Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Frozen Hollow, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Fixed the Active Players names!

15. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Shield Bash (bot)! Round bonus active: SHIELD1, Self
- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (top)! Round bonus active: RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.

I'm so tired of all these Retaliate Wars.

26. Hounds posted:

- Hound 3(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 3 to C6. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, -1mod, SHIELD2) damage! Chainmail 1st charge used! Bullwinkle RETALIATES for 2 damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 3(E) is at 5 HP
- Hound 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 3 to C7. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, -1mod, SHIELD2) damage! Chainmail 2nd charge used! Bullwinkle RETALIATES for 2 damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 4(E) is at 5 HP
- Hound 1 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 4 to C5!
- Hound 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 3 to C7. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage! Chainmail 3rd charge used! SPENT! Bullwinkle RETALIATES for 2 damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 2 is at 4 HP

33. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Flies 4 to D5. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage! Heater Shield SPENT!. Attacks Rocky for 3 (2base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Chainmail 1st charge used! Attacks Master Splinter for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Rocky is at 11 HP.
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Flies 3 to D4.

Living Spirits are dangerous and annoying. With their low HP count and their moderate/high SHIELD value, they are vulnerable to massive damage, PIERCE and pure/splash damage. Being fliers, they ignore all kind of terrain; if the Elite dies where it stands, it'll drop its money on top of the obstacle, forcing our party to either deal with the obstacle itself, use a LOOT card or Fly themselves (and land on top of the stalagmite).

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus active: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Attacks Hound 4(E) for 0 (1base, NULLmod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. Hound 4 RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Master Splinter is at 3 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Hound 3(E) for 2 (1base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 3(E) is at 3 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Hound 1 for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage! Living Spirit 4(E), Hound 2 and Hound 3(E) suffer 1 splash damage!
Hound 1 is at 3 HP.
Living Spirit 4(E) is at 2 HP.
Hound 1 is at 3 HP.
Hound 2 is at 3 HP.
Hound 3(E) is at 2 HP and is STUNNED!
- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (bot)! Moves1 to A7.
EARTH is now strong.

That was a lot of splash damage!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters deck is shuffled!
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.

Starting rooms with Hounds (and a melee comp) are often brutal...and this was no exception. Both parties are bruised and bloodied.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Yeowch. That was some bad luck for Splinter.

I think I'm going to use the axe to cleave, and then move to set up for an attack on the Spirits next round. Unfortunately I don't have any more fast cards so the Hounds could be a problem.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I'm going to go fast, kill the hound in front of me (hopefully) and try to heal a little bit.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm going to go fairly fast and heal splinter for a moderate amount and bull for a little bit. Unless you guys think MORE PUNCH is a better idea right now. I've got a bunch of AOE

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

DarthRoblox posted:

I'm going to go fast, kill the hound in front of me (hopefully) and try to heal a little bit.

If you weren't aware, since Retaliate triggers after an attack has resolved, if the Hound is no longer adjacent to Splinter after an attack, like through a Push affect, then the Retaliate would not affect you. That could protect you from suffering more Retaliate with another unlucky modifier draw.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

I'm going to go fairly fast and heal splinter for a moderate amount and bull for a little bit. Unless you guys think MORE PUNCH is a better idea right now. I've got a bunch of AOE

Healing is almost always better saved for transition rounds when you're looting/resting/moving up to an unopened door. Since you've got Earth this round, piling on damage may be best.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Reik posted:

If you weren't aware, since Retaliate triggers after an attack has resolved, if the Hound is no longer adjacent to Splinter after an attack, like through a Push affect, then the Retaliate would not affect you. That could protect you from suffering more Retaliate with another unlucky modifier draw.

Also dead enemies don't retaliate, just FYI!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

Healing is almost always better saved for transition rounds when you're looting/resting/moving up to an unopened door. Since you've got Earth this round, piling on damage may be best.

Unless healing now can either prevent damage that would trigger card loss, or substitutes for a useless action due to cards in hand. Slaan's play uses earth as a top action, so adding +1 ranged damage is his only other option (not that it's a bad option).

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Healing Splinter is still great and should totally be done, but we also need to get some baddies off the board. Those Hounds are really dangerous, and the Spirits are no pushover either, as we saw.

I can't outpace either of y'all, so I'm going to go around the middle of the round. If you guys don't move then I should still be the focus of all their attacks.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Orders in. I'm going to do a big AoE with small damage and heal Splinter for a bit, acting moderately fast. Hopefully Bullwinkle doesn't mind a bit of mud getting splashed onto him as well

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Yea, as long as I draw at least a 0 then I can take care of the hound in front of me, so I'd rather go for that than just shove it out of the way (I think it would probably just run back up and hit me in most circumstances anyways). Good to know that pushing disables retaliate though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 2A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

That's...nasty :v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Frigid Apparition.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Dirt Tornado.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
Bullwinkle (Hand7, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 54 with Leaping Cleave and Trample.

