Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I have descended into hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Control Volume posted:

I have descended into hell

https://twitter.com/HeavenlyControl/status/1150950714090278916

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thats just a slightly remixed version of 1-1, the easiest level in mario

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Lil' timing based level I noodled out while messing around with clear pipes. They're very particular about what they'll let pass through and at what angles! Kind of a pain in the rear end!!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I reused a favorite gimmick from one of my SMM1 levels all over again to bring you guys:

Nipping at Your Heels
M3Q-WG7-NVG

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there a quick way of resetting my 'levels played' counter on the Random Acts of Mario site, or is it really just that I have to remove that specific cookie?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

It's like Trials of Death without all the kaizo item tricks

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChompBraden/status/1109669577481428992

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Just tried making my first 3D World level for the course jam, and jeez, there's so much missing from that mode, it's frustrating. Also I couldn't get the scroll-stop to work for some odd reason.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to rebuild my level (called "Your Dad Thinks You're Dumb" because you don't trust your kids with normal Mario levels) in the New Super style tomorrow.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there a quick way of resetting my 'levels played' counter on the Random Acts of Mario site, or is it really just that I have to remove that specific cookie?

If you reach the end it gives you the option to reset. If you search on a particular user name you can cycle through their stuff quickly to get that prompt, although I’m unsure if it then resets everything or just the levels for that user.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Straight White Shark posted:

Raging Railroad

31W N4J 9KF

Train level inspired heavily by the train in Little Nemo's Adventures on the NES, and also general action movie cliches about fighting bad dudes on top of a train. Shouldn't be too incredibly difficult I think.

It took me years to beat that Nemo stage!! This was very good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm falling way behind on stages! I really have liked every single one I've played, sorry I don't post reviews much.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm falling way behind on stages! I really have liked every single one I've played, sorry I don't post reviews much.

I think likes on the level/maker points are the main thing people are looking for if you don't have specific critiques, so thank you for your service. :patriot:

I feel kind of dumb when it comes to design personally, so I don't tend to have much to say beyond ":v: I liked it!"

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

Sometimes shells may miss the blocks because they travel at different speeds depending upon whether you're running or not when you hit them, but it doesn't really matter in this case as it's a brief level and there's more than one way you can go for some of the coins. As a whole, the level works. I had to replay a couple of times because I already turned my brain off for the night and kept unnecessarily trying to hit that last on/off switch with a jump from the springboard.

I thought I had that part nailed down, so I'll go back and look at it to learn. Thanks for playing it!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Hey I missed this thread somehow.

I've made a few levels so far, the latest and probably best of which is Vine Frndz, in which Mario and his Vine Frndz have to escape the dreaded lava and avoid obstacles along the way. 1LV-15k-7KF I'd appreciate any feedback.

Looking forward to digging through the random site to find some good levels. :D

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yeah, hit the report button on that one for copying 1-1's layout and grant everyone else mercy.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

It took me years to beat that Nemo stage!! This was very good.

Glad I'm not the only one that got stuck there as a kid. It always pissed me off because the level right after it was super chill and good but it was gated by that goddamn train.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, hit the report button on that one for copying 1-1's layout and grant everyone else mercy.

That would not be an appropriate use of the report button! That level is designed for people who explicitly like that kind of thing.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I went back a few pages, but didn't see this video shared, but did see other videos from this creator. My mind is shook from the cleverness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgGgo56zqw

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Awesome Animals posted:

I went back a few pages, but didn't see this video shared, but did see other videos from this creator. My mind is shook from the cleverness.

I can't prevent thwomps from despawning and then there are people out there working dark arts like this. *throws level plans in the garbage*

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It's bonkers. I'm still shook.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The best part is, it really IS surprisingly simple! Boos detect direction, munchers destroy bombs.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Reposted for the morning crowd: Trouble on Highfrost Mountain (5SV-QL4-5BG)

Magikoopas have taken over Highfrost Mountain. Reach the summit and reclaim it. But beware of heights, and don't lose your footing!

I wanted to make a level about climbing an incredibly tall mountain. I was originally going to put a checkpoint flag on the summit, to symbolize Mario planting the flag of the Mushroom Kingdom, but the level was fairly long and I figured I should put the checkpoint in a better location. I'd love some feedback (especially if you have suggestions for improvement).

Edit: Fixed something in the level, updated code.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 16, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I see asoftlock possibility in that screenshot, if you were small and went up the clouds on the right(unless it's clear on the other side off screen)

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I think I see asoftlock possibility in that screenshot, if you were small and went up the clouds on the right(unless it's clear on the other side off screen)

Hmm, you're right. That's what I get for decorating too much. It's only been played a few times, so let me re-upload. Stand by.

Edit: Okay, here's the updated code: Trouble on Highfrost Mountain (5SV-QL4-5BG)

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 16, 2019

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome Animals posted:

Remember how people made simple computers with minecraft parts? Thats definitely going to happen with SMM2

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

J-Spot's method of searching for something to reach the end sooner works but I just added a link to reset.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

How does multiplayer handle objectives like "defeat all goombas"? Could one player just wait on the flag while everyone else completes the objective? It would be nice if the objectives changed in multiplayer so whoever got the most goombas/coins/etc won when the flag was reached.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

NofrikinfuN posted:

How does multiplayer handle objectives like "defeat all goombas"? Could one player just wait on the flag while everyone else completes the objective? It would be nice if the objectives changed in multiplayer so whoever got the most goombas/coins/etc won when the flag was reached.

Only one person gets the flag, if you want it you can steal it by jumping on them

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Only one person gets the flag, if you want it you can steal it by jumping on them

Oh, I didn't even consider that approach. I wonder how it determines who gets the flag? Whoever met the condition, whoever did the most work, random?

I was putting together a level based around defeating enemies and wondered if I should consider multiplayer in the design.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's whoever meets the condition

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Got a new level:

Buzzyburrow Glacier
YND-532-VGG

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

NofrikinfuN posted:

Oh, I didn't even consider that approach. I wonder how it determines who gets the flag? Whoever met the condition, whoever did the most work, random?

I was putting together a level based around defeating enemies and wondered if I should consider multiplayer in the design.

If your level has a clear condition its awful for multiplayer and there's not much you can do about that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Something that is very strange to me after reading thousands of comments in this game is that children seem to absolutely love Luigi

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Help Im Alive posted:

Something that is very strange to me after reading thousands of comments in this game is that children seem to absolutely love Luigi

I am optimistic for this generation of children

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to make a Perfect Run for upload 32

Thing is I have ideas that work with literally every style but SMB1 and can't settle on which to use. What's SA's favorite style so I can get over my block?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Help Im Alive posted:

Kids love Luigi, Milleniels love Gooigi (and Bowsette)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to make a Perfect Run for upload 32

Thing is I have ideas that work with literally every style but SMB1 and can't settle on which to use. What's SA's favorite style so I can get over my block?

Honestly its 3D world at this point. The movement in it just feels so drat good. Obviously it has some serious limitations due to its lack of parts but in a vaccuum a 3D world level is gonna be the one I have the most fun with.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If we could just have things like the switch blocks, the grabber, certain other enemies, and the ability to use the night themes, 3D World would be perfect

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

If we could just have things like the switch blocks, the grabber, certain other enemies, and also 3D World was deleted forever, 3D World would be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Remember how people made simple computers with minecraft parts? Thats definitely going to happen with SMM2

And I cannot wait.