Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

I wonder how widespread the "dump everything into the same chamber, nullifying all your sorting efforts" thing from Vordingborg municipality actually is. Probably very.

Probably.

Which is a good argument to produce as little waste as possible, regardless of type.

"Reduce, reuse, recycle" is still my favorite way to phrase it. I'm not sure who originally came up with it, but I think it's a brilliant little bit of communication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

i mean if you want to discuss those things you can bring them up
No! We must perform our various functions, as the Mentats we are.

..I might've been reading too much Dune, lately.
Just kidding, there's no such thing.

Zombiepop posted:

I would like to ask the local danes how the it comes you are one of Europas top consumers of cocain? Lax laws or just an appetite?
I'm curious where you have this from - since I don't spend my time hoovering up plant powder with my nose, I'm not exactly tapped in to the grapevine of knowing the latest statistics on these things.

KozmoNaut posted:

Probably.

Which is a good argument to produce as little waste as possible, regardless of type.

"Reduce, reuse, recycle" is still my favorite way to phrase it. I'm not sure who originally came up with it, but I think it's a brilliant little bit of communication.
Jammerbugt kommune where I'm from is one of the first ones (along with Aalborg) to implement that sorting - and yeah, that's come up a fair few times among locals. The impression I get is that most people are hoping that at some point it'll actually be useful sorting, but since they're already accustomed to it (which took a remarkably short time), they might as well continue - and I feel much the same way.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 16, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
In vordingborgs recycling center's defense, the greater vordingborg area is a desolate hellscape where no love or life can take root without being corrupted. I'm sure being a municipal recycling worker in those gray wastes, the only goal you really have, is to help the planets headlong rush towards climate doom.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Zombiepop posted:

Regarding politics, hm idk there is some discussion about nuclear power and ringhals

https://youtu.be/qWfO5mJTAZM
End of discussion.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

They wanted ringhals as far away from Stockholm as they could possibly go. Had it been built today it would have been on a floating platform in international waters off the coast of Copenhagen.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Katt posted:

They wanted ringhals as far away from Stockholm as they could possibly go. Had it been built today it would have been on a floating platform in international waters off the coast of Copenhagen.

Peberholm!

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

In vordingborgs recycling center's defense, the greater vordingborg area is a desolate hellscape where no love or life can take root without being corrupted. I'm sure being a municipal recycling worker in those gray wastes, the only goal you really have, is to help the planets headlong rush towards climate doom.

Some municipalities start with consumer for a couple of years just to "train" the population to sort, before actually sorting at the recycling centre.

Condolences that you live in vordinghul.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vordingbøv

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Vordingbøv
Is that a very Sønderjysk version of Jakabov?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm curious where you have this from - since I don't spend my time hoovering up plant powder with my nose, I'm not exactly tapped in to the grapevine of knowing the latest statistics on these things.

I dunno the statistics, but it's insanely common and barely stigmatized in Copenhagen. I have walked in on people getting ready to hit the town with lines all over their living room tables, and been had people tell me they were baffled I was still sapient at 5 AM without being coked up.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

The Guardian mentioned it in an article and it seems to be from a 2-3 year old UN report.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zombiepop posted:

The Guardian mentioned it in an article and it seems to be from a 2-3 year old UN report.
That doesn't really make sense, because the new PDF report only has four data-points for Denmark, with numbers not explained and so far apart that the margin of error given the available data (ie. not the raw numbers, just the statistics) make the numbers basically meaningless in terms of distinguishing between the years - ie. it might be around 1% for all the years they report, rather than approximately 1.5, 0.5, 0.5 and 1.5.
In addition, Denmark isn't even mentioned among the countries that the text of the report focuses on, and it doesn't even have the biggest year-over-year increase (that dubious distinction goes to Czechia) - and usually the relative increase is what headlines like that are based on, so it seems as if The Guardian had a conclusion that they wanted to justify, so they went picking for data to support it.
Perhaps The Guardian should focus more on its own readership since it's almost double that of Denmark and the highest of any measured.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 19, 2019

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I dunno the statistics, but it's insanely common and barely stigmatized in Copenhagen. I have walked in on people getting ready to hit the town with lines all over their living room tables, and been had people tell me they were baffled I was still sapient at 5 AM without being coked up.

I saw some vox pop recorded at the Distortion street festival (either this year or last year), where they asked people which they would able to get the quickest, pizza or coke. Everyone they asked answered coke.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It's a refreshing beverage.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Danish pizza is poo poo anyhow

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Norway still beats out all of Scandinavia (and pretty much all Western Europe, and I believe most of the rest as well) when it comes to intravenous heroin and related overdose deaths, though I think some somewhat recent policies (aimed mostly at providing aid and medical assistance rather than prosecuting addicts) have at least cut back on the number of overdose deaths.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152307567634391041

Kill me now

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Apparently a lot of people are outranged that a celebrity millionaire and his group of grown rear end men, aren’t just completely free to go anywhere in the world and smash up annoying kids and continue to pound and stomp on them while they’re on the ground.

:qq: “B.. b.. b.. but they were totally asking for it. Oh, and it was really in self defense also, especially the part where they were on the ground, I really feared for my life then.”. Of course orange rear end in a top hat gets right on this :smdh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1152263150789509120

If there's one thing that can be said about contemporary politics, it is that they are never dull

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
This stupid poo poo is going to dominate the news for days.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
gently caress if we don't have issues ith our legal system but why do people think our politicians have powers of pardon?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Is this not why you have "bodyguards" in your crew; let them deal out the beatings, and take the heat. Stupid to join in.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

thotsky posted:

Is this not why you have "bodyguards" in your crew; let them deal out the beatings, and take the heat. Stupid to join in.

