Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Easily the best xpac they've made, and it might be my fave FF game since XIII. It was incredibly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

nuclear throne was fun to me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Easily the best xpac they've made, and it might be my fave FF game since XIII. It was incredibly good

wow, best final fantasy since the final fantasy immediately before it. incredible acheivment

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mysterious loyall X posted:

wow, best final fantasy since the final fantasy immediately before it. incredible acheivment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hurr

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>posting an MMO in the Games Beat megathread

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Kirby Star Allies

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycophobia posted:

Kirby Star Allies

just the story mode or more

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
just story. i'll come back to it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ok me too :)

Kirby Star Allies

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

ok me too :)

Kirby Star Allies

:p its a good game im just trying to plow through all these switch games i have without caring too much about side quests/extra content. playing arcade games all the time has ruined my attention span

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Timespinner

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Lol

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

20. Paratopic. i didn't like it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Just Shapes & Beats

Only story mode which is v quick but I will try to S rank every stage. Very good tho. Rhythmic bullet hell (not shooting, only dodging) with a chiptune soundtrack

The last song you can unlock is the Mortal Kombat theme which remains a massive banger

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

Timespinner

Cool what'd you think? I really enjoyed it but it was pretty short and didn't do enough with the time mechanics

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cubivore_ posted:

20. Paratopic. i didn't like it

drat it looked kinda cool and I wanted something spoopy to play today

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cool what'd you think? I really enjoyed it but it was pretty short and didn't do enough with the time mechanics

I liked it a lot but yeah the time mechanics were pretty vestigial. Using enemies as platforms was cool but it really never went anywhere beyond that. It was still a solid game all the same and I liked the whole orb weapon system.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>posting an MMO in the Games Beat megathread

Lmao

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Judgment

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Slay the Spire

Hadn't played this for months but tonight I sat down and finally beat Act 4. It's got some frustrating and tedious elements that had me give up for a time, but overall it's a good game and I'm glad I finally finished it.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

9. Hitman 2

Or at least saw the credits for the first time. The levels in this one are just incredible, although I'm not sure about some of the side objectives - IDing the Maelstrom and gathering evidence in Whittleton Creek every time are a bit tiresome, but at least there's a bit more variety in how you can do it than like the Sapienza Virus or the tornado shelter in Colorado. Speaking of which, in Colorado from the legacy pack you don't need to go to the tornado shelter except for the first time you clear it! Huge improvement.

Aston fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 18, 2019

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Slay the Spire

Hadn't played this for months but tonight I sat down and finally beat Act 4. It's got some frustrating and tedious elements that had me give up for a time, but overall it's a good game and I'm glad I finally finished it.

Ascension 20 is finishing it :twisted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goferchan posted:

Ascension 20 is finishing it :twisted:

Maybe for other stronger gamers but at most I might keep trying to beat it with the other two characters.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Maybe for other stronger gamers but at most I might keep trying to beat it with the other two characters.

Huh I thought you had to beat it with all 3 to even unlock Act 4. Guess I was wrong . You should though they're cool and all play vastly differently , they're adding a 4th one for free eventually too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goferchan posted:

Huh I thought you had to beat it with all 3 to even unlock Act 4. Guess I was wrong . You should though they're cool and all play vastly differently , they're adding a 4th one for free eventually too

No no, I beat Act 3 with everyone months ago. You have to do that to make the three keys start spawning to get to Act 4. But until now I never managed to beat the Heart with any of them, until yesterday with the Ironclad.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

No no, I beat Act 3 with everyone months ago. You have to do that to make the three keys start spawning to get to Act 4. But until now I never managed to beat the Heart with any of them, until yesterday with the Ironclad.

Ah ok that makes sense. Yeah I did the heart one time but now that i'm playing through the ascensions I skip it , I feel like an act 3 win is a win and anything after is a victory lap

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Amid Evil - Evil Difficulty

Pretty cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario Maker 2 Story Mode 100%.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Darkness. I enjoyed it. The shooting and powers were fun, I dug the edgy 90s comic aesthetic, and a lot of care was clearly put into it with lots of little details in the background, the enemy dialogue, the animations, etc. I also liked that even though it's about you having a demon bound to you that consumes your soul in exchange for giving you infernal powers, like 95% of the plot is a standard mafia revenge story but the protagonist just kind of happens to have demonic eels bursting out of his back and ripping people apart.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amid Evil. Awesome game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

28. DOOM 2016. Cool game but it takes a lot of upgrading to really feel like DOOM and I am starting to hate that poo poo. I liked the collectibles and exploring, the shuttling between monster arenas thing got a little old. Most of the updated character models were cool but Cacodemon and Cyberdemon both looked way worse, real generic comic book poo poo. Ending was low budget and lame but I guess I gladly accepted several paragraphs of text as endings previously. Anyway I liked it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
what difficulty did you play on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

28. DOOM 2016. Cool game but it takes a lot of upgrading to really feel like DOOM and I am starting to hate that poo poo. I liked the collectibles and exploring, the shuttling between monster arenas thing got a little old. Most of the updated character models were cool but Cacodemon and Cyberdemon both looked way worse, real generic comic book poo poo. Ending was low budget and lame but I guess I gladly accepted several paragraphs of text as endings previously. Anyway I liked it.

how i think about that game is it took me like 6 months to beat doom 4 with 15 hours of gameplay and im currently at 52 hours in a month for yakuza 0.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dropped it after encountering five closed off arena monster fights in the first two levels. very un-doomlike game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

a Loving Dog posted:

what difficulty did you play on

Ultra Violence

trying to jack off posted:

how i think about that game is it took me like 6 months to beat doom 4 with 15 hours of gameplay and im currently at 52 hours in a month for yakuza 0.

This is the 4th time I tried to get into it actually lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Amid Evil. Awesome game

just beat this. its so loving good. theres one or two levels out of many i didn't find agreeable but overall it kicks rear end and im gonna just play it again lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

just beat this. its so loving good. theres one or two levels out of many i didn't find agreeable but overall it kicks rear end and im gonna just play it again lol

The last ep was very disorienting in a good way. Really excellent and clever level design all around

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Amid Evil. Awesome game

I need too play this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The Darkness. I enjoyed it. The shooting and powers were fun, I dug the edgy 90s comic aesthetic, and a lot of care was clearly put into it with lots of little details in the background, the enemy dialogue, the animations, etc. I also liked that even though it's about you having a demon bound to you that consumes your soul in exchange for giving you infernal powers, like 95% of the plot is a standard mafia revenge story but the protagonist just kind of happens to have demonic eels bursting out of his back and ripping people apart.

I remember watching a tv in a homeless person’s shopping cart on the subway platform for like 30 minutes in this game