Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Did a two car train tonight. Something like 16 or 17 raids? 4 shinies for me, everyone else got 1 or 2.

I realized too late I am a poo poo friend, because my other friend J doesn't keep up with the pokemon news, and usually I invite her to these trains. But she never carpools, and only stays for the free passes, and rarely gets a shiny. I didn't invite her. In part because I didn't want another car trailing around, in part because she never gets a shiny, and she also barely raids with the group. Part of the carpool is everyone together so we can talk and joke around. So I'm torn between feeling like poo poo and going 'well, she should ATTEMPT to keep up! or at least raid once in a while!" because I already have a Cosplay Mewtwo for her, and will give her a shiny Entei, so I don't know.

One of the four is going to a member of the group who got one on his baby account, so that leaves me with two, which is fine.

Should I feel bad about not inviting my friend?

Next time send the raid route and say good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cowslips Warren posted:

Did a two car train tonight. Something like 16 or 17 raids? 4 shinies for me, everyone else got 1 or 2.

I realized too late I am a poo poo friend, because my other friend J doesn't keep up with the pokemon news, and usually I invite her to these trains. But she never carpools, and only stays for the free passes, and rarely gets a shiny. I didn't invite her. In part because I didn't want another car trailing around, in part because she never gets a shiny, and she also barely raids with the group. Part of the carpool is everyone together so we can talk and joke around. So I'm torn between feeling like poo poo and going 'well, she should ATTEMPT to keep up! or at least raid once in a while!" because I already have a Cosplay Mewtwo for her, and will give her a shiny Entei, so I don't know.

One of the four is going to a member of the group who got one on his baby account, so that leaves me with two, which is fine.

Should I feel bad about not inviting my friend?

I mean probably feel bad about at least not talking to them like "Hey so are you actually having fun with these raid trains? Do you want to come with for Entei, or should I try and hook you up with a slower-moving casual group?" instead of just being like "yeah not even gonna talk to you lol"

e: also maybe I don't know the full story but like every one of those things sounds like they don't actually affect you while you're going in any way shape or form, unless she's pinging your phone nonstop with "WAIT UP FOR ME I'M NOT DONE YET WHERE DID YOU GO ARE YOU IN THE RAID YET" messages

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 15, 2019

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I didn't get anything better than 90% today out of 8 tries. I got a shiny and a level up from raids and the special research though so I'm not too salty over it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The other thing is we usually have 1 car.

A few days ago it moved to 2 cars, because one dude's adult son and boyfriend wanted to come. Okay, so we had some free seats still, so we offered another usual raider...but she had three people and so that was too many for the space, so now up to three cars. Another lady said she would join and that fills all three cars.

A fourth car kills the carpool idea.

But naturally right before Entei popped, the son and boyfriend decided not to come. Then the last lady said she wasn't done packing for her move. Now we're reorganizing to see who is in what car because now we have free space, and it's then I realize I didn't invite my friend.

The thing is, she rarely raids, even when I invite her, and I pretty much always do, and remind her hey we got a train Saturday, let me know if you're coming. I should have done that today, and I didn't, and I apologized, but she hasn't replied. Nor does she, on the rare times she goes, like for Raikou or Lapras, ping me nonstop, I give her the route and text her the entire time so we know she's with the group.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

We had a raid train of like 9 cars today, wasn't an issue.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

got five free passes that i spent on random raids today thanks niantic lol

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I hatched a 100% Alolan Geodude on Friday, a 100% Turtwig during Entei raids and later I caught a Loudred from a quest reward I'd had stored for a few days (because who needs a loving Loudred?) well turns out THAT GUY was 100% as well!

Shame I didn't get a hundo Entei but 3 shinies and a few 96's will have to suffice.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

OgreNoah posted:

We had a raid train of like 9 cars today, wasn't an issue.

How do you get everyone in range of the gym at the same time? I get nervous enough throwing on hazards with just one car let alone 9

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The usual raid trains are anywhere from 6 to 20 cars. The idea behind Entei is that since almost every gym will be Entei, it's easy to pack people into 1 car (since he's easy to beat with 4 accounts) and zip around till people are done. It also means you can pack a lot more raids in if everyone is in the same car and you don't need to chat back and forth if someone gets booted or can't load the game, etc.