Ironically I think the bodyguard is one of the few not on trial for assault here. He's on video having the patience of a saint.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Fader Movitz posted:

This stupid poo poo has been dominating the news for days.

FYI

One of many reasons Swedish journalists are crap is this incessant focus on US news and politics due to pop culture and illiteracy in other languages than English.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Ironically I think the bodyguard is one of the few not on trial for assault here. He's on video having the patience of a saint.
Probably because he is properly trained and knows where self defense ends. Which is exactly what you should expect of a bodyguard. Stop the threat and don't cause any dumb poo poo.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Poil posted:

Probably because he is properly trained and knows where self defense ends. Which is exactly what you should expect of a bodyguard. Stop the threat and don't cause any dumb poo poo.

All this is true, but if your client ends up kicking some guy in the street, and he then ends up in jail, you've kind of hosed up at your job as a bodyguard in a fundamental way. This guy went straight from the step where you try to de-escalate the situation, to the part where everyone is wailing on some guy in the gutter. There were actually quite a few things he could have done in the intervening time to protect his client beyond yelling "go that way."

On the other hand, one of those things is calling the authorities, and these guys were from the states where that has a good chance of ending up with everyone involved bleeding out in the gutter with planted guns on them, so i have a bit of sympathy for the way he acted in that respect.

Svaha fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 20, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Svaha posted:

All this is true, but if your client ends up kicking some guy in the street, and he then ends up in jail, you've kind of hosed up at your job as a bodyguard in a fundamental way. This guy went straight from the step where you try to de-escalate the situation, to the part where everyone is wailing on some guy in the gutter. There were actually quite a few things he could have done in the intervening time to protect his client beyond yelling "go that way."

On the other hand, one of those things is calling the authorities, and these guys were from the states where that has a good chance of ending up with everyone involved bleeding out in the gutter with planted guns on them, so i have a bit of sympathy for the way he acted in that respect.

The bodyguard also has States quality employment assurance and failure to back your employer in every legal capacity possible is probably instant termination without benefits.

Anyway. This topic of Scandinavian rule of law reminds me of that time a Mossad hit squad assassinated the wrong guy in Norway. They were caught by police and if I recall sent back to Israel without punishment. Does Norway not have rule of law?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Eschenique posted:

Anyway. This topic of Scandinavian rule of law reminds me of that time a Mossad hit squad assassinated the wrong guy in Norway. They were caught by police and if I recall sent back to Israel without punishment. Does Norway not have rule of law?

:downsbravo:diplomatic immunity:downsbravo:

Isn't the only reason Rocky is in custody that he was off the charts dumb and uploaded the crimes.avi to his own Instagram? If they'd just beaten up two crazy "fans" or whatever and then left, would anything have happened at all? I doubt it.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I get diplomatic immunity just so for example a German embassy staffer doesn't go to prison for 40 years for accidentally stepping on a holy cobble stone after having eaten dairy. But you would think that all countries would come together and maybe draw the line at assassination.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Eschenique posted:

I get diplomatic immunity just so for example a German embassy staffer doesn't go to prison for 40 years for accidentally stepping on a holy cobble stone after having eaten dairy. But you would think that all countries would come together and maybe draw the line at assassination.

Was this just after the Munich Olympic massacre in 1972? Because I'm fairly sure that just about everyone gave Mossad a free pass to do whatever horrible poo poo after that.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Svaha posted:

Was this just after the Munich Olympic massacre in 1972? Because I'm fairly sure that just about everyone gave Mossad a free pass to do whatever horrible poo poo after that.

Yeah they were after one of the terrorists in Norway. I might have given them a pass if they got him but instead they did in a random Norwegian innocent.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Svaha posted:

Ah, I forgot about those things yeah.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Svaha posted:

gently caress mossad very much
Put them in the gulag as soon as they touch ground imo

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Wild Horses posted:

gently caress mossad very much
Put them in the gulag as soon as they touch ground imo

Hey in the 70s the Mossad was mainly known as the top nazi hunters of the world.

Different times.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Hey nerds, recommend me some good swepol twitter's to follow so I can keep educate myself on the current ongoings of our gay country

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

Hey nerds, recommend me some good swepol twitter's to follow so I can keep educate myself on the current ongoings of our gay country

If you're interested in ongoings then just follow a bunch of journalists. They're not difficult to find.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Trying to formulate responses to this thing without sounding like an American right wing shithead.

variations of "Don't commit assault if you don't want to go to jail" doesn't cut it.

Meanwhile Americans are crawling out of the woodworks to give their 2 cents on how Sweden's legal system and approach to crime, criminal reform and prevention can learn from the USA and it can get pretty infuriating.

Especially since all their googling will instantly lead them to youtube videos on Swedish no-go zones and how the country is basically Somalia now and of course you need to defend yourself on the streets of Sweden on a daily basis.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Eschenique posted:

Trying to formulate responses to this thing without sounding like an American right wing shithead.

variations of "Don't commit assault if you don't want to go to jail" doesn't cut it.

Meanwhile Americans are crawling out of the woodworks to give their 2 cents on how Sweden's legal system and approach to crime, criminal reform and prevention can learn from the USA and it can get pretty infuriating.

Especially since all their googling will instantly lead them to youtube videos on Swedish no-go zones and how the country is basically Somalia now and of course you need to defend yourself on the streets of Sweden on a daily basis.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
"Don't commit assault if you don't want to go to jail" makes it sound like a transaction. "Don't commit assault, and gently caress you if you do." is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Mercrom posted:

"Don't commit assault if you don't want to go to jail" makes it sound like a transaction. "Don't commit assault, and gently caress you if you do." is fine.

Yeah but that's every single talking head on fox when the cops shot a black man dead for being in his own garden.