that should be simple. But they lack the self-reflection to notice how much stuff they're doing to work around all the jank.

I mean here's my routine from wank pod to ship that I no longer post about :

1) Press forward to get out of wank pod, watch unskippable stand-up animation
2) Immediately press F2 to go into global chat and turn it off- it will turn back on with each respawn or helmet removal
3) Scroll the mousewheel as far up as I can to set my run speed to max, otherwise walking around will take an hour
4) Just tape that loving shift button down for permanent sprint but don't sprint and jump because that will give you a heart attack
5) Run straight to the ship terminals by jumping through that window with the missing glass
6) Use the terminal, wait 10-20 seconds for it to actually register that I'm using it and load the ship list- I have already reclaimed anything I lost last time, hopefully, so I don't have to sit out an insurance timer. If there is a 20 minute timer here, start it and immediately log out, I'm done for the week.
7) Select my ship to spawn and then wait 20-30 seconds for the terminal to register that it showed up. Then play the guessing game about which pad it showed up at.
8) Go to the gun store to buy a dozen health kits just in case running around the world/ship/wherever breaks my legs
9) Finally, run out to the actual ship and hope that it spawned with all of the components- landing gear, elevators, etc- because otherwise it's time to reclaim it and log out.

I mean, none of that is gameplay. It eats 10+ minutes easily for every spawn. It should be as simple as picking a spawn point and a ship and then you're there, on the pad in the ship. But... Star Citizen!

Really, the MO for people who aren't streaming seems to be
1) Don't play the game
2) Say you're playing the game