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

So if the spirits move to d6 and d7 I can hit all of them with my attack, giving them all muddle. It would muddle bull as well, though. But even with that our two AOEs should still be able to kill or heavily weaken most of the hounds. I can also ignore shield with my bow so the spirits are likely to die

I could also just do an equally strong attack and immobilize something so as to not slow down bull. It would give up healing splinter though. I think the aoe is more worth it though it might end up costing bull a kill or two

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 12, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Slaan posted:

So if the spirits move to d6 and d7 I can hit all of them with my attack, giving them all muddle. It would muddle bull as well, though. But even with that our two AOEs should still be able to kill or heavily weaken most of the hounds. I can also ignore shield with my bow so the spirits are likely to die

I could also just do an equally strong attack and immobilize something so as to not slow down bull. It would give up healing splinter though. I think the aoe is more worth it though it might end up costing bull a kill or two

Nah, do the Tornado. The elite Spirit isn't moving, and the normal Spirit is moving to D6, so you can hit all but one enemy (if Hound 4 survives, you should absolutely hit that one, even though it means muddling me). It's so much damage this turn, especially if you use goggles.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The dogs are beastly. Somewhat fragile, but the party is always going to get bloodied against them.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the pierce attack still consumes shield items charges?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Great. One advantaged explosion coming right up

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Omobono posted:

The dogs are beastly. Somewhat fragile, but the party is always going to get bloodied against them.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the pierce attack still consumes shield items charges?

Yes.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Omobono posted:

The combination of retaliation, low initiative and high movement makes them surprisingly dangerous. Then they pull their multiattack or their +2 with friends cards and really mess you up.

They and the Spirits have pulled great combo cards to make this first room work. If the Spirits had gotten 0 movement and been stuck around the corner, this would feel like a very different start to the scenario.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Narsham posted:

The combination of retaliation, low initiative and high movement makes them surprisingly dangerous. Then they pull their multiattack or their +2 with friends cards and really mess you up.

They and the Spirits have pulled great combo cards to make this first room work. If the Spirits had gotten 0 movement and been stuck around the corner, this would feel like a very different start to the scenario.

On the other hand, we got really lucky with the Hounds' cards. Round 1 they all did small attacks on a shielded target, and this round they're going too slowly to do anything (I'd be surprised if any are alive to take a turn).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Phelddagrif posted:

On the other hand, we got really lucky with the Hounds' cards. Round 1 they all did small attacks on a shielded target, and this round they're going too slowly to do anything (I'd be surprised if any are alive to take a turn).

Yeah, they kept outspeeding my entire group when we last played in real life. I didn't even know they had a card this slow.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
I should be OK, since as long as I don't pull a Null or -1 (famous last words right) I can kill the hound on me and then dance around to get a total of +3 hp back - that also means Rocky can target the tornado to not muddle Bull, so you might want to build in that contingency.

I'll lose the health I gain to the spirits right away, assuming the normal one will move forward to hit more targets, but I won't need emergency healing this round.

DarthRoblox fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 13, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just a heads up thread, I'll be traveling most of the day today, so I won't probably be able to update! We'll get back on track tomorrow.

Edit: aaand I'm still not home lol. My flight got cancelled and I had to spend the night at a friend's place. I may be able to update later today, but I'm not 100% positive, stay tuned!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 14, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Back on track!

Frozen Hollow, Round 2B

- None!

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Consumes ICE. Attacks Hound 4(E) for 10 (3base, x2mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 4(E) is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! HEAL2, Self!
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.
ICE is now strong.

:ese:

33. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Attacks Rocky for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Chainmail 2nd charge used! Attacks Master Splinter for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage!
Bullwinkle is at 12 HP.
Rocky is at 9 HP.
Master Splinter is at 4 HP.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Flies 3 to D6. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage! Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Chainmail 3rd charge used! Chainmail SPENT! Attacks Master Splinter for 2 (1base, x2mod) damage!
Master Splinter is at 2 HP.

I guess at least the x2 got pulled on a 1 damage attack...