Anyway my friend doesn't seem upset, is happy I caught her one. I guess at best she is a casual player these days, she used to be a lot more into it (then again lots of people are like that, it is kinda dull without new content). Still does Community Days but doesn't do much raiding. I did let her know Thursday we would have a train for Mewtwo Saturday, but Saturday she was off riding with her husband all morning.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

How do you get everyone in range of the gym at the same time? I get nervous enough throwing on hazards with just one car let alone 9

I live in a city that's like 60,000 people, next to a city of 110,000. We start by walking at the local University and do about 10 raids there, then start driving to parks, cemeteries, and breweries with street parking, that sort of thing. Street parking is free here, especially on weekend. Usually we can all park close enough to any given gym to get in range, but sometimes a few people have to get out of their cars. The Parking police are only mean on the actual campus parking.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
20 cars is just stupid. At that point, rent a bus, or split up or something.

Did 5 raids with the kids, 2 shinies, and that was enough for us.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
OK, so as far as I can tell the guaranteed luckies are limited based on the account offering the 2016 pokemon. So there's no point trading your 09/2016 pokemon with a new account if your account has already received its ten guaranteed lucky trades. As far as I can tell I should basically try and do trades of these 2016 pokemon for other old pokemon, and then even though not guaranteed, you'll still be fairly likely to get shinies. https://thesilphroad.com/science/chance-of-lucky-trade/

Really it would just be nice to get rid of more of these so I don't have to be so paranoid when I'm mass transferring. It would be super nice if I could just have, like, a pokemon wine cellar where I just stick all of the ones I want to age separate from the others.

Also wow EX raid invites are hard to get in big metro areas. I did like 50 raids in the past week and ended up without an EX invite this round -- as far as I can tell it's because I was mostly raiding either in really big busy CBDs or near my random minimal traffic local gyms.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A hack basically but I would just favorite them and name them all something obvious to you that they are lucky trade fodder.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

tildes posted:

Also wow EX raid invites are hard to get in big metro areas. I did like 50 raids in the past week and ended up without an EX invite this round -- as far as I can tell it's because I was mostly raiding either in really big busy CBDs or near my random minimal traffic local gyms.

You are only eligible for Ex Raid passes by doing raids at Ex gyms.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i got an ex pass for 11 am on a wednesday, very reasonable

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Looks like they're changing the appraisals systems and putting in bars that show how strong each Pokemon is now.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
The other neat thing in that footage is you can scroll between pokemon, and it will automatically show the new appraisal in the overlay. No more tapping through like 3-4 lines for every appraisal!

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Old Swerdlow posted:

You are only eligible for Ex Raid passes by doing raids at Ex gyms.
Right-- about 1/2 these raids are at ex raid eligible gyms which have had a ton of ex raids there in the past. What I didn't realize is that if you're raiding at super heavily trafficked gyms you really need to also have a gold gym badge to have a chance at actually getting the invites, as far as I can tell. A lot of them are spoofed 24/7 so it seems really tough to get a pass as a normal player.

E: I guess I need to just go play at some much more out of the way ex raid eligible gyms

tangy yet delightful posted:

A hack basically but I would just favorite them and name them all something obvious to you that they are lucky trade fodder.

Yeah slowly favoriting, but should probably muster the energy to rename as well.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
20 cars is dumb, yeah, but good luck getting anyone outside of maybe 5 people to pay for the loving map we have. It's $5 a loving month but people refuse to. Same ones also whine that they can never find certain tasks or certain Pokemon.

Our furry new Discord member had a huge meltdown today. I am surprised it didn't take longer. She hit up the general chat and whined about how crap her Pokemon were and she really really wants a shiny Entei but no one will give her one because her Pokemon all suck. Sadly for I Need Attention, others chimed in with how they had invited her on the various Entei carpools, but she refused because she's the youngest daughter of her family, so they are overprotective, and won't let her ride with strangers. Okay, fine, understandable, but her family also won't drive her around...she's 21. She's blind in one eye. And refuses to carpool but also can't drive, but only some of her furry friends can drive her BUT SHE WANTS A SHINY ENTEI AND IT'S NOT HER FAULT SHE HAS A LIFE AND WORK OUTSIDE POKEMON GO SO WHY DO WE THINK SHE'S A TEENAGER OR AN INVALID?

