Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Nordick posted:

Fun fact: The single most aggravating thing in this game is having to repeatedly wait 10 seconds to respawn in frontline

Counter point it's some dude with special characters in his name having a heated gamer moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Nah, those twats can be made fun of and they don't actively get in the way of swinging your axe at faces.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Just got this game and spent a few hours being run over by horses

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 10, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nordick posted:

Fun fact: The single most aggravating thing in this game is having to repeatedly wait 10 seconds to respawn in frontline

I’m pretty sure the single most aggravating thing in this game is all the fasc

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah respawns are in waves, so a big group of people can spawn back in all at once. Makes fighting over points less a of slog since it's not just single dudes trickling in infinitely, but big groups of people that make concerted pushes possible/counterable.

But everyone has different speed due to different armor choices, so the end result is a line of guys trickling in and not really paying attention as they get couch lanced.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TorakFade posted:

This is my first online multiplayer game since Counterstrike 1.5 in 2002 or something silly like that, so I'm not really up to speed with all those modern mechanics :v:

You've missed literally nothing good. Anyone smart should have thrown their PC in the trash the moment Counterstrike added lag prediction (or used it to mine bitcoins).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That form of spawning was in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and it's probably a lot older than that, so it's not a modern mechanic at all. But I'm not going to knock you for not being an online FPS player, that should be a point of pride sadly

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
"rear end in a top hat With Knives"

Two stacks of throwing knives and a cleaver. Not what I would call a good loadout, but it is amusing.

COLT .45
Feb 22, 2008

It works EVERY time.

Collapsing Farts posted:

As a Swede I only seem to get into games full of russians so I can't read what they say because they have a different alphabet :(

All you need to know is сука блять

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Apparently today is "Absolutely nothing I try ever works" day.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Nordick posted:

Apparently today is "Absolutely nothing I try ever works" day.

On those days I just go with my 3/3/2 billhook build and use footwork. Punish whiffs with your longer range stabs. Except when I come up against some max FOV, third person, 70-5 autist with bloodlust and abuses the "runway & 180 lunge" mechanic with a war axe. If I see that gently caress on a bad day I'm making it my mission to hem him in with a kite shield so he can be properly piled on.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

But everyone has different speed due to different armor choices, so the end result is a line of guys trickling in and not really paying attention as they get couch lanced.

nothing will ever stop people from not paying attention to horses and getting destroyed because of it

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

https://www.houseofvipers.com/Runescape

God, why would anyone play like this :( it makes me sad just to look at it, playing it would be absolutely horrible

but I guess I'm no Pro Gamer®

Parachute
May 18, 2003
that looks rad as hell and also good(?) for my potato pc

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

vaporwave mode: enabled

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

and now I'm wondering whether my obsession with getting the graphics to look as nice as possible is making me drop frames or something like that, because I often try to parry / attack in what seems perfect timing but I still get hit / fail to connect

I'll have to try going down from Ultra to High settings I guess. No way I'm using pre-alpha-graphics mode though

also, anyone else suffering from the "clicks/keypresses won't register for 2-3 seconds" bug? It's pretty common seeing how many people report it on the official forum, and it's absolutely infuriating. I'm running towards an enemy who is focusing on someone else, I click to attack for the easy kill, attack doesn't start, I frantically click 2-3 times again, still doesn't start, I bump into the enemy who finally turns around, dumpsters me and laughs :mad:

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 12, 2019

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

TorakFade posted:

also, anyone else suffering from the "clicks/keypresses won't register for 2-3 seconds" bug? It's pretty common seeing how many people report it on the official forum, and it's absolutely infuriating. I'm running towards an enemy who is focusing on someone else, I click to attack for the easy kill, attack doesn't start, I frantically click 2-3 times again, still doesn't start, I bump into the enemy who finally turns around, dumpsters me and laughs :mad:

