Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Some of the stuff from the miniature game Warmachine might help too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Requesting female Elf/Half-Elf types of a roguish or artificery nature with punk swagger (Tank Girl was an inspiration) or burn scars, if anybody's got anything like that. I've had a bit of a time finding Elven women who aren't cheesecakey and are more greasy than they are fey.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Requesting female Elf/Half-Elf types of a roguish or artificery nature with punk swagger (Tank Girl was an inspiration) or burn scars, if anybody's got anything like that. I've had a bit of a time finding Elven women who aren't cheesecakey and are more greasy than they are fey.

Not sure how open you are to using Shadowrun-ish elves, but here's what I've found:

Also this, which I'm posting more for the sake of it:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Master of El Kabong Fencing Style.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Anyone got female-presenting goliaths in heavy armor, preferably with a glaive?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Here's a close fit?

https://www.artstation.com/matias_tapia

I also found:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jz8Gd

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 16, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They really liked that first one - They're playing Ylva Heartstabber Othala-Lagi, and i think that image fits great.

Now i'm putting my character together, and i'd love any art you have of witchy fantasy teen girls/youths with a really big book. Bonus points if it's spooky - I've designed a warlock character named Agnès Mystagogicon-Kaplan who is married to a demonic book

edit: the more she looks like a guilty gear character the better

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 17, 2019

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Anyone have any good lady rogues with fine, flashy clothing? She's going to be an Arcane Trickster and use daggers, and I won't be using armor, instead I'll have the mage armor spell. So something that looks non threatening, but noticeable, with good places to hide daggers. Incorporating a mage hand spell optional.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Nucular Carmul posted:

Anyone have any good lady rogues with fine, flashy clothing? She's going to be an Arcane Trickster and use daggers, and I won't be using armor, instead I'll have the mage armor spell. So something that looks non threatening, but noticeable, with good places to hide daggers. Incorporating a mage hand spell optional.

I wasn't sure if you wanted a specific race, but here are some pics that may or may not be what you're looking for. Most of my flashy clothes pics kinda screamed bard so I went with these ones.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Thanks! It's a little hard to find art for weird off the normal character types, everyone thinks rogues have to wear leather armor and it really cuts down on the viable pics.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone got some dark magic shops? For some reason I can't find any.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Only one I had on me that shows the interior.

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

Tetracube posted:

Anyone got some dark magic shops? For some reason I can't find any.

Look for hidden object game art, half of the backgrounds in those games are dark potion rooms of some kind

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Here's just a few female fantasy designs.

by Stygian-Sump

by Mournful Wizard

by Gauntes

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

it's been a million years since this was posted but i think i definitely need a mini that is as close to this in look as possible. any ideas?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just chuck a crude green stuff sphere on the top of a knight.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
there's something about the super-neutral pose and the relatively unadorned armor. i can't make something similar on heroforge, and this'll sound weird but most minis i can find are...too dynamic? too detailed?

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

there's something about the super-neutral pose and the relatively unadorned armor. i can't make something similar on heroforge, and this'll sound weird but most minis i can find are...too dynamic? too detailed?

https://www.heroforge.com/load_share=118692/

You can fiddle wit the pose a bit more on the advanced options these days - something like that?

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
oh thanks for that. good jumping-off point. appreciate it but

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
There's way too many for me to inline them in the post, but here, I threw together a goblin gallery for y'all.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
If you liked any of the pixel art I've posted, then you might want to check out the finished site!

Here's a very good boy to pay the art tax -

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You mind if I put that link in the OP?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Dr. Lunchables posted:

You mind if I put that link in the OP?

Sure! Go for it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

McKilligan posted:

Sure! Go for it.

Do you have an/any appropriately kickass piece of art to post as a link?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Do you have an/any appropriately kickass piece of art to post as a link?

or

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

McKilligan posted:

If you liked any of the pixel art I've posted, then you might want to check out the finished site!

This is a pretty awesome piece of design.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I used both and attributed you. Hopefully people check the OP...

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I used both and attributed you. Hopefully people check the OP...

I also made a thread, in case people want to discuss anything specific to the site.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
This is probably too specific to get much, but this thread has served up amazing stuff before so I'll give it a shot. I'm looking for any pictures of fantasy characters dressed/armed in styles evoking medieval Eastern Europe and the Near East, i.e. Byzantine, Russian and Turkish.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 2, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

McKilligan posted:

Did you make that background?

If so, it may be worth considering a papercraft terrain branch at some point.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Moriatti posted:

Did you make that background?

If so, it may be worth considering a papercraft terrain branch at some point.

Yup, I made everything!

But yeah, maybe I'll throw together a couple terrain textures sometime, they're just so boooooring to make....

EDIT - Have some cultists!

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 5, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

McKilligan posted:

Yup, I made everything!

But yeah, maybe I'll throw together a couple terrain textures sometime, they're just so boooooring to make....

Understandable

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

McKilligan posted:

This is the good stuff.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

ZearothK posted:

This is the good stuff.

Thanks! We just got the mobile version running, and added the Cultists in yesterday. More variants of them coming soon!

Anyway, I hate to beg, but the site is still in it's infancy - If you like our stuff, follow us on twitter @MinisRetrograde and share us around wherever it is you share stuff, every little bit helps!

We're going to offer a special Halloween set soon, so look forward to that.

In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, have some cultists!

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 6, 2019

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So I ended up making what feels like my favourite DnD character of all time after a joke with a buddy in discord, and I need something.

I need kindly little old grandmothers who will absolutely gently caress YOUR poo poo UP.

example included:

Edit: also, does anyone have an older lady in armor with a hammer and shield?

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 6, 2019

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

MohawkSatan posted:

So I ended up making what feels like my favourite DnD character of all time after a joke with a buddy in discord, and I need something.

I need kindly little old grandmothers who will absolutely gently caress YOUR poo poo UP.

example included:

Edit: also, does anyone have an older lady in armor with a hammer and shield?

That query reminded me of something. See how you like this image that The Crotch posted.

The Crotch posted:

Best I can do for the most part is middle-aged-ish fighterladies, except for this:

She knows what she's doing.

Rehosted:

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 6, 2019

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
To add to that,

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm looking for high-tech-to-sci-fi corporate types, preferably of the sleek and high tech variety without obvious cybernetics or being in space.

In exchange, here's a selection of sci-fi scenery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
McKilligan please keep producing and never stop