Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Uncle Funny Bunny getting owned by a character whose name literally has "chump" in it.

a shameful bunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Grraarrgghh posted:

Of course, you also sometimes then get an artist with the required skill to make a subjectively attractive comic, but instead they poo poo out some confusing garbage pile like Goblins. I feel like Hitmen For Destiny, if not technically proficient, at least understands things like framing, clarity, and how not overcrowd a scene.

Comics are a medium in their own right. And when talking about visuals raw Technical ability isnt nearly as important as framing, composition and flow.

I would rabidly argue you dont need to be Michael Angelo if you have those three worked out. And having those three worked out also probably means you have an idea of how to pace and deliver a story, because these are transferrable skills between written and visual.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The goblins artist has the required skill to make a subjectively attractive comic?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

The goblins artist has the required skill to make a subjectively attractive comic?

The word 'subjectively' is doing some very heavy lifting here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I know a fair few comics with decent to great art and incredibly mediocre at best stories. I even know some people who draw them. Most get by on boobs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1150015167520018432?s=19

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Objectively correct brats.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

a friend of mine reminded me of Hitmen for Destiny recently, and I've been re-reading through it. It's got horrible artwork but a surprisingly compelling story, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. I can't think of a single comic that's representative of the whole thing, but the very first comic does a good job of building a world and giving you questions you want answered.

http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com

I think I caught up to where I was last time but how much longer until i find out what the gently caress a destiny is and how you can gently caress up by shooting a destiny or why destinies need hitmen protecting them or anything.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Krinkle posted:

I think I caught up to where I was last time but how much longer until i find out what the gently caress a destiny is and how you can gently caress up by shooting a destiny or why destinies need hitmen protecting them or anything.

(until comic number 387)

Kennel has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Jul 14, 2019

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The cat really makes this comic.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

"Unhyjenik" is a great username/indie-punk band name

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Zulthar is a Dibbuk after my own heart.
:taco:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The fourth and final Megg, Mogg & Owl book landed in my letterbox today. I flicked through enough to see a cartoon crow chewing a bloody nipple and put it aside for later. Looking forward to it showing up in the thread.

Edit: what the hell

:nws: nipple :nws:

Sanford has a new favorite as of 15:43 on Jul 15, 2019

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sanford posted:

The fourth and final Megg, Mogg & Owl book landed in my letterbox today. I flicked through enough to see a cartoon crow chewing a bloody nipple and put it aside for later. Looking forward to it showing up in the thread.

Edit: what the hell

:nws: nipple :nws:

So relatable.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

I have no idea what actually won that week but this deserved to

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Slimy Hog posted:

So relatable.

I've definitely had that happen in my early 20s and if you haven't then you're the Owl

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phew, I'm alive, time to advertise my sexual availability to these dwarves whose waists are narrower than my eyeballs

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Phew, I'm alive, time to advertise my sexual availability to these dwarves whose waists are narrower than my eyeballs

You probably don't care but

Iirc He's a shapeshifter trying to get with the blonde girl because a prophecy says good things happen to her significant other. Only she's a lesbian. He fucks off and comes back as a woman and tanks getting with her.

So yes that was exactly what he was going for

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I mean, I don't, but on the other hand, I genuinely appreciate the goon camaraderie and attention to pedantic detail, because that is what I'm here for.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I mean, I don't, but on the other hand, I genuinely appreciate the goon camaraderie and attention to pedantic detail, because that is what I'm here for.

I was merely pointing out that you were pretty much on point. Hitmen for Destiny is real weird.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

a friend of mine reminded me of Hitmen for Destiny recently, and I've been re-reading through it. It's got horrible artwork but a surprisingly compelling story, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. I can't think of a single comic that's representative of the whole thing, but the very first comic does a good job of building a world and giving you questions you want answered.

http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com

:psyduck: whaaaaaat the gently caress?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Len posted:

I was merely pointing out that you were pretty much on point. Hitmen for Destiny is real weird.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I love the depth and breadth of weird knowledge here. :)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Panfilo posted:

:psyduck: whaaaaaat the gently caress?

:yeshaha: embrace this feeling and keep going. It's gonna keep finding ways to surprise you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

:darksouls:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I'm a hater and I dont like things and my penis curves towards the left a little bit but that hitmen comic is really really good and I like it a lot and I think a lot of you should give it a chance even though the art style is kind of whack as hell.

If anything the art being bad in a comic makes it more likely a comic is good because the odds of someone being a good artist AND writer are probably significantly lower than just being a good writer.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

I haven't been repulsed by any comic posted here so much probably since the Gentle Likpas. I guess that's what this comic reminds me of the most. The art is offensively bad and the writing reminds me of Tails Gets Trolled. The Goblins were at least so bad it was kinda funny, but this is just embarrassing.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Given that it turns out Tarol Hunt is trans that could explain some aspects of the comic (having a mental breakdown and briefly quitting the comic).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Panfilo posted:

Given that it turns out Tarol Hunt is trans that could explain some aspects of the comic (having a mental breakdown and briefly quitting the comic).

Because trans people are all mentally ill? Not seeing what you're saying here.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Not that I'm speaking for them, but society certainly doesn't help with their mental well being. The fact that any trans-fellow are doing okay is probably a minor miracle.

Edit: I just realized we are talking about Goblins. While it might explain some bits, it certainly doesn't scapegoat the series' worst aspects.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jul 16, 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rust Martialis posted:

Because trans people are all mentally ill? Not seeing what you're saying here.

The incidence of mental illness in trans folk is very high, unsurprisingly. When society fucks with you that much about your identity even existing it's gonna make your brain a little odd.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Better odd-minded than cold-hearted I always say.

I had just thought of that right now

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Better odd-minded than cold-hearted I always say.

I had just thought of that right now

I like it. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:aliexpress:"My work here is done, I'm off to cheer up on other threads"