I thought I was just playing badly somehow, but yeah, I definitely feel like sometimes my dude just won't attack when I tell him to, which leads to people I parry bring able to swing a second time before I can start my own attack. If this is a real thing that would maybe explain it.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Is this click-bug separate from the packet loss issue? During peak times my ping is 30 to 40 ms greater than it is across other games. It also shows a "packet loss" notification. Any solutions?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Jax said something about discord eating inputs, I dont know if that's what it really is, but try turning discord off?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Jax said something about discord eating inputs, I dont know if that's what it really is, but try turning discord off?

was going to suggest this too.

here's the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/cavpv9/i_think_crossroads_made_this_dev_rage_quit/etc06l2/?context=3

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

now that you mention it, yeah i'd say once or twice every hundred swings, a left click will just fail to register. I attributed it to server lag, or my lovely mouse that can't make up its mind between Scroll Up and Scroll Down.

I just spin the wheel and maybe I get a thrust and maybe I get a an overhead slash.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The discord overlay is known to be a bit of a problem in a couple of games, definitely try disabling that for a few rounds. I haven't noticed that issue and I have mine off, could be related.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been trying to come up with an insulting pun name for Crossroads but it's really difficult, all I've got so far is Crosschodes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phlegmish posted:

I've been trying to come up with an insulting pun name for Crossroads but it's really difficult, all I've got so far is Crosschodes

The Lands of Mr. Hands

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nice but that's too deep a cut, I had to look it up

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

What's the voice that has the phrase "GOOD DAY SIR!" in a particularly obnoxious tone? I have to put it on my goedendag-wielding warrior and spam it whenever I kill someone

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

pretty sure that's 'foppish'

foppish turned all the way to high is the best imo

'HAVE AT THEM, BOYZ!'

'Men: We've trained hard. But, looking upon the faces of our enemies, I fear we.... needn't have trained so hard.'

'Youu bastard"

'You sir, are the worst opponent I've ever... smelled."

"Yoohoo! The dung-covered peasant convention is that way!"

Dungeon Ecology fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 15, 2019

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Foppish turned all the way to the lowest pitch is also quite good. HAVE AT THEM, BOYS!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mordhau is definitely the better game, but I'm still sad that they couldn't get the guys who did the Agatha Vanguard or Mason Knight.

From what I've heard the Foppish voice is the Agatha Archer, so that explains why it's the best one.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I like my foppish somewhere in the middle where his voice just keeps cracking forever.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I prefer Eager for my voice set. At maximum pitch the laughs sound absolutely pyschotic and "YER SWORD'S LOOKING A LITTLE SHORT SUH" is pretty great too.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The best thing about the Foppish voice is when he goes "Dodge this you bastaaaaAAAARD" and then you manage to immediately follow that with a throwing axe headshot or something. It's happened to me a couple times and it's basically the most perfect thing in the universe.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Pom posted:

Mordhau is definitely the better game, but I'm still sad that they couldn't get the guys who did the Agatha Vanguard or Mason Knight.

From what I've heard the Foppish voice is the Agatha Archer, so that explains why it's the best one.

I do miss yelling "FOR AGATAHAAA" since it's my daughters name

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't really know what to call this look, but I'm reasonably satisfied with it

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

soy posted:

I do miss yelling "FOR AGATAHAAA" since it's my daughters name

I hope you have a son called Mason too, at some stage! :D

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I will name my children Malric, Vanguard and Man-at-Arms, regardless of their sex

EDIT: I feel like spamming warcry should accelerate the health regen. Thoughts?

Nordick fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 16, 2019

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Malric is a doooooooooob

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I decided to make a billhook character specifically because I hate horses so much:

Do I just stab at them, is there a special trick to the billhook?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
So it works 2 ways. In the regular form, the swing has a grab effect that will snag someone off their horse. On the alternative mode, the stab is the one with the grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I played Camp in its entirety and wasn't attacked by a single horse, it's like they know