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! Activates Eagle-eyed Goggles! Consumes EARTH. Gains 1XP. Targets D6 as bottom hex.
Attacks Hound 3(E) with ADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, +2/+1mod) damage! Attacks Hound 2 with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+0mod) damage! Attacks Hound 1 with ADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +0/-1mod) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 3 for 2 (2base, x2/NULLmod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 4(E) for 0 (2base, +1/+1mod, SHIELD3) damage!
Hound 3(E) is killed!
Hound 2 is killed!
Hound 1 is at 1 HP and is MUDDLED!
Living Spirit 3 is killed!
Living Spirit 4(E) is at 2 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot)! HEAL2 Master Spliter!
Master Splinter is at 4 HP.

:boom:
Just to clarify - and the reason I've used part of your contingency orders Slann (the one about "hitting the most targets possible"), you don't need to center the AOE template at the Range specified on the attack card; you just need to place one hex of the AOE at that Range; so with Dirt Tornado, you can place the bottom hex at range 2 and use the rest of the template to hit everything :eng101:

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps2 to D6.
- Bullwinkle uses Trample (top)! Attacks Hound 1 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Hound 1 is killed!
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
AIR is now strong.

Phelddagrif as per your PM, your exact execution was difficult to pinpoint before playing out the round, so I've moved your to D6 since that would put you close to both the remaining enemies, including the surviving Living Spirit, giving you a better position for the following Round. Please let me know if you'd prefer to move to C6 instead!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- The Monsters deck is shuffled!
- Rocky's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.
- AIR is now waning.

That went quite well, all things considered...our party is bloodied, but victorious - at least for now! E: ICE should be inert instead of strong!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 15, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
How is ice strong after being consumed by Frigid Apparition? Also you have Splinter attacking for 0 when it should be 10.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

How is ice strong after being consumed by Frigid Apparition? Also you have Splinter attacking for 0 when it should be 10.

:v:

Frigid Apparition consumes ICE ofc, it doesn't infuse it. And one of the Hounds are the 1, ofc.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:hellyeah:

Eat tornado, doggies

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

drat that tornado did good.

D6 is fine! I'm gonna use the air to attack the Spirit. I intend to use a Loot 1 the following round, before moving up towards the door, then long resting after that to recover my items.

(that last screenshot shows our Mindthief at 2 HP when she should be at 4)

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Shouldn't I have gotten +1 hp from the necklace of teeth? Or does the red background on the spreadsheet mean that I don't have it?

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Also I'm going to run up and stab the spirit, killing it on a flat roll or better.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

DarthRoblox posted:

Shouldn't I have gotten +1 hp from the necklace of teeth? Or does the red background on the spreadsheet mean that I don't have it?

Both the Necklace of Teeth and the Empowering Talisman are head slot items and the previous player's loadout had the Talisman instead of the Necklace equipped...since we've just started and you haven't really used either till now, we can still swap them out (and get the health on kill) if you want to!

Also I'll fix your HP (4 instead of 2) in the next update :)

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Slaan posted:

:hellyeah:

Eat tornado, doggies

Now they're taking a dirt nap. Splinter's still looking unhealthy, but otherwise you pulled out of that situation pretty well.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Ah ok - I'll hang on to the empowering talisman then, an extra stamina potion usage is probably worth more than a few points of healing.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from one player! Not too big of a deal, actually, since I've forgot to turn on my remote machine today :v: The update will take place later today, if I get the missing order.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sent in. Healing up splinter and moving forward

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 3A

- ICE should be inert instead of strong!
- Master Splinter should be at 4HP instead of 2!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Please let me know where you want me to move the Spirit if you have any preference! Also since the update is so late, let me know if you need an extension!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 27 with Fearsome Blade and Gnawing Horde.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand7, Discarded4, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Rumbling Advance.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"
Bullwinkle (Hand5, Discarded5, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 32 with Warding Strength and Skewer.

32. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"WARDING STRENGTH (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH2
BOT: Permanent bonus On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

The Spirit won't move, since it's muddled (and can't lose disadvantage by moving).

I'm assuming people are grabbing coins; I'll Skewer the spirit if it's alive and move accordingly.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 16, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

- ICE should be inert instead of strong!
You're telling me, man.

I couldn't agree more.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Phelddagrif posted:

The Spirit won't move, since it's muddled (and can't lose disadvantage by moving).

Wait what? I don't follow and I think my group might have been loving up a rule if that's the case.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait what? I don't follow and I think my group might have been loving up a rule if that's the case.

Enemies move the fewest number of spaces possible to both
A) Attack their focus
B) Attack their focus without disadvantage if possible
C) Attack as many foes as possible

The reason ranged enemies step back is because of B. But if they are muddled, they gain nothing by stepping back and so stay put (unless stepping back lets them hit more targets, due to C)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Ah, I forgot the positioning of the spirit between the update and that post. Thanks for clarifying.

I thought there was some sub-rule I'd missed where muddled fucks with movement beyond that.