She complained she was busy during the event. With her furry friends.

Thankfully the topic veered away from her when I posted why I couldn't spin any stops, I had over 300 golden berries, over 100 of them from raids yesterday, so she was ignored while people debated how many and what berries are best.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1150942449117933569

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

im screaming

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Yeah okay but where’s my Chopper Hat Stantler?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
thanks I hate it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LumpyGumby posted:

Looks like they're changing the appraisals systems and putting in bars that show how strong each Pokemon is now.

Source?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/7/15/20695455/pokemon-gos-appraisal-system-upgrade-ivs-new-version

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks.

All I have to say is :getin:

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

thanks I hate it

:same:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

im going to pop you both in the jaw

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They fixed the fast catch glitch.

Eat my whole rear end in a top hat Niantic

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Oh hey, a nice little Pokemon Go thread! I'll just add myself to the spreadsheet and check what people have been...

Cowslips Warren posted:

she's 21. She's blind in one eye. And refuses to carpool but also can't drive, but only some of her furry friends can drive her BUT SHE WANTS A SHINY ENTEI AND IT'S NOT HER FAULT SHE HAS A LIFE AND WORK OUTSIDE POKEMON GO SO WHY DO WE THINK SHE'S A TEENAGER OR AN INVALID?

... that was weird. Maybe the rest of the thread will...

oddium posted:

im going to pop you both in the jaw

I guess goons will be...

PathAsc posted:

... am I in the cursed images/schad thread?

On a related note, I'm super looking forward to that appraisal system. No more 3rd party weirdness. Maybe now I'll finally put effort into leveling things.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Another drat event pikachu?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PathAsc posted:

The android back button or the like move a raspberry off screen with one hand while throwing with the other or whatever that one was?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

PathAsc posted:

Yeah this really sucks, that new fast catch was making me actually click on things rather than ignoring them or leaving them to the gotcha. Apparently the old fast catch still works but I could never be bothered loving around with that, just tapping back was so good.

It's a shame because so many QoL changes in the update, they finally moved the loving "new attack" button so maybe I won't randomly blow 50k dust on a 23iv I thought I was transferring.

Also with the new appraisal system comes new search strings which will be pretty drat handy on com day

0* - 0-49%
1* : 51,1...64,4%
2* : 66,7...80,0%
3* : 82,2...97,8%
4* : 100,0%

ALSO upcoming changes to make PvP slightly more interesting
https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1150896918182137856

The charged attack isn't live but you can now see the CP of the pokemons battling.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don’t care about stats anymore, I just want lucky pokemon

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bowmore posted:

i don’t care about stats anymore, I just want lucky pokemon

This but cool shinies and gurdurr.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

If you have to start following a pattern to attack in raids, people are going to be so salty about two devices for one person no longer working... It's way harder to do that instead of tapping like mad :lol:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

kensei posted:

If you have to start following a pattern to attack in raids, people are going to be so salty about two devices for one person no longer working... It's way harder to do that instead of tapping like mad :lol:

I don't think it's going to apply to raids, but it probably will have something to do with the upcoming team rocket pokestop shenanigans.

EDIT: The mention of multi accounts reminded me of something I saw on Entei day, some people had managed to get 2 accounts running on 1 phone in split screen mode.

Dunno how they did it but kinda interested to see if it triggers the ban hammer at some point (although I hope not because they are nice people)

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2019

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has adventure sync these last couple of days been rear end? Its only syncing about half of my walks / sex swinging.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My last two research week mons have actually been ones that I needed. What is this sorcery? Come on Kyogre next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dragonstoned posted:

EDIT: The mention of multi accounts reminded me of something I saw on Entei day, some people had managed to get 2 accounts running on 1 phone in split screen mode.

Dunno how they did it but kinda interested to see if it triggers the ban hammer at some point (although I hope not because they are nice people)

Someone in my discord has that on android, ostensibly it can only be active on one screen at a time so you can't tap on both screens during a raid, for example