Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we don't know if upper moon 1 is the same person as that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He says that brother demon slayers brings back old memories and he's from the Sun Breath family, you do the math.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he almost certainly is not because muzan is incredibly petty and he'd never keep the one person he fears by his side, demon or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

then who the heck was the dude who terrorized muzan?

Probably this guy or his brother.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's his brother

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's his 2nd degree nephew, actually

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New chapter, more fighting.

What designs do y'all like the most? I think my top 3 may be, fittingly enough, Akaza, Douma, and Kokushibou.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah the top 3 moons have good designs. Kokushibou still seems to not be trying too hard which doesn't bode well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I quite like the patterened textile cloaks of the demon slayers.
And also the way that they arent done in the cartoon-style screen door way.

(I.e clothing that is somehow a portal to the pattern dimension

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm glad that, after so long, they've come back to the idea of the marechi.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Same, and it's a pretty interesting thing. I like the idea that he has had to fight so much harder because his blood attracts demons to him, which also feeds into him pushing his brother away so strongly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Same, and it's a pretty interesting thing. I like the idea that he has had to fight so much harder because his blood attracts demons to him, which also feeds into him pushing his brother away so strongly.

It also explains how their mother went bugfuck crazy and killed all her kids.
And the crapload of scars he has when all the other pillars barring Stone are relatively untouched.

It was either become a loving strong pillar or die.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I imagine the scars are also there because bleeding is something of a weapon of last resort. From the sound of it, his blood is just so sweet it drives normally smart demons to distraction.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I quite like the patterened textile cloaks of the demon slayers.
And also the way that they arent done in the cartoon-style screen door way.

(I.e clothing that is somehow a portal to the pattern dimension

I too hate Gankutsuou.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just realized that the Wind pillar being a marechi among marechi puts the scene when he tries to tempt Nezuko with his blood into a brand new context.

She didn't just resist drinking blood after never ever doing so, she resisted blood that even the first demon moon is having a hard time resisting.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope the demons head gets chopped off and goes flying! But also the demon has a flashback and forgives somebody.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pewdiepie posted:

I hope the demons head gets chopped off and goes flying! But also the demon has a flashback and forgives somebody.

Same!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tanjiro's cat, holy poo poo

I'm dead.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm kinda betting the Rock Pillar, the person who apparently is the strongest of all the pillars- is probably not gonna win this fight because Moon #1 doesn't appear to have been trying at all the entire time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers: I dunno of the voracity of this but Kokushibou says that humans who manifest the mark don't live past 25 on average because of what it does to your body. He guesses the rock pillar is in his late 20's and that he'll die before the night is out even if he wins- so he offers to make him a demon to spare his life. He refuses of course.

Also something else I kinda realized re-reading the manga that's legit an "ODA DOES IT AGAIN!!" thing except actually cool-

The blue spider lilies that Muzan wanted to finish the partial medicine that made him a demon appear at the banks of the Sanzu River that Zenitsu sees his dead teacher on the other side of after he wins his fight. :psyduck:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/RodyleCockroach/status/1163686205688557569?s=19

I'd like to think I gave this the exact effort it deserved

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
We saw that Muzan replaced Upper Moons 4 and 6, but what about 5? Did we see that demon at all?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

We saw that Muzan replaced Upper Moons 4 and 6, but what about 5? Did we see that demon at all?

Not yet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How does one swallow a sword without cutting up his digestive tract?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

By taking advantage that it's made of blood and not metal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grouchio posted:

Even if it does he'll heal the damage anyway.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Hey all, got a question. Been wanting to read Demon Slayer for a bit now and figured I'd give Viz's shonen jump vault a try. The site says the series is one of a few that don't have the full backlog, so I was wondering if anyone here has a membership and knows how many chapters are actually available?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1-61 and 139 to the latest chapter. Not sure how often the backlog is updated; I only just read through the series myself.

Finally got into both this and The Promised Neverland in the same week, and both seem to be in their endgames. Something of a coincidence there. Both were really good, too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Grouchio posted:

He's coughing up blood right after he swallows the blade, he's not getting by without cutting himself up but the healing boost will help greatly.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

1-61 and 139 to the latest chapter. Not sure how often the backlog is updated; I only just read through the series myself.

Finally got into both this and The Promised Neverland in the same week, and both seem to be in their endgames. Something of a coincidence there. Both were really good, too.
Thanks! Ah that's a bit less than I was hoping for but it's fine. I already read the first 3 chapters on the mangaplus app so I'm just eager to see more

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Just read through the entirety of this on the shonen jump app, with mangadex filling in the middle portion, and I can in fact confirm that Nezuko is the best. Looking forward to her return to the series as some kind of angel after Urokodaki finishes treating her with that medicine Tomayo cooked up.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Hey all, got a question. Been wanting to read Demon Slayer for a bit now and figured I'd give Viz's shonen jump vault a try. The site says the series is one of a few that don't have the full backlog, so I was wondering if anyone here has a membership and knows how many chapters are actually available?

It appears they are working through the volumes and uploading them as they complete. They are releasing a book every 2 months.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This manga whips rear end!!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
that's interesting swerve for Kokushibou's past. I'm kinda confused as to how it all comes together since my original theory seems shot to the hell.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i love the characters in this manga and i really wish the power-ups didn't almost universally come out of nowhere and that the overall story wasn't crumbling apart at a breakneck pace

you can really feel the "wrap it up!" crunch mashing into everything

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Patware posted:

i love the characters in this manga and i really wish the power-ups didn't almost universally come out of nowhere and that the overall story wasn't crumbling apart at a breakneck pace

you can really feel the "wrap it up!" crunch mashing into everything
Yeah it all feels bizarrely truncated. If editorial was behind this I bet they feel pretty loving stupid now that every backlog volume of Kimetsu no Yaiba has moved 500k in Japan.

It feels like there's 2-3 more arcs that should've happened between Muzan rolling up the lower moons and now because in particular Inosuke doesn't really get to show off much. Zenitsu murks 2 non-moons, protects a couple cars worth of people on the train, does more unshown missions during the recovery period from that, struggles against a not-upper moon and has a building dropped on him, does some more missions off screen, then utterly murks a new upper-moon. Kinda weird.

Inosuke helps take out Enbu, runs off with the head of the not-uppermoon after everyone manages to decapitate it, gets stabbed, does some missions off screen, then helps deliver the final blow to a severely weakened upper moon.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 20, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

They kept doing a ton of training in-between arcs though.

I still think this isn't the penultimate or final arc. Who knows; we might have the 1923 Kanto Earthquake involved.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk where you go after muzan. only demon left after he's gone would be nezuko and I'd really rather avoid an evil nezuko arc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk where you go after muzan. only demon left after he's gone would be nezuko and I'd really rather avoid an evil nezuko arc
No I mean, aren't there other powerful demons in Japan besides them? Or in Korea/China?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

No I mean, aren't there other powerful demons in Japan besides them? Or in Korea/China?

Muzan's the strongest and he could theoretically replace even the strongest Upper Moon. But unless Muzan left the country at some point there would be no demons elsewhere.