Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
To that point, in the Last Podcast on the Left series on him they wondered if Rader might have done it all on purpose because he wanted to be caught. There was definitely a part of him that wanted to be famous, and it may have been driving him crazy to be a relative unknown who was stuck at the bottom of all the morbid top 10 lists. I don't quite buy it (and neither did they), but I do wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He got famous enough to have a death metal song written about him that ended up in an ad on the History Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9HTfRUIC4

Probably the weirdest part of the whole thing is that Suffocation was on the History Channel

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/homicide-near-boilermaker-start-line-delays-utica-race/

Some instagrammer decapitated his exgirlfriend and posted pictures on instagram.

They were supposedly online for hours before they removed them.

What the hell is wrong with these people? :psyduck:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PhantomPayne posted:

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/homicide-near-boilermaker-start-line-delays-utica-race/

Some instagrammer decapitated his exgirlfriend and posted pictures on instagram.

I've only seen a bit of buzz, but it seems she only recently met him, and wasn't even involved with him. She was just muredered by another stranger. Jesus.

Don't trust people. We're just demons made flesh apparently.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"Millions of people didn't murder anybody today" doesn't make the news.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Jeremy_X posted:

It's actually still pretty easy to get away with most of the crimes that would land you in this thread. Basically just obscure your face, don't leak any of your fluids, and don't talk to the cops. Bam! iBundy.

Official story about how they solved this local murder is that they bagged and carted off a couple cubic metres worth of brambles from the scene, found a single hair that happened to be unusual (it was dyed and permed), looked for a guy with hair like that in the surveillance camera footage of the streetcar from the night of the murder, and boom. Pretty wow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

I've only seen a bit of buzz, but it seems she only recently met him, and wasn't even involved with him. She was just muredered by another stranger. Jesus.

Don't trust people. We're just demons made flesh apparently.

Yeah she has a cult following on some discord and a a bunch of creepy orbiters. The murderer also posted pictures of the body in their discord and there are screenshots floating around that I suggest no one googles.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Instagram doesn’t give a poo poo about violence against women. I’ve reported so many disgusting comments and accounts and every report has been rejected. But post a picture of yourself existing as a woman or trans/no person and whooooooo boy you’ll be shadow banned so quickly.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

PhantomPayne posted:

The murderer also posted “Subscribe to Pewdiepie” and promoted whiny, bemilkshake’d right-wing manchild Andy Ngo, because of course he did. There are further screenshots of him having sliced his own neck open, after changing his Instagram profile to reflect his “date of death,” but EMTs kept him alive and he’ll likely survive to face consequences.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
It's restricted for Europeans.
And lol Facebook recommended my fellow admins in a Facebook group to kick me out but then just did it for them anyway 5 mins after posting a video of a dude who starts break dancing to break in the middle of a highschool fight between two other people. Like it did go against their rules of posting violence so okay with the warning and stuff but I've seen way worse get posted that I reported that never got taken down. I can't help but be a little paranoid about them going extra hard because I'm a POC and the group has "feminist" in the name but it's probably more likely that it's just one those poor people who've gotten PTSD from reviewing absolute horrors on there who has gotten an increasingly lower need to watch anything too horrible for longer than needed.
loving of course and good. It's "funny" how everyone on the right has been yammering on about how every woman will get raped and murdered by Muslims because we're looking away to be too PC when they're doing the same thing with all of these white dudes who all just happen to listen to/watch/subscribe to the same old racist, misogynist trashbags. Statistics only count for the big brain rational men when it's mudbloods doing it.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Busket Posket posted:

The murderer also posted “Subscribe to Pewdiepie” and promoted whiny, bemilkshake’d right-wing manchild Andy Ngo, because of course he did. There are further screenshots of him having sliced his own neck open, after changing his Instagram profile to reflect his “date of death,” but EMTs kept him alive and he’ll likely survive to face consequences.

Wait, did he slice himself while in police custody? The news article just said they found him on the porch.

I think what bothered me the most is that a lot of instagrammers were self promoting themselves with "i've got videos pls subscribe or DM if you want to see", I got to see a cropped up picture of the poor girl on a Pokemon trading card page FFS.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

PhantomPayne posted:

Wait, did he slice himself while in police custody? The news article just said they found him on the porch.

Somewhere in there he had time to slice the side of his neck about 1” deep and laid down on what looks like the lawn to post a “goodbye” photo. I’m assuming they got him very shortly thereafter.

