Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PRADA SLUT posted:

I think its painted styrofoam, perhaps even inflatable

I think it lives, still, yearning for companionship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Wow you guys were eager to tell me about furniture. Thanks for all the input. I will try to keep all this in mind the next time I go to look at something. (The dresser in question was gone by the time I had asked about it.)

Meanwhile, I've rapidly fallen in love with 3d wall panels. I don't know where, and I don't know which, but I'm putting this stuff somewhere.

https://inhabitliving.com/collections/wall-flats-decorative-3d-wall-panels

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i gotta say, in all of my zillow exploration, the absolute most garbage tier state for homes is arkansas. hands down

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

For the Thread Challenge have

The B-B-B-B-B-BREAKERS

An honest-to-God Vanderbilt house, open to the public for you to go and gawk at (it's very cool, i've been a few times) but as such their website doesn't seem to have a lot of photos. Found a couple though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

luxury handset posted:

i gotta say, in all of my zillow exploration, the absolute most garbage tier state for homes is arkansas. hands down

I was thinking that home was total poo poo but then I saw that sweet as poo poo wolf

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

unfortunately, I had this exact same picture painted on my wall, but the framed one is nice when I need to move it to another room

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

This sucks but I feel it has enough go-hard-or-go-home elements to elevate it out of the worst.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah a bunch of the big dumb mansions i find are lovely yet not notably lovely, but the visual punchline of the shirt wolf art was too good. also that home theater

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

I think its painted styrofoam, perhaps even inflatable

lol

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I am in love with that home theater and its tiny screen.

mutata fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 16, 2019

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Look at this guillotine-worthy bullshit. 32,000 square feet with an 11,000 sf guest house and 2644sf pool house. Formerly owned by this rich fucker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tull. Price has been dropped from $85 million to $60 million with no takers, probably because it is a beige hell.

If you're gonna have a "house" this big can you at least make it not look like the world's largest McMansion?

a goddamn sea of beige

50 shades of beige

The majority of time spent in a bedroom is with the lights out so idk why they need all those chandeliers

Did someone say toilet chaise?

This is nightmarish.

aaaaaaaaah beds should not have eyes

[insert joke about Steelers fans here]

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Can't sleep, plane'll eat me.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I am trying to imagine how I would ever need 33 bathrooms and nope I’m just not getting there.

Like it has 12 bedrooms, ok fine, maybe you could place 20 bathrooms around the place and still be able to hit one with a rock from pretty much anywhere in the house right? What are the other 13 shitters for?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

loving love these lurking piano shots

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I am trying to imagine how I would ever need 33 bathrooms and nope I’m just not getting there.

Like it has 12 bedrooms, ok fine, maybe you could place 20 bathrooms around the place and still be able to hit one with a rock from pretty much anywhere in the house right? What are the other 13 shitters for?

I'm guessing they're split between the guest house, pool house, spa, gym, theater, gate house, mill house, whatever buildings are needed to support the "farm" part, servants quarters, etc.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Youth Decay posted:

Look at this guillotine-worthy bullshit. 32,000 square feet with an 11,000 sf guest house and 2644sf pool house. Formerly owned by this rich fucker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tull. Price has been dropped from $85 million to $60 million with no takers, probably because it is a beige hell.

aaaaaaaaah beds should not have eyes

The only time a plane WANTS to celebrate a May Day!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

Surprisingly reasonable HOA fee all things considered..

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pros:
there's a table
a little rock to perch on [or use as leverage for shower sex]
Three! Three shower heads!
It's soothingly minimal, and refined
less grout = easier to clean
does marble count as a JO crystal?

Cons:

Pretty sure they buried Jesus Christ in there

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It doesn’t have to be, but that looks slippery as gently caress.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Desperately needs a gigantic tub with whirlpool functionality, ideally rising out of the marble floor.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

Price has been dropped from $85 million to $60 million with no takers, probably because it is a beige hell.

I was in the paint aisle yesterday and a kid asked his mum "Can we paint it magnolia?", to which she replied (paraphrased) "No, magnolia is a colour that shouldn't exist, it is an abomination". Made me smile.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/quirquet/status/1151066556601917440

https://twitter.com/quirquet/status/1151066570170556418

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Idk who the gently caress Rick Owens is but his house is shite

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"I want it to look like if a caveman stumbled upon a house and decided to live there"

Rick Owens, Probably

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

It is very south of france.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Going for that trendy post-apocalyptic chic, I see

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jaded Burnout posted:

I was in the paint aisle yesterday and a kid asked his mum "Can we paint it magnolia?", to which she replied (paraphrased) "No, magnolia is a colour that shouldn't exist, it is an abomination". Made me smile.

Mrs. Yahweh in Paint Aisle needs assistance, approach with obeisance, genuflecting & a burnt sacrifice (a quarter pounder will do nicely) just to be safe.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Those are the weirdest loss edits I've seen yet.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The ceiling looks moldy. I don't care if you want to go for minimalism and big blocks of stone aesthetic, but the air feels gritty to me in those pics because of the stuff left deliberately unfinished.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

One of Rick Owens' (he's one of the biggest name designers in the world if you're unfamiliar) big fashion innovations a couple years ago was a big cape that your dick sticks out of, having a weird kinda moldy looking house is right on brand

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm roughly familiar with the concept of refinishing pieces of furniture, but what if it's veneered? You can't really sand that down, right?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm roughly familiar with the concept of refinishing pieces of furniture, but what if it's veneered? You can't really sand that down, right?

I wouldn't use anything coarser than maybe 400-600# and very gently, and that's off the top so I may be wrong. Interesting piece, though. You probably want a pro to do that one.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PetraCore posted:

The ceiling looks moldy. I don't care if you want to go for minimalism and big blocks of stone aesthetic, but the air feels gritty to me in those pics because of the stuff left deliberately unfinished.

yeah at least plaster the ceiling or something if you want cheap minimalism. imagine the dust you have to sweep off all your surfaces (or not, it's chic)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Nice TTT level. What's with all the aliasing?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i can only assume it is a high concentration of escher particles interfering with the camera sensor

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Must be a rough shot from a new hitman stage.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

wanna drop little pom poms or water balloons from that staircase onto a dinner party below

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

BadSamaritan posted:

wanna drop little pom poms or water balloons from that staircase onto a dinner party below

Have we just invented gravy balloons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

luxury handset posted:

i can only assume it is a high concentration of escher particles interfering with the camera sensor

I cannot not notice the baby grand pianos now, lol