Sarcopenia posted:

I can't help but be a little paranoid about them going extra hard because I'm a POC and the group has "feminist" in the name but it's probably more likely that it's just one those poor people who've gotten PTSD from reviewing absolute horrors on there who has gotten an increasingly lower need to watch anything too horrible for longer than needed.

Definitely not paranoia; that happens more and more with the bias-fed algorithms before human moderators even see it, then you have to file an appeal to have someone actually look at it. (“Bias-fed” as in: People who aren’t fans of hate crimes can feed the bias by reporting, for example, pages or groups with the word “kekistan” in them to help automatically reject shitbags, but then shitbags can mass-report pages or groups with the word “muslim” in them to automatically reject their target groups.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Busket Posket posted:

What a time to be alive.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ToxicSlurpee posted:

"Billions of people didn't murder anybody today" doesn't make the news.

Fixed

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
A different, palate-cleansing flavor of curse:

“As Thiel’s wealth has grown, he’s gotten more strident. In a 2009 essay for the Cato Institute, he railed against taxes, ­government, women, poor people, and society’s acquiescence to the inevitability of death. (Thiel doesn’t accept death as inexorable.) He wrote that he’d reached some radical conclusions: ‘Most importantly, I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.’ The 1920s was the last time one could feel “genuinely optimistic” about American democracy, he said; since then, ‘the vast increase in welfare beneficiaries and the extension of the franchise to women—two constituencies that are notoriously tough for libertarians—have rendered the notion of “capitalist democracy” into an oxymoron.’

Who is Peter Thiel? Most well-known as co-founder Of PayPal, he’s also very, VERY well-connected and powerful.

And now, he wants to tank Google because they won’t help him gather even more data in a US military project. On the surface, he’s a patriot wanting to punish Google for helping the Chinese government censor websites, but his actual motivation is greed and spite.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugh, I hate Thielology majors.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He’s literally an action movie corporate bad guy mixed with a vampire, it’s pretty impressive

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The name Thiel even sounds evil. Obersturmführer von Thiel wants to steal this mystic tibetan water clock that will allow him to go back in time and save Hitler.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

He’s literally an action movie corporate bad guy mixed with a vampire, it’s pretty impressive

If he was in a Bond movie people would call it over the top

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm Matt Danzeisen, owner of a Porsche SUV!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Instagram doesn’t give a poo poo about violence against women. I’ve reported so many disgusting comments and accounts and every report has been rejected. But post a picture of yourself existing as a woman or trans/no person and whooooooo boy you’ll be shadow banned so quickly.

I thought their whole business model was based around women posting pictures of themselves existing?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I thought their whole business model was based around women posting pictures of themselves existing?

A very specific type of woman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pretty?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

And willing to shill products.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I'm not the most woke person, but I've been googling "no person" for a few minutes and only found that it's the opposite of a "yes" person.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mammal Sauce posted:

I'm not the most woke person, but I've been googling "no person" for a few minutes and only found that it's the opposite of a "yes" person.

I assume they're referring to nonbinary folks, and/or folks who reject gender altogether.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Instagram doesn't give a poo poo about you if you don't exist!!!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I assume they're referring to nonbinary folks, and/or folks who reject gender altogether.

yeah i assume it was a typo for nb

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Dude in Japan just burned 33 people to death in an anime studio.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-fire/appalling-arson-attack-on-japanese-animation-studio-kills-at-least-33-idUSKCN1UD0AT

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Real fuckin NEET-o

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
He was ranting about plagiarism so my guess is that they stole his original OC Waifu, do not steal

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish people hadn't died, because it's terrible, but since I'm also petty, so I could laugh. :smith:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The unnerving part is the building layout.

Apparently the circle is a spiral staircase and the roof was locked. No wonder 33 people died.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Posted this in Cursed Images, but it seems a bit Unnerving or even Wierd news.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12249843

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

The unnerving part is the building layout.

Apparently the circle is a spiral staircase and the roof was locked. No wonder 33 people died.

So the circle was basically a chimney?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129551459

Russian hunter shoots tiger, steals part of its kill. Tiger stalks hunter, finds his home, destroys anything it can get to with his scent on it, and waits by his front door in ambush.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Phy posted:

Russian hunter shoots tiger, steals part of its kill. Tiger stalks hunter, finds his home, destroys anything it can get to with his scent on it, and waits by his front door in ambush.

Pyf incredibly awesome article or story

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Phy posted:

:3: good kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

immortalyawn posted:

Posted this in Cursed Images, but it seems a bit Unnerving or even Wierd news.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12249843

Christ that's horrifying. That poor woman.

I wonder if England is now legislate more sex acts